• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who hates/loves their customers the most?

Altus shooting solutions

They kick ass. Don’t remember the names of of the people I’ve dealt with but they have done 2 rifles for me and have been a pleasure to deal with. Both rifles were completed right on the quoted time and are lazers.

evolved ballistics

Awesome. Answered a phone call on a Sunday and helped answer questions on twist rate and length for a barrel. Super helpful and I could tell they went out of there way on a family day to make sure I was taken care of

Trigger tech

Had a problem with the 2 stage diamond, 2 emails over the course of about a day and it was replaced with a new one and some swag on the way. Couldn’t ask for more.

Haven’t had any bad experiences so far
X2 on Altus. They're one of us.

Who hates their customers the most? Heckler and Koch.

Who loves their customers the most? Hi-Point.

Sorry but that's the cold hard troof fellas!

anim_lol.gif
anim_lol.gif
anim_lol.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Threadcutter308
Personal Experiences for me are:
-Best:
Vortex, SWFA, Kriss USA, SilencerCo, Griffin Armament

-Worst:
Zeiss, CZ USA, the older Remington and AAC companies.

Reactions: alamo5000
Beretta doesn't even have customer service. Feel free to call or email all you want. Oh, your sweet-ass pistol broke a slide? LOL.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Its not even open for debate IMHO, the correct response is the U.S. Government hates its legal citizenry. Especially the non-Marxists.

Reactions: FredIII
American based companies generally seem to have great CS.

European based companies generally not so much...

(Of course it depends on the individual company, I'm painting with large brush strokes here)
But they must have importer in US who handle the cases there.
If i buy gun, scope etc and it has a issue, i dont ring the manufaturer, i ring the shop that i bought it, they send it to importer and they deliver it to the factory or legit repair shop, gunsmith etc, depend on the item.
Have you been connected to Europian companies straight, and can you say they have bad CS?

Best:

Vortex (replaced some accessories I broke on my own, at no cost, replaced a whole scope when I wasnt happy with it and had doubts about it working correctly). CS has photographed their own gear before to help answer questions about mounts, cantilevers, etc.

@MDT_OFFICIAL : sent me updated parts for free for a chassis because I got older stock from a distributor that did not include the newer design.

SOLGW: replaced a BCG no questions asked because it didnt gauge right on multiple rifles.

@Precision Underground : Answered a ton of questions I had about shooting bags to help me choose one, and offered to exchange it if I didnt like it after.

Mark 7 reloading: they upgraded a model in house for me that I wanted, that was a combination of their original design, and the upgrades on their new design, before shipping to me, and continue to provide free on demand support by phone whenever necessary.

Worst:
Beretta customer support, kept a rifle for something like 9 months then never even as much as emailed me when they destroyed it.

AMG Labs (the shot timer guy)...sent an email about not answering emails and back-ordered items...in the email asked customers to reach out about upgrading to a more expensive model that was in stock...never responded to that email either..

Midway USA: changed descriptions on a firearm because the model # was incorrect, after ordering, tried to force me to keep the wrong model product (not what I ordered in the first place) because they 'already shipped it'.

Post office: I believe that USPS hates gun owners. If I could consistently find one company that is responsible for so much missing shit..and time lost, it would be them above all others.
Was it the BRX-1:rolleyes:

These are ones I've dealt with thus far.

Good: Foundation: John Kyle responds to emails as fast as he can and phone calls are equally as fast. Very patient and thorough.

Stuteville precision barrels: Same as Foundation. Excellent communication and help.

Krg both through the hide ad website: Whether I had questions or needed screws, they were on the money with every aspect of cs

Aimpoint and holosun: I misplaced cap screws to both optics at different times, both had no hesitancy to sending replacements out.

Honestly I can't say I've had terrible experiences. Either by luck or I just don't have any items bought from companies that do have cs issues. Only one that comes to mind is OpticsPlanet but only to cancel an order which took a couple weeks to get ironed out. Comms was through email so that may have been on me. All transactions prior to that with them were on the money, but that was when they first came onto the scene.

I had totally forgotten about Zermatt,; Ray and crew do an awesome job.

As for PVA, I think Josh went through some growing pains when he first started up his shop. He's always produced quality barrels but running a business is a lot different than running a shop and he suffered through communications issues and missed lead times. Since then, he's expanded his staff and started covering the different aspects of the business better and his service has improved tremendously.

As for bad CS, the worst I've encountered was Cobra Foam. I ordered 3 foam sets for my Pelican cases and all of the foam that arrived was 1/2" short in both width and length. My attempts to contact them through email and phone messages went unanswered. Never again will I deal with them.
Nailed it. I was one of the ones that caught up in that, so remember it well. It happens. Not pleasant for a customer, but it does happen. Same thing happened to Fred at Sharp Shooter's Supply back in the late 90's when folks began to understand that a Savage could be rebarreled at home...

Reactions: din
Rich @CSTactical is a great dude! Precision Underground as mentioned. Jeff and crew as ZCO are great to deal with and took great care of me as well!

• Love
Reactions: CSTactical
PT&G was the worst for me. Even had emails where they were caught lying, about the savage "drop in fit" bottom metal 10 years ago. Never did business with them again.

