• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who Are The Fittest Athletes

G

Talking about overall fitness and strength.

I would say

MMA
Motocross
Boxers

MMA
Motocross
Boxers.... who carry puck bags for hockey players that box on ice on skates. Game on!

OAF keyboard commandos! Just ask us, we can watch any athletic achievement from MMA to the NFL and talk shit all day about the guys who actually DID IT!

Beer drinkers, the best have been working at it nonstop for decades.

No you bunch of puff heads. Got to have a strength and overall fitness components combined.

Carry on...

You have to be more specific. There is no sport on earth where all players would be outclassed by athletes of another sport. No boxer is going to throw a baseball 105mph. None are strong enough.

Take football as an example. A lot of those guys have a gut. They'd crush guys of most other sports in bursts of energy. That's what they train for. Boxers have insane endurance, big arms and chest, and itsy bitsy chicken legs. Runners and bicyclists have better endurance than them because that's 99% of their sport.

MMA fighters and boxers have incredible physical and mental endurance. Getting punched in the face is a huge deterrant for me, not so much for them.

Swimming is endurance. It does not requite a lot of strength

MMA is multi dimensional whereas they have to perform full tilt for 3-5 rounds.
Power lifting is 100% for 4 seconds.

Football they rest while they walk back to the huddle then go full sprint/contact for 5-12 seconds

Combining all the fitness elements--what is your pick of all sports.

Here are two of the best

Dawrf tossing is not a sport

Dwarf+Tossing1.JPG

Then I'll vote baseball.

I could be an awful football player in a number of positions.
I could be an awful boxer, MMA fighter, etc. Those things anyone could do and suck at.
However, in baseball, there are things I cannot do and never will. My stats would be all 0s. No 9 point rounds. No last place finishes. Just 0.000 across the board. Could not do it.

Hockey by far.

Not my favorite sport by any stretch, but I am shocked you are the only one that said Hockey. One of the few sports that requires a complete athlete. There are phenomenal athletes in all the major sports, but as a complete group, have to agree that it is Hockey.

Swimming is endurance. It does not requite a lot of strength

MMA is multi dimensional whereas they have to perform full tilt for 3-5 rounds.
Power lifting is 100% for 4 seconds.

Football they rest while they walk back to the huddle then go full sprint/contact for 5-12 seconds

Combining all the fitness elements--what is your pick of all sports.

Your title said 'Fittest" not strongest.

Try doing what Michael Phelps or Ryan Lochte does, then tell me about fit.

Oh yeah, marines (some army) and spec ops guys from all walks. They carry heavy ass packs all over the mountains and with bad guys shooting at them.
My heroes for a lot of reasons.

I know a lot of strong guys and a lot of fast guys who cant do that all day. Its a different tough.

I also say farmers/ranchers. They are toughest sobs i have ever seen. Come to the ER at ages most are retired or dead with broke ribs and a collapsed lung they got the day before, acting better than some pussy in skinny jeans with a man cold. They get up early and go all day. Not an "athlete"and the real deal.

I would rather be a friend of the above than some whiny pro who says he "worked hard" for his millions a year.

Cure cancer, take care of crack babies, help kids avoid drugs and gang violence, take care of old people, help a veteran who is too proud to ask for help, protect
someone from danger. Thats work with a reward.

Rant off, passing out. 0430 is gonna be here soon.

crossfit games athletes would be my vote..baseball is a joke and most football players have to come off the field after they run 20 yards. Hockey would be up there too i think as would swimming, F*CK swimming that shits hard.

Marathon runners dont have strength. Crossfit does.

Frankly, that's nothing more than a stereotype. A lot of serious marathon runners do a good bit of lifting to maintain overall strength and stave off injury. Perhaps your weekend warriors not so much. They are quite strong for their weight, and unless you're comparing against lifters, that's what counts. When I was running under 2:30 for the marathon I never maxed out on pullups because I just got bored after 30 or so and called it good. Bench was about 150% of bodyweight.

Fittest being a somewhat loose definition , I would say triathletes . Running a marathon , then swimming one then cycling another one
requires a frightening level of commitment and determination . Other than that , and if you include a strength and skill component ,
various SF elements around the world are up there on the list .

Fittest guy I ever knew was a buddy from school ; he was a Rugby no 8 , marathon runner , Hapkido black belt , and had attended the
Royal Academy of Dance ( ballet ) since age 10 and danced for the Australian Ballet ! People only ever gave him shit about the ballet once ….

What about soccer? I wonder how many miles they run in a single match??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed...farmers are tough as nails. Yes to hockey. No to long distance anything. I swam distance for two colleges. Our best guys could not hang with one good farmer even though they are superbly conditioned. Decathlete is an interesting entry. .
Latin day workers are up there but this thread is for athletics.

You aint ever wrestled a calf for castration or branding or been in a pen to check on a sick bull or big sow if you dont think its athletic. Try running in boots with 3 lbs of shit and mud on them in a messy pen with a pissed off sow chasing ya, see how high bench or squat numbers help.
Hell, rodeo is a popular sport and its has steer wrestling which is a simplified version. See if you had a ranch and had to do that for 3-5 days every spring, most wouldnt survive.

Then there is the fun of fried nuts and cold beer. Helluva good time.

Imagine FM chasing some Nebraska hiefer around wanting to show her his "plow". Bet he moves quick.

I am a fan of fitness. Guys and gals who have to be fit
for a living, even if they dont always look it, are tough.

