• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who's running Allen Engineering cans?

Six Feet Under

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2010
Midwest Ohio
I understand that Ron Allen used to make Ops Inc cans now he is in his own ? Anyone running these cans? Look exact same as ops cans except maybe threading and how far collar is set back? I heard ops inc patents were up and now he is making nice suppressors for less? How are they?

http://www.adcofirearms.com/itemdetails_q.cfm?inventorynumber=1567

I have shot them, great cans. I currently own an Ops Inc 16th model and have been very happy with it. Once I turn 21 I will pick up an AE-30.

Ae30

Really an awesome can. Shoot it without ear pro all day. I could not be more impressed. I bought one of the first ones and am glad I did. I shoot it on a 300win mag and a.308 no noticeable difference between the two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 41
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
They are fantastic suppressors. I have yet to hear a better suppressor on an AR than the OPS INC 12th model.

I have an OPS 3rd model .30 cal that I really like. I mean if this dude used to make the cans for OPS, then I bet they are just about the same thing.. Sound performance etc.

The measurement from the muzzle to the back of the collar is 3". I am not sure the max barrel diameter.

Mike

Last edited:
If your diameter is too big for the collar, just have someone machine the collar in your barrel. In the contour I mean . I had it done on a couple rifles I have for 3rd model. I have m40 contour barrels.

Gotcha, how far past the muzzle does it extend?

For the AE cans, I don't know.. My ops inc 3rd model .30 cal is right at 4.5" from muzzle to the start of the shoulder , I think. From muzzle to exit port of mine is aprox 7". I had to call ops inc and get the blue print for the barrel profiling. I'm sure if you get ahold of AE they would do the same. I would bet every model will be a little different, ya know?... Cause 30 cal cans are bigger than .223 cans.

Really an awesome can. Shoot it without ear pro all day. I could not be more impressed. I bought one of the first ones and am glad I did. I shoot it on a 300win mag and a.308 no noticeable difference between the two.

Put your ears on! Even Ron himself will tell you that shooting centerfire without ear protection is not smart. Prolonged exposure can cause damage even with a suppressor in use!

I am on the fence about getting this can or a thunderbeast for my AI. Talking with Mark at AO, the AE30 needs 2.5" beyond the muzzle. I have heard nothing but great reviews of this can. I'm pretty sure SLED is running Thunderbeast cans and the light weight on my already heavy AI would be easier on the back, but there is just something about the Ops/AE cans that draws me to them.