• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's your favorite YOUTUBEr ?

Alphatreedog

Tier Potato
Minuteman
  • Feb 15, 2017
    Everyone here shoots , maybe reloads , some compete , some High Speed Low Drag guys . YOUTUBE has all of those from informational like Elfster to entertaining look at me like instructor Zero .
    So who do you check out ? My go to are ;
    Travis Haley for square range drills .
    To many to mention for kit . This one I reason out as to fluff , funtional and purpose . Been there done that guys to basic infantry have different needs .
    Hickok 45 because , well Hickok45 .
    There are tons more but I want to see who you watch and why .
    One last , Corporal's Corner . Pretty good low budget solo camping .

I'll watch youtube but not really for anything gun related. It'll be more of 'how to fix X' or 'heres how we managed to get Y to work'.

Main reasons are because the vast majority of channels are complete fucking shills who will shape the argument to steer people in their direction as they want to indirectly have you buy whatever the fuck they are 'reviewing'. I've seen it a thousand times, and if you don't know about these things in depth, their bullshit rationale would make total sense to most people, even though its wrong.

Coming in after that are all the tacticool gamers who look cool and do fast drills and speed up the camera or do 75 takes so they can get some retarded par time. Usually very little substance or 'why' and more 'look at how fast I am, look at this awesome mag holder I use'. Not saying anything bad about people like that Lucas TRex guy or whatever, but I'd love to see what happens with his fast fucking reloads and 12 yard shooting when all of a sudden someone yells contact left.

Then you have the shit that should just be illegal because it'll get someone killed and/or is so fucking stupid that it needs to die in a firery auto crash. I specifically tell people who want to learn how to combat shoot to NOT fucking watch youtube. Like ever. Because of exactly this dumb shit ranging from range theatrics where people are literally muzzle flagging everyone the entire time, to drills that are beyond stupid, to dumb shit like that whole 'pull your pistol back into your chest after shooting' thing that literally tells me that you know somewhere between Fuck and All about actually shooting.

Then theres chicks with guns who are so cool/so strong/so awesome, and in reality, they're dumb skanks who dropped out of college and can't actually shoot worth a shit.

Then theres whats left over. That Corporal's Corner is actually pretty good; he goes into shit WAY more than I'd ever expect to use. I did like that he dug a full fighting position in the desert once though lol We could hang out. Other guy who is straightforward and while sponsored doesnt come across as a total fucking shill is MrGunsNGear.

eta - Forgot about KKkkkaaaaaaaaarrrrrllllllll not being bad either.

Last edited:
    Reactions: myronman3 and ...
    I generally apply the Black Belt methodology to this stuff . Don't disregard out of hand . Try to prove that a technique is sound . Even if not sound try to gleen what nuggets you can . " This you have made your own " .

Reactions: Boon20
    Small Arms Solutions
    Iraqiveteran8888
    Colion Noir
    Larry Vickers
    Alabama Arsenal
    Garland Thumb (on occasion)
    6.5 Guys. They seem to be done
    Ultimate Reloader
    Fun Politics: Paul Joseph Watson

Sage Dynamics is about the only one I can stomach on the regular. He seems like a legitimate teacher in his videos and doesn't go *too* fanboi with the kit he evals.

Reactions: Tono and Badfinger
    Iragveteran8888 is the real deal . I've seen him at a few pro2A rallies . He walks the walk . Same with Dick Heller of Heller vs DC .

Johnny’s reloading bench and InRangeTV are my favorites.

T.Rex Arms does some interesting stuff
    Any mrgunsngear videos about 2A news. Sometimes his reviews are ok since he seems to answer more of my questions than most reviewers.

The Social Regressive and Military Arms Channel are ok sometimes

I used to watch Hickock45 and IV8888, but I think I’ve outgrown alot of what they do and it’s just not that informative or entertaining anymore. I agree they’re great for the 2A community though.

Pat Mcnamara is legit and scary as fuck . He is what I would envision from the late eighties early nineties Super Soldier program . They took some best of the best , genetically superior types and juiced em wit rhoids and training . Went nowhere . And he is still scary .

I quit watching YouTube several months ago, after I realized how much time I wasted on there, as well as getting fed up with the liberal propaganda.
    But my favorite was Active Self Protection. IV8888 and Hickok45 are top notch.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
    Warrior Poet Society
    Tactical Rifleman
    Mr Guns n Gear
    Iraqveteran8888
    Hickok45
    Pat Mcnamarw
    Travis Haley
    Corporal's Corner
    Man I want to like Mike Glover cuz he's a good guy but his content is wanting .
    Tons of others in ref to dry fire , drills , reloading , kit etc.

...too bad Karl is a SJW faggot whos friends with Antifa members...

I like the mud tests, and the competition content and commentary are the most useful I've seen on youtube.

I've heard him say a few things that are questionable, in his historical content, but nothing to that extreme. Are you reading between the lines, or is there something overt he's said that you can link to?

