• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Whoopin ass works, timeouts dont.

JBNj

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2013
Central Jersey
I'm sure plenty of members here have atleast once experienced the wrath of god through your parents while taking a whoopin for something you did wrong. I know I have, my mom and anything she could grab including the kitchen sink. Has it straighten me out? I'm a firm believer it has.

One persons perspective. Whooping ass vs. Timeout. - YouTube

Ass whoopins work! Just ask my daddy. I would be acting a retard and my Father would apply one of those corrective apple sticks and next thing you know I am pleasant well mannered young man minding my business. About 4 weeks later we would repeat the process.

My ass should be growing apples for as many apple sticks that have graced the bark of my perk fine tookus

My 23 year old daughter only took ONE ass whooping to scare her straight for the rest of her life. My younger daughter has yet to do anything that has deserved one like that, but my older daughter STILL cautions her to avoid the "ass-whoopin' from Dad". She still remembers it from when she was 3 years old. Do it once, do it right. If they deserved it more, they would have gotten it more.

I had to set my own Mom straight on my preferred method of raising my kids and for her to mind her business. I also had to remind her of how my Dad straightened me out!

Many, MANY years ago when there were still paper boys who rode bicycles to deliver the evening paper, I hid in the bushes and knocked him off his bike with a rock. Of course I was rather proud of my marksmanship with a rock....at least until Dad got home and heard the story about his dumb ass kid knocking the poor paper boy off his bike with a rock. Sure, I got a licking for it, but deep down, I knew damned well that I deserved it.

Even as a kid I could tell that my father hated administering that licking. Years later I found out that my Father's Father used to beat him horribly, and he swore he would never treat his child like that. It was then that I understood the kind of love it must have taken for my father to administer that licking. Even though he swore he would never treat his children like his Father treated him, he knew he had to do the right thing, no matter how much it bothered him to do it.

My Mom used to get compliments every where she, my 2 brothers and I went. Church, the store, restaurants, family gatherings, it didn't matter. Only my brothers and I knew our Mom kept a belt in the car for when we got outta hand. She whooped our butts when we deserved it and it made me who I am today. I try to walk the straight and narrow because I know if I screw up, there will be consequences.

Ass whoopins work! Just ask my daddy. I would be acting a retard and my Father would apply one of those corrective apple sticks and next thing you know I am pleasant well mannered young man minding my business. About 4 weeks later we would repeat the process.

My ass should be growing apples for as many apple sticks that have graced the bark of my perk fine tookus

If you think an apple stick was bad you never got hedgerow sticks. Everywhere a leaf had been there was a little raised point. A good lick from that would leave one long stripe, punctuated with dozens of little red whelps. I would take a belt anyday to hedgerow sticks. We would run but I can remember my granny standing there in the front door with her arms crossed saying " You got to come home for dinner sometime boys...might as well get it over with."

It never worked for me.......................just taught me not to get caught, just saying...........

^^^^ But some how they always found out.

The old three foot long old weathered garden hose hurt like a mother f$&@r left welts. The swoosh and whistle of that hose brought terror to us as kids. My Sadistic older bro purposely got me I trouble just to listen to my screams as I was getting whacked. Payback was always great when Bro got it back along with the taunting and laughing.

Made it 5 seconds into the vid before cutting off that annoying sounding voice. Anyways, in my case getting the belt didn't work. Endure a few seconds of pain and go on my merry way and continue getting into trouble. The only thing I feel that shaped me up was when I became a dad when I was 16. It's amazing how fast you mature when a baby enters the picture.

Last edited:
My mom and my grandmother use to use whatever was in reach. Frying pan, spatchela, wooden spoon. Didn't take too many of those ass whoopins to set me strait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made it 5 seconds into the vid before cutting off that annoying sounding voice. Anyways, in my case getting the belt didn't work. Endure a few seconds of pain and go on my merry way and continue getting into trouble. The only thing I feel that shaped me up was when I became a dad when I was 16. It's amazing how fast you mature when a baby enters the picture.

