• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has a great washer/dryer combo?

Can't get a picture of the armature......feels smooth, not scored.

Looking at how long new brushes are and comparing to ones on my machine they are real short.

The diameter of the armature would seem to indicate barely contacting.

Man, I've fixed 'em before and then something else fails. I got tired of replacing 'em and going cheap. But didn't wanna spend a fortune either.

This is what I was talking about earlier and they have the price reduced it seems:

Actually cleans clothes vs. just putting 'em through the motions. Will even do a good job with the all natural detergents (the shit that usually doesn't clean as well but doesn't cause clothes to glow under night vision, pros and cons). Like a good rifle, you get what you pay for. You can spend more but IMO it's not necessary, this washer and the matching dryer just get it done. Not kidding, my buddy and I, we were actually excited about pulling shit out of the dryer! REAL clean clothes! Towels came out fluffy for fucks sake! So yeah, totally sold on these Samsung models.

And I don't know how big 5cuft. is compared to another washer but what I can say is it's got a LOT more room than the cheap fuckers and missing that spindle in the middle gives it more room. I can wash a load of clothes PLUS sheets and heavy blankets and not come close to overloading it. The dryer does an amazing job, it collects pretty much ALL the lint, hair, dog fur, whatever. They can be programmed to literally do whatever you want 'em to do or use preset functions. Awesome. If washing clothes ain't at least a little fun, you got the wrong shit dude.

But good luck repairing the ones you have, they look very nice and if it's the first time they've fucked up I'd go the repair route first for sure. If you like 'em and they work and the rest of it ain't about to go, then I guess fixing is a good option. But when you find yourself having to replace shit every other month or so or it just ain't working like it used to, it means it's about done.

Last edited:
I was between Bosch and Speed Queen offerings. I needed something to fit in a stackable configuration and be a front loader washer/dryer. Went with Bosch as the Speed Queen offerings were just a tad too big for the dimensions I needed.

Haven't had a single issue with the Bosch 500 series and have had it for 3 years (although that isn't long in home appliances), and they run on the quieter side. Typically gets used 2x a week. The Bosch dishwasher that I've had is dated from 2005, and has functioned really well.

The brushes look short from wear

This is a new brush I screen shotted from a Youtube video. Compared to mine lots bigger....story of my life.

This guy is showing how to change brushes. Unlikely the parts he is using are actually used as the housing is not covered in carbon like mine is from twenty years of use.

My used brushes look like the "old brushes" in his video.

Ill probably just buy the entire tacho housing with the brushes preinstalled and just attach it to my motor as an assembly.

Found some more info on line that the "Fault Code" I was getting indicates a contact problem in the tacho housing.

Ill order the part Monday.

Hoping to be doing laundry by Wednesday.

Might have to take the whitey tighties to the laundromat so I got skivvies for work Monday.

snapshot.jpg

Man, I've fixed 'em before and then something else fails. I got tired of replacing 'em and going cheap. But didn't wanna spend a fortune either.

This is what I was talking about earlier and they have the price reduced it seems:

Actually cleans clothes vs. just putting 'em through the motions. Will even do a good job with the all natural detergents (the shit that usually doesn't clean as well but doesn't cause clothes to glow under night vision, pros and cons). Like a good rifle, you get what you pay for. You can spend more but IMO it's not necessary, this washer and the matching dryer just get it done. Not kidding, my buddy and I, we were actually excited about pulling shit out of the dryer! REAL clean clothes! Towels came out fluffy for fucks sake! So yeah, totally sold on these Samsung models.

And I don't know how big 5cuft. is compared to another washer but what I can say is it's got a LOT more room than the cheap fuckers and missing that spindle in the middle gives it more room. I can wash a load of clothes PLUS sheets and heavy blankets and not come close to overloading it. The dryer does an amazing job, it collects pretty much ALL the lint, hair, dog fur, whatever. They can be programmed to literally do whatever you want 'em to do or use preset functions. Awesome. If washing clothes ain't at least a little fun, you got the wrong shit dude.

But good luck repairing the ones you have, they look very nice and if it's the first time they've fucked up I'd go the repair route first for sure. If you like 'em and they work and the rest of it ain't about to go, then I guess fixing is a good option. But when you find yourself having to replace shit every other month or so or it just ain't working like it used to, it means it's about done.

Cant argue with your advice.

Im getting good info here.

Once upon a time you could pretty much just order a machine and expect it to go twenty years.

Im convinced shit is designed with a fail/replacement date engineered in now.

The Miele really does clean shit very well.

Ours probably runs no kidding at least two loads a day, seven days a week.

My only complaint with it is the eleven pound capacity.

Rarely does it see less than eleven pounds.

That abuse is impressive over twenty years.

