• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why’s is it cool to hate your craft?

Even prostitutes hate their job.
I know some very wealthy people that are very unhappy people.
A long time ago a very wealthy person told me that all the money in the world can't buy happiness. If you aren't happy without money you won't be with it.
I know people that make a lot of money and have a lot of stuff. Keeping up with the Joneses is a racket. They are just like a vast majority of the population. Three paychecks away from bankruptcy. The husband puts in 60 hours a week, the wife puts in forty hours, then shuttles Suzy and Johnny to whatever activities, they eat fast food and pizza cuz no one has time to cook. They pay someone to clean their house and mow the lawn that they only see when they get home after dark and drive into the three car garage.
Are they happy? They think they are because of the propaganda that has been fed to them.

There's a question...
Would you still do your job if you hit the lottery? Like publishers clearing house that pays $10K per week for life.
I think I would still do what I do. I would when I was in town.
Sort of a tricky one, as I live where I am due to work. If I won the lottery, I’d live on or near a beach, which is a good 20hrs away in either direction. I’d like to stay in the same industry, but it wouldn’t be doing what I currently am.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
I like my work. always have. I like what I do when I am not working better. My work provides that and is the reason why I like my work. I will retire sell my practice the exact day I can afford not to work with current lifestyle and do something else, mostly involving more of my current second job.....cows, tractors and guns.

Last edited:
its a tolerance, effort, salary chart

are there jobs that are worse yes
are there jobs that are better yes
are there jobs that dont pay as well yes
are there jobs that pay more yes

there is always a "better job", it just moves the graph percentages around

the graph parameters also change with age and family situations/life

my opinion of work is maximizing the paycheck for the longest period possible "thats my job"

if i like the job or dont like the job it doesnt matter

just my opinion but thats the way im wired

I went to trade school, was a boilermaker, production welder, custom fabricator, delivery driver, robot programmer, department supervisor (2 departments while still welding up my own production hours)

Now I teach the next generation of welders at our local community College. Amazing support from the college. Amazing support from the community. Work with a great group of passionate welders with amazing skill sets.

Now if it ever happened it might be different but if I hit the PowerBar I think I would keep teaching. ( I would teach less for sure) but I truly like going to work and that seems to get more and more rare.

DSCN2612.JPG

DSCN2473.JPG
IMG_2840.jpg

This is the quality of sculpture I did for Bass Pro Shops.
I LOVED IT!

(shameless plug) if any of you need furniture/chandeliers/gates/
IMG_2886.jpg
fixtures/ornamental steel/copper work for your log home... Contact me.
Metal Art 076.jpg

DSCN2334.JPG

Last edited:
I love my work.

I do other stuff (still a part of my original job I love) for the flexibility it affords me as a dad. But still do bedside too.

23 yrs of taking care of the sick and injured.
Just the other day an old lady I was taking care of told me I seemed like I wasn’t at work, even though on hour 62 for the week and getting my butt kicked like no other.
Literally juggling an ICU pt with a huge brain bleed, a patient with perfed diverticulitis, another with a nasty gallbladder, and a couple fresh ambulance trauma activations.

This is my calling.
I even get to pray with my patients if they want.

I would 100% still work if I had all the $$$. Less most likely, only to use that time to give my skills and knowledge in volunteer gigs.
Retirement to me means working less and not needing the $, and If able, will always be doing something in medicine till I go home to Jesus.

I'm in manufacturing. I manage a small diesel generator manufacturing company.
It's difficult to maintain excitement about a product after the design, prototype and test phase. That's the fun part.

After that it's just another pile of parts ordered and assembled, with some occasional hiccups along the way when you can't get parts or a customer doesn't understand how it works or does something to make it not work. I'm mentally ready to retire and spend more time doing what I like to do. Financially - I'm not there yet. So I guess I'll continue to show up every day.

A long time ago a very wealthy person told me that all the money in the world can't buy happiness. If you aren't happy without money you won't be with it.
Depends on how you get it and what you do with it. A lump sum or passive source of income that gives you the freedom to do what you love will absolutely buy happiness.

