• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is thinking about the new Bronco?

Srs question-those that are bemoaning the lack of a V8-have you driven a modern turbo car lately?
I just traded my F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost on a F350 diesel. The F150 had tons of power and got really good gas mileage for the size of the truck.
In fact, the 3.5 Ecoboost is the engine to get in that truck if you want maximum towing capability, NOT the 5.0. I had a 5.0 in an F150. The only thing it did better was make noise

Reactions: BCX and Bender
Srs question-those that are bemoaning the lack of a V8-have you driven a modern turbo car lately?
I just traded my F150 with the 3.5 Ecoboost on a F350 diesel. The F150 had tons of power and got really good gas mileage for the size of the truck.
In fact, the 3.5 Ecoboost is the engine to get in that truck if you want maximum towing capability, NOT the 5.0. I had a 5.0 in an F150. The only thing it did better was make noise

Yes, drove the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.5L High Output, and 5.0L V8.

Out of them all I preferred the 5.0L v8. You cannot make up for raw displacement.

Yes, drove the 3.0L Turbo Diesel, 3.5L EcoBoost, 3.5L High Output, and 5.0L V8.

Out of them all I preferred the 5.0L v8. You cannot make up for raw displacement.
I guess we had the opposite experience. I will admit, on the test drive, the 5.0 was pretty good. Living with it every day was a different story. It likes to live in the high RPM range, especially towing.

Reactions: Bender
Exhaust note it the only downside. Turbos flat rule everywhere else. they are extreamly reliable if you leave them at stock power levels. (but who wants to do that when 30% more is so easy to obtain!) I have a 2014 turbo with 500 hp and 1500 ft/lbs and 278k on it. Yeah its in a MACK but its still a modern turbo. Turbos are here to stay.

I’ll run what I brung

Attachments

• 2594BA35-802A-485C-8849-08A4F0626C33.jpeg
    2594BA35-802A-485C-8849-08A4F0626C33.jpeg
    681.6 KB · Views: 155

Looks like +80HP on a tune only and a bigger turbo / tune gets you to 540RWHP.

I agree, would love to see a big 8 cylinder or the 3.5 EcoBoost
I run 5 Star tuning in my 19 Raptor and its the real deal. It will feel more than 80 HP.

While the new bronco is not for me..as I previously posted...

As a total gearhead I’m glad they are making it.

At least it’s not another (fill in the blank small suv...I can’t tell those “cute” suvs apart..and even if they are 4wd most have no low range etc...

It’s getting tougher and tougher for me to look at new vehicles and get excited...I’ll just keep rolling in my old K5...

1595164201959.jpeg

At least it’s not another (fill in the blank small suv...I can’t tell those “cute” suvs apart..and even if they are 4wd most have no low range etc...

It’s getting tougher and tougher for me to look at new vehicles and get excited...I’ll just keep rolling in my old K5...

View attachment 7378056
That thing is a tank!!!!

Yeah I squeezed a 351W into my Bronco first chance I got. Its like a plane though- 2 hours of maintenance for one hour of engine time.

View attachment 7374756

My '85 K5 has a 6.2l diesel in it. When I get a few other projects out of the way its getting a turbo.

It's never going to be a powerhouse but that should make it more interesting.

I may swap the TH400 for a 700R4 to make freeway driving more bearable. It's pretty much revved out at 75mph...

View attachment 7378056

I have an 85 K5 diesel.

I want manual hubs, a transfer case lever sticking out of the floor and an engine bay I can sit in while I work on it. Nothing any new car can give me.

Looks alright if your into Ford’s and turbo’d “ecoboost.” The msrp in my area does look horrible. No sure id want it as a off-roader, but it looks like Ford is hoping the aftermarket arena will pick up for it and help make their new old idea popular again. The inside looked smart.

View attachment 7378056

Fuck yes!
A real 4x4.
I really miss mine, sold it 13 years ago like an idiot and regretted it ever since.

Sharp ride man (y)

Looks alright if your into Ford’s and turbo’d “ecoboost.” The msrp in my area does look horrible. No sure id want it as a off-roader, but it looks like Ford is hoping the aftermarket arena will pick up for it and help make their new old idea popular again. The inside looked smart.
I'm not a fan of dgi long term, or tiny little motors pressured up to increase power.
The Ecoboost is either a fucking dog = eco
Or runs good on =boost .
Doesn't just cruise, always downshifting and on boost to actually do anything.
Sold mine years ago. Never again.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
I gotta give Ford a ton of credit for doing the new Bronco "right". They took a big risk with this and are going to be rewarded accordingly. It would have been much easier to follow GM down the path of building a boring crossover and slapping on a historical name (as a former K5 owner, I cannot ever forgive that company for the new Blazer).