If it didn't work you didn't get enough lashes or they didn't have any putty behind them. My Dad had big stove pipe arms and my legs would bleed 1/2 the time. The other 1/2 they would have big welts. I was a strong willed/stubborn kid and that it what it took to get my attention.
There was never a day I got an ass whoopin that I didn't deserve. There was never an ass whoopin givin that I didn't submit. Believe me...I tried to hold out but Dad knew my threshold and always kept one extra for effect.
I love him to this very day for it.

I am almost 50 years old and still can remember the sound a leather belt makes coming out of the loops of a pair of Levi jeans. I could hear that sound from two blocks. A large gulp and the friends would ask what did I do now. I got my share but I knew what line to not cross or there would be a consequence. I raised my children to know that line and what to expect if they did. I was never embarrassed in public by my children and many times the wife and I were complimented on the behavior of our children. Once a man told me that they only behaved because they feared me. I laughed and said that they had better fear me. He asked why? I asked him what prevented him from robbing a bank. He said he didn't want to go to jail. HMMM scared of the consequences?

Ass whoppings worked with me until the day I got bigger than my dad and shoved him. I remember the shocked look on his face and he never raised a hand to me again.

Remember when an American teenager living in Singapor spray painted several cars and got caught. the authorities sentenced him to be "caned" for his efforts. Our President, Mr. Clinton tried to intervene in the matter. I was never so imbarressed for my country. Why? because Singapor has a system that "works"! We don't! Their crime rate is almost non-existent. I'll bet after that young man received his punishment he never ever thought about picking up another can of spray paint.

Last edited:
As the father of two reasonably well behaved children, I would say timeouts work. Reasoning works, explaining why in their terms works. Taking away the tv works. No child is ever going to be perfect. Neither is any parent. I am not perfect, neither are you. If this ass-woopin works so well then how come it has to be done so often?

Personality. Some learn...some never learn. some go to prison because of it...some go more than once. it's mental deficiency. to those, I do not feel sorry for. It's their problem and by their choice. It's join the civil society or be corrected by civil society. Behavior in this country, at least, is getting worse.

To Diverdon, it doesn't have to be done so often if you do it right. Some children don't need whoopins. My wife has never had one in her life, but she was brought up to be respectful, and she listened and learned from her parents, unlike the rest of us that need our fanny's tanned every once in a while.
Most children's problem is that they can't hear very well. Their ears are clogged up with ear wax. If you heat their ass up about 20 degrees, the ear wax will melt and run out and then they can hear just fine.
If you think I'm joking, just go out in public. Go to the mall and look at all the kids who have grown up in our PC world. They've never been spanked, know they won't get spanked and don't care. They are mouthy, rude, and disrespectful. I think most of them have an ear wax problem........

As the father of two reasonably well behaved children, I would say timeouts work. Reasoning works, explaining why in their terms works. Taking away the tv works. No child is ever going to be perfect. Neither is any parent. I am not perfect, neither are you. If this ass-woopin works so well then how come it has to be done so often?

In todays society I so agree with Don, but everything hinges on whether the child can reason or be brought to your way of thinking, not all can, and that's when problems arise. But of coarse not all parents rely on this method. I believe I would have been better off with this method, instead of the ass blisterings I got. I still live by the theory that respect is earned and just someone's mere presence doesn't cut it with me.

Today's society agrees with Don. It's not working.

I surely don't disagree with that statement. But I think it's not the method, but a general lack of any parenting? Even amongst well to do families, never the less inner city kids.

Justin "fucking" Bieber comes to mind.

Last edited:
I surely don't disagree with that statement. But I think it's not the method, but a general lack of any parenting? Even amongst well to do families, never the less inner city kids.

Justin "fucking" Bieber comes to mind.
I agree that there is a total lack of parenting in a lot of kids lives. When I was coaching high school football, we had one Mom who would throw parties for her son who was on the team, with a bunch of other players there AND she would provide the alcohol for them. Cops would get called and she would talk her way out of letting the cops inside. How she got away with this is beyond me!

Her reasoning was that "they weren't out who knows where, doing who knows what." Like a lot of people that have kids, she wanted to be their friend rather than their parent.