Last edited:
My job is highly specialized with few facilities in the country that support it. I enjoy it and it is very interesting. It is also stressful and tedious at times but I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. If I hit the lottery big I would at most go to a facility in an area I would rather live. I wouldn't quit working.

Reactions: Mudburner
I hate my job and I’m self employed.

I still work everyday so that I can retire by 50 and live like a rockstar. That’s the plan and I’m invested enough to stick to it. Here’s to hoping I don’t have a heart attack at 51 and die. Boy, that would suck....

I hate my job and I’m self employed.

I still work everyday so that I can retire by 50 and live like a rockstar. That’s the plan and I’m invested enough to stick to it. Here’s to hoping I don’t have a heart attack at 51 and die. Boy, that would suck....
Happens more often than I like to think about…

Reactions: vinniedelpino
My attitude changes by the work I do. As an electrician some shit is cool and fun and something to be proud of.

Then I have to do some houses and I lose all motivation and don't give a shit about anything.

I make sure my work is good. I'm not proud of it and don't care when I leave though, it's just torture. On one hand it seems odd because right now I'm 25000' of Romex into a 7500 SQ ft house and still need to go back and add and change things. On the other I think it's the fact that the owners and contractors are so completely out to lunch.

Nothing breaks the job site down quicker than being told to tear out last months work and spend a month redoing it because "I think I want to change where the furniture goes".

We remind them that we charge by the hour a lot.

Then I'll go to a commercial site and run conduit for a month and actually feel like I accomplished something worthwhile.
Yep, fuck residential. There's very little craftsmanship in it and they're never happy even if it's done perfectly.

Commercial is ok but tends to get repetitive.

I prefer industrial. Running rigid and making it look good. Motor and process controls, you get to think and solve problems. One day you could be dealing with 5 volts, another it could be 15kV. And you get to go in areas a lot of people never see and really see how things are made.
It's still mildly satisfying to see a motor you wired up get bumped for the first time.

And working with a good apprentice who actually wants to learn... And seeing the light come on when he finally comprehends.

But at the end of the day it's still a job. And I would rather be looking through a scope sending lead downrange. But the job makes that possible.

Mike

I enjoy my job and I'm really good at it. They also pay me well.

I don't like it anywhere near as much as when I get to wake up in the morning and do what I want to do all day.

Retirement for me will be more woodworking, more hunting, more fishing, and more tractor time. Not looking to retire and sit on my ass, just want the time to do what I really want to do.

No. We did that stuff with mild steel cut with a plaz, then heat & beat until it looked right. That snake was a 5 foot pipe, textured with a homemade chisel/punch, and heated with a torch & bent by hand. The texture on the coral/shark was simply mig weld with the gas shut off... Every bit was done by hand. I got photos of whatever animal, like the fish, then cut a flat piece of mild steel, 1/8 inch thick, textured it with a punch, and dished it with a hammer. Left & right sides welded together. Fully 3D, as lifelike as I could make it. Lots of sculptures went into new Bass Pro stores nationwide, in gates, hand rails, etc. We did a lot of large copper lanterns decorated with animals, vines, flowers, etc. that went on stone columns at BPS stores. We did fireplace doors, chandeliers, etc. and decorated them all by hand. Nothing was ever cast, except for some resin cast deer antlers. But usually we had pallets of real antler, either whitetail, mule deer, elk, or moose and we used that a lot. It was great fun and I enjoyed the creative experience immensely. The boss would suggest something to us, maybe sketch something with soapstone on the welding table, then go piss off for half a day. He'd return, suggest something else, then gradually we'd get where we wanted to be, visually. He used to say, "Heat it & beat it 'till it looks right!" or, "If ya aint havin' fun, ya better go to the house!" He also said, "If I could suck my own dick, I'd never leave the house!" (Maybe that's why he was never around much?) Fun times. I worked with some very creative people, and a few assholes. As usual, to some of them guys... "I" was the asshole.

