• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's Shooting the TacPro Lone Star Match Sep 19th

secondstoryguy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2008
Austin, TX
Hello all,
Just wondering if anyone is going to the TacPro Lonestar match in September? I'm going to be there with a buddy. Did it last year, a very humbling experience when the wind kicked up. -JC

Re: Who's Shooting the TacPro Lone Star Match Sep 19th

I'll be at the Team Match at Tiger Valley. A little birdie told me there will be a lot of absentees for this match.

Re: Who's Shooting the TacPro Lone Star Match Sep

Yep, I'd probably be there too if I had someone to shoot it with and I hadn't already committed to the Lone Star match. Next year I'm planning to shoot a lot more at Tiger Valley....

I'm going to Tiger Valley for their match in September.

yeah... you may see a completely different crowd at the next LSSO, we are pretty much supporting S&S at TV for now on

Good to know. I haven't been to Tiger Valley yet, but I've heard nothing but good things and look forward to training there. I've decided I'm going to shoot both.

Thank You Guys for the support at Tiger Valley. I hope to see you and a lot of others there. Please infom friends that shoot to come on down and experience what a long range shoot is. For interest the format will be trap targets at 500 yards now thats a challenge. Just some small stuff to work out but is coming together. Thanks again, Lew and Stick

I missed the last LSSO at TacPro, I heard that they pissed off alot of people there, does anybody know what happened? I'm going to the next LSSO but was curious of what pissed everyone off last match.

Oh, also going to the Tiger Valley shoot.

My buddy and I will be there. We went in the spring of '08 and had a blast. Met a bunch of good guys. I had not heard what happened until we had already sent our money and entry forms in. I am a little leery of what to expect, but hopefully the problems have been corrected and it will run as smoothly as it did the last time we were there. This is one of the only matches that will work with my friend's schedule, so we will give it a shot.(no pun intended) I'll post my experience next week.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddy and I will be there. We went in the spring of '08 and had a blast. Met a bunch of good guys. I had not heard what happened until we had already sent our money and entry forms in. I am a little leery of what to expect, but hopefully the problems have been corrected and it will run as smoothly as it did the last time we were there. This is one of the only matches that will work with my friend's schedule, so we will give it a shot.(no pun intended) I'll post my experience next week. </div></div>

What happened? What problems?

I'll be there these weekend, I'll be the one shooting the 6.5-284 with Lapua stickers on both sides, if you see me say hi.

-X3M

I'll be the big S.O.B. with the ugly GAP rifle. Get inline for Bar B Q before me or you'll be sorry. (hence the name, bigjohnintexas)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be the big S.O.B. with the ugly GAP rifle. Get inline for Bar B Q before me or you'll be sorry. (hence the name, bigjohnintexas) </div></div>

Hey BigJohn, it was nice meeting you. I had a shitload of fun, I would have had more fun if all the relays went as smooth as my first one, but had fun either way.

-X3M

How was it? Who all showed, # of people, and who won it?

They will post the results on the TacPro website in about a week or so.

x3m- Good meeting you as well.

trigger time- There was a five person shoot-off. Most people left before finding out the winner I believe. I'm not sure of the exact count of people, but I only counted two positions without shooters during the comp. Everything went smoothly and everyone seemed to have a good time. The rifle team from Tarleton State University was there to change the targets, and they did a great job. Everything was timely and I attest a lot of that to them.

Good to here it went well. There going to have to change things up a bit to get rid of all that shoot off stuff. Smaller clays, 500 yards or somthing like that.

It was a GREAT match! Everyone was still wearing guns and the R.O. was kind of a dip but it was very well run. The Duke clan ran ruffshod with a 5 way tie. and one of them's wife missed cleaning hers by one target. I ended up 14th, those mini clays gave me fits. The old 7WSM was on her game no excuses here just a few trigger jerks will ruin your day. there is another one this weekend near Abilene.

The tactical (prone) shooters shot VERY well! there were two .338 Lapuas breaking them with sonic booms!!!

Actually there were six people tied with perfect scores.
Denson Ingram won the shootoff, his third LSSO win.
Jason Leavelle was second.
Joe Duke was third.
Sam Duke was fourth.
I am sorry but I cannot remember the other two guys names.
Stephanie Leavelle, Jason's wife and Sam's daughter missed one small clay and ended up in seventh place.
Conditions were just perfect and the match was MUCH better run than the last couple have been.
Usually up there the weather / wind is going to take care of the ties. :>)

Joe

Why don't they just remane it the Duke Shoot.
See you saturday Joe.
Lew

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't they just remane it the Duke Shoot.
See you saturday Joe.
Lew </div></div>

There are 55 or 60 other folks who might object and at least one who objected strongly enough to end up on top Saturday. :>) I am going to give you a break. I cannot make it to Tiger Valley this coming Saturday.

Joe