Most others have been good, up to stellar, even if the outcome wasn't what I thought was fair. Good CS doesn't necessarily mean because you got what you thought you deserved. Good CS is/was prompt, clear communications, with an attempt resolve the issue or come to a course of action. JMTCW...

AI, MDT, KRG, XLR, Eurooptics, MHS, to name just a few, have all been very good.

Griffin owner is a first class POS. He got caught sexually harassing gun bunnies in DM's on social media, and years before that he was trying to get me to send him a bunch of NV clip on units without paying for them and flexing his "reputation" for payment credibility. He even went as far to purchase several listings of mine on GB trying to get me to do so. He would not pay therefor no merchandise or payment was ever exchanged.
The Sandy vagina award goes to?

You apparently.
Do you have a griffin product or ever dealt with their customer service?
I could give a single Fûck if the guy tried to get a piece of ass from a girl that dresses up like a slut at trade shows to turn guys on and sell stuff. LOL.
Your list of bad CS is more like a teen girls who hurt your feelings. “ The guy yelled to someone as he answered the phone”!!!
Camera land is nails they go the distance for their customers. It’s comical how tinder your feelings are.
On top of that how did you bust an atacr? And why would NF not honor their warranty? Seems maybe you bust a lot of good gear!

Reactions: alamo5000
Do you have a griffin product or ever dealt with their customer service?
I could give a single Fûck if the guy tried to get a piece of ass from a girl that dresses up like a slut at trade shows to turn guys on and sell stuff. LOL.
Your list of bad CS is more like a teen girls who hurt your feelings. “ The guy yelled to someone as he answered the phone”!!!
Camera land is nails they go the distance for their customers. It’s comical how tinder your feelings are.
On top of that how did you bust an atacr? And why would NF not honor their warranty? Seems maybe you bust a lot of good gear!
No answer to what NF wouldn’t fix on an ATACR ????

Last edited:
But they must have importer in US who handle the cases there.
If i buy gun, scope etc and it has a issue, i dont ring the manufaturer, i ring the shop that i bought it, they send it to importer and they deliver it to the factory or legit repair shop, gunsmith etc, depend on the item.
Have you been connected to Europian companies straight, and can you say they have bad CS?
US companies do have amazing CS.

A million times better than companies in NZ atleast, half the companies I deal with are so hopeless I almost have to beg them for their product/service.
If something goes wrong they don't want to know.

If I buy an American made product l'll contact the manufacturer directly, that way I know I'll be looked after.

Reactions: viking78
I just thought to mention them too. No matter how you look at it, I've always gotten great service for the very few times that I've needed it.

Above and beyond that---I think they are the only suppressor company that I know of that will allow you to upgrade older products to current versions. I sent in a pistol can that I bought a long time ago and upgraded the baffles to the latest thing. It was definitely an improvement over the older tech, but the fact that they were upgrading and not requiring a whole new purchase is definitely a 'thing' to consider.

I also sent in an older 5.56 can and had that one upgraded as well. Again, very impressive improvements.

I think they have that upgrade path available on most of their cans, sealed and welded or not.

Most companies would just have you purchase a new can all together...whereas with Griffin you don't have a 12 month wait and a new stamp. I think the longest it took was maybe 2-3 weeks tops including shipping both ways to upgrade a couple of my suppressors.

Good: Impact, Foundation, Bartlein, Tangent Theta and Swarovski.

All of them are super responsive to questions and helpful in the off chance I've needed service.

I guess I'm the only one that had great CS from HK. I sent my USP 45 to them years ago to have them replace a dimming tritium sight. I received a phone call from the tech, he said he would replace the sights at no charge with a fresh set. He asked what color I wanted, what zero distance I preferred and said he would send back the zero targets to show it was zeroed. A day later he called and said he disassembled the entire pistol to inspect and service the pistol, found a weak magazine spring that was replaced at no charge. I did not ask for that but it was provided for free. It shipped back to me with the test targets with a rest target and standing supported. The whole thing took 4 days from it leaving here to coming back to me. I only paid for the shipping there.

Southern Precision/Bugholes was awesome. I had him do a prefit Bartlein. He called me, discussed what I wanted, quoted me a time and actually hit the time to the day. Great shooting barrel.

McMillan gave me great service, but they did fuck up my A5 stock when I sent it back to them to open the barrel channel. They were good about taking care of it, but the fix was really shitty. They literally applied filler to the area that chunked at the front. At least they took care of it in a timely manner.

Leupold service...I didn't even send my scope to them. I was working at an outdoor show in Portland, OR a while back and Leupold had a booth there. It was staffed with people from their office, not outside reps or pro staff types. I asked about sending my scope back because the elevation turret was feeling mushy and the illumination dial had zero tension. If you looked at it hard it would turn on or off. The CS guy basically told me to fuck off and nothing was wrong with the scope. It was "normal" and they made a new style illumination dial and it would be $180 for the switch and more for the labor to replace it. I never bought another Leupold.