Bass Pro never paid for shit, tho, all the while telling us we were "world class" craftsmen. When I returned from a year's deployment with the Missoui National Guard, I asked for a raise & they didn't say yes, didn't say no. They just f'ing IGNORED me, so I said I'ma make some real money, and went back to fixing Army helicopters, this time as a contractor. I went from working 40 hrs/week making about $20,000/year doing something I really enjoyed, to working 84 hrs/week making $120,000+ doing something I was Army trained to do & never realized I could make that kind of money... I worked off & on for 10 years years, mostly 12 hrs/day/7 days/week with never a day off in places like Bagram, Afghanistan, Taji, Iraq, etc.

Then I got on a State Dept Air Wing contract and what a sweet deal THAT was! 8hrs/day/6 days/week, 90 days on, 30 days (paid) off, with travel paid, per diem, etc. I even had my own room with my own bathroom! Anybody who ever went to Afghanistan or Iraq knows what a luxury this would be. In Kuwait I lived in a GP Medium tent with 7 other guys for a year. First two years at Bagram we lived in plywood shacks. But I found myself getting homesick and tired of having major birthdays alone in shithole places... Everything is a trade-off. But money is money and I made my retirement so now I live with it.

Curiius thing, tho... I used to be able to count six or eight guys off the top of my head who went off & spent 5 or more years working 12/7 84 hrs a week in Afghanistan and suddenly their wives back home said, "Thanks, asshole!" and emptied the bank account & filed for divorce. And some guys who started making $10-12,000 a month who bought big houses, expensive toys, etc and had no financial discipline. Just because somebody makes a lot of money, doesn't mean they manage it well. One guy I knew bought a BIG HOUSE and in 2009, after working all those long hours at Taji, (which is the definition of shithole) couldn't afford to quit & go home because he owed more on it than it was worth.

I could go on & on about this, but TLDR.

Last edited:
Reactions: TurboTrout
Yep, fuck residential. There's very little craftsmanship in it and they're never happy even if it's done perfectly.

Commercial is ok but tends to get repetitive.

I prefer industrial. Running rigid and making it look good. Motor and process controls, you get to think and solve problems. One day you could be dealing with 5 volts, another it could be 15kV. And you get to go in areas a lot of people never see and really see how things are made.
It's still mildly satisfying to see a motor you wired up get bumped for the first time.

And working with a good apprentice who actually wants to learn... And seeing the light come on when he finally comprehends.

But at the end of the day it's still a job. And I would rather be looking through a scope sending lead downrange. But the job makes that possible.

Mike

Yeah, I wish we had more industrial work here, but I'm very glad there's few people here. There's the odd oil and gas job though, and I jump all over them while I polish the 1224 up for some threading, and prepare to get raped on rob-roy pricing.

The sad trend towards more mc-hl sucks though. Very little room left for craftsmanship, it's becoming all about how nice can you zip-ty?

Reactions: OkieMike
Yeah, I wish we had more industrial work here, but I'm very glad there's few people here. There's the odd oil and gas job though, and I jump all over them while I polish the 1224 up for some threading, and prepare to get raped on rob-roy pricing.

The sad trend towards more mc-hl sucks though. Very little room left for craftsmanship, it's becoming all about how nice can you zip-ty?
I'm working in a nitrogen products plant. The nitrates are hard on ferrous so everything is spec'd for aluminum with stainless hardware... Makes you look like a badass when you throw a stick of 3" on each shoulder and take off walking... But you better have anti-seize on your threads or it's a crap shoot on whether you'll get it back apart... Most times everything spins apart, no problem. Other times it's galled together for eternity.

I'd kill for a 1224. We're stuck using a hog head. Works fine but takes forever.

Mike

So much of this trendy “I work to live, I don’t live to work”

I’m like go suck start a 12G, I mean a majority of your life, what you will be remembered for are the fruits of your labors, not wanting to do said craft seems sad

Lots of these types of people if I mention that I LOVE my job and don’t see myself ever retiring regardless of money, like my retirement is death, they almost get offended

What gives? I mean was it that long ago men were proud of what they did?

A bad manager or toxic work environment can cause people to have a negative outlook. Also, not all of us have a job we love but rather have a job that provides the financial means to do what we love.

One guy, who works in a convenience store, said, "If I won the Powerball... I'd buy me a brand new Cadillac convertable and fill it with whores!"

Well, rest in peace, Steve!

