• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who still flys Old Glory?

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
We have a lot of Veterans and Patriots here. Wondering who still flys a flag?

I remember after 9/11 you couldn't buy one. Now everyone seems to have forgotten our "Never Forget" moment.

IMG_0198.JPG

One in the front yard
One on the swingset
And a rushwoodworks in the basement (reallly nice)

Out front all day, every day.

I'm on my 3rd one at this house and only buy 100% Made in USA ones. The first two started to fade and one started to come apart at the seams from being outside all the time; one is now behind my squat rack and the other is over my workbench in the garage.

Reactions: Lapuapalooza
Or take a bat to it because there is a flag on it.

12’ x 18’ flag flown every day and with lighting every night. Costs us about 300.00 to replace every 3-4 months but we think it’s important to do.

Since a few weeks into owning the house, 17 years ago, 24x7x... well, not year round. Comes down over XMAS season as it looks stupid mixing the messages since we decorate the front of the house. Yes, lit all the time also.

2665817010_6836205bf6_b.jpg

Wife is Canadian, so it's in the proper place per 4 U.S.C. § 7 to it's right, when changed the Canadian flag comes down first, etc.

Change about 2x a year, always keep 2-3 on hand so if there's a snag, or I just notice that it looks bad, stop and change it out.

Vehicles all have the same treatment, flags on the back. Little or no other stickers, but full color, no thin any-color lines, etc. US/CDN flags.

Damn, now I feel like a lazy asshole. I haven't gotten around to putting up a pole because I haven't done a light yet.

And I'd have to count on my wife to raise and lower it as needed. Drives me nuts my neighbor never lowers his when we're at half mast. His is also torn and tattered, damn shame.

Basically, I figure I'm better off with nothing at all than half assing it.