• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is thinking about the new Bronco?

atomic41

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Apr 4, 2013
    So the wife saw it, got all excited, and jumped on the list to reserve one. She's getting the 2-door. I dig it...can't wait to cruise it with the top off.

960x0.jpg

I have been looking at the 2-door Badlands edition. A bit disappointed it only comes with the 2.7L Ecoboost.

The First Edition was limited to 3500 units and is already sold out by 8am this morning. Less than 12hrs since it opened .

Looks like +80HP on a tune only and a bigger turbo / tune gets you to 540RWHP.

I agree, would love to see a big 8 cylinder or the 3.5 EcoBoost

I think that engine is fucking retarded. It can be made less stupid with the tune and increased airflow, but adding more boost than it's built to take is not the answer. It'll run great for 12 months, and then the whole engine will be fucked.
    There is no replacement for displacement, and Ford is just dumb to not know who their market it and to underpower the long awaited return of the Bronco. Total fail IMO.

Why in God's good name did they not put their Coyote in it!?!?!?!? That is one of the best engines ever to come out of Detroit, and their Eco Boost is bullshit grocery getter crap!

We should be sitting here discussing how crazily overpowered the GT version is with the Coyote, not how to wring out 80 more horses at the crank so it doesn't completely suck.

Really? When I think Bronco I think rich dude, resto, Bro-Dozer. I think super jeep for those with the means, not soccer mom. But, yea. That would make sense.

You really think that it's soccer moms and not Bronco fanatics who bought them out in hours? I will bet you that there's going to be a rash of LNIB Eco Boosts available when these start delivering, because my first move would be to yank the engine for a Coyote.

What do I know. My whip is under a ton and delivers almost 600Hp at the rear wheels. I don't have any perspective...

• Haha
    Reactions: Bender
    IMG_0633.JPG

Homemade Vehicle Titled as a "65 Ford" with historic plates. I will never again need inspections or renewals...sooo, yes, it is technically "street legal", in as much as I have valid, motor vehicle plates that are registered to me, but it's probably not in the conventional sense. I have to keep a log book for how many miles I put on it, and I'm only allowed something like 200miles/year if it's not to a shop, a tour, or an educational endevour, but I've never heard of anyone getting popped for it.

Definitely looking at one of these, just not in the cards right now. Hopefully, we'll be able to upgrade from our 4Runner to one of these.
    I think it looks great

If you want something really tough get an Intenational Scout. Just be sure your kidneys and hemorrhoids are in good shape because it will shake yout teeth out.

Search Results
    Web results

International Harvester Scout - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › International_Harvester_Scout

The International Harvester Scout is an off-road vehicle produced by InternationalHarvester from 1961 to 1980. A precursor of more sophisticated SUVs to come ...
    Scout 80 · ‎Scout 800 · ‎Scout II · ‎Special packages offered ...

1594753726591.png

things i think of while thinking about the new ford Branco
    plastic ,acid , indigestion , upset stomach , nausea and diarrhea and where is my

1594753962918.png

relief from when ford was still an American car company .

Scouts come with a can of primer and a wire brush to keep the rust at bay. o_O

They are good looking new trucks/SUV/whatever, but truthfully, it's nothing but a toy. Can't see going camping with it. Won't handle real trails without a mods. so, it's going to be like the 4Runner turned out to be. A soccer mom/dad's toy.

If I had $50k and I needed to spend it quickly, I'd buy one and mod it. But just for fun.

Maybe worth a look in a couple of years after the new wears off. Certainly not as disappointing as the FJ Cruiser when it first came out.

Yeah it was a disappointment in terms of reflecting the old FJ's and I'll take my FJ60 for coolness over it any day. But, they are very capable with locking front and rear axles as well as run forever. My daughter has one with 264,000 on it and I have never put a part on it except an alternator. I'd be suprised if any of the bronco models come with locking diffs for real offroad use.

I can't wait for people to fire sale their Toyota FJ Cruisers because THAT is a reliable, capable off-road vehicle. I'm not buying a turbo-charged nothing from Ford.

Yeah it was a disappointment in terms of reflecting the old FJ's and I'll take my FJ60 for coolness over it any day. But, they are very capable with locking front and rear axles as well as run forever. My daughter has one with 264,000 on it and I have never put a part on it except an alternator. I'd be suprised if any of the bronco models come with locking diffs for real offroad use.

You are correct about the FJ being capable and tough. I have done very technical trails in many states including Moab, it's incredibly capable and tough as hell. In stock trim they are not cool but modded for offroad they are very cool, I love mine.