Whaddya mean? I aint dead yet!

You'd be gettin a blowjob, and crash, and that whore'd bite Mr. Johnson clean off! Then what would ya do?

I'd fuck em with the NUB!

Last edited:
There's a question...
Would you still do your job if you hit the lottery? Like publishers clearing house that pays $10K per week for life.
I think I would still do what I do. I would when I was in town.
Previous vocation, yes! Love cutting steel and making chips. Current postion, no. Management sucks.

Some day maybe over a beer or some other drink we could discuss that.
I'd say that you would already be happy but able to spend more time doing things that you like to do.
I like to ride my motorcycle with my wife. But that's not what makes me happy. I like to work on my hot rods but that's not what makes me happy. I have the time and the money for those things but doing more of it wouldn't make me feel better.
Having a great partner in life, having great children that are doing well, are healthy and are happy in their vocation and relationships are a few things that make me feel good.
There's plenty of very rich people that have all the time and money to do whatever they desire but are not happy people. A vast majority of Hollywood are great examples.
Depends on how you get it and what you do with it. A lump sum or passive source of income that gives you the freedom to do what you love will absolutely buy happiness.
Like I said. It would make an interesting conversation.

Reactions: Tempest 455
I'd say that you would already be happy but able to spend more time doing things that you like to do.
I like to ride my motorcycle with my wife. But that's not what makes me happy. I like to work on my hot rods but that's not what makes me happy. I have the time and the money for those things but doing more of it wouldn't make me feel better.
Having a great partner in life, having great children that are doing well, are healthy and are happy in their vocation and relationships are a few things that make me feel good.
There's plenty of very rich people that have all the time and money to do whatever they desire but are not happy people. A vast majority of Hollywood are great examples.

Great post

Well, I don't drink and I'm not that good in a conversation, so I can't imagine it would be a great discourse. But I'd be up for it. Hopefully some other people would be around to alleviate the awkard pauses.

On the other hand, it sounds like you and I do agree on the fundamentals of happiness, although the specifics might be a tad different. My comment comes from the position of not having those things and feeling like I don't have the opportunity to attain them in a non-Pyrrhic fashion. Money would fix that.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
My mom used to say that " money doesn't buy happiness, but it let's you look for it in a lot more places". She was born in 1922.

I love my work.

I do other stuff (still a part of my original job I love) for the flexibility it affords me as a dad. But still do bedside too.

23 yrs of taking care of the sick and injured.
Just the other day an old lady I was taking care of told me I seemed like I wasn’t at work, even though on hour 62 for the week and getting my butt kicked like no other.
Literally juggling an ICU pt with a huge brain bleed, a patient with perfed diverticulitis, another with a nasty gallbladder, and a couple fresh ambulance trauma activations.

This is my calling.
I even get to pray with my patients if they want.

I would 100% still work if I had all the $$$. Less most likely, only to use that time to give my skills and knowledge in volunteer gigs.
Retirement to me means working less and not needing the $, and If able, will always be doing something in medicine till I go home to Jesus.
You didn’t push the vax or stick that needle in anyone’s arm did you? I’m hoping not because If you did you won’t be seeing Jesus.

• Haha
Reactions: powdahound76
You didn’t push the vax or stick that needle in anyone’s arm did you? I’m hoping not because If you did you won’t be seeing Jesus.

Two things Wade:
1. It's not your call (or mine, or anybody else's...) who goes where.
2. Your understanding of Scripture seems limited, when you make a statement like above, since EVERY knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord. Everyone will stand before Him, goats on the left, sheep on the right. He decides who goes where.

Last edited:
I'm working in a nitrogen products plant. The nitrates are hard on ferrous so everything is spec'd for aluminum with stainless hardware... Makes you look like a badass when you throw a stick of 3" on each shoulder and take off walking... But you better have anti-seize on your threads or it's a crap shoot on whether you'll get it back apart... Most times everything spins apart, no problem. Other times it's galled together for eternity.

I'd kill for a 1224. We're stuck using a hog head. Works fine but takes forever.

Mike

That sounds like a fun job!