I've yet to see a "timeout" work as effectively as a butt whoopin. I have friends that use that method with their kids and it always, "I just can't get them to listen, I don't know why?" It's TO after TO. The kid runs the house and the parents just throw their hands up. The latest one was, "I can't get him to go to bed till midnight." AND this kid has preschool to go to at 820a.m.! So I asked, "how do you get him to bed finally?" She says, "he just falls asleep and I take him to bed. I'm SO tired in the morning and he's always cranky when I get him up for school." Well, NO FUCKIN WONDER! she asks what time my kids go to bed and I say 830 and then asks, "how?" I put them to bed, I don't ask if they are tired yet.

I wish I was the perfect parent, but I'm not. I'm just doing what I think will help my kids in the long run. Have respect for people and their things and know that everything you do has consequences.

My dad wore cowboy boots with the roach killer tips , I had been kicked in the rear so many times as a teenager by him ....I coulda swore I had a triangle asshole . I deserved it ! Now they got child abuse charges on the football player from Texas cause he used a "switch " to whip his child .....shit my grandmother used to beat us with the whole fucking tree ! LOL

Ass whoppings worked with me until the day I got bigger than my dad and shoved him. I remember the shocked look on his face and he never raised a hand to me again.

Thought someone else would respond, but oh well. Had I ever shoved/raised a hand against my father the result would have been one of us in the hospital. I always knew EXACTLY which one. Same is true of my Sons. Any Father who hasn't the reserves to ,,, ,,,

Enough said.

Bob

If you are big enough to "shove" me you are big enough to move out and handle all our own affairs....right after I show you that you are big enough, but not smart or mean enough to screw with your dad.

Thought someone else would respond, but oh well. Had I ever shoved/raised a hand against my father the result would have been one of us in the hospital. I always knew EXACTLY which one. Same is true of my Sons. Any Father who hasn't the reserves to ,,, ,,,

Enough said.

Bob

I took a swing at my dad once while him and his friends were verbally abusing my younger brother back when I was like 15. I was not in the right frame of mind due to being so angry that I totally missed his face and hit him in the shoulder instead. His counter on the other hand hit dead center on me. He never apologized for what he did to my brother, but seeing the huge bruise I left on his shoulder more than made up for it. Plus, he took us fishing and shooting the next weekend. Guess that was sort of an apology.

I was the youngest of 9. We used to have to get our own switches when needed....ugh. Anyway, being the youngest and dumbest, my next older brother said "next time bring a big/large limb, wont sting so bad". Sounded reasonable to me. Well I used his advice one fateful day, my mother was furious. She thought I was making fun of her. Damn him, LOL

Here is a link to an old thread on the Hide on protection dogs. On this thread we heard from some people who sounded to me like real experts. I think there developed a consensus that if you were a serious trainer of protection dogs you would never hit, yell at or abuse a dog, particularly a German Shepard Dog. My recollection of the thread was that you should train these dogs with positive reinforcement of desired behaviors. http://www.snipershide.com/shooting/bear-pit/231695-protection-dogs.html If you can keep a calm temper and a n even demeanor you can train a German Shepard Dog to do anything for you, using only positive reinforcement.

If that is the case then why do our children need to be beaten with sticks and belts? I am not trying to be a jerk about it, I understand every situation is different, and I understand that there are some things you (or I) simply can not allow, no matter what we have to do to stop it. But, a lot of the time when people hit their children they are acting out of their own frustration and not acting in a sincere measured just fashion. If some one is hitting a child because the child's behavior has angered them then they are wrong.

You think giving a time out is easy. If my three year old knows he did something wrong it is, but if he thinks he is right he will battle you for his freedom. First I have to get him calmed down, then I have to explain to him so he understands, why what he did was wrong, then he will take the time out. Otherwise, I need to stand in the corner with him and hold him there. Guess what spanking would be easier.

A painters gotta have more than one brush. Whippins, time outs, extra work, extra exercise, extra school work, less fun shit, letting their friends know how they fucked up, field trips to see what happens to fuck ups, extra trips to see boring relatives, extra fun shit as a reward. Parenting is just working on a masterpiece by way of punishment and reward.

If you ever want to see exactly what your parents did or didn't do for you go mentor a foster child.

I was a pretty bad kid, stubborn as a mule. My mother raised me and my three siblings by herself. She tried to discipline me, but she couldn't whip me hard enough and time outs were more of a joke to me than anything else. I wasted my youth and education being a dumbass, and to this day, wish I would have had someone there to really put a whipping on me. I didn't straighten out until I joined the military, and quickly learned to get with the program, even though I tried to buck the system at first.

