• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who has some good WOD's? No begginer BS

Oath Keeper

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2014
Florida
For instance...

Warm up:
Stretch for 10 min

Then Pyramid:
1- pushup / 2- situps
2- pushups / 4- situps
3- pushups / 6- situps
4- pushups / 6- situps
ect....
all the way to 10 then back down. I use a 100lb resistance band to give me resistance while doing the pushups. This should be finished under 15min.

When finished take a 5 min break.

Workout:
10 pullups
1min situps with kettlebell (35lb or greater)
repeat 3x, 1 min break between each repetition
No more than 2 minute break

10 ManMakers (20lb dumbbells or greater)
1 minute plank

20 burpies
1minute over head press with 20lb dumbbells

Give all you got on a heavy bag for a minute straight
1 min pushups
5 min break

2min push ups
2min sit ups

Cool Down

Great idea for a thread, I've been looking all over for ideas and now I have this thread to use. Thanks

Interesting to see how long this thread lasts before the bashers arrive.

Who has some good WOD's? No begginer BS

Woddrive.com is a decent site you can pick from a lot of different types of wod like kb, body weight, strongman, etc. just give it a click and it spits them out.

Benchmark & Hero WoD?s | CrossFit CVI

A bunch of the benchmarks are humbling and all of the hero WODs are great. Murph is a great starter if you want to see where you stand.

The Murph wod is a great example of how someone can hurt themselves. There is no need on earth to do that many pushups and squats in one workout. In my personal workouts I have one day a week that 50-60 pullups are done. And that is more than enough.

Driving your body to the point beyond exhaustion does nothing more for your muscles. And furthermore promotes injury since your on the clock and past the point of exhaustion and likely to sacrifice form for speed.

There is a fine line between hard and stupid. If the numbers were a bit less in a couple categories the Murph would go from being retarded to
a great challenge.

Last edited:
We've been doing "Hatch Squat" and Invictus Crossfit competition program. Invictus has 3 levels of programs so you can see where you're at and go from there.

For instance...

Warm up:
Stretch for 10 min

Then Pyramid:
1- pushup / 2- situps
2- pushups / 4- situps
3- pushups / 6- situps
4- pushups / 6- situps
ect....
all the way to 10 then back down. I use a 100lb resistance band to give me resistance while doing the pushups. This should be finished under 15min.

When finished take a 5 min break.

Workout:
10 pullups
1min situps with kettlebell (35lb or greater)

10 ManMakers (20lb dumbbells or greater)
1 minute plank

20 burpies
1minute over head press with 20lb dumbbells

Give all you got on a heavy bag for a minute straight
1 min pushups
5 min break

2min push ups
2min sit ups

Cool Down

Whats your fitness level man? Can you do all the movements associated with Olympic lifting, power lifting, and gymnastics? Catalyst Athletics, Crossfit Mayhem, Crossfit Invictus, Crossfit Outlaw, Westside Barbell, all have great programming. I think the important thing is to be honest with yourself about where your conditioning and ability are then fallow a program that will help you reach your fitness goals. That is another very important part of the equation, define your fitness goal and pick something that best parallels your goals.

Whats your fitness level man? Can you do all the movements associated with Olympic lifting, power lifting, and gymnastics? Catalyst Athletics, Crossfit Mayhem, Crossfit Invictus, Crossfit Outlaw, Westside Barbell, all have great programming. I think the important thing is to be honest with yourself about where your conditioning and ability are then fallow a program that will help you reach your fitness goals. That is another very important part of the equation, define your fitness goal and pick something that best parallels your goals.

I don't do any lifting with weights. I've seen to many people get injured going stupid with how much they can lift. I stick to dumbells, kettle bells, and retention bands. As for my level of fitness, I try to stay in shape. A friend of mine and I started mixing and matching what we liked from crossfit, gymn jones, seal fit, SOF wods, and some of the Spartan wods. I like to push myself, and I've found out the human body can withstand a lot more than what we give it credit for. I don't recommend that people go crazy with these WOD's if they don't ever work out or are just begining. But, for the most part as long as your in farely good shape these workouts aren't going to kill or break you. Some just may take longer to finish than others. That's a lot of it, trying to better yourself and push yourself to beat your time next time. I prefer the endurance workouts versus lifting, I've worked out with people that benched 350 to 400 lbs and quit within 10 minutes of working out with me. I don't see the point in being strong if you can only be strong for a minute.

I don't do any lifting with weights. I've seen to many people get injured going stupid with how much they can lift. I stick to dumbells, kettle bells, and retention bands. As for my level of fitness, I try to stay in shape. A friend of mine and I started mixing and matching what we liked from crossfit, gymn jones, seal fit, SOF wods, and some of the Spartan wods. I like to push myself, and I've found out the human body can withstand a lot more than what we give it credit for. I don't recommend that people go crazy with these WOD's if they don't ever work out or are just begining. But, for the most part as long as your in farely good shape these workouts aren't going to kill or break you. Some just may take longer to finish than others. That's a lot of it, trying to better yourself and push yourself to beat your time next time. I prefer the endurance workouts versus lifting, I've worked out with people that benched 350 to 400 lbs and quit within 10 minutes of working out with me. I don't see the point in being strong if you can only be strong for a minute.

You might really enjoy some of the Gym Jones workouts. His gym is invite only, has some top level athletes etc. Very similar to some of the mixing of programming you mentioned above. He also incorporates a lot more long aerobic workouts like bike rides. I did a quick search and found this workout it appears he put together for the National Guard.

http://geauxguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Soldier_of_Steel_Training_Plan.pdf

Here is a good one
6 rounds for time
24 squats
24 push-ups
24 walking lunges
Run 400 meters

I have done it several times and I really like it. It kicks your ass but you can do it on your own.

You might really enjoy some of the Gym Jones workouts. His gym is invite only, has some top level athletes etc. Very similar to some of the mixing of programming you mentioned above. He also incorporates a lot more long aerobic workouts like bike rides. I did a quick search and found this workout it appears he put together for the National Guard.

http://geauxguard.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Soldier_of_Steel_Training_Plan.pdf

Yeah, my squad and I did some of the Gymn Jones workouts when I was Iraq. It can get pretty rediculous though, and a couple of us ended up getting hurt. Nothing serious, but enough to get us to leave that one alone. I still incorporate some of their stuff, but for the most part thats a pretty heavy load that they sling at you. Only 2 of us kept it going, I was not one of them. Gymn Jones is for someone who is very serious about working out, they even state that you should watch everything you eat and drink, there is no playing around with Gymn Jones. For those of you that do do this, my hats off to you, because even I say this stuff is insane.

Also to rgrmike, you can join online to get the WOD's from Gymn Jone's. That's what we did when we did it, one of us became a member and we did the WOD's that they had posted. But it's deffinetely not for the faint of heart and deffenetly not for beginners.