• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who has the best warranty?

MJ7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2012
Who has the best warranty out of the top optics?? Transferable?

Re: Who has the best warranty?

Not at the top tier? But Vortex is known to be second to none! The only thing the won't replace is lost or stolen. You buy from me your buddy picks it up and breaks it, they will replace or fix it no questions asked?
The top shelf for them is the Razor line. I hope to own one soon? I have the PST and Viper and love them!!

The <span style="font-weight: bold">BEST</span> Warranty is the one you never need.

From memory the only two that I can think of off the top of my head that have a "transferable warranty" (in north america) as stated in their literature is zeiss and meopta. Not saying that their are other manufacturers out their that will take care of their product if you are not the original owner.

There might be others out there that advertise a transferable warranty.

Leupold,and Burris for sure. I have had work done on a Sightron and never needed to show anything either.

Leupold is the fastest turn around. 2days-week

Premier also comes to mind too.

Well thank you all. I have been looking at used scopes mainly from Nightforce and Us Optics. I have owned numerous Swaros and Leupolds and have never had to use the warranty. I would like to buy one of the two I mentioned, and wondered if they and others offers warranty service to 2nd owners. Thanks for your help.

Premiers warranty is pretty damn good, and Paul here on the Hide will answer any questions you may have about anything Premeier. That being said, most all the other top optics companies are excellent in that dept.

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone raves about Vortex... </div></div>

That's where I will be spending my funds!!

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Everyone raves about Vortex... </div></div>

That's where I will be spending my funds!!

DK </div></div>

Me too! Now if only I could come up with 500 more bucks....

What about SS scopes from SWFA? Their warranty is equal to Vortex, isn't it????? or is it only to the original buyer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who has the best warranty out of the top optics?? Transferable?</div></div>

The vast majority of to tier optics offer transferable lifetime warranties. Those that don't often act as if they do as well. Some are better than others about covering shipping and what not but it is not something I would spend that much time worrying about.

I've had experiences with Leupold, Vortex, IOR, Nightforce, and SWFA. All took care of my problems. Vortex and SWFA, I felt completely comfortable that I would leave happy. IOR . . . if I hadn't gone through Scott at Liberty Optics, I'm not sure. They did replace my scope. It just wasn't a "no problem, what ever you need" kind of experience. Now Scott at Liberty had the "no problem, what ever you need" attitude and I'm sure he would make sure it was take care of.

Nightforce answered all of my questions about a used scope, even verified it was authentic by SN, spend time on the phone answering questions and trouble shooting a parallax problem. Never gave the impression that I was a 2nd hand customer.

Leupold took care of an old scope and was professional but took a couple emails to find the status of it and took longer than expected. In their defense the wound up working on more than I had planned.

I think if you stick with a recognized name brand, you'll be set.

Mike

Last I checked when I was scope shopping, the following had lifetime transferable warranties:
SWFA Super Sniper
Vortex
US Optics
Nightforce

Falcon has recently switched to a lifetime warranty, but is not transferable.

Leopold may or may not have a lifetime warranty depending on the product. Looking at their webpage, they have four different warranties listed:
http://www.leupold.com/corporate/resources/product-service/

I don't pretend that this is a comprehensive list. I did not bother to check brands I could not afford or was not interested in.

There's a difference between how a company lists their warranty, and how they actually carry it out.

Add Bushnell Elite Tactical to that list. The scopes are warranted for life, regardless of owner and have a one year money back guarantee. I don't know any other manufacturer willing to return your money.

This is simply just an FYI post. I am not trying to get into a who is better than who discussion, but rather want to inform everyone as much as I possibly can about our company.

This quote is directly off of our website-

Our warranty is about you, not us. It's about taking care of you after the sale.

"The VIP stands for a Very Important Promise to you, our customers. We will repair or replace your Vortex product in the event it becomes damaged or defective—at no charge to you. It doesn't matter how it happened, whose fault it was, or where you purchased it. You can count on the VIP Warranty for <span style="font-weight: bold">all</span> riflescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and monoculars.
<span style="font-weight: bold">
Unlimited Lifetime Warranty
Fully transferable
No warranty card to fill out
No receipt needed to hang on to

If you ever have a problem, no matter the cause, we promise to take care of you. </span>"

Just to put this in a more simple format-Our warranty is a lifetime,fully transferable, NO fault warranty. What that means is no matter what happens to the product we cover it for the life of the product,doesnt matter who owns it, whether they have a receipt or not, and whether it was their fault or ours.

For example: If your dog decides that your binocular's are now his chew toy we will fix or replace for the life of the product at NO charge. BTW,we usually get one or two of these a year and it usually requires just replacing them
smile.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Now here is our fine print-
There are only two things that we will not cover- loss or theft.</span>

If you do require service whether it be having custom work done(ie: reticle swap,turrets,etc), repair work, analysis,etc.. we will have your property back to you with in 7-10 days(usually quicker) with very,very few exceptions.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact us anytime.

Best Regards
Scott

for whatever my .02 cents is worth i own a NF NXS and a vortex scope - if a warranty is a big concern of yours then vortex is probably the way to go - but i do have to say i felt as though their reticals are lacking....at least compared to my NF MLR retical

still a very good scope though

i would not be afraid to purchase one of their products....especially if they had a nice MLR type retical available.....hint hint ...nudge nudge :p