Every kid is different, and all approaches need to be looked at when it comes to discipline. Some just need a stern talking to, others are motivated by positive reinforcement, and sometimes kids like me need to be broke a little to get their head in the game.

We used to have a big clump of bamboo growing in the back yard. Ouch...

The spankings quit working the day I got one I didn't deserve. I was so mad about it I promised myself I wouldn't cry...so I didn't. My mom kept whipping and whipping to get a reaction out of me. Then she realized what she was doing, and she started crying. She never spanked me again.

My father spanked me a few times, but he quickly realized that he got more mileage from a straight forward explanation than any form of punishment. He also knew I was a spiteful little fucker, and pay-backs were a bitch. He and I were a lot alike that way.

If you think an apple stick was bad you never got hedgerow sticks. Everywhere a leaf had been there was a little raised point. A good lick from that would leave one long stripe, punctuated with dozens of little red whelps. I would take a belt anyday to hedgerow sticks. We would run but I can remember my granny standing there in the front door with her arms crossed saying " You got to come home for dinner sometime boys...might as well get it over with."

^^^^ But some how they always found out.

MtnCreek, I do not have any argument with that. Tell me this, when you reed all of these posts supporting whoopins, do you see some cases where it sounds more like the parent just needed an outlet for their own anger and frustrations than the kid really needed a whoopin for his own benefit?

TheJeep, I think you said it much better than I could have. A painter needs more than one brush. IMHO some brushes should be used less and more carefully than others. If you use the wrong brush at the wrong time you could rune the painting.

Please do not think I am trying to be some holy shit and teach Ya all how to be parents. I am trying to be the best parent I can my self. This thread has helped me work through a lot of ideas.

All kids are different, Some you can look at cross eyed and they will cry. Some you'll need to light their ass up. I have given out some ass whoopins. All things in measured response. They are outa college in college in jr high. They have been/are on the high honor/deans list. I attribute this to having discipline.

We had a very good principal in high school. He could bust ass with the best of them. I still have respect for this man and his kind. They are something to aspire to be like. Fair and strict all at once.

Now my father used a rubber hose he had from our fish tanks. It was 30 inches long 1.250 diameter and about .100 wall thickness. I guess you could say it was the dead blow hammer of ass whoopin.
I've had it all, willow switch, leather belt, buckle end, bailing wire, barbed wire, weed hook(the kind you use to cut weeds outa beans), hot wheels track, and so on. btw the hose was King
I guess we were slow learners.lol

R

Before a whippin my dad would always say "Son, this is going to hurt me a lot more than it hurts you." I was a skeptical kid, but now that I've grown I get it.

I would send my kinds into their room to think about the ass whipping they were going to get. Then I would go in and talk to them about what they did wrong, years later they all confessed they wish I would of just whipped their asses straight away instead of all the contemplation.

I was beat with a canoe paddle, not wishing that on anyone, I would spank my kids but the sound was worse than the sting, so I have been told.

I remember in our neck of the woods, were everyone knew everyone , in the wilder teens even the deputys were friends with parents ,if they caught you up to no good they would take a belt to you, then take your butt home ,tell your daddy what they caught you doing and what action they took and usally watched while you got it again from your dad , then dad would turn around and thank the deputy! lmol

I got the belt from Mom and Dad, Grandfather, and Paddled at school more times then I remember. Great Aunt in her 90's boy she would get a switch and try and chase us down!!! Me and my cousins did something we tied one up to the cloths line or something I don't remember, she picked up a tree branch that she was dragging telling us she was going whip our butts. When that was over she would make us clean her spittoons. She dipped that glass jar snuff that was powdery.....I still cant stand the smell of chew and or snuff to this day, and its been many years ago. I deserved every last whipping I got, and the couple I didn't I always assumed it was making up for something I didn't get caught doing.....

