• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Who do you like for the National Championship game

Re: Who do you like for the National Championship game

LSU and Oklahoma State. LSU wins 31-21.

Undefeateds:
Alabama - Loses to LSU and doesn't get to the SEC champ. game making it impossible for them to make it to the NC.
OK State - They get their two difficult remaining tests (K-state who is overrated and Oklahoma) at home so they have an edge in both IMO.
Stanford - Falls to Oregon in a thriller if you don't like defense.
Boise State - BCS will never allow them to go to the NCG.

One lossers (all these are predicated on OSU losing):
Oklahoma - Might make it in if they beat OK State but I don't think it will happen.
Oregon - If they beat Stanford and USC (who for some reason the pollsters think is good) they might get bumped enough but with LSU going I doubt pollsters would vote for a rematch.
South Carolina - Sadly it is only a matter of time the ole ball coach's team loses again since they are without Lattimore and an experienced QB.
Nebraska - They have two quality road games the next two weeks and will get a boost in the polls if they win both.

Disclaimer: the "can't lose your conference and go to the NCG" mentality is mine and of every other person with a brain. Proof - The BCS allowed Oklahoma into the 2003 NCG after getting SHELLACKED by K-State in the B12 CG 35-7....

Alabama losing to LSU in Tuscaloosa? Wishful thinking and ignorant.

Alabama beats LSU, beats the crap out of some loser from the SEC East, and plays a #2 LSU again for an NC.

That's the money game.

I will say this, it should meet everyone's expectations as far as a good football game Saturday night. Does Alabama have an advantage playing at home? You betcha they do.

But they better not make any big mistakes and give away that home field advantage.

So far as the National Championship! It's a little early this year, it's on Nov 5th. You get to watch the two best teams in college football play before the holidays.

Not much doubt in my mind that the winner of Saturday nights game is, and will be the National Champion regardless of the rest of their schedule.

Yankees. In five.
wink.gif

Alabama by 10, then it is easy street all the way to our 14th National Championship. ROLL TIDE

Going to be a great National Championship game. I want LSU to win but I think Bama will take it home field advantage. Who ever wins they should win the BCS championship no one in the top ten can hang with them. I also think the lose should not drop lower than 5 in the polls.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alabama losing to LSU in Tuscaloosa? Wishful thinking and ignorant.

Alabama beats LSU, beats the crap out of some loser from the SEC East, and plays a #2 LSU again for an NC.

That's the money game. </div></div>

Ditto!

Dag, It's a lock! I'm staying in Shelby county for the game. (of course I have been threatened with death from family members if I even show up in T town.)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Knife</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alabama by 10, then it is easy street all the way to our 14th National Championship. ROLL TIDE </div></div>

Haha, does that include 1941 when bama didn't win the conference, lost to Vanderbilt and Mississippi State en route to an 8-2 record, and was ranked 20th by the AP?

If BAMA can come out the first Q and play(unlike most our other games) and keep it even to the half then will have 10+ at the end of the game on LSU. BUT BUT BUT if we let them get ahead in the first half I don't think we will come back.

THAT being said......ROLL TIDE! I take the Crimson Tide by 10 at the final bell!

I agree it will be a low scoring game. I like Alabama (of course) by a touchdown. I think the Tide defense will not allow the kind of passing attack by Lee that has been so effective for them this season. Even putting the other guy in to mix it up won't help because they are looking for the change up.
Bama has to capitalize on the running game and keep either Richardson or Lacy on the field at all times. But they have to throw the ball enough to keep LSU guessing. McCarron is up to it and we have the home field advantage. (although I must say I did watch the Tide go down to Southern Miss in T-town the year after we won a national championship. It was a bad day and much Wild Turkey was consumed)

I think the BCS will be Bama and Boise. I want it badly to STFU all the boise fanboys who think they are ready to deal with the SEC. But the National Championship game is being played in Tuscaloosa tomorrow.

All I have to say is the tenn score was 6 to 6 so they better come out to play or it will be a up hill climb for Bama. LSU is not Tenn.

Snowtop, 5 touchdown to 6 POINTS does not make a tie game. LOL!

Bama 37 Tenn 6

It will come down to the 2 last undefeated teams...Boise st and Houston.

I couldn't even type that with a straight face. Probably Bama and Stanford.

If Okl st stays unbeaten it will be them and either Bama or LSU

What will be interesting is IF Stanford, Okl ST and either Bama or LSU are undefeated at the end

Looks like Bama could not win. LSU kept Richardson contained and the kicker could not find the path between the uprights.
Good luck to LSU.
Roll Tide!

LSU-27
Boise State-24

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alabama losing to LSU in Tuscaloosa? Wishful thinking and ignorant.

Well seems #1 LSU will need to play #2 Alabama again for a NC. Last game Alabama looked stronger even when losing thinks to their kicker.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alabama losing to LSU in Tuscaloosa? Wishful thinking and ignorant.

Well seems #1 LSU will need to play #2 Alabama again for a NC. Last game Alabama looked stronger even when losing thinks to their kicker. </div></div>

Rankings came out.....LSU #1.................Alabama #4............OH MY!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Silver_Bullet_00</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Alabama losing to LSU in Tuscaloosa? Wishful thinking and ignorant.

Well seems #1 LSU will need to play #2 Alabama again for a NC. Last game Alabama looked stronger even when losing thinks to their kicker. </div></div>

How do you figure ?

My guess is LSU vs Stanford. Stanford only has one tough game left

LSU vs. Bama would be a GREAT rematch.

But The Tide need to be working with a new kicker. Ol dude couldn't hit the broadside of the barn at 45 yards if his life depended on it.

Was a sad night.

LSU vs OKSt or Stanford.

If they both lose a game then OU or rematch with bama.

My Okie State Cowboys are gonna get some revenge on Les!! At least in my perfect world.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smaddox</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU vs OKSt or Stanford.

If they both lose a game then OU or rematch with bama. </div></div>

YEP....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crumpmd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I think the BCS will be Bama and Boise. I want it badly to STFU all the boise fanboys who think they are ready to deal with the SEC. But the National Championship game is being played in Tuscaloosa tomorrow. </div></div>

And so does Boise State to shut up all the doubters but the BCS will never let it happen. BSU has beat everyone that will play them and if anyone thinks BAMA will commit to a game against BSU during the season, not gonna happen but BSU will take it.

The SEC seem to forgot their bowl records, Utah was predicted to be a scrimmage for Bama. What was the SEC bowl record last year? If they are so powerful and unbeatable why didn't the SEC win every game?

The SEC seems to think every team is a giant power house when in fact just like every other conference, most of the teams are not. BSU did go into Georgia, home field advantage for the Dawgs and win...SEC school by the way. But now its, well they did not play LSU or Bama, is the question LSU / Bama or the SEC? I have watched UK play, SEC team by the way, where is this SEC school ranked!

Is LSU and Bama a top team of course but the SEC as a conference are not all rated #1. After every game, the same old remarks, BSU is bigger and faster than we thought, and very well coached.

Just what if UGA beats LSU!

National champ, hard to predict now:
OSU vs OU
LSU vs UGA
Oregon vs Standford
TCU vs BSU

That is why they play the game!

I agree with a lot of what 45.308 but will disagree with the strength of BSU. That shitty high school conference you play in and your one "big name" game you play every year does not equate to a major conference schedule. The SEC has 4 top 10 teams. BSU beats a shitty Georgia whose coach will be unemployed in a month and you want to beat your chest like you're unstoppable. BSU should go to the PAC-12 an THEN talk about a NC chance. Don't play Nevada and Wyoming and these no-name school and then claim you're on par with a major conference

Mike,

My youngest daughter got accepted at Bama. Hardly what my wife and I would have chosen as it's a long way from home.

But, as she's a rower, and would be attending on a rowing scholarship, would I be in violation of, or in keeping with, your well documented SEC-blowhard postulations should I begin to root for Alabama? Especially since Mrs. Q and myself are alumni of USF!

I love these threads!

LSU will lose to Arkansas and will not make it to the championship!

Oregon thought they were tough shit until they came up to play against an SEC team. Same thing with Boise St. You put them in a game with Alabama, it would be a blow out for Bama. Viewers dont want to see that shit, they want a good game for ratings. Because ratings = money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU will lose to Arkansas and will not make it to the championship!

Oregon thought they were tough shit until they came up to play against an SEC team. Same thing with Boise St. You put them in a game with Alabama, it would be a blow out for Bama. Viewers dont want to see that shit, they want a good game for ratings. Because ratings = money. </div></div>

Keep wishing!!! LOL you guys are amazing!!

You can take Boise out of the NC running....LMAO. Lost to unranked TCU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU will lose to Arkansas and will not make it to the championship!

Oregon thought they were tough shit until they came up to play against an SEC team. Same thing with Boise St. You put them in a game with Alabama, it would be a blow out for Bama. Viewers dont want to see that shit, they want a good game for ratings. Because ratings = money. </div></div>

Keep wishing!!! LOL you guys are amazing!! </div></div>

You see what Arkansas is doing to UT?
laugh.gif

This weekend was crazy. We will see what happens but it looks like it will be LSU#1 Alabama#2 in the rankings.

I'd like to see Okie state play LSU for the NC. OSU has the offensive to score on LSU, i'm not sure they have defense to stop LSU. i rather see LSU/OSU in the NC than a LSU/Bama rematch.

Boomer Sooners!

Does OSU have the offense that can score on LSU? Yes. Can they score a lot? no. Can their defense keep LSU under 30? no. It would be a blow out. But I doubt well ever get to know for sure.

Oklahoma/OSU will be real interesting this weekend.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: markspring1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Montana Grizzlies 24- Georgia Southern 17 in the only true Division I football championship.

</div></div>

I guess, if we are including all the special needs, undersized, no talent schools then you're right.

snl-super-fans.jpg

Hello, and welcome to yet another edition of Bill Swerski's Super Fans. As we are all aware, Da Chicago Bearss are quickly descending into irrelevance after yesterday’s Ditka-heartbreaking loss to the Seattle Seahawkss. With no hope of the Lombardi Trophy and no basketball, we turn today’s program to the next least-worst alternative: college football.

georgewendtbobswerski.jpg

Now we all know the University of Chicago’s mascot is the Phoenix. Which will need to be fully used after dis year’s disappointing 5-5 record. That being said, Da Super Fans can not endorse such a mediocre program. So we turn our attention to the elite, the best of the best, and will try to determine who in the BCS Championship should get our rousing endorsement.
The only way to reasonably decide is by mascot. Obviously if the guy in a costume on our side can beat up the guy in a costume on your side, it oughta come out the same way on da field. So we have the Alabama Crimson Tide (and elephants) v. The LSU Bayou Bengals. Todd, your thoughts?

Farley.jpg

Well, Bill, I think Alabama’s mascot choice is just wrong. While initially intimidating, every month I meet the “crimson tide” at home, I just tell her to do the laundry or get back in the kitchen. I then black out for a few days and wake up on the floor… My pick: Tiger’s eat Elephants 72-0.

MiMy-Pat%20Arnold.jpg

Easy there, Bill. The University of the State of Louisiana might be good, but dere not ’85 Bears good. Bama’s D is gonna give them trouble. I’m calling it LSU 63-2 in a close one.

How do you get 2 there, Pat?

MiMy-Pat%20Arnold.jpg

Easy. Mercy safety by LSU in the closing seconds.

How about you, Carl? What do you think?

joe_20mantegna-bill_20swerski.jpg

I believe, the Football Gods (a.k.a The Ditkas) are gonna shine on the Alabama Crimson Tide on January 9th. It will be a rout of epic proportions. There will be none in purple and gold left standing. Alabama 51-10.

You know, I heard that the LSU coach, Les Mile’s eats grass during the game. And that the grass is from Ditka’s childhood home’s front yard.

joe_20mantegna-bill_20swerski.jpg

In that case, LSU 212-0.

Well there you have it folks, LSU wins in a rout. Thanks for being with us, Geaux Tigers, and have a Merry Christmas. Next week’s discussion, who would win against Da 1969 1-13 Bears or the 2011 LSU Tigers?

snl-super-fans.jpg

DAAAAAAAAA BEARS!

LSU vs OKSt was best for the sport.

If Bama wins, we won't have an undisputed Nat Champ, again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ThorUSMC3209</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU 17 Bama 7</div></div>
LSU couldn't score 17 points the first time around, and in fact didn't even score a touchdown. But you keep smoking your crack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kirk78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LSU vs OKSt was best for the sport.

If Bama wins, we won't have an undisputed Nat Champ, again.</div></div>

LSU vs. OSU was only good for LSU and OSU fans. LSU for the reason of not getting their ass kicked and OSU because they need the charity

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> LSU vs. OSU was only good for LSU and OSU fans. LSU for the reason of not getting their ass kicked and OSU because they need the charity
</div></div>
Well said!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: maroon">BAMA 27</span>
<span style="color: purple">LSU 12</span></span>

Tigers get 4 field goals. Bama gets another Nat'l Championship. It is so...

Geaux Tigers!

Just can't pull for the other team in the state.