I'm fine with the engine choices (the 3.5L EB in the wife's Flex kicks ass and is still going strong at 190,000 miles), the IFS probably works better for most users, it fits properly-sized tires, and there are a ton of well-though details throughout the vehicle. There won't be one in our fleet unless I can convince the wife that she wants one of these for her next car more than she wants another Flex (hahahahahaha - nope), but it's a cool vehicle and I'm happy for anyone that finds a way to add one to their driveway.

I want manual hubs, a transfer case lever sticking out of the floor and an engine bay I can sit in while I work on it. Nothing any new car can give me.

My van has all of those, at least if the "doghouse" is removed (if not, then two outta three ain't bad).

Reactions: atomic41
Honestly, I'm not diverting money to cars right now. Nobody should be. My 2002 Tahoe has been off-roaded more than most of these ever will be and works just fine, anyway. I used to race Mustangs and miss it dearly. I had to give that up after someone rear ended my 2016 on the street and it was totaled. Getting back in the game with a replacement ride, just 2 years after I started, would have destroyed my financial outlook (and I had great insurance).

Look at what's happening. If Biden is elected (and he will be thanks to Trump blowing it the past 6 months), your gun rights will fizzle away quickly because his election will coincide with a Democrat House and Senate. And if the destruction in our cities continues, companies that aren't even loyal to their home country will find reason to invest elsewhere, which they are already doing. On top of that, taxes continue to increase exponentially (instead of restraint on spending), schools continue to get worse yet somehow always cost more, the economy is literally destroyed and was in a bubble since the Obama administration refused to raise interest rates (which Trump continued), and thanks to our insolence and debt, China and Russia are starting to develop some real power.

In optimistic times, I'd love to have one of these. Especially if it's assembled in the US and if it was equipped with a naturally aspirated engine for reliability's sake. But now? I'm happy both of my cars are paid off and the rest of my debt is being chipped away at as fast as my interest in bolt action rifles allows. I encourage everyone to settle their finances as best they can during this period of time. Get to zero. So when the time comes to push back, you can without having everything taken from you.

Not to mention, this new Bronco is about 6-years too late. Ford needed to come out with this when they launched the new Mustang.

Last edited:
My '85 K5 has a 6.2l diesel in it. When I get a few other projects out of the way its getting a turbo.

I may swap the TH400 for a 700R4 to make freeway driving more bearable. It's pretty much revved out at 75mph...

That diesel and turbo 400 are indestructible....my buddy had one he put 35s on it and it cut down the rpms...

I had an 85 when I first got married (almost the same colors as this one blue and light blue)..put a ton of work into it rebuilt or replaced everything but the rear end..350 700r4...had 300,000 on it when I sold it.

This one (1987) is the same setup but has fuel injection...I knocked fuel injection for years but this thing starts right up every time..

I got it for $3000 looked bad but was rust free and everything was there drove it home....got it running perfect then about a year ago had it repainted..interior is almost perfect after some carpet etc...now I need to find the leak in the AC..it’s 100 here today.

I have 4 vehicles and a Harley...the K5 gets the most time on the road reminds me of high school...

I do think that someone will be “restoring” the new bronco 30 years from now unlike the new blazer..

Last edited:
Reactions: E. Bryant
I have 4 vehicles and a Harley...the K5 gets the most time on the road reminds me of high school...

I do think that someone will be “restoring” the new bronco 30 years from now unlike the new blazer..

Same boat here....I have 3 vehicles and Harley. my daily drive is a 99 Tahoe 4x4, my toys are my 85 M1009 (k5) and my Sportster Iron with a 1200 big-bore kit and my project is my dad's 88 Mustang GT thats been in the family for 30 yrs

I had the 6.2L raptor and have the 3.5 echo boost now.... Getting 18mpg now but want the 6.2L back. I see why Ford does not give out details such as the engines used ahead of time.... It would just piss us all off ahead of time.....

The very idea of a 3.2L V6 in a Bronco.... Yep... its to order for the Wife alright! 3000 lb towing...…. A Tacoma has this WITHOUT the tow package..... Was wanting a bronco without the doors or top to pull a decent boat to the lake... Forget that.

Ford does not even give then option for a bigger engine. Why the hell... Let the consumer pay for what they want. IF we want the 5.0 in the bronco... then just charge us for it.. Bunch of BS out of Ford since 2014... yet Im still buying em.

5.0 with Roush super charger in a Baja version about the only way I’d consider it. The rest is an abomination.

Just having that exhaust note of a V8 should have been worth it as an option lol
Itll get pipes into the speakers, while others around it wonder why it sounds like a mexican with 1990’s honda and coffee can exhaust.

Go 4l80e , you can fit the np205 can be made to fit the 80e. Even if you go manual valve body(no tcu) you’ll be happier. 60e are nothing more than grenades. I killed them behind bone stock late 80’s and early 90’s powerhouses, like the 4.3 and 350 rated at 165 and 245.

