• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is in Washington DC or New York City?

Bender

Known Troll
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2014
    Cheyenne WY.
    I’ll be in both places this next week. I’ve done DC mall and museums before, but NYC/Times square is new to me. Zabars close to Times Square? Seeing ground zero too.

Reactions: 1J04 and RNWRKNP
    I swore 30 years ago Id never ross the Hudson River south of Tarreytown and have stuck to that. Fuck NYC. If they still played in the old Yankee Stadium Id say go see a game in the House Thant (Babe( Ruth built.

DC I like better but is still a city and sucks.

-The National Cathedral---The last Gothic Cathedral that will ever be built you can see all of DC from the towers.

-The National Arboretum--in the not so great SE. side of town but if youre into sit it has some far out trees and plants.

-The Iwo Jima monument is just across the Potomac

-A few miles south on I 95 the Marine Corps museum in Quantico.

Thats off the top of wwhat left of my head. Let me think a bit. Probably a bunch of good music around.

Reactions: RNWRKNP
    I’ll be in both places this next week. I’ve done DC mall and museums before, but NYC/Times square is new to me. Zabars close to Times Square? Seeing ground zero too.

You must go to the 9/11 museum, but buy your tickets before you go.

Reactions: Bender
    Last edited:
    Western DC, in the NoVA. Free actions: Iwo Jima / Marine monument, adjacent Arlington National, good views of Abe across the Potomac if you can get between trees; Marine Museum in Quantico; Udvar-Hazy annez of Air & Space at Dulles (parking is $15 tho).

Sorry gents, that city should not be honored with a monument to any sacrifice by America loving Americans. Evil is sheilded by thos monuments, pure evil.

Western DC, in the NoVA. Free actions: Iwo Jima / Marine monument, adjacent Arlington National, good views of Abe across the Potomac if you can get between trees; Marine Museum in Quantico; Udvar-Hazy annez of Air & Space at Dulles (parking is $15 tho).

Bender, I lived and worked there for several years. It was different back then, when things were much more affordable. It all seems like the inflection point in time was the death of the trade center. Today, rent and real estate in general is likely twice or more than what it was when I was there. A bunch of the buildings are owned by foreign investment; basically things for people who have too much money to put in the bank. The place is an absolute free for all, rape and pillage sodom and gomorrah like desecration with exorbitant price gouging and shitty ethics. Last time I was there was around xmas with my gf, who had never seen it before and broke my balls until I took her there. Even the LIRR costs double what it did when I commuted from LI back in the 90s. I fucking hate the place now, and want to have nothing to do with it.

If you must be there, one of the only good things left is the food. NYC has some of the best restaurants in the world. Get a slice of pizza while you are there too. It would also make it worth your while to see a show too. Broadway can be crazy expensive for some shows so check off broadway shows too. I heard Book of Mormon is really good if you can get tickets. There are a few places like zabars such as katz's. I wouldn't bother going up the empire state building or anything like that because it is just not worth it. These fucking scumbags cater to guys having to entertain a family or nagging significant other, and will take every dollar you have. If you are gonna be there for a day only, I will be impressed if you can escape out of there having spent less than $500 between the 2 of you.

Statue of liberty ferry is not bad at all surprisingly as long as it isn't jammed. Tickets online are like $20

Bender, I lived and worked there for several years. It was different back then, when things were much more affordable. It all seems like the inflection point in time was the death of the trade center. Today, rent and real estate in general is likely twice or more than what it was when I was there. A bunch of the buildings are owned by foreign investment; basically things for people who have too much money to put in the bank. The place is an absolute free for all, rape and pillage sodom and gomorrah like desecration with exorbitant price gouging and shitty ethics. Last time I was there was around xmas with my gf, who had never seen it before and broke my balls until I took her there. Even the LIRR costs double what it did when I commuted from LI back in the 90s. I fucking hate the place now, and want to have nothing to do with it.

