• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who still owns their first gun?

I still have mine, Browning A-Bolt Hunter in 30.06. Bought used off the consignment rack in my local sporting goods store. Great rifle, think I'll keep holding on to it...

Bought it in 08 when I was 21. STI Gp6 (Grandpower K100 mk6). Carried it as a concealed carry for awhile. Still shoot it on a regular basis.
20200201_142030.jpg

Last edited:
I still own all my guns ?

- Sako P94S Hunter
- Sako 75 SS 30-06
- Tikka T3 CTR 20” .260 Remington

Good ole H&R 20 gauge single shot....weighs nothing...kicks like a mule...even with bird shot. Only reason I still own this piece of crap is because my dad gave it to me as a kid. It sits way way way in the back of the safe.

I have my Ruger Single Six that was a gift from my mom & dad when I was 13. I still shoot it & used it to shoot frogs while walking along the train tracks in the 1970s.

i had my bolt action Marlin .22, but gave it to my brother. He got mad at me & sold it for $50.

I was gifted a BL-22 when I was a baby. My dad took possession of it until I was of age. I spent many a hour walking around our property with a pocket of 22 shells. One of my favorite guns to shoot to this day. I’ll try to post pics sometime.

Reactions: camocorvette
Remington 700 PSS in 308 back in 2003...scraped together funds from my couch cushions over a few months to buy it...it’s now an M40A5 but I still have the original barrel and stock from its PSS days.

Chipmunk 22LR, prob when i was 5-6 circa 1983 +/-

brothers got marlin 39's with a mag...i was so jealous but those were way to big for me.

single shot pull back firing pin, was so hard as a kid i was only good for 8-10 shots and my thumb would give out .

tiny hole in the peep, its a blurry splotch never mind the post and ball up front that i could just remove my eyes are so bad now. lol

stock pic but its the same...

1580658033875.png

edit:

my spoiled kids first rifle (actually still mine)...vudoo 22lr in a AX chassis with a March 10-60 HM in a spuhr, with a atlas to boot.

thinking about it next time we go shooting im bringing the old chipmunk out of retirement

I still have my Marlin bolt action 8 round magazine fed cheapo rifle purchase for $43.00 at K-Mart, I was 13 and now 60. I have a co-worker with a son who needs a open sight rifle to learn on and will be gifting it to him!

Reactions: deltawiskey
I still have my Marlin bolt action 8 round magazine fed cheapo rifle purchase for $43.00 at K-Mart, I was 13 and now 60. I have a co-worker with a son who needs a open sight rifle to learn on and will be gifting it to him!
What a great feeling that must be...To give a young man your first rifle, and now it is his : )
I hope he appreciates and treasures it just as you have!
DW

I still the 20ga. 870 my dad gave me when I was 10 and the 700 .243 when I was 11. I was a lucky kid. We hunted and fished year round. What I would give for that again.

Ruger MK II .22lr Slabside match pistol. I still have it and shoot it regularly. Funny thing is, I think the next 5 or so guns have all come and gone but that first one is still around with no plans to part from it.

I do! Remington Nylon-77 in .22lr. It's killed many a squirrel and rabbit! Pops got it for me when I was 10(?) or so, now my son and daughter shoot it.

Reactions: Lesch
Still have mine; single shot 20 gauge made by Riverside Arms Co., in Chicopee Falls, MA. Got it when I was 10, my dad bought it in a antique store in Maine. My second was a Rossi pump 22 with a 16” barrel. I wore the bluing off the bottom of the action I’ve used it so much. The sights are pretty rough, but I seem to be able to hit whatever I’m shooting at with it; probably has something to do with the rounds I’ve put through it, something north of 10,000. I still have it too.
Any idea where to find a firing pin for a Riverside arms 12 gauge single shot?

Daisy pistol. It was my dad's first 70 years ago. It will still fire but you can out walk the bb. Still have the first shotty otasco 410 by Stevens. 27$ new. My first deer rifle remmy 700 243. When I moved to a 308 my 3 younger brothers each used it then all our kids. It has probably accounted for 50+ whitetails. I got it back when the youngest left it in a toolbox and it rusted up. I rebuilt the rifle and will give it to my daughter this Xmas. She won't hunt with it (she loves her 350 legend) but maybe her kids will someday. After the rebuild:
20210404_202749.jpg

I do browning hi power 1988 (need to take a photo)

only have sold one gun and plan on buying a replacement soon Wather TPH was the wife’s while she was in college

Got my first 22 WMR in 1973, from my dad old mossberg had to buy the magazines from Numrich Arms. Still have it.

Got my first deer rifle Savage Model 99, in 300 savage. Was my dad's first deer rifle also. Still have it

Will never get rid of them.

My first airgun, a Crosman 2100, eventually plumb wore out. I believe I tossed it. I still have my first firearm though, a Ruger Mark II slabside. I will likely always have it. It's funny, the five or so next guns after that have all come and gone.

Had a Remington spa tactical in 308. Nothing special but it was my first. Sold it here years ago, wish I could have it back.

My dad bought me a Marlin 25N when I was 10ish. It’s still in my safe and I put another couple hundred rounds through it a couple weeks ago.