Buying a 1224 wasn't fun, but it was paid for on the first job. Now it lives in a trailer with a 777 bender, 555 bender, and a hogs head for when you bend it at the wrong spot and need to cheat...

Two things Wade:
1. It's not your call (or mine, or anybody else's...) who goes where.
2. Your understanding of Scripture seems limited, when you make a statement like above, since EVERY knee shall bow, every tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord. Everyone will stand before Him, goats on the left, sheep on the right. He decides who goes where.
I wasn’t directing traffic my man and never claimed to be a biblical scholar. I can recognize and will always identify and point out evil when I see it no matter what.

So much of this trendy “I work to live, I don’t live to work”

I’m like go suck start a 12G, I mean a majority of your life, what you will be remembered for are the fruits of your labors, not wanting to do said craft seems sad

Lots of these types of people if I mention that I LOVE my job and don’t see myself ever retiring regardless of money, like my retirement is death, they almost get offended

What gives? I mean was it that long ago men were proud of what they did?

The reason the country is so fucked up and the economy is in the fucking toilet is that millions of Gen X and millennials are fucking idiots. These idiots are waiting for the the $100K a year job playing XBox or some other retarded thing they love to do. Most jobs fucking suck, get over it and go to fucking work already.

If you job sucks to bad you want to eat a bullet, go find another shitty job and it might suck less, then shut up and go to work, pay taxes and watch leftists give all your tax money to vagrants, bums, druggies and worthless assholes who went to college and got a degree in faggotry or basket weaving.

I love the concept of my job. I like what I do, mostly because it pays a decent amount of money. We use the billions of dollars we generate to employ fucking idiots, tranny's and fuckwits to do stupid and useless things and to have meetings about the struggle of Polynesian women who migrated to America, became men and got hired in jobs they have no fucking abilities to do. We send tens of millions to Indian tribes who piss it away on booze and crap and help no one in their fucking tribes and we have literally hundreds of useless employees sitting home hiding from the fucking covid to this very fucking day. Good luck getting training completed or paperwork signed from these assholes. This job is maddening if you look to closely.

I don't look to closely, I smile in meetings and walk out the instant they are finished and go back to what I was doing. I do my job, collect my fat paychecks and go to a racing school or driving class every year, take three weeks off in the summer and a week for hunting season. I travel the region and enjoy local events, camp and enjoy my lovely house and adorable wife. When I leave the job, I do not answer a phone call from them, EVER.

I am proud of what I do, it took years to get the skills required and I enjoy it on a certain level. If you assemble cars, millions of people have made billions of dollars and raised millions of families using your product. If you make rubbers, think of the lives you saved from decades of child related misery. Do you make bench vises? Again, they are critical to all sorts of work, think about that and be proud. Same goes for building roads, bridges or houses, the pride comes from knowing you did a good job for people like you.

Your company is another matter. They are usually fucking idiots and it is a miracle they made a dollar or designed anything that did not fall apart the instant it was installed. They will fuck you out of every dollar in pay and benefits if given half a fucking chance.

This is why you need to take care of you first. I've had retards on this very board call me names because I look at the wages and benefits first and do what is right for my plans and life. These fucking idiots think that they are somehow demonstrating "loyalty" to a company by working for fucking free or refusing to ask for a raise. They deserve the shitty lives they live.

Retirement is life, not death. If you are an idiot who believes that your shitty job is all there is in life, that is just fucking sad. Unless you are a gifted surgeon or doctor who saves the lives of children for free, most jobs are crap and you are as replaceable as a roll of toilet paper. Your boss will miss you for as long as it takes to hire your replacement. The only reason you are critical is that you are underpaid and they will hate to have to pay full rate to replace you.

The job simply pays for life, it is not life for 99% of the earth.

I don’t understand people that live for the weekend or the next vacation. I’m trying to build a life I don’t need a vacation from. I’m fortunate that I get to do what I love which is running a cattle ranch. But I worked as a welder right out of high school, welded through college to pay for it then quit I love welding and still do it a bunch. I just hated the constant rush, last minute projects, boring projects etc. if I won the lottery tomorrow all I would do is upgrade some equipment and facilities, I’d keep my herd going just as it is now. I’d rather be poor and happy than rich and miserable.