If you must be there, one of the only good things left is the food. NYC has some of the best restaurants in the world. Get a slice of pizza while you are there too. It would also make it worth your while to see a show too. Broadway can be crazy expensive for some shows so check off broadway shows too. I heard Book of Mormon is really good if you can get tickets. There are a few places like zabars such as katz's. I wouldn't bother going up the empire state building or anything like that because it is just not worth it. These fucking scumbags cater to guys having to entertain a family or nagging significant other, and will take every dollar you have. If you are gonna be there for a day only, I will be impressed if you can escape out of there having spent less than $500 between the 2 of you.

Statue of liberty ferry is not bad at all surprisingly as long as it isn't jammed. Tickets online are like $20
    I have tickets to Blue Man Group. Trip is comped. My wife’s work. I won’t go into detail... but I want to see. But I could never ever live there. I’ll post pics of my escapades... headed to the airport tomorrow at 2:00 am.

I have tickets to Blue Man Group. Trip is comped. My wife’s work. I won’t go into detail... but I want to see. But I could never ever live there. I’ll post pics of my escapades... headed to the airport tomorrow at 2:00 am.
    Dude, you read my mind about blue man; I saw it in december with daniella. I think that was the 3rd time I have seen it. It's a good, weird ass show, but pretty entertaining and funny. Small theatre on astor place, which is a, I hate to say it but cozy neighborhood.

That's sick the trip is comped. Be sure to hit up either a good seafood, italian or french restaurant. Nose thru a zagats and pick something. The ratings in there usually don't lie

Yeah... comped my family of five. Plus airlines and hotels... tips are on our own... I think I’ll manage....

two big tittie theme park in Tennessee Mountains

Dollys titties loves you and loves America, DC hates you and wants your kids for breakfast, they eat children of serfs. Stay away.

two big tittie theme park in Tennessee Mountains

Dollys titties loves you and loves America, DC hates you and wants your kids for breakfast, they eat children of serfs. Stay away.

NYC wants you, your kids, their kids, and your fucking soul. I'd like to see a big fire breathing dragon fly through the streets and just burn it down like smaug from the lord of the rings

Watch crocodile Dundee before you visit New York! He will show you how to walk there!

IT WAS COMPED JERRY! Lol... you give me $5k to go to dollywood? Lmao..... you and I need to go ride motorcycles up Colorado canyons and bash the government over some ribeyes.....
    Lol! I'd love to have a few brewskis with army Jerry and let him tell me how he really feels about our government!

If you don't go to Bensonhurst and have some pizza you are a straight up pussy. Be seeing you...j/k

If you don't go to Bensonhurst and have some pizza you are a straight up pussy. Be seeing you...j/k
    Yeah if you leave NY without pizza, that's fucking weak. I ain't been to wyoming, but I would bet my ass you don't got good pizza there

Lmao! We have pizza... not to bad either... not a chain joint... wood fired stuff even...

Ray's Pizza 204 9th Ave, New York, NY 10011
    John's Brick Oven Pizza 278 Bleecker St, New York, NY 10014
    Gray's Papaya Hot Dogs 2090 Broadway http://grayspapaya.nyc/uptown-menu/
    Sabrett Hot Dogs (get mustard and red onions!) wherever you see a stand
    Ess-a-Bagel 831 3rd Ave. New York, NY 10022
    Han Dynasty Sichuan Chinese 90 3rd Ave, 215 W. 85th St.

1300 block of Stevens Rd., SE, in Wash., D.C. - latest homicide scene - come for the monuments, stay 'cause you got shot!

I needed a good laugh this am.

In Manhattan, if its still there, down on 2nd street hit Ratner's Deli for their world famous cheesecake. Any street corner pizza shop...NY Pizza rules, Chicago dont know shit about pizza.

Reactions: mdmp5 and Bender
    DC is pretty much a no-brainer on what there is to visit, take your pick, lots of good recommendations above, particularly Udvar-Hazy if you're flying in/out of IAD and have a few hours to burn. Natl. Archives and Arlington Cemetery are my two picks if you've done the rest of the usual suspects there, keep in mind the Archives will have a couple hour long line this time of year though. Arlington will put you in a different world.

