• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Who is your favorite vendor/dealer to purchase S&B?

SummitRoofs

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2013
Ok, I am getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a S&B PMII 5-25. I am looking for advice on where to buy. Customer service after the sale and price are my prime considerations

I recently dealt with euro optics. They were great to deal with.

I just bought my S&B 5-25 at Midway USA and shipped same day. Bought from mile high and had good results with them as well.
You could check Europtic and opticsplanet. Those seem to be who I mostly hear about.

The best pricing I have found in past on two different S&B's and now one Vortex has been with Eurooptic. I have had no CS needs, excepting I did send one scope to S&B for inspection and repair as necessary (It seemed to have lost "something" after four years) and S&B did that at no charge and pretty quickly.

Mile High or EuroOptic's are where I purchase most of my high end gear whether rifles, handguns, or glass. I live in Colorado though so with Mile high, I get to actually hold what I'm buying which sometimes helps. You can't go wrong with either Randy or Dave at Mile High or Jason at EuroOptic's, both are great, will give you a good deal and stand by their products.

I've gotten several from Europtic and they are outstanding. I had an issue with the first scope and they sent me a new one the same day before I had even sent the old one back! They will match or beat any price out there and are great to deal with.

I purchased my last one from Mile High, because they had the Spuhr I wanted in stock as well. Great service, as usual. There is certainly nothing wrong with EuroOptic either.

Jose' @ The Scopesmtih down in Houston, Texas. He will make sure you get what You Want and has them in stock. Forget Midway- I waited over 6 months only to have the Wrong scope ordered and shipped to me.

Jose sells only high-end scopes and knows what people are wanting and has them in his store..... Yes a brick and mortar store that does internet sales as well. I just bought my S&B PMII 5-25x56 DT MRAD CCW MSR from him a month ago, nice guy to deal with and you'll be talking and dealing with the owner!

I recently placed my second order for an optic through EuroOptic.com and they are fantastic. I work with Alex there and they are on top of their game y'all! Seriously, they helped me narrow it down to exactly what I wanted/needed, the price is right, and were professional and straight up about everything. Seriously one of THE best transaction experiences I have had other than working with Mike at Tactical Operations. I can promise you that EuroOptic is the way to go. Not only that but for those of us military guys, they try their best to hook us up.

I called them for the hell of it and they want $300 over MAP. My money will go to another dealer.

this is interesting, I've only purchased (traded for a couple others) 2 "high end" scopes, and Sport optics came in almost exactly 300 dollars cheaper than anywhere else on both of them, and I think I checked everywhere. I'm not arguing or implying anything, just that its interesting you said that. The ones I ordered were not S&B's, I wonder if that has to do with it?

this is interesting, I've only purchased (traded for a couple others) 2 "high end" scopes, and Sport optics came in almost exactly 300 dollars cheaper than anywhere else on both of them, and I think I checked everywhere. I'm not arguing or implying anything, just that its interesting you said that. The ones I ordered were not S&B's, I wonder if that has to do with it?

It does have something to do with it. When I ordered my Kahles they were one of the best deals around which is why I called them for the S&B purchase as well. They were $200 over MAP for the particular S&B I wanted.

I have purchased stuff from many of the online retailers. Eurooptic and Milehigh were far and away the best to deal with and had the best prices.
A retailer I have had very bad experiences with is SWFA. They have 110% price match and the first time I used it they didn't mention that they didn't have the product in stock. It took 6 weeks to get a scope that I was only saving $50 on.
The second time I tried their price match they emailed me the match with discount and when I went to use it the product had been removed from the website.
I called them on the phone and the guy lied to me and told me the product was discontinued.
I bought it from EuroOptic instead and won't ever use SWFA again.

I always talk with Jason at eurooptics.com before I buy nearly anything they sell. They are my go to place for new optics.

I called them for the hell of it and they want $300 over MAP. My money will go to another dealer.

sorry you didn't have a positive experience. If you wouldn't mind let me know who you spoke with and what scope you were interested in, I'd like to find out what happened. As many here will tell you, we go above and beyond for our customers. To be honest, Schmidt and Bender has been a little weird recently, while prices have gone up 12% a year for the past 2 years, at the same time, sometimes us dealers have old inventory or sometimes we wait months to get an order in, the price changes, yet we still have some product at old pricing. Not an excuse, but just a view into what us dealers have to contend with in regards to that product line.

It does have something to do with it. When I ordered my Kahles they were one of the best deals around which is why I called them for the S&B purchase as well. They were $200 over MAP for the particular S&B I wanted.

Von... how about some specifics here... exactly which S&B model did you inquire about and what price was quoted to you?