I'm 100% a "work to live, not live to work" person. And when I say "work" I mean corporate job that I'm tied to.

My family is #1 and being able to spend time with them is the top of my list. My goal is to be able to do my side hustle full time, which cuts out my requirement for commuting 5 days a week and allows me to work from wherever we want to call home.

That said, I do enjoy my job and what I do, I just know working for someone else isn't what I want to do for my entire life.

Reactions: Mblackmon4
I guess it can if a man is making money.
I don't know if I personally can but some people do. In my case, it would likely be no more than a way to offset the cost of my hobbies, if that. But I think the original question had to do with what my dream "job" be.

That sounds like a fun job!

Buying a 1224 wasn't fun, but it was paid for on the first job. Now it lives in a trailer with a 777 bender, 555 bender, and a hogs head for when you bend it at the wrong spot and need to cheat...
Ya know... It's loud, dirty, smelly, and dangerous... Yet I'm having a pretty good time. They take safety seriously but don't try to gig you on piddly stuff. You pull your permit, they sniff the area and pretty much leave you alone. You do your job and don't have to keep an eye out for "Prudence the Safety Goat" trying to catch you on some ridiculous technicality.

Mike

The reason the country is so fucked up and the economy is in the fucking toilet is that millions of Gen X and millennials are fucking idiots. These idiots are waiting for the the $100K a year job playing XBox or some other retarded thing they love to do. Most jobs fucking suck, get over it and go to fucking work already.

If you job sucks to bad you want to eat a bullet, go find another shitty job and it might suck less, then shut up and go to work, pay taxes and watch leftists give all your tax money to vagrants, bums, druggies and worthless assholes who went to college and got a degree in faggotry or basket weaving.

I love the concept of my job. I like what I do, mostly because it pays a decent amount of money. We use the billions of dollars we generate to employ fucking idiots, tranny's and fuckwits to do stupid and useless things and to have meetings about the struggle of Polynesian women who migrated to America, became men and got hired in jobs they have no fucking abilities to do. We send tens of millions to Indian tribes who piss it away on booze and crap and help no one in their fucking tribes and we have literally hundreds of useless employees sitting home hiding from the fucking covid to this very fucking day. Good luck getting training completed or paperwork signed from these assholes. This job is maddening if you look to closely.

I don't look to closely, I smile in meetings and walk out the instant they are finished and go back to what I was doing. I do my job, collect my fat paychecks and go to a racing school or driving class every year, take three weeks off in the summer and a week for hunting season. I travel the region and enjoy local events, camp and enjoy my lovely house and adorable wife. When I leave the job, I do not answer a phone call from them, EVER.

I am proud of what I do, it took years to get the skills required and I enjoy it on a certain level. If you assemble cars, millions of people have made billions of dollars and raised millions of families using your product. If you make rubbers, think of the lives you saved from decades of child related misery. Do you make bench vises? Again, they are critical to all sorts of work, think about that and be proud. Same goes for building roads, bridges or houses, the pride comes from knowing you did a good job for people like you.

Your company is another matter. They are usually fucking idiots and it is a miracle they made a dollar or designed anything that did not fall apart the instant it was installed. They will fuck you out of every dollar in pay and benefits if given half a fucking chance.

This is why you need to take care of you first. I've had retards on this very board call me names because I look at the wages and benefits first and do what is right for my plans and life. These fucking idiots think that they are somehow demonstrating "loyalty" to a company by working for fucking free or refusing to ask for a raise. They deserve the shitty lives they live.

Retirement is life, not death. If you are an idiot who believes that your shitty job is all there is in life, that is just fucking sad. Unless you are a gifted surgeon or doctor who saves the lives of children for free, most jobs are crap and you are as replaceable as a roll of toilet paper. Your boss will miss you for as long as it takes to hire your replacement. The only reason you are critical is that you are underpaid and they will hate to have to pay full rate to replace you.

Doctors are just skilled labor too, but not everyone dislikes their job, I’ve passed up higher paying positions because I was concerned with burnout and making what I do into a “job”

I fully get what you’re saying however

I wasn’t aware this was a “thing.”