NYC, never been there, don't ever intend on visiting either. If I were to go, I would be after the colonial history of the city. https://www.tripsavvy.com/colonial-landmarks-in-lower-manhattan-1612792

American pizza sucks ass, whether NY or Chicago, or gay ass Pizza Hut, it's nothing but filler to make you fat. True Neapolitan style is the only way to go, hard to find a good place though.

Best I ever had was at a hole in the wall place in Lugo, a little town between Bologna and Ravenna. Ruined me for life. I learned you don't ask for pepperoni unless you want bell pepper on your pizza, that shit will be lost in translation.

As someone who lived in Northern Virginia/DC Metro area for almost 25 years and escaped, you could not pay me to go back for any reason. But as your trip is comped, it should be easier to overlook the incompetent and rude drivers, insane traffic, ridiculous prices on everything, etc. As you're from WY (MT resident here), get ready for some serious culture shock. They can keep it, ALL of it.

As someone who lived in Northern Virginia/DC Metro area for almost 25 years and escaped, you could not pay me to go back for any reason. But as your trip is comped, it should be easier to overlook the incompetent and rude drivers, insane traffic, ridiculous prices on everything, etc. As you're from WY (MT resident here), get ready for some serious culture shock. They can keep it, ALL of it.
    Guys, this will be my fourth time to Washington DC. But my first time to New York City. As a born and raised guy from Wyoming I actually love the culture shock. It’s like going to a human zoo. It reminds me every time how amazing Wyoming is LOL. Call it affirmation of being able to put up with Wyoming winters and wind.

As far as Washington DC I have been to Arlington national cemetery and it gives me goosebumps every time. I’ve been all over the mall, and Jefferson Monument is still my favorite. Right next to Lincoln. I know the city is overrun with progressive elites, but I still love the history and what the original intent of this country was supposed to be. But then yes I am reminded to the quagmire of political bullshit it has become. But I still think it’s the greatest country on this planet.

In that case, go hit up Mount Vernon. https://www.mountvernon.org/

Gets you out of the city a bit, should be beautiful this time of year and since it's a bit off the beaten path and not during school field trip time, you might avoid the major crowds somewhat. Ask George "What the fuck happened..." for me.

In that case, go hit up Mount Vernon. https://www.mountvernon.org/

Gets you out of the city a bit, should be beautiful this time of year and since it's a bit off the beaten path and not during school field trip time, you might avoid the major crowds somewhat. Ask George "What the fuck happened..." for me.

I have been there as well, it’s amazingly beautiful. I have pictures sitting on the back porch with all those rocking chairs. I love it.

Reactions: Redmanss
    Born and raised in Northern VA for almost 60 years, yes, good and bad this close to the DCesspool. Places to see, the Museums on the Mall, NASM being my favorite. Food wise in DC, the Steak houses and Chinatown. In VA, the USMC and USAF Memorials and the Italian Store in Arlington, killer Italian subs etc. Peking Gourmet Chinese, many Presidents have eaten here. Very surprised that NO ONE has mentioned the NRA HQ and their great Museum as well? Also on the same street, Rt 50, you have Mamma Lucia's Italian store, pizza and spaghetti to die for at Fair City Mall and down the road, Blue Ridge Arsenal gun store and range. Anywhere, 5 Guys Burgers and fries, started here in VA. More time, NASM Udvar Hazy Museum south of Dulles Airport and David Condon collectible firearms in Middleburg. Also, if you go to Mt Vernon off the GW Parkway, stop in at Ft Hunt park, where WW2 German POW's were kept amid Camp X, which supplied escape/evasion kits into Red Cross packages. Give me a shout if I can help.

Last edited:
    NRA museum is 30 minutes outside of DC. Regardless of your opinion on the organization, they have one of the most incredible publicly accessible firearm collections in the country and a very nice range right on the premises. But you're probably not bringing a gun, right?

Right?

Just in case you were considering it.... DON'T BRING A GUN TO NYC OR DC. Go through your bags and ensure you don't even have any spent brass. An empty brass casing is no different than having a firearm within Washington DC. You will be arrested if caught with empty brass.