I am always skeptical about such broad statements... specifically which model did you ask for a quote on and what price were you quoted?

sorry you didn't have a positive experience. If you wouldn't mind let me know who you spoke with and what scope you were interested in, i'd like to find out what happened. As many here will tell you, we go above and beyond for our customers. To be honest, schmidt and bender has been a little weird recently, while prices have gone up 12% a year for the past 2 years, at the same time, sometimes us dealers have old inventory or sometimes we wait months to get an order in, the price changes, yet we still have some product at old pricing. Not an excuse, but just a view into what us dealers have to contend with in regards to that product line.

that^^^^

Another vote for Sport Optics here. Jay and team go above and beyond with excellent customer service and communications.

Von... how about some specifics here... exactly which S&B model did you inquire about and what price was quoted to you?

It was the PM II 5-25x56 with MTC, Locking turrets, black in color with MSR Reticle. Jay said he had one in stock and could let it go for $4,199.00. Didn't ask if that included shipping or insurance as that was $200 more than what Reed had already quoted me. I subsequently called Reed back 5 min later at Stabol Precision in Washington state and purchased the scope for $3,999.00 shipped and insured, sent him a a $2k deposit the same day. Never called the guys at Europtics or Mile High, not sure they could have done much better, but I will definitely throw them in the mix next time around also.

Last edited:
Eurooptic, absolute legends!

Jason or Keefer are very helpful and friendly

Last edited:
sorry you didn't have a positive experience. If you wouldn't mind let me know who you spoke with and what scope you were interested in, I'd like to find out what happened. As many here will tell you, we go above and beyond for our customers. To be honest, Schmidt and Bender has been a little weird recently, while prices have gone up 12% a year for the past 2 years, at the same time, sometimes us dealers have old inventory or sometimes we wait months to get an order in, the price changes, yet we still have some product at old pricing. Not an excuse, but just a view into what us dealers have to contend with in regards to that product line.

I asked if Chris was in, guy said no, asked if Jay was in, guy said no. I didn't ask his name, he asked if there was something he could do for me and I said I was shopping for a 5-25 CCW DT H2CMR and asked what he could do. He quoted me north of $4k, I said but MAP is only $3700 and change, he said doesn't matter, he sells so many he's not selling one for less and can't keep them in stock as it was. I explained others are in the $3500 range for that scope.... Silence... I said well have a good day.

I figured with a price that outrageous, obviously over MAP I wouldn't even bother calling back. Next time I'm shopping for a scope I'll try to get you on the phone. After all I try to give all the vendors here business, experiences like that make it difficult but I'll give it another shot.

I am always skeptical about such broad statements... specifically which model did you ask for a quote on and what price were you quoted?

See above.

I asked if Chris was in, guy said no, asked if Jay was in, guy said no. I didn't ask his name, he asked if there was something he could do for me and I said I was shopping for a 5-25 CCW DT H2CMR and asked what he could do. He quoted me north of $4k, I said but MAP is only $3700 and change, he said doesn't matter, he sells so many he's not selling one for less and can't keep them in stock as it was. I explained others are in the $3500 range for that scope.... Silence... I said well have a good day.

I figured with a price that outrageous, obviously over MAP I wouldn't even bother calling back. Next time I'm shopping for a scope I'll try to get you on the phone. After all I try to give all the vendors here business, experiences like that make it difficult but I'll give it another shot.

See above.
I have an idea who that was and you can believe it'll be fixed with the quickness. Chalk it up to growing pains.

There is a lot of stuff floating out there at pre 2014 dealer cost still that we just can't beat I'll admit that, but for someone to screw up that bad is inexcusable.

Guys if you have stuff like that happen please bring pm myself jay, or trey. We'll get you squared away with the quickness.

Yut!

I've bought from Mike @ CS Tactical, Jason @ Euro Optic, and Chris @ Sport Optics. All have treated me well, but Chris is just one great guy. Today I called about a 5-25 and he spent the next 25-30 minutes to fill me in on the pros & cons of many 5-25 models. In the end he quoted me a great price on two different scopes. What else can be said?

s and b dealer

Ok, I am getting ready to pull the trigger and buy a S&B PMII 5-25. I am looking for advice on where to buy. Customer service after the sale and price are my prime considerations

going to order an s and b today from sportoptics. This guy jay has best price so far and seems knowledgeable. We'll see how it goes. yall have a good day and we need to thank Jesus for everything

Bought my 2 from Chris at Sport Optics. Great service, price and fast well packaged shipping. Other mentioned are also good, but you do have to shop around for the best price!

As has been mentioned in here already it comes down this if looking at things just from the price point.

If you can find a dealer with the scope you want and said dealer had the scope in stock before the price increases they can sell the scope at a lower price than a dealers who have no old stock in inventory.