• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why aren't the Fury 5000 binos more popular?

Guess you won’t be getting either the Sig or Vortex.

Why aren't there more spotting scopes with LRFs or at least spotting scopes with rails to mount a separate LRF? I wish there was a solid way to mount a rail onto my Cronus 20-60x86 spotter.

Why aren't there more spotting scopes with LRFs or at least spotting scopes with rails to mount a separate LRF? I wish there was a solid way to mount a rail onto my Cronus 20-60x86 spotter.
Probably small population would buy them. Hunters want something small, prs shooters dont need lrf since ranges are given, and cost would bump things way up.

I've been in the market for range finding binos and from what I've seen the Vortex Fury 5000s seem to be the best bang for the buck especially with the warranty. The thing that gives me pause is that I don't see hardly any objective reviews (non-sponsored) or even talk about them. Am I missing something? Other than they don't link to kestrels whats the downside to these lrf binos?
I have some and they are legit AF

Reactions: delfuego
Haven’t had an issue with my Fury 5000s. I could have probably done without the RF and got better glass but it’s been nice to have when I have needed it.

I've been in the market for range finding binos and from what I've seen the Vortex Fury 5000s seem to be the best bang for the buck especially with the warranty. The thing that gives me pause is that I don't see hardly any objective reviews (non-sponsored) or even talk about them.
These are the best LRF Bino you can get for the money. Glass is good, laser is fast and accurate, if they are have issues, Vortex will fix them. I have owned quite a few over the years and these are excellent. If you want good glass and an excellent laser get these. If you need European glass then I would look elsewhere. If you need an LRF that reaches the moon, look elsewhere.

You can rename this thread too. I see far more Vortex Fury's out in the field and at matches by a large margin (+3-1). I would venture to say they are the most popular LRF / Bino in the non-internet world.

Last edited:
Reactions: Todc
These are the best LRF Bino you can get for the money. Glass is good, laser is fast and accurate,it they are have issue, Vortex will fix them. I have owned quite a few over the years and these are excellent. If you want good glass and an excellent laser get these. If you need European glass then I would look elsewhere. If you need an LRF that reaches the moon, look elsewhere.

You can rename this thread too. I see far more Vortex Fury's out in the field and at matches by a large margin (+3-1). I would venture to say they are the most popular LRF / Bino in the non-internet world.

I agree with this.

I have a mid-range German binos and a $600 Leupold 1600 ranger. I am probably going to buy a pair of Swaro EL Ranges or Leica Geovid's next year. I don't see owning a pair of binos I don't like and can't use (because they don't have enough eye relief) just to fit the price point.

I think it depends on your own demands and requirements. The LRF function is nice to have but if I a blind man can't see, then the LRF isn't helping him.

I was going to order a pair of these yesterday but I happened to see some pics of the aiming reticle. Is it as huge as it appears in some pictures. It seems it covers about a 4 to 5 foot circle at 273 yards.

Last edited:
Handling a Vortex Diamondback bino, the hinge between the oculars is loose with low friction, necessitating adjustment during every single use. This is my biggest bino pet peeve, if the hinge does not have enough friction for me to "set and forget" I can't use it.

Does the Fury have the same kind of hinge friction? What about the other products often mentioned in this thread?

Honestly the warranty is a huge factor for me. I understand the mindset of you shouldn't need it but I literally have the worst luck when it comes to buying anything shooting. I've had to send back Schmidt, Kahles, Bushnell, bad barrels, bad Smith work from great Smiths, chassis, triggers, etc. I've come to the conclusion that there's a great chance I'll have to send products back regardless of the price or manufacturer.
My fury5000s work great for PRS. Great glass. Great rangefinder. And when the tripod blew over at Steel Safari a few months ago and smashed an ocular lens cup ring (not the glass) I sent them for repair and check of the RF. Within 10 days a brand new pair arrived. Vortex products have all been great for me.

Reactions: Holliday and Todc
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’ve been seeing some fairly substantial blurring around the edge with my Fury 5000’s. Center of the image is crystal clear and the range finder is phenomenal. The blurring is really bothering me though, especially glassing for deer in the brush. Anyone else have this issue and was there a fix?

thanks, Keith

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I’ve been seeing some fairly substantial blurring around the edge with my Fury 5000’s. Center of the image is crystal clear and the range finder is phenomenal. The blurring is really bothering me though, especially glassing for deer in the brush. Anyone else have this issue and was there a fix?

thanks, Keith
Send it to vortex

Have you experienced it also? I have t heard of anyone else having the issue so didn’t know if it was common

thanks, Keith
As @Supersubes said, call Vortex. It may be something as simple as a drop knocked the two sides out of alignment, or something like that. You paid good money for an awesome set of binos and an awesome LRF - they will fix it.

I absolutely love mine. I use them in team sniper matches constantly, and they get beaten up. A few matches ago I dropped them right onto the lens and scratched the crap out of them on a rock. They had them turned around back to me in less than 48 hours, and I had them back in my hands in I think 4 or 5 days total. And they're good as new!

So, after many months old of a thread, anyone have any substantial changes good or bad?
Is the a option to tripod mount them, or at 10x is everyone mostly using them off hand?

No changes. Doing what it should as it did and after being tossed around in my pack at matches.

You can tripod mount them if you like but I usually just hold them.

Reactions: dave300
So, after many months old of a thread, anyone have any substantial changes good or bad?
Is the a option to tripod mount them, or at 10x is everyone mostly using them off hand?
I tripod mount whenever possible. With my 15x swaros as well as 10x vortex stability makes everything better. Check out the RRS Strap style arca mount stays on the binos without. Getting in the way for free hand use

Reactions: Todc

Attachments

• 20201113_104319.jpg
    20201113_104319.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20201113_104346.jpg
    20201113_104346.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20201113_104351.jpg
    20201113_104351.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 55
I have really liked my sig kilos. That said, I have had 3 and they have all had issues. Sigs support was awful. The first one I sent back the tech called me and said he had just range a tree. They work fine. “Ranged a tree??? That’s how you test a range finder at sig??” They reluctantly sent a replacement that worked for shit too. Different specs. Thank god I had purchased at Brownells.

My current kilo 2200 has started eating batteries and failing while hunting in the cold. Suffice to say I am becoming good at calling out ranges with my mil dots as backup.

My next one will be a Vortex. They stand behind their stuff with the best customer service I have ever experienced. I just can’t say enough good about Vortex.