• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who is thinking about the new Bronco?

Drove one this month - it was actually a pretty rewarding experience from the drivers seat. Seemed a high quality build too.

It is, I'm very impressed and that's hard to do on a new vehicle for me.

Honestly, I'd rather find a '77 and do a resto-mod!
Have you seen what they're going for on BAT?:oops:

Opera Snapshot_2021-12-29_154514_bringatrailer.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2021-12-29_145331_bringatrailer.com.png

Buy something that can be up-armored. Maybe an Oshkosh or a Patton from the local VFW. Any flimsy tin transportation and you just might end up as guest of honor at the long pork buffet...

no-country-anton-eyebrows.gif

Commuting to work in an oshkosh jltv would be fun. Thing weighs like 8 tons.

The JLTV has a substantial GVWR, facilitating transport of one or more large-displacement nocturnal reproductive companions.

"If the Oshkosh is rockin, don't come a knockin"

So the wife saw it, got all excited, and jumped on the list to reserve one. She's getting the 2-door. I dig it...can't wait to cruise it with the top off.

View attachment 7374132
mine too however, when you see them in person they leave a lot to be desired. Not a fan but the pics look awesome. Seems strange yes but in person, hard pass

• Love
Reactions: Jim Out
Buy something that can be up-armored. Maybe an Oshkosh or a Patton from the local VFW. Any flimsy tin transportation and you just might end up as guest of honor at the long pork buffet...

no-country-anton-eyebrows.gif
I was working to link up with a guy that had a M551 Sheridan tank out this way. Turned out the guy who had it had acquired it incorrectly ("borrowed" military tank:oops:). When I finally found out who he was he said someone had told on him to uncle sugar and they took the tank away. It now resides in the impact area as a target sadly.

VFW stuff if after 1953 is probably still on TACOM's books.

JLTV's look cool but the electronics suck. Just saying

I was working to link up with a guy that had a M551 Sheridan tank out this way. Turned out the guy who had it had acquired it incorrectly ("borrowed" military tank:oops:). When I finally found out who he was he said someone had told on him to uncle sugar and they took the tank away. It now resides in the impact area as a target sadly.

VFW stuff if after 1953 is probably still on TACOM's books.

JLTV's look cool but the electronics suck. Just saying

I wonder if that's true with all the Humvees being sold by the government?

Reactions: stefan73
I wonder if that's true with all the Humvees being sold by the government?
Those aren't TACOM property once they are sold. VFW items aren't sold they are on loan to the VFW's and reside on TACOM register. Otherwise I would have more than just my Hotchkiss!

The HMMWV's are like the Deuces and 5-tons along with a bunch of other DRMO type sales.

Those aren't TACOM property once they are sold. VFW items aren't sold they are on loan to the VFW's and reside on TACOM register. Otherwise I would have more than just my Hotchkiss!

The HMMWV's are like the Deuces and 5-tons along with a bunch of other DRMO type sales.

Thanks!

I had thought about building my own Bronco from new parts, there's an outfit in Montana that offers a fully galvanized frame, and I'd drop a 302 fuel injected crate motor into it.

Problem is I don't have a garage or workshop to house such a project, nor the time.
game on, agree!

mine too however, when you see them in person they leave a lot to be desired. Not a fan but the pics look awesome. Seems strange yes but in person, hard pass

You are probably seeing the sport and thinking that is the real Bronco. The real Bronco actually looks amazing in person and there are very few on the road but lots of the stupid sport out there. One of the most annoying things Ford did was launch the sport first, it confused (and still is) a lot people. That sport is ugly, it's like an Escape or something.

Yesterday I gave a friend a ride in it and of course he fell in love. He called me this morning confused. "I'm on the way to work and just saw a Bronco but it's nothing like what you gave me a ride in, what did I see?". LOL, Ford has confused a lot of people with this, they should not have named it Bronco Sport...maybe just Sport.

Anyway, if you did see the real one and didn't like it I would be very surprised because it looks awesome.

Reactions: Surfingsk8r
You are probably seeing the sport and thinking that is the real Bronco. The real Bronco actually looks amazing in person and there are very few on the road but lots of the stupid sport out there. One of the most annoying things Ford did was launch the sport first, it confused (and still is) a lot people. That sport is ugly, it's like an Escape or something.

Yesterday I gave a friend a ride in it and of course he fell in love. He called me this morning confused. "I'm on the way to work and just saw a Bronco but it's nothing like what you gave me a ride in, what did I see?". LOL, Ford has confused a lot of people with this, they should not have named it Bronco Sport...maybe just Sport.