The new Bronco does have lockers and the new crawl control system. The specs look good for trails if you look at the offroad packages, one even comes with 35s/beadlocks and a lift on Bilsteins. Then of course the aftermarket is going to be huge. The people saying this is a mallcrawler only are very wrong, but then I'm used to hearing that about my FJ and I have done trails that people say it can't. Whatever. :ROFLMAO:

Scouts come with a can of primer and a wire brush to keep the rust at bay. o_O

A friend of mine collects Scouts. His daily driver literally has a roll of bailing wire and a roll of duct tape around the gearshift so he can put stuff back on when it falls off.....like the muffler.

But it is a blast to ride in.

Reactions: Dragonscout25
    The 5.0 liter Coyote would have made this a homerun. Could care less about the IFS as I'll never know the difference on the trails I'm on in the Adirondacks.

Just having that exhaust note of a V8 should have been worth it as an option lol

I like it, I like more the more I look at it. I also like the pricing and options available on ALL models. The Bronco has not talked me out of the Sting Grey I build every week on the Jeep website yet. But Jeep has long been way overpriced. This shouldl force jeep to come down in price if they wanna keep the "mall crawler" and soccer mom market share. And lets be honest here, that's the majority of jeeps being sold.

Have had multiple FJ 40/45/55/60/80s so was really looking forward to the new FJ Cruiser. While it may be a capable machine, it just didn't click with me. Looking forward to seeing the new Bronco though. But in the meantime, I'm wanting this:

Last edited:
    Reactions: Jgunner
    If it has anything less than a V8 who wants it?

I’m a full on car nut so here’s my take on it...It’s not bad...but...

1. No V8, I know the ecoboost is fine maybe great..just me.

2. No solid axel...I know the raptor is A arm..I run rough rocky roads at my cabin and have yet to need an alignment on my 06 cummins or F250...my older 150 and FJ was another story...heck the 06 has never had one in 14 years...

3. For the same money low 40,000 I bought a new F250 crew FX4 4x4 6.2 gas two years ago...I got a deal but that’s a lot of truck for the same money....

Im not saying I’m not looking at them..but it’s the same reasons (minus axels) that I didn’t jump on a jeep gladiator...

The Bronco looks like it's being made as the more refined and enjoyable version of a Jeep. People buy Jeeps to enjoy the suck. People will buy the Bronco to get most of the perks of the Jeep without most of the downsides.

The small turbo engines make it sporty and very fuel efficient, although the eTorque Jeep option is gangster and spins 37's without trying.

Solid axles are great if you rock crawl. The wonders of IFS are much nicer on the street and when turning in the dirt. The Bronco will out-steer the Jeep, and maybe also be quite durable in the rocks if done right.

Nice that they have a manual option, but disappointing that it only comes in the 2-door. The 10-speed auto will be great. In the world of modern 10-speeds the manual will exist purely for fun and have no advantages over the auto. The auto will be the way to go for almost every application other than for fun, especially rock crawling or high speed dirt.

Interesting they went with electric power steering assist. Hydraulic is tried and true but electric is more efficient and inherently able to have speed-adjusted assist.

The styling is.... mediocre, in my opinion. Looks like the design team got what they wanted without being reeled in, and copied the Defender and the Jeep and the early Bronco. The grille is too busy for me. I want that more open for lights and cooling.

Nice frame design, BEEFY.

Love that they went straight to a linked rear axle with coilovers.

Anyone bashing IFS as trash in this application severely under-appreciates the wonders of IFS when done right. IFS can be done very very right. We'll have to see how beefy Ford makes the spindles and rack & pinion.

Does anyone wonder if there's going to be a dealer's mark up on these when they first hit the showroom floor? Remember the premium that was placed a the Ford GT350s and the Dodge Hellcats?

Buyers want power in today's cars. Look at the hype of the Dodge and Ram brands. Ford know that by their Mustang sales. They should have never underpowered this Bronco. The little 4 cylinder has a 7 speed manual transmission. 7 speed??? That takes away 99% of the soccer mom sales.

If you want something really tough get an Intenational Scout. Just be sure your kidneys and hemorrhoids are in good shape because it will shake yout teeth out.

Search Results
    Web results
    International Harvester Scout - Wikipedia
    en.wikipedia.org › wiki › International_Harvester_Scout

The International Harvester Scout is an off-road vehicle produced by InternationalHarvester from 1961 to 1980. A precursor of more sophisticated SUVs to come ...
    Scout 80 · ‎Scout 800 · ‎Scout II · ‎Special packages offered ...

View attachment 7374305
    In 1987 it was difficult to find part For those

no thanks

• Haha
    Reactions: Maggot