• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who makes the thread adapters?

chainring

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2008
TEXAS
<span style="font-weight: bold">I've seen threads on the 'hide about high quality adapters for use primarily in running larger caliber thread-on suppressors on smaller caliber rifles, I believe.</span> In my case, I am contemplating getting an adapter made to take me from 1/2x28 to 5/8x24 so that I can use a suppressor QD mount that is a brake instead of just a flash-hider. I know, I know, that might translate into a little too much tolerance stack, but I've got some room to play since it would be .556 going through a .30 caliber can. Not sure the thread adapter is really a good fix, but I'm interested in trying it.

<span style="font-weight: bold">So, what company was it that made the good, concentric thread adapters?</span>

By the way, the search function - no matter how advanced a search I try - always gives me a list of EVERY POST THAT HAS EVER BEEN POSTED! So, no, I didn't search for this topic. Whoever created the better search function that is independant of this site, please shoot me a link so that I can use it in the future.

Thanks!

Re: Who makes the thread adapters?

Thank you! That will probably help with my question, too!
smile.gif

You're welcome!
smile.gif
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, BasraBoy is the man. Here's the link to the fella's thread where he's selling the adapters that I saw:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1112903&page=1

Thanks, BasraBoy, and whoever created that search function!</div></div>

No problem, glad it helped
smile.gif

Chain, if this is for the 762SD buy the m4-1k 18T 1/2x28 brake and send me the 5/8x24 one for my 700 and we will both be happy. I really wouldn't want to rely on an adapter for a situation like that.

If you do not see what you need on the TROS website, give them a call. I recently had them make a custom adapter.