Personal favorites:
    Johnny's reloading bench
    Military Arms channel
    Nutnfancy
    Forgotten weapons
    Bolt action reloading
    Demolition ranch
    Hickok45
    Gavintoobe

I watch content from others, but these are the main ones I follow.

I like the mud tests, and the competition content and commentary are the most useful I've seen on youtube.

I've heard him say a few things that are questionable, in his historical content, but nothing to that extreme. Are you reading between the lines, or is there something overt he's said that you can link to?
    he was posting a support for removing of monuments, and did a whole #muted bullshit where white people couldnt speak or upload content so they could elevate "black voices".

and Karl is good friends with Deviant Ollam, who is a run of the mill neckbeard antifa cock smuggler

he was posting a support for removing of monuments, and did a whole #muted bullshit where white people couldnt speak or upload content so they could elevate "black voices".

and Karl is good friends with Deviant Ollam, who is a run of the mill neckbeard antifa cock smuggler
    I stopped because he supported the covid lunacy, plus I don't like his attitude much overall.

Well damn.
    I had never heard of deviant ollam but reading a handful of tweets is plenty to convince me he's a disgusting SOB.

Colion noir
    Demolition ranch
    Warrior poet society
    Lunkers tv
    Gavin toobe
    Johnny's reloading bench
    Black coffee rifle company (i think that's the correct channel name)

Other times I just search the name of a rifle or shooting discipline im interested in or something calibre specific.

YouTube is unfortunately heavily involved in censoring gun content and its getting to the point where im going to say fuck YouTube, I refuse to support their platform, but that means taking food out of the mouths of good people who create quality content.

Its a nasty conundrum

My favorite general YouTube channel is GMM with Rhett & Link. As for gun related channels, the one I watch most is Forgotten Weapons. I kinda been into watching Kentucky Ballistics as of late, but Scott is kind of annoying how he's always gotta act so impressed with hard kicking guns when he already knows what the recoil is gonna be like, but has to turn into Gomer Pyle with the whole "gooooolly!" thing. I really miss FPSRussia because even though he was a gimmick, he was entertaining but never obnoxious. Then again I am biased because I known of Kyle when he was just FPSKyle before FPSRussia.

IV8888
    Paul Harrell
    Corporals Corner
    Forgotten Weapons
    Guns and Gadgets

I wish this content was on Rumble instead of YT. IV8888 has moved some of his vids to that platform.

IV8888
    Paul Harrell
    Corporals Corner
    Forgotten Weapons
    Guns and Gadgets

I wish this content was on Rumble instead of YT. IV8888 has moved some of his vids to that platform.
    The problem with any platform beside YT is getting people to move or use the new platform. Many have tried to dual post on YT and another platform, and few follow so the new platform dies. YT sucks for gun content, but it is the beast we are suck with unless there is a good alternative with a large audience. I know forgotten weapons is on Floatplane as well, but that is as much about monetization as alternate platform.

Reactions: Campguy308
    Shlowight to see the fights in comments
    Markandsam afterwork
    Marcus Olsson
    FinnAccuracy
    Long range with the Lilly’s (great content)
    Phil Velayo
    Covertnoob5 (great prs gear reviews)
    Modern day sniper

The problem with any platform beside YT is getting people to move or use the new platform. Many have tried to dual post on YT and another platform, and few follow so the new platform dies. YT sucks for gun content, but it is the beast we are suck with unless there is a good alternative with a large audience. I know forgotten weapons is on Floatplane as well, but that is as much about monetization as alternate platform.
    Agree. There was an attempted movement away from Fakebook after the fraudulent election and censorship thing. It lasted about 2.5 days. People wont give up or change anything within their social media comfort zone.

Reactions: kyzim311
    In order of how they came to my mind as I was typing this, not necessarily preference...

Forgotten Weapons- The vast number of crazy, cool, and just weird firearms that have been produced- commercially- is truly staggering.

Alec Steele- This kid's drive and love for what he does is mind blowing. I wish 1/2 of the US work force had 1/2 the drive he does. Truly, the kind of foreign labor we need to be importing into this country. If i have to chose a "favorite," this is it.

This Old Tony- I can't really explain my YouTube preferences. I'm not a black smith (See above). I'm not a machinist. But, watching people make stuff is really cool- especially when the product- both the actual item and the video- are superb. See below.

Fireball Tools- Another I can't explain. You could can fit my motley assortment of tools in a small roll-around tool chest, and my need for tools is generally smaller than my acumen with them. But, this guy puts out top quality Youtube content.

C&Arsenal- This is one of those that I can turn on and just let play in the background. Lots of good history and cool old rifles. I'm not sure what gives May the street cred to opine on what makes for a good infantry weapon. The videos are generally superbly edited.

Anvil- Mark Novak, just another skilled professional plying his trade. Repairing, restoring, conserving, and bringing back from the dead cool old firearms. No "assembly" here. This appears to be actual gunsmithing, though I'm not a gunsmith.

