• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

why did ARC suspend Barloc sales?

I have also tested torque on the Barloc and found no change in POI. I started off with the barrrel shouldered against the barloc, fired 3 rounds, then went incrementally up in torque on the screw until it was as tight as I felt it should be (without risking snapping the screw). The first group was a little different from the rest, but once any torque was applied to the screw, POI never shