• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who do you like for the National Championship game

Re: Who do you like for the National Championship game

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, time for a lighter moment...
Now, remember I went to LSU and am a fan, but this is too funny!
And if you've heard it before, it's still funny!

"Just heard the LSU team is stuck at the Superdome. Seems the Alabama fans painted a 50 yard line in front of the bus and the team can't get passed it." </div></div>

RStewart, I'll give you an even better one my lawyer sent me today and he is an LSU graduate and rabid fan:

Greatest Shortest Book Ever Written: Winning the Offensive Side of the Ball by Les Miles
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nobody can prove that those two teams are the best. The only way is to settle in on the field. As fans, we were robbed of that and were simply told to accept this because the experts say so....mind you, the same experts said LSU would beat Alabama in the game again. We know how that turned out.</div></div>

Do you know the difference between an "expert" who is in the decision making process for the BCS and a talking head that is nothing more than a TV personality? Because I don't recall any BCS officials predicting an LSU win.

So there are roughly 120 division 1 college football teams. Since we cannot rely on "experts", we should have each football team play each other roughly equating a national championship every decade or so.

After all, Columbia University has every right to the NC race as Alabama and LSU

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RStewart</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Okay, time for a lighter moment...
Now, remember I went to LSU and am a fan, but this is too funny!
And if you've heard it before, it's still funny!

"Just heard the LSU team is stuck at the Superdome. Seems the Alabama fans painted a 50 yard line in front of the bus and the team can't get passed it." </div></div>

RStewart, I'll give you an even better one my lawyer sent me today and he is an LSU graduate and rabid fan:

Greatest Shortest Book Ever Written: Winning the Offensive Side of the Ball by Les Miles
laugh.gif
</div></div>

Probably wrote it while waiting to get on the bus. Lol!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nobody can prove that those two teams are the best. The only way is to settle in on the field. As fans, we were robbed of that and were simply told to accept this because the experts say so....mind you, the same experts said LSU would beat Alabama in the game again. We know how that turned out.</div></div>

Do you know the difference between an "expert" who is in the decision making process for the BCS and a talking head that is nothing more than a TV personality? Because I don't recall any BCS officials predicting an LSU win.

So there are roughly 120 division 1 college football teams. Since we cannot rely on "experts", we should have each football team play each other roughly equating a national championship every decade or so.

After all, Columbia University has every right to the NC race as Alabama and LSU</div></div>

You're being ridiculous. Vegas had LSU. They make a living not being wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You're being ridiculous. Vegas had LSU. They make a living not being wrong.</div></div>

I'm being ridiculous? I truly LOL'd at that. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And BTW, Vegas makes a living taking YOUR money not losing theirs; that's why it's called "gambling" if they were never wrong it would be called an ATM.

So now Vegas should pick who plays in the championship?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So now Vegas should pick who plays in the championship?</div></div>

don't be stupid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KYS338, I'm not getting into it with you. You are a spoiled baby and your opinion is worthless to me. </div></div>

That's cute.

And you are the biggest sports cry baby I have ever had the displeasure of reading. Not to mention you TRY and argue the same lame point every time. OSU got what they deserved. Buy a t-shirt and be quiet.

Obviously you quoted my comments without reading them. Your opinion is more worthless than the toilet paper I wipe with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your opinion is more worthless than the toilet paper I wipe with.</div></div>

TP is worth its weight in gold...

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your opinion is more worthless than the toilet paper I wipe with.</div></div>

TP is worth its weight in gold...

Josh</div></div>

Not after it is used....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obviously you quoted my comments without reading them. Your opinion is more worthless than the toilet paper I wipe with. </div></div>

Almost as worthless as your "knowledge" of the BCS system and HOW the teams are picked. As most people have already pointed out, your logic is so jacked up that #23 and #16 teams should play each other because they are worthy, have played hard, and suffered some sort of tragedy the day of a game....

But I'm willing to bet they didn't lose to Iowa State on the road and barely scraped by Stanford.

I guess the next time OSU has a chance to play someone in the National Championship game we can just do what works in other parts on the country and bribe people so we get our way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the next time OSU has a chance to play someone in the National Championship game...</div></div>

You might be waiting quite awhile.

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the next time OSU has a chance to play someone in the National Championship game we can just do what works in other parts on the country and bribe people so we get our way. </div></div>

So who are you accusing of bribing the BCS to get into the championship game?

It's all one big conspiracy to keep OK St. out!

Nope, not saying that. Just saying that it seems the only way to get your way is to throw money at the issue nowadays. Call it what you want. Not talking football. Just talking in general.

Come on guys, be civil. Alabama played LSU because they were ranked 2nd and the stats put them back in the hunt, not peoples votes.(total yardage rushing, passing, not allowing but 9 td's in season, shutting down the opposing teams efforts to score resulting in very little yardage gained) This is what put Bama back in for the NC game. If I am correct OSU got beat by Iowa and that took them out of the possibility to play for a NC.

As for paying for players...... everyone does it, it's just "who get's caught".......Cam ......ugh huh??? anyway,
I think Les Miles will have a ton of explaining to do as to what he did or didn't do in the game. Like, not putting in Lee to see if they could change momentum with a QB change. What about those trick plays that LSU has in the goodie bag, where were they???
Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the win but I thought that LSU would,at least, scored a field goal or something. Well, I guess they have to cross mid-field to do that. Truely, LSU got lost in a dark alley and couldn't get out.

Now next year will be more exciting in my opinion. Bama,LSU, Auburn are just a few(from the SEC) that may be at the National Championship game. Ooooh I can't wait.

But if the E.O.T. happens then Alabama will be National Champs for eternity!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wondered why there was no QB change last night either. I'm sure in his mind, Miles had a good reason. From my couch it looked like he should have substituted, however.

Honestly, in one sense I'm glad he didn't substitute because they could have actually scored some points and might have surprised Bama.

Don't you worry....LSU will probably be playing for the NC next year. You have so many young players that are returning.</div></div>

I was wondering the same thing, Jefferson couldn't even run a convincing option. He'd roll out towards the sideline, stop and make a 10 yard pitch???? Wouldn't even try to throw a block.

LSU had some good success running the option in the first game. Did LSU really think Bama wouldn't be planning on that? Duh!
Also, if the running game isn't working put in the passing QB.
While JJ was getting out of the doghouse, all we heard was about the 2 QB system. We never saw it after the first Bama game. So what gives?
Yeah, Les got some questions to answer. But only an SEC team can go 13-0 in the regular season and still want to fire the coach! Lol!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

After all, Columbia University has every right to the NC race as Alabama and LSU</div></div>

You're being ridiculous. Vegas had LSU. They make a living not being wrong. </div></div>

Vegas had Bama by 2, http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/alabama

A few years ago the SEC commissioner and the ACC commissioner tried to get the seeded plus 1 going but the Big 12 and other conferences were against it. Bottom line BCS was made to get the 2 best teams in the country to play and they usually do and did this time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the next time OSU has a chance to play someone in the National Championship game we can just do what works in other parts on the country and bribe people so we get our way.</div></div>

Just like you do with players?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038...fits-violations

See, you can't even buy players and beat ISU, but keep arguing that OSU is the "better" team to play in the NC game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JCH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess the next time OSU has a chance to play someone in the National Championship game we can just do what works in other parts on the country and bribe people so we get our way.</div></div>

Just like you do with players?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/10038...fits-violations

See, you can't even buy players and beat ISU, but keep arguing that OSU is the "better" team to play in the NC game. </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold"> ^^ OH Slap!</span>