What kind of problems it got?
The chamber cracked after about 700 rounds of factory ammo. Or likely the cracks were there from day one and got worse from shooting it regularly. I have a post in my history here showing the photos, where everyone told me to put the bore scope down and leave it alone..lol

Reactions: viking78
PT&G was the worst for me. Even had emails where they were caught lying, about the savage "drop in fit" bottom metal 10 years ago. Never did business with them again.

Most others have been good, up to stellar, even if the outcome wasn't what I thought was fair. Good CS doesn't necessarily mean because you got what you thought you deserved. Good CS is/was prompt, clear communications, with an attempt resolve the issue or come to a course of action. JMTCW...

AI, MDT, KRG, XLR, Eurooptics, MHS, to name just a few, have all been very good.
I had had enough of PT&G and their bullshit and haven't given them a dime since 2015 or so.

As far as good/great CS, all I can think of right now is Dillon. Sent a 650 back for overhaul, came back quickly and vastly exceeded my expectations. Should probably throw Mile High in there too. I haven't bought much from them, but they were pretty good. I'm sure there are others, I just don't recall right now.

US companies do have amazing CS.

A million times better than companies in NZ atleast, half the companies I deal with are so hopeless I almost have to beg them for their product/service.
If something goes wrong they don't want to know.

If I buy an American made product l'll contact the manufacturer directly, that way I know I'll be looked after.
EU is a fucker.
Lifetime warranty does not mean lifetime in Europe.
Like some optics, EU does not allowed more than 10-years long warranty, like wtf.
IF manufacturer wants to give a lifetime warranty, then that is a lifetime, but EU gives importers to desice, do they go with EU regualtions or do they do as the manufacturer says.

Optics Planet is probably the only shitty experience I’ve had. They did a pre order for some ammo back in the early panic buying during rona. Price was damn good compared to most at the time so I figured I’d grab some. Got updated eta’s for a bit, recieved one small order from it (ordered 2 different brands/calibers) but nothing on the other order for several months. Finally get an email, the product you have been watching is back in stock? Didn’t ask for in stock notification, I actually pre ordered, wtf. So I click the link, sure enough it’s in stock ready to ship… at $5ish more per 50 than it was at pre order. That was the last time I ever visited their site. Luckily they only charged my card for the first part when it shipped but not the other order, so at least I didn’t have to fight over the refund.

I've had a lot of good experiences over the years, but in the past few months… my interactions with Altus, Bartlein, Burris, Lyman, MagnetoSpeed, Seekins, Vortex have been great. I should mention only Burris & Lyman had a product issue to resolve and both did immediately and without question.

I can only remember one truly bad experience. I needed a buffer tube in ~2009, I think during the first but lesser Barry O scare. After searching for a few months I gave up & just ordered one from Spikes Tactical. They delivered a buffer tube that had 1) visible run out 2) incomplete receiver threads, and 3) deep tool chatter all over, like someone had gone to town on it with a chainsaw prior to annodization. It clearly skipped their QC inspections, so I emailed Spike's & explained. Some lady emailed me back basically calling me an idiot & saying that wasn't possible, so I posted pics on ARFCOM and sent her the link. There were a few more emails in there before the same lady finally had me call her. She ultimately agreed to replace the buffer tube, but remained indignant and very curt throughout our brief conversation.

The world later learned that the owner and/or CEO of Spikes is a moron when he shit the bed publicly on ARFCOM sometime around 2011 (IIRC around proof rounds or something like that). The debacle remains one of the more infamous threads over there. I view it as a heartwarming and encouraging lesson that dipshits with 4 brain cells can overcome all odds and build a very successful company.

Surprised to not see Hornady mentioned in here. I'll mention that I like to email Sierra a couple times a year with technical questions, because I know I won't get a response. I have never received a single response from Sierra haha.

Elite Iron are good people. I ordered their spigot for my AI and they had problems with their anodizer and kept me informed the whole time.

When I finally got the spigot, they sent me a bunch of free swag to make up for the lag in getting my product.

Also, Ray and the guys at Zermatt/Bighorn. I had an issue with my old Origin, so they had me ship it to them. They had it fixed and turned around in one day. I’m getting another Origin or TL3 as soon as I can from them.

Best for me, Foundation stocks, Impact action, vortex, Mile High, Eurooptic and Gray Ops

Worst has been dealing with Tangent Theta

Foundation stocks: John Kyle is an amazing person that goes out of his way to fix any sort of problem or issue you may have.

Mile High: Easy to work with getting spuhr replacement screws and parts.

Weatherby: Some of the worst CS I’ve experienced in awhile. Bought my nephew a 7mm-08 vanguard and it shot horribly. Tried every kind of ammo I could and even loaded for it and could not get it to shoot well. Sent it in to Weatherby and they said it would be repaired or replaced within a month since it was a new rifle. That would be perfect because it would get back before deer season for him. Anyway, about 4-5 months pass with me calling every 2 weeks after the initial month asking when it would be tested or fixed. They then shot it and found it to be out of spec and would not shoot under 3 inches. They said they had to get a new gun and that took several more months. It ended up taking over 7 months for the whole process when I was promised that it would take around 1.