InRange- I like the match stuff- especially when they put the weirder guns to the test on the clock. But, Karl is way, WAY, full of himself. From what I can tell, neither he nor Ian have been in the military (and neither have I). But, that doesn't stop either of them from anointing the best tool(s) for the job. Karl can keep his self-absorbed SJW bloviating to himself- and he seems to be getting worse and worse about this. Is Youtube "fame" going to his head?

Chewjitsu- Must have mentality/attitude/ego-check for long term success in a martial arts/MMA gym. And, some really great technique content as well.

Channels I generally don't watch?

IV8888- I can't really put my finger on the "why," but everything here is "cringy" on some level. YMMV
    MrGnG- I guess this one is okay, but seems a little shillish on occasion. Also, there tends to be a low information content to video length ratio. Not NutnFancy low, but not great either. I have watched some reviews that I found informative. I don't subscribe to the channel, but may watch a vid if it shows up in the search results.
    MAC- Not entertaining. Not particularly informative. Seems to follow the Chicken Little school of 2A advocacy.
    Hickoc45- Old guy shooting guns. No information. Meh.
    Pretty much any of the 2A advocacy "news" channels. See MAC above.

Last edited:
    Reactions: LeftyJason
    Ewe Tuber?
    potato2.jpg

Oh, and my traditional "Fuck everything Google" goes with it.

MAC- Not entertaining. Not particularly informative. Seems to follow the Chicken Little school of 2A advocacy.

My problem with MAC is he clearly formulates opinions on guns before testing them.....then does "tests" that confirm his opinion

His VP 9 review clearly demonstrates this....he whipped the gun at a log and steel plates to "simulate a hard fall".... Then bitched that parts broke off the gun

He also submerged a gen 4 glock slide in hydrochloric acid and bitched when the finish wore off.....his justification was "the military does corrosion tests".....

Yeah I'm pretty sure they don't dunk guns in acid....

Plus he has an Incredibly punchable face.

In order of how they came to my mind as I was typing this, not necessarily preference...

Forgotten Weapons- The vast number of crazy, cool, and just weird firearms that have been produced- commercially- is truly staggering.

Alec Steele- This kid's drive and love for what he does is mind blowing. I wish 1/2 of the US work force had 1/2 the drive he does. Truly, the kind of foreign labor we need to be importing into this country. If i have to chose a "favorite," this is it.

This Old Tony- I can't really explain my YouTube preferences. I'm not a black smith (See above). I'm not a machinist. But, watching people make stuff is really cool- especially when the product- both the actual item and the video- are superb. See below.

Powerball Tools- Another I can't explain. You could can fit my motley assortment of tools in a small roll-around tool chest, and my need for tools is generally smaller than my acumen with them. But, this guy puts out top quality Youtube content.

C&Arsenal- This is one of those that I can turn on and just let play in the background. Lots of good history and cool old rifles. I'm not sure what gives May the street cred to opine on what makes for a good infantry weapon. The videos are generally superbly edited.

Anvil- Mark Novak, just another skilled professional plying his trade. Repairing, restoring, conserving, and bringing back from the dead cool old firearms. No "assembly" here. This appears to be actual gunsmithing, though I'm not a gunsmith.

InRange- I like the match stuff- especially when they put the weirder guns to the test on the clock. But, Karl is way, WAY, full of himself. From what I can tell, neither he nor Ian have been in the military (and neither have I). But, that doesn't stop either of them from anointing the best tool(s) for the job. Karl can keep his self-absorbed SJW bloviating to himself- and he seems to be getting worse and worse about this. Is Youtube "fame" going to his head?

Chewjitsu- Must have mentality/attitude/ego-check for long term success in a martial arts/MMA gym. And, some really great technique content as well.

Channels I generally don't watch?

IV8888- I can't really put my finger on the "why," but everything here is "cringy" on some level. YMMV
    MrGnG- I guess this one is okay, but seems a little shillish on occasion. Also, there tends to be a low information content to video length ratio. Not NutnFancy low, but not great either. I have watched some reviews that I found informative. I don't subscribe to the channel, but may watch a vid if it shows up in the search results.
    Hickoc45- Old guy shooting guns. No information. Meh.
    Pretty much any of the 2A advocacy "news" channels. See MAC above.
    Powerball tools or fireball tools?

My all-time favorite is "AVE" on youtube. Not really gun related, more just fixing random tools and making shop projects. I've "wasted" hundreds of hours total watching his stuff

Alec makes some awesome knives. I gotta see what he's made lately as I haven't watched him in awhile.

I forgot to add The Chieftain. Historical tank stuff and I've gotten a better grasp of military operations from his answers to Q&A questions.

Reactions: echotango
    Warrior Poet Society
    Joy of Shooting with Kirsten Joy Weiss
    Obviously Frank
    AK47-74 Operators Union
    Travis Kennedy
    Frank who? 🤣

Frank, I'm too pretty to die.

i like watching irish people try shit. especially that one lass (ciara) that drinks better than the lads.