The first gun I bought was a Mosin-Nagant from 1943 straight out of the cosmoline crate. Still in my safe, but finished my second (and so far final) spam can a couple years ago.

I kind of have several “firsts”.

My dad still has the first gun I shot, an Ithaca 49, but I’ll be getting that when he’s gone. Hopefully not for a good number of years still…

The first gun I actually owned was given to me by an old roommate, a Rossi m88 revolver. She was moving to Texas and didn’t want to take it in her truck, through Colorado, Oklahoma, & Texas. I told her she wouldn’t have any problems but she was set on not taking it. She said she didn’t want anything in her truck to be a potential problem so she left it with me.

The first gun I actually purchased was about 5yrs ago so of course I still have it. A Remington 700 bdl .30-06. It shoots pretty good but I’ve been bitten by the mod bug. I’ve already put a triggertech in it. Next thing is a new stock. I’d love to get a Strike Nuke but I’ll probably just get a Bravo. Then some sort of switch barrel system, either a barloc or just a barrel nut setup.

Couple of edits: I was thinking that the statement above about getting a Bravo may sound like I’m throwing shade at it. I’m definitely not, I will treat a Bravo just like any other upgrades. I just like the aesthetics of the Strike Nuke better

And OP gets a like from me mostly because of his beautiful meat in his avatar pic.

Last edited:
Benjamin .22 cal pump from 1968 and my first real firearm a Ruger 10/22 from 1974. Both rifles are 100% functional, that air rifle taught me a lot about hunting and shooting skills, it dropped a significant number of gray squirrels. Good Times. (y)

My "first" is a Smith & Wesson 625-3 45cal Revolver ... bought at the Marine Corps Exchange at MCRD San Diego in 1984 ... when I was a Sergeant going through Recruiting School. It's been babied, and is in perfect condition. I might sell it someday ... but not today.

1638974310063.png

Just came across this thread, and it brings back some great memories. I still have a 1960s Marlin single-shot .22 lr that I received for my 10th birthday. As a youngster, I took many squirrels with that rifle. I also have the first centerfire I purchased on my own (a M700 BDL in .243 Win). I mowed a ton of lawns to save the $$$ for that rifle, and I've taken more deer than I can count with it, several varmints, and my daughter took her first deer with it last season.........puts a smile on my face every time I think about it.

My "first" is a Smith & Wesson 625-3 45cal Revolver ... bought at the Marine Corps Exchange at MCRD San Diego in 1984 ... when I was a Sergeant going through Recruiting School. It's been babied, and is in perfect condition. I might sell it someday ... but not today.

View attachment 7756302

Dangerous - no lock - has it ever just gone off on its own?

I don't have my first gun (a Mossberg 9200 mistake) but I still have my first handgun, a S&W 637-1.

Yup. Still have mine.. and every other I have acquired since my teenage years. I don't like to sell things. I hate that seller's regret feeling..

Have all of my first guns.

First gun was a 20ga single shot. Next a 22lr Marlin 25 bolt gun. Still use it.

Next was the first gun I ever bought. A sporterized Mauser in 3006. Paid $225 for it...about 11 weeks of mowing grass for a neighbor. Haven't used it in a while now. Heavy sucker...awful trigger. Just kinda moved on to more purposeful hunting rifles.

Figured if I ever have kids they will get to use them.

First firearm I owned was a Rizzini O/U shotgun that I don't own anymore. However, I still own the first rifle I ever bought: FN Commercial 98 in 9.3x62

First rifle that I ever owned was a Remington Model 12 that my grandfather bought mail-order way back, My Dad shot the rifle as a kid and it was given to me when I was 8 years old. The rifle was on a cheap K-Mart gunrack that was on my wall above my bed and got used almost every day after school when I had enough money to buy ammo. I still have that rifle today. I took it out to the range with me and my youngest son two years ago. My youngest was 13 and had never shot the rifle. He has a Ruger 10/22 and Remington 513T. Once he shot that model 12 he instantly fell in love, and could not believe how accurate that little rifle was. So I guess it will be passed down to him

Reactions: sandwarrior
I don’t own my first gun anymore, but I do still own my first bolt action. It is a sporter K98 that was built by a smith local to me that has since past names Cliff Houston. It’s in 30/06 with a BSA barrel. It’s a light rifle that’s easy to pack and is a tack driver. Still has the crunchy military trigger but is a phenomenal little hunting rifle.

Attachments

• FA4BB74D-722C-453E-9C6A-5ADEE2CA2AB5.jpeg
    FA4BB74D-722C-453E-9C6A-5ADEE2CA2AB5.jpeg
    467.4 KB · Views: 30
  • B33782BF-49F8-4D60-8A42-4B9BA442FCDF.jpeg
    B33782BF-49F8-4D60-8A42-4B9BA442FCDF.jpeg
    598.5 KB · Views: 22
me first pistol , first rifle , and first bb gun w scope sadly it does not work anymore .

H&R single shot 410 from my grandfather, still kills up to 30 pineys a year. My first purchase Colt 6" KC in 357, $350.00, still have that too, and the box.