• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who of you bullshitters claims 1/4 MOA all day? Show us all you proof?

In the "just starting out in..." thread I referenced selling a rifle I wish I hadn't. It was far and away the most accurate rifle I've ever owned. I was 19 or 20, had no idea what I was doing either shooting or hand loading, and in spite of all that the rifle shot unbelievable. One of my biggest improvement in groups size came when one of the older guys at the range informed me that you didn't measure groups outside to outside. "Doh!"

All my best shooting was done before Al Gore invented the internet and we didn't waste film taking pictures of targets. :D

Last edited:
I shoot FTR matches at 600 and 1,000 yards. I've seen some really nice equipment over the years that I'm sure is .25 MOA at 100. However, the reality at the target is 1.25-1.5 MOA at 1000 yards for 20 shots (or worse depending on conditions). At that point it's more about wind reading than accuracy as you are rarely ever aiming in the same spot.

IMG_7809.jpeg

@50 yards.

Suck it!

I personally like the groups posted with 4 in a cluster and the one labeled "pulled".

I wasn't aware that one could pick their 4 best shots for group size 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

If that's the case.... then I have a bunch of half moa rifles I'll sell... just might need a couple rolls of pasters/tape/coins or a big hand .

I wasn't aware that one could pick their 4 best shots for group size 🤷‍♂️ :ROFLMAO:

In these cases, I calculate the 4-shot group just for fun. But I still calculate the overall group.

Still not bad... 1/2-MOA, with the "flyer" included, at 300 yards with an "economy rig" (Ruger Precision Rifle with a Vortex Viper HST scope, Harris bipod and a squeeze bag) and factory ammo. Mind you... I consider myself very much the mediocre amateur. This was a lucky group.

1710797166081.png

Now... a TEN-shot group that's 1/2-MOA??? I haven't been THAT lucky, yet!

Reactions: Ronws
I personally like the groups posted with 4 in a cluster and the one labeled "pulled".

If that's the case.... then I have a bunch of half moa rifles I'll sell... just might need a couple rolls of pasters/tape/coins or a big hand .
What's wrong with that? If I go back to compare an old group, I want to know what happened. If I pulled it, if it was an honest flyer, whatever. I have a group pic somewhere that I wrote WTF!?! on. I measure both with and without the pulled rd. No sense bullshitting about it. I generally take pics for me, not for you guys.

diZ8Ao5.jpg

2aISpdC.jpg

O1DfbH9.jpg

^^^ That is a frigging cool idea.

I'm going to do a bunch of these. But it going to be dicks. Then I am going to start sending them to people who start ghey threads.

At least this was moved to the Pit.

If you want the printable 24x36” template… pm me and I’ll Email it to you. Any Office Depot or printer place can print on a large sheet of paper for you. Tape it to the metal and don’t friggin miss.

See “rules” in the Topperwein challenge thread. Also some helpful tips for selecting metal and not screwing up!

Cheers. Sirhr

The ultimate test....life and death...

You get one shot, the first shot.....who wins?

I shall never gain the pebble from thy hand!

30-06 100 yards

9 shots through top hole, 8 shots through middle hole and ten shots through bottom hole 🤷‍♂️

2024-3-2-4-Winchester.jpg

Last edited:
5 groups( top 2 right and 3 in middle)
1" stickers
22BR
100yds last Thursday
4 5rd groups
1 10rd group.

Other groups in pic load dev for AR.
IMG_20240318_174406467.jpg

I’ve shot some true one hole groups. Like 0.10 inches. Two in fact. With two different rifles. I frankly consider them flukes. My MPA with the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel could get into the 0.3’s fairly often but with three shot groups. Got at least one that went just below three tenths. But it shot enough middle three tenths group that I considered it to be a sub 0.40 rifle. Neither of my 6’s are quite that good, but good enough.

But, I am not a group shooter. Too few years left in my life and too few bullets, primers and pounds of powder avaialble, much less barrels, to waste time and effort shooting at flattened dead trees. I shoot enough to establish acceptable accuracy to hit steel regularly out past 1K and call it good enough.

So, I leave to you gentleman to argue over what you‘ve done to flattened, dead trees. I‘m gonna be banging steel and having a blast.

Edit: No one picked up on my error, ”accuracy enough to hit steel regularly out past 1000K.” That would be 1,000,000 yards. That would be somewhere in the neighborhood of 568 miles. When I was flying, I never flew an aircraft that had that much range. :D.

Last edited:
Regarding my post previously. 5 shots at 100 yards. .308 FTR in testing.

Same gun 20 shots 1000 yards in a match. Shots 14-17 were killer and on top of each other. But 20 shots is what we score and is, what it is. End of day, HM score at 1000 yards in FTR. Again all wind reading.

Attachments

• IMG_3282.png
    IMG_3282.png
    927.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 131.png
    131.png
    6.1 MB · Views: 39
Reactions: MarshallDodge
Just tired of the " my rifles 1/4 moa rifle" all the time bullshit or 1/2 MOA for that matter.
I've been reading this bullshit for years & I've had enough.
Anyone who claims this bullshit has to show a 10 shot group or fuck off, not interested in your garbage.
Give me one 10 shot group & I'll believe you for the next 100 shots.
1710813249228.gif

Ok, you can fuck off now. Plenty of people just showed you how badly you suck in real life. If you can shoot as good as the rifle or the rifle you own cannot do it, then buy better gear and stop coming here, start going to the range.