I'm excited for the wife to get hers. The more I look at this thing the more I like it. Ford has put a lot of great thought into this, the modularity is awesome.
The big one is supposed to be out in another year, the Raptor version. Rumor has it, it might be called Warthog.

Reactions: Riverlife87
I just went out to hug my ‘73 and remind her I love her. Fuel line problem so she’s sitting in the stable at the moment, but will use the holiday time to get things fixed up.

Like the look. If the 4-banger has as much guts as Cadillac’s 2.0 Turbo, I would like it with the manual. After having automatic transmissions either replaced or rebuilt in more Ford suv’s than I care to remember, I would not touch an automatic that wasn’t a 10-speed. Last I looked at a car mag, they put their shitty 8-speed in the new Bronco. WTF? The jointly developed with GM 10-speed is fantastic, and holds up under 420hp and probably more in the Camaros or Vette. It will take a test drive to convince me on the 4-banger. Don’t want any online/no drive purchases.

F150’s with the 2.7T outperform those with the V8. It’s a good engine that was initially intended to be a diesel. It was made to be bulletproof.

I love the looks of them, and am excited by the Warthog version that they are already teasing and thus will come out with fairly soon. This video really helps one understand what they are capable of doing. The link is:

The 1-pedal option where it takes care of the gas and braking is a really convenient feature - Ford did their homework with them. Can't wait for them to start hitting the streets this summer.

Reactions: geek65 and MJF
I love the looks of them, and am excited by the Warthog version that they are already teasing and thus will come out with fairly soon. This video really helps one understand what they are capable of doing. The link is:

The 1-pedal option where it takes care of the gas and braking is a really convenient feature - Ford did their homework with them. Can't wait for them to start hitting the streets this summer.

Funny story.

I know them lol

Reactions: BroncoMustang
Aren't all the Broncos sold out for this year? Didn't I read that deposits were taken on all available Broncos?

I think that engine is fucking retarded. It can be made less stupid with the tune and increased airflow, but adding more boost than it's built to take is not the answer. It'll run great for 12 months, and then the whole engine will be fucked.
There is no replacement for displacement, and Ford is just dumb to not know who their market it and to underpower the long awaited return of the Bronco. Total fail IMO.

Why in God's good name did they not put their Coyote in it!?!?!?!? That is one of the best engines ever to come out of Detroit, and their Eco Boost is bullshit grocery getter crap!

We should be sitting here discussing how crazily overpowered the GT version is with the Coyote, not how to wring out 80 more horses at the crank so it doesn't completely suck.

Don't pretend the Coyote doesn't have it's fair share of issues. The ecoboost is more reliable and much more economical.

Why can't Ford just build a decent engine? I about shit when I got a quote to fix the cam phaser issues on a 5.4. My sister bought a 5.0 mustang GT, and it was gone before 20k miles because of all the drivetrain issues, warranty was about to run out so she dumped it. Powerstrokes are insane money to fix, and seem to need stupid stuff constantly.

I swear chevy builds the drivetrain to outlast the rest of the truck, and ford builds the interior to outlast the drivetrain. I give my buddy shit because he had 13 F-150's at one time, and never was he able to keep more than 2 running at the same time. As soon as he fixed a 3rd, one would die.

My newest rig is a 03 Denali. That fucker is about ready to get the drivetrain yanked because the wiring harness is 20 years old and I keep fixing pins and shorted/broken wires. Toss the 6.0/4l65e into my 88 k1500 and I'll be much happier with the crank windows and a bench seat that has no electronics besides the stereo.

Last edited:
Aren't all the Broncos sold out for this year? Didn't I read that deposits were taken on all available Broncos?

Yes - Ford has probably sold every unit they intend to sell this year. And the delayed start of production (which may very well get pushed back again due to <waves arms around at everything>) isn't going to help matters.

But that just means that Ford dealers have filled their allocated orders (always remember that you and I don't buy vehicles from the manufacturer - the dealers do). Not all of those units are going to named buyers who put down deposits. Some significant number of them will be inventory units, and will hit the lot with a $10k mark-up awaiting a buyer with more money than brains. Just wait for all the stories like this in a few months:

This happens Every. Single. Time. a hot new car hits the market. 2001 PT Cruiser, 2004 GTO, 2005 Mustang, and several other cringe-worthy examples I'm forgetting on this Sunday morning. The internet makes it way easier to find those buyers. My local Ford dealer sells more than 50% of its Raptor allocation to out-of-state buyers.

These dealers are totally looking forward to some rich guy plunking down $85k for a Bronco First Edition as a gift to his wife in hopes that she'll forgive him for boning the nanny. It's about the only chance some dealers will have to make money this summer, considering the lack of anything else to sell off the lot.