I used to slap my kid's asses and anything else I could figure out such as extra work and chores, those work pretty good and none of my kids or grandkids have made it thus far in life without Red Butt from Grandpa.
Many years ago I figured out that misbehavior is caused by Vitamin Deficiency.
That's right, VITAMIN DEFICIENCY!!!
Now the best thing I could come up with that has all of those vitamins is COD LIVER OIL.
Set the offender down and explain what they did was wrong and they don't have enough vitamins so that is why they acted out or made ass or whatever and here is a bunch of vitamins to help you out.
Put a bag on their lap in case they hurl or expel whatever fluids and let them know they will not leave where they are to go to the bathroom or wherever.
Give them a large tablespoon of COD LIVER OIL and pinch their nose shut so they have to swallow. Stand to the side when you do this as you do not want that wretched shit on you. Make them sit and savor for 5-20 minutes depending on the infraction, then let them go. Make sure they know you have more if it comes up.
This will get their attention, and the next time they start to act the fool, ask them loudly,"Do you have a vitamin deficiency?"
All B/S will end, or repeat the dose.
All of my kids begged for a whoopin instead of getting "CODDED."
Try it yourself. You will understand. Better living from vitamins. Regards, FM

I've swung at my dad once, and I hope I never do it again.

He used to have anger problems and he threw my sister across the room. I don't regret the swing, but our relationship is better now.

I have heard that for some kids, getting spanked, or getting a whupping is easier to take than parental rejection and disappointment. Following the whupping, it is all over. The other way, they have to live with it for much longer, and waiting for whatever punishment they know they deserve is often worse than getting it, and having it all over with.

But abuse is altogether a different conversation.

Physical punishment while angry only teaches violence. It looks too much like revenge. Need to keep open communication with the young person. It's the only way they will "hear" what you are saying. Screaming and ranting usually falls on deaf ears. If you can't maintain respect for each other you are wasting your time. It's truly a sad comentary when father and son trade blows, someone has failed in the process and too many times those scars never heal. My father and I had a great relationship up until he passed. He spanked me a few times but only after sitting down and discussing my short coming in a civil manner. He did it out of duty, not anger. And after he warmed my britches a little he always told me he still loved me. I have told a couple friends that the respect I had for my Dad was such that even as an adult If my father felt I needed a butt warming I would probably laugh and let him do it.

Last edited:
I got caned at school either with a proper cane or a rubgy boot or a cricket wicket or whatever was at hand for the teacher to whack me. it hurt but didn't do shit. Only thing that made any difference to me was when my mother asked me in a quiet voice if I wanted to be the same as my old man. I did not.

It's about motivation in my view. My 3+ year old has pushing the envelope down to a science. I'd get mad, spank etc and it wouldn't do a thing. I'm not about to hurt my kid so what my wife and I have figured out is 'time management for kids'. I say 'the longer you spend being naughty or not eating your dinner etc. the less time you will have for play or reading a book before bedtime.' it was hard at first because he didn't connect the two events but a few 'crying yourself to sleep' sessions and reminders of how upset they got and why and he's making the connection and life's getting easier and he's learning his actions and choices have consequences.

I don't believe on toddlers a 'life changing' beating is either acceptable or productive. Maybe when they're older and they dare say the 'F' word to one of us then the skies will open and foot will be put to ass, but not right now.

I think Shooter McGavin said one of the best pieces of advice to me - 'listen to your kids' give them the attention they deserve when they're trying to connect with you and it will pay off in that they will listen back. I keep that piece of advice in my head whenever I'm getting frustrated as sometimes it's because I'm the one who's distracted and not listening and it's pissing the boy off when all he wants is his dad's attention (this doesn't apply to when I'm driving and he wants me to pick up his Curious George monkey from the floor for the 1,000,000,000th time....).

My father may have spanked me, but if he did it was before I was old enough to remember. He led by example and raised us around church going, hard working, good hearted, honest people. He made sure we were to busy to get in trouble. I am the youngest of six and have a clean record along with my 5 siblings. You don't have to beat a kid to put the fear of god in them, but you can't expect people to take you serious if you are a dipshit. My old man passed away this May and my biggest regret is that my kids will never get to meet the man who made me who I am today, nor will they endure his lectures that would make a grown ass man piss his pants. I hope I can be half the father he was, without having to beat my kid's asses. However, if my kids turn out to be dipshits my old lady has absolutey 0 resrvations about beating their asses with a sorting stick!