As far as athletes as most would define them.
hockey, mountaineers, adventure racers are up there.

You aint ever wrestled a calf for castration or branding or been in a pen to check on a sick bull or big sow if you dont think its athletic. Try running in boots with 3 lbs of shit and mud on them in a messy pen with a pissed off sow chasing ya, see how high bench or squat numbers help.
Hell, rodeo is a popular sport and its has steer wrestling which is a simplified version. See if you had a ranch and had to do that for 3-5 days every spring, most wouldnt survive.

Or Just plain hay season!!

I got to say for fitness, and pure guts it has to be ladies Rugby. Football and Hockey players are covered with padding. Rugby players have none. A football player gets tackled some guy blows the play dead. When a Rugby player gets tackled, they kick the crap out of him/her and take the ball.

I football player gets turf toe, they're out of the game, A Rugby player gets hurt, they take a shot of beer or whiskey (depending of the extent of injuries ( and send them back in) My granddaughter plays college rugby. She dislocated her shoulder, her team mates re-set it, gave her two shots of whiskey and sent her back in. She scored the winning tie.

They make lousy medics though, the doctor had to re-dislocate the shoulder and set it right.

IMG_1663.JPG

There was a fella asking about his GF on here.
Offspring of Kraig that is that tough would be a good lady to start courting.
Mind your Ps and Qs boy would be my best advice.

Good point sir, rugby is for tough ones. They say Rugby has lower incidence of concusion than football. I always wondered if it is lower or just under reported.

I doubt there's any definitive answer here because we're all going to have a different sense of the balance of strength, conditioning, or toughness. I look at that soccer player Ronaldo and it is hard to say he doesn't look "fit". But soccer? Come on people -- that pro golfer who swatted an alligator off the course looks tougher to me (calm down you soccer loving snowflakes, I'm just kidding). But if you want an idea of what soccer would look like if it were played by real men (relax, calm down, I'm just kidding (maybe)), we need to look to Australia:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s1aU0hz5Tf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I doubt there's any definitive answer here because we're all going to have a different sense of the balance of strength, conditioning, or toughness. I look at that soccer player Ronaldo and it is hard to say he doesn't look "fit". But soccer? Come on people -- that pro golfer who swatted an alligator off the course looks tougher to me (calm down you soccer loving snowflakes, I'm just kidding). But if you want an idea of what soccer would look like if it were played by real men (relax, calm down, I'm just kidding (maybe)), we need to look to Australia:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s1aU0hz5Tf8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep , I played Australian Rules footy as a fit young rooster , rugby too . Fortunately I stopped playing to work overseas ;
which is why I still have most of my tendons and bones intact … Character building though , the mindset that makes you
get back on your feet and keep trying after a big hit can be very useful in challenging job situations later in life .

Then I'm going to have to revise my previous "arena" statement to "Rescue Swimmer."

Swimming off the coast of Alaska in 30-40' seas and 40 kt winds in a 20# drysuit with another 20# of survival gear is no picnic and a great all around challenge but I have to dig deeper on a 75 or 80 mile bike ride. Then again I was 20 years old when I dressed up like a crash test dummy and I hope to celebrate my 47th Bday this summer with a 100 mile ride. Sand volleyball keeps my short burst of ballbusting energy game current and the bike is for endurance.

Swimming off the coast of Alaska in 30-40' seas and 40 kt winds in a 20# drysuit with another 20# of survival gear is no picnic and a great all around challenge but I have to dig deeper on a 75 or 80 mile bike ride. Then again I was 20 years old when I dressed up like a crash test dummy and I hope to celebrate my 47th Bday this summer with a 100 mile ride. Sand volleyball keeps my short burst of ballbusting energy game current and the bike is for endurance.

What is Sharky??

screw-stud.lh14803.jpg

CranberryMuffin.jpg

Well I can't say one way or another if rescue swimmers are the fittest athletes.

But I can say that if the question revolved around some of the biggest cojones... then rescue swimmers would be right up there.

What's the motto? "You have to go out... you don't have to come back?"

Cheers,

Sirhr

What's the motto? "You have to go out... you don't have to come back?"

Cheers,

Sirhr

By the Commandants order the rescue swimmer is the only person on a cutter that has the authority to say no to the Captain, they have the final say in going over the side. You assess a situation with the knowledge that if you go you might not make it back but if you don't go those civilians have no chance of making it back. I damn sure don't miss the uniform but I do miss (and simultaneously hate) the ocean and SAR.

Best physical condition? NFL Running back

Most Skilled? MLB No. 1 starter or 3-hole hitter.

Alpine climbers. core strength, upper and lower body strength, flexibility, short intense output or hours upon hours of pure slogging all at altitude where air is thin and recovery long, food and water minimal, -40 temps, rock and ice falling trying to kill you, avalanches, the mental game where death is one slip away over hours or days to weeks even while trying to sleep for days to weeks, while carrying a pack and climbing kit extra weight trying to pull you off, cannot be compared to anything else.

Every kid in America can throw a football and hit a baseball. And, most can swim, bike and run. But, only a select few athletes would undertake a 2.5 mile open water swim, OR a 117 mile bike ride, OR a full marathon. Ironman Triathletes do the swim AND the bike AND the run with only transition periods in between legs. Everyone knows someone that plays baseball, football, or soccer. But, triathlon is so physically selective most don't even know someone that does it.

Either that, or the athletes that made exercise a sport. Crossfit...