I bought my own 120 acres for a rifle range just so I never have to talk to fuckwits or send pictures to fuckwits or have fuckwits ask fuck wit questions. It is very nice to not talk to people.

.308 Federal Gold Medal 175Gr..............5 shots at 100 yards, including cold bore shot...........

IMG_3354.jpg

Last edited:
Local F-Open Mid Range matches have multiple shooters at 600 - 50 plus x's.

A few years ago the F-Open shooter next to me in a match shot a 200 - 30x. I don't remember his aggregate.

The x-ring on that target is 1/2 moa.

I'm more impressed by the sling shooters cleaning the 2 moa 10-ring with a bunch of 1 moa x's at all ranges, 300, 600, and 1000 yards.

Who of you bullshitters claims 1/4 MOA all day? Show us all you proof?​

Until you gather a small amount of grammatical skill you are unworthy to see my marksmanship skill.

You proof ? WT ever lovin F kind of ingrish is that ?
YOUR proof dumbass.
Who of you bullshitters claims ?
Which of you bullshitters claim.

You're too stupid to own a firearm.

My rifle is 1/4" moa all day, on demand.

My ammo... thats a different story. Sooo... whatever.

How? How do I “prove” this? Target? Video? Factory ammo, or reloads? Mass produced rifles, or custom build? Caliber specific? How about we go to the range, see what WE can do with our rifles and every other valuable tossed in.. That should do it… I can only promise you this tho.. We’ll have fun doing so! I’ll bet you beers (after) 2 of the 3 I bring, will meet your expectations. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Sounds like fun!

Reminds me of an ARFcom thread bout 20 years ago. Subject was reloading presses, as I recall. I mentioned I had tried a certain brand, but had such a poor experience I gave it away.

One gentleman was offended, said he did not believe I had ever owned the press and demanded I provide a receipt.

"I personally like the groups posted with 4 in a cluster and the one labeled "pulled"."

It's relevant if it's honest, and if talking about the accuracy of the firearm, and not how crappy the shooter is. :D

One of the few old targets I saved. I got rushed, and got sloppy because honestly I didn't think I was even on paper. I saw the hole from the first shot and then nothing after that, I figured the scope took a shit on me.

309JDJsmallgroup.jpg

With this.
yote309.JPG

I'd like to say that was a one time thing, but I made that stupid mistake a few times. "Where the hell are they going?" (shoot one way over here to see if it's even on paper and it's right where I aimed.) The joys of low power, long eye relief scopes.

Would it do that all day long? It might have, I sure couldn't do it all day long though. And today, shit I'd be lucky to shoot 2 MOA. :(

That thing is what drives me crazy/depresses me the most. Have multi thousand dollar rifles with multi thousand dollar scopes, that weigh close to 20lbs and don't shoot anywhere near as good as that stupid thing would.

(most targets I've saved long term weren't because they were good, but because they were almost good and I screwed them up) :D

Last edited:

It's relevant if it's honest, and if talking about the accuracy of the firearm, and not how crappy the shooter is. :D

One of the few old targets I saved. I got rushed, and got sloppy because honestly I didn't think I was even on paper. I saw the hole from the first shot and then nothing after that, I figured the scope took a shit on me.

View attachment 8376331

With this.
View attachment 8376334

I'd like to say that was a one time thing, but I made that stupid mistake a few times. "Where the hell are they going?" (shoot one way over hear to see if it's even on paper and it's right where I aimed.)

Would it do that all day long? It might have, I sure couldn't do it all day long though. And today, shit I'd be lucky to shoot 2 MOA. :(

That thing is what drives me crazy/depresses me the most. Have multi thousand dollar rifles with multi thousand dollar scopes, that weigh close to 20lbs and don't shoot anywhere near as good as that stupid thing would.

Contenders are always awesome.

Some of the aftermarket barrels are incredibly accurate! As are some of the factory barrels!!

Sirhr

Reactions: Atomic_Lobster
I shoot 1/4" groups all day long......when the rifle does its part!

I also have 53 bow kills, and do concrete as a hobby. Oh, and I can bench press Dirty D's GF!

Did I mention I handed Chuck Norris his first loss in a fight.
Which is the lie?

Beating Chuck or picking up Dirty D GF

I think it’s a coin flip 😂

Yet it’s amazing that there is always 1…kind of like the rifle shooter is .5/.7 like everyone else but BR guys

Reactions: DIBBS
Just tired of the " my rifles 1/4 moa rifle" all the time bullshit or 1/2 MOA for that matter.
I've been reading this bullshit for years & I've had enough.
Anyone who claims this bullshit has to show a 10 shot group or fuck off, not interested in your garbage.
Give me one 10 shot group & I'll believe you for the next 100 shots.
I can't fathom why you would care that others exaggerate or think anyone would care if you believed them.

Well, its not 10 shots, its 12, well, its not 1/4 moa but it is 3 shots of 4 different charge weights at 100 yards. 3/10 grain differences, also, shots 3-15 of a new barrel.
20230820_154216.jpg