In my ownership of this thing I have replaced two hot water control valves, a $350 hit each time :(, a door gasket, and a drum fill tube.

Now shocks and springs and Monday the tacho module.

Yeah Ive pretty much rebuilt the whole machine.....AOC should blow me for not sending it to the landfill.

The fatal failure will be the main bearing on the drum.

If that goes Im not even going to try a repair. This will be trash.

The machine drum is supported by these heavy as fuck cast iron frames that I cant even think how to access or remove from the three sided one piece formed steel cabinet.

I thought the tacho module was going to be inaccessible for me but I noticed in the pictures I took last night that its right there in front of the machine so might as well try to put a new one in.

Last edited:
This is a new brush I screen shotted from a Youtube video. Compared to mine lots bigger....story of my life.

This guy is showing how to change brushes. Unlikely the parts he is using are actually used as the housing is not covered in carbon like mine is from twenty years of use.

My used brushes look like the "old brushes" in his video.

Ill probably just buy the entire tacho housing with the brushes preinstalled and just attach it to my motor as an assembly.

Found some more info on line that the "Fault Code" I was getting indicates a contact problem in the tacho housing.

Ill order the part Monday.

Hoping to be doing laundry by Wednesday.

Might have to take the whitey tighties to the laundromat so I got skivvies for work Monday.

View attachment 7272911

good on you for fixing the machine.
about 10 years ago we bought a new washer and dryer, and it seams like every year to 18 months im replacing one of them. this new shit sucks.
they are junk today, AND a fuckin million bucks. much of the new stuff isnt repairable or you need to be a computer expert to fix them.
after you get that thing fixed, i bet you get anouther 20 out of it.

those old brushes were about floating around in there

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Oh man they booby trapped the shit out of me but I think I won.

Installed part as it came.

No good didn't work.

Opened up machine made sure brushes were ejected, buttoned it back up no good.

About to throw a wrench than I looked at both parts.

My old "cover" on the tacho has a brass pin on the bottom left screw hole. I'm guessing the brass pin and screw create some sort of contact.

The new tacho has no pin nor even a bore to fit one in.

I said screw it I will put the old cover on the new body.

Buttoned it up for a third time.....

image.jpg

Laundry!

Miele is a bunch of cunts. You might think they would tell the end user either verbally or instructions to avoid this trap.......or.........sell me the correct new part so I don't have to utilize old parts and toss the new piece as useless.

Waiting for a spin cycle to ensure I'm good but I think I beat this bitch.

220v Miele set here too, about a decade old.

In another 10 years, I'll be PM'ing you for rebuild advice, perhaps.

Nice job btw.

When a bearing goes that will be the end of my ability to keep these things running.

Hopefully we will be making US stuff again.

Into it again.

image.jpg

This time....

image.jpg

Water leaking from the fill tube.

@deltawiskey .....how are the Speed Queens treating you?

FYI... the speed Queens have been good for us. no problems. You might look at the Maytag commercial units. I like ours. Not quiet, but so far so good. Both our washing machines are top load and have an agitator, the girls dont like that for delicates? So...there is that.

I have a LG washer and dryer with WiFi and all the bells and whistles. The washer would not drain completely because the drain pipe outlet was apparently too high. Despite it being within the parameters of the manual, the service tech said it was a known issue. Had to send them back. Major hassle. Replaced them with GEs from Lowe’s. No bells and whistles, but they work.

I bought a Samsung pair when I bought my current home 6 years ago and have no complaints.

The Maytag's my ex and I had for 20 years finally gave up, they don't make them like they used to, but to be fair I had to repair both a few times.

Changed the belt when I was in there.

Have to order the fill tube tomorrow.

Weird it is cracking there. They could use thicker rubber Im guessing.

Our soap is what is recommended for the machine.

Sucks working this shit.

Sucks working this shit.
props to you for fixing your stuff. I try to keep them going for as long as possible. The new stuff...its harder, more electronics. No getting away from it.

Sucks working this shit.
FWIW.....I replaced a main bearing and seal on a Maytag Neptune washer. It sucked. Never again. The only upside is that we bought them used and when we sold them, didn't lose a dime :)

It seems I'm always buying a damn appliance, just had to get a fridge for our store.
Nothing is made like they were.
A dishwasher ever couple years, washers dryers, got danded refrigerators.
I'm making a note on those speed queens

If you can’t get it to work. New Meiles seem well made. We really like ours.

We have a Speed Queen as well.
Wife swears it puts spots on her clothes, nothing on mine that I’ve seen.

I guess we have had it five years
No problems yet.

I'm sure they aren't as good as when we bought them, but we have a Maytag washer and dryer set that are at least 28 years old or older and still going strong...