• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who makes a good .223 Bolt gun ?

CZ has new line coming out, 3 diff models using replacable barrels, adj triggers, 60 degree bolt throw, 3 diff action lengths det on calibre. The 223 are in short actions.
Do you know if they are rem 700 platform?

BadRock(built in house by defiance) sells complete rifles for 2k, or a barreled action for 1600 I believe. Its built off a slightly modified tenacity action that has a mechanical blade ejector and control round feed. My friend has one in 65prc, extremely accurate rifle.

You can always be economical about it and buy an AI and pay for a .223 bolt, barrel, and mag. 🤣

20220626_101529.jpg

Reactions: redneckbmxer24
I bought a PVA .223 barrel for my ARC Nucleus. I shoot it more than any other caliber currently. Honestly, I mostly shoot .55 grain bulk stuff out to 400 or so. Ammo is still a challenge here so its nice to be able to practice on the (relative) cheap.

Reactions: Hkmiller
gun broker is loaded with 223 lites,nothing else tikka wise in USA.
Have your FFL watch Lipseys and Sport South for Tikkas. I was able to find a place with a .223 Varmint on the shelf that they got from Lipseys.

There are no Tikka .223s at Lipseys right now , they have a 22-250 and some other bigger calibers . Can't remember last time I saw a .223 .

Zanders has two Tikka 223s in stock at this moment . T3X Lite .

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOE800
I did not either , just adding a Fact . I logged in to check status hoping to help someone out , just like I did at Zanders where I found two . I see No harm in trying to help out .
GREAT gun. Be aware the muzzle is not threaded.

Reactions: Rockdoc173
Lite isn't useful for what we do on this site.

Great for hunting though.

I want Tikka Lite Compacts in both .223 and .308 so I can make them into scout rifles. Finding the .223 has been fruitless so far and only a couple of .308 out there. There must be a container ship floating around out there full of Tikkas. :cautious:

Reactions: pineoak
Another option is buy the action and bolt from a chop shop or MGW and get a prefit barrel spun up. I almost wish I’d gone that route rather than the Varmint, but whatever.

Something like this:
Either buy a Tikka factory

Or build off a quality action

No point in starting with a Tikka action and building on it; limited options compared to R700 clones

I started with a 223 T3 lite that I bought a few years ago. Bought a Proof prefit couple years ago that was on sale. Added CTR bottom metal with GRS stock. I think i have around $1600 in it.

Attachments

• IMG_8868.jpg
    IMG_8868.jpg
    452.4 KB · Views: 61
I own a Rem 700 5R in .223 that has been an amazing gun. I thought Bergara was going to make one but never saw it surface. Any other solid manufactures make a good one.

I shoot mine out to a thousand with good results and its a tack driver. But I'd like a longer barrel and maybe step up my game. Any feedback appreciated.

PB
I have a MPA 223 BA comp, no question for me up to 700+ yards...