I busted ass to get my chosen career off the ground, and think what I do is freakin’ awesome! Granted, EVERY job has bad days and aspects that are less glamorous than the rest, but still. While I’m absolutely a “work to live” guy as well, I got pretty lucky that after YEARS of struggle and hard work, I have my foot in the door of something that I think is really about to take off!

I wasn’t aware this was a “thing.”

I busted ass to get my chosen career off the ground, and think what I do is freakin’ awesome! Granted, EVERY job has bad days and aspects that are less glamorous than the rest, but still. While I’m absolutely a “work to live” guy as well, I got pretty lucky that after YEARS of struggle and hard work, I have my foot in the door of something that I think is really about to take off!

You in a robbie in that photo?

Reactions: Basher
Don't get me wrong - I like my current job (8+ years in) more than any other job I ever had.

But the reality is, if it was truly fun and as enjoyable as a day fishing/hunting/shooting or the worst orgasm you ever had, then people would be paying for the experience, rather than the company paying me, you, or any other employee.

You're a few generations behind there Boomer. Gen X are now on their 40's and 50's, go to work every day, maybe own their own business or are in management, and raising families. Thousands of Gen X and millennials have been for the last 20 years fighting wars and dieing for nothing in shithole Muslim countries. I think your disdain should be directed at gen z.

I could direct my anger at boomers for the policies they have/are putting in place and weakening this country, or for sending jobs overseas and selling us out to China for profit.

Reactions: Mister Ridge
Don't get me wrong - I like my current job (8+ years in) more than any other job I ever had.

But the reality is, if it was truly fun and as enjoyable as a day fishing/hunting/shooting or the worst orgasm you ever had, then people would be paying for the experience, rather than the company paying me, you, or any other employee.
That's what I tell the kids... If it was fun they would be charging you, not paying you.

Mike

I could direct my anger at boomers for the policies they have/are putting in place and weakening this country, or for sending jobs overseas and selling us out to China for profit.
It’s it amazing? If the people running our county were our grandparents we’d be taking away their drivers licenses not giving them more power over our lives. We need term limits for everyone and a maximum age limit

Reactions: JMGlasgow

🤣🤣🤣

1. Pretty sure you dont know my relationship with Jesus. Or have any clue how that stuff works.

2. Try reading the Bible. Start in Matthew 1:1. Focus on that. Ask Jesus to be in your heart. You may find peace. I did after years of having none. And I am still a work in progress every day.

Reactions: Mudburner

I hope you tip your plumber and HVAC technician.

🤣🤣🤣

1. Pretty sure you dont know my relationship with Jesus. Or have any clue how that stuff works.

2. Try reading the Bible. Start in Matthew 1:1. Focus on that. Ask Jesus to be in your heart. You may find peace. I did after years of having none. And I am still a work in progress every day.
I should have left the Jesus stuff out of it as that sent a couple of you of the rails. That was the least of my focus and all of ya’lls.

For your sake, I hope you didn’t take part like I mentioned in the post you quoted of mine. Anyone that did is vile and disgusting. This may or may not be you. I hope it isn’t.

I should have left the Jesus stuff out of it as that sent a couple of you of the rails. That was the least of my focus and all of ya’lls.

For your sake, I hope you didn’t take part like I mentioned in the post you quoted of mine. Anyone that did is vile and disgusting. This may or may not be you. I hope it isn’t.

It is literally the most important part of my existence, so yeah, it gets focused on.

As to the Jab.
Not everyone has been red pilled for whatever reason and in the early days were believing what they were told. 🤷‍♂️

Not me, and other people.
I have nothing to do with it and never will.
I do trauma and ER.
I believed from early on it was a bioweapon, vaccines should always be a choice (the literal ‘my body my choice’), and I never ever trust a pharmaceutical company. Less so with a short study window and billions to be made.
I was redpilled on big pharma my sophomore year of college by my pharmacology professor.
Haven't trusted their BS since.
Wrote a paper about the opioid crisis and its link to the never ending war on drugs before the prescribed opioid thing was in full swing.
Willing to bet the same raging liberal professor who gave me an A on it is surely a militant vaxxer though.

Reactions: wade2big