Anyway, if you did see the real one and didn't like it I would be very surprised because it looks awesome.
possible and didn't even know there were two different models. Will look, thanks

Reactions: atomic41
Up until maybe 5-10 years ago those 80s broncos were all over the place for 2000-3000 bucks.
Hard to believe isn't it?

Same thing with Blazers (and Jimmys), I had a '73, two '74s and two '75s, the ones with the removable top, Gen 2.

I bought them because they were cheaper than the early Broncos, my first 4x4 was that 73' Blazer.

350 and a SM465..........with a 12 bolt rear that goes kablooie and spits the c-clip axles out. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BCP
Hard to believe isn't it?

Same thing with Blazers (and Jimmys), I had a '73, two '74s and two '75s, the ones with the removable top, Gen 2.

I bought them because they were cheaper than the early Broncos, my first 4x4 was that 73' Blazer.

350 and a SM465..........with a 12 bolt rear that goes kablooie and spits the c-clip axles out. :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

When I was a kid we had a white blazer, I don't remember it being a problem except for whenever my mother put diesel in it instead of gas.

The ford bronco was a pos, plenty of times my little brother and I would be "playing" in a ditch on the side of the road while we waited for a tow truck lol.

And then my dad replaced it with a ford taurus which was even worse.

Wife’s 4 door silver Outer Banks mall crawler is built. Should be delivered second week of January. It’s a $50,000 soccer mom edition. No SAS package and every creature comfort possible. Soft top cus Ford can’t get their head out of their asses with the MIC hard tops.

Reactions: Riverlife87
When I was a kid we had a white blazer, I don't remember it being a problem except for whenever my mother put diesel in it instead of gas.

The ford bronco was a pos, plenty of times my little brother and I would be "playing" in a ditch on the side of the road while we waited for a tow truck lol.

And then my dad replaced it with a ford taurus which was even worse.
When I met my wife we were building cabins on Mt. Lemmon and I had my '73 up there in the snow chained up trying to drive up a two-track that my neighbors thought would be easier to get up if they concreted the two-track.

That was the day she learned how to use a come-along...and looked good doing it....

"adventures"

While it may have been true that the concrete helped in the summer, in the snow it was a definite no-go.

I was throwing sparks everywhere when I finally dug down to the concrete and ice, the next step was to twist off the rear driveshaft (like twisting a toilet paper tube in half) and snap the carrier dropping the c-clip out of the axle.

Interesting factoid: Did you know you can hold an axle in the housing by ratchet strapping a tree to the side of a Blazer to retain the tire in the wheelwell? ;)

At this point it wasn't four wheel drive, it was front wheel drive weeee weeee wee all the way home.

B4646D41-14F4-4FB5-A54A-32A93511BF68.jpeg

My wife got hers just before Thanksgiving. Black Diamond mid package. She loves the look and it will never see anything more than a gravel road. The 2.3L is pretty terrible for fuel mileage. She’s averaging 18.2 mostly in town driving. We’ll eventually get a hardtop. I’ve installed a few accessories like running boards, splash guards, spare tire cover, and rear seat covers. Hopefully the kids won’t destroy the seats.

I will admit I saw the bronco sport and was highly unimpressed. I even commented in this thread about that buuutttt I’m seeing real Brancos in the wild and they’re growing on me. My wife really likes them, just the looks, I am really considering taking one for a spin in the near future.

From the ones Ive seen in person, to the videos of their piss poor performance, the only current production ford I’d debate getting would be a raptor.

Decked out Bronco vs wrangler, spoiler bronco takes body damage, steering system damage and can’t complete the run, Wrangler clears everything with low effort.

The Bronco is pretty however 🤷‍♂️
Might be a good choice to buy the wife or daughter

It's definitely discouraging to hear about the price markups. Found a recent video that shows what a stock Bronco Badlands w/ Sasquatch package can do in regards to rock crawling. The link is:
It was cool to see what a stock Bronco can do.

Good video of it doing Rubicon Trail. They talk about some of the modular stuff coming, the wide body kits sound cool and how awesome that you can just bolt them on. We will get ours on the trail this spring, can't wait.

Bringing up a dead thread here. Seems the Bronco engines are having a tough time. They seem to want to go BOOM.

Watching videos on them on YouTube, seems their engines are about as good as the rest of the running gear.

It’s a cool looking vehicle, but thats about it

Reactions: HD1911
I had the Ranger with the smaller engine option. Paired with the 10-speed it was terrible. So glad it's gone.

If the Bronco offered an NA V6, I'd consider one. Not dealing with Ford's turbo nightmares. If it was a Toyota, I'd trust it.

Plus, I'm not buying anymore cars built between 2020 and now. My Ranger was assembled by a newb or fed up person, for sure.

I love how Ford says it'd be covered. Getting Ford warranty work is SUCH A PITA compared to other brands. That's a cold hard fact.

I had the Ranger with the smaller engine option. Paired with the 10-speed it was terrible. So glad it's gone.

If the Bronco offered an NA V6, I'd consider one. Not dealing with Ford's turbo nightmares. If it was a Toyota, I'd trust it.

Plus, I'm not buying anymore cars built between 2020 and now. My Ranger was assembled by a newb or fed up person, for sure.

I love how Ford says it'd be covered. Getting Ford warranty work is SUCH A PITA compared to other brands. That's a cold hard fact.

Bronco should have come in two options, 5.0 V8 or a v6 for base

Last edited:
5000 miles on the eco boost V6 in our Bronco. Not in the “date range” of manufacturing blow ups. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Got over 22 mpg on the interstate doing 80. Wife absolutely loves the truck

5000 miles on the eco boost V6 in our Bronco. Not in the “date range” of manufacturing blow ups. Hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Got over 22 mpg on the interstate doing 80. Wife absolutely loves the truck

Economy isn’t what it was designed for.

That said a 6.2L 6 speed vette can do 80-90mph at 30+MPG in 6th all day long, and be very dependable. Just Engneering

I say just put an LSX in it an be done...

On another note, we have been waiting over a year on the wife's Bronco. Getting to the point where I could care less about it. I'm about to start looking for something else. Luckily she only drives like 2-3k miles a year.

On another note, we have been waiting over a year on the wife's Bronco. Getting to the point where I could care less about it. I'm about to start looking for something else. Luckily she only drives like 2-3k miles a year.

Why wasn’t the coyote engine just standard in all but the stripped version?

Seems like a ton of $$ for a really good looking, but really subpar truck(let)

I also think it’s a shorter list as to what has NOT had a LS swap. GM really knocked it out the park when they first made the first LS1

I also think it’s a shorter list as to what has NOT had a LS swap.
Because it's not about what people want, it's about the EPA and numbers on paper.

I'm not a mechanic and I don't service vehicles, but these little turbo V6s make really good power numbers for their size. Better than most NA V8s, especially in the torque department.

Longevity, reliability? Not so sure. Never owned one, but the people I know with them don't seem to have any issues.

The bronco my wife got is pretty basic. Had the bigger motor and the basic stuff, but we didn't opt in for all the factory rock crawling and other overpriced stuff she will never use. As long as it starts and drives, she will never care about the engine, as with most owners I assume.

They swap LS motors into everything for a reason... Definitley not original. But you cant really beat them for easy, cheap and reliable horsepower. Coyote motors are great too, especially with boost. Just too big physically and more $.

Reactions: TurboTrout

I also think it’s a shorter list as to what has NOT had a LS swap. GM really knocked it out the park when they first made the first LS1

I don't know if the Coyote would fit in the Bronco (and I'm not talking "fit" as in "some dude on the Internet jammed one in using fenderwell headers", but rather the OE definitions which include a bunch of factors that most people don't comprehend). That is not a small engine.

The LS, on the other hand, is tiny. And light. And simple to plumb and wire. And easy to tune. It has a lot going for it as a swap candidate.

I don't know if the Coyote would fit in the Bronco (and I'm not talking "fit" as in "some dude on the Internet jammed one in using fenderwell headers", but rather the OE definitions which include a bunch of factors that most people don't comprehend). That is not a small engine.

The LS, on the other hand, is tiny. And light. And simple to plumb and wire. And easy to tune. It has a lot going for it as a swap candidate.

Just seems for the price of the bronco they should have more than a shit economy drive train 🤷‍♂️

The 2.7 turbo fucking hauls ass so the only people bitching about it haven't actually driven it.

Reactions: ColbyLang
The 2.7 turbo fucking hauls ass so the only people bitching about it haven't actually driven it.

Fun till it isn’t, lots to ask of 2.7

I have a 2.0 that’s a turbo 300hp, I don’t have long term goals for that mill, not exactly getting passed down to my kids 😂

Just seems for the price of the bronco they should have more than a shit economy drive train 🤷‍♂️

I wouldn't be surprised if the 2.7 turbo V6 costs as much or more to manufacture than the Coyote.

This is where we find that "cost", "price", and "value" are distinctively different things.

Reactions: TurboTrout

My buddy waited almost 2 years to get his Wild Track. Just picked it up this week. Day 1 reservation and order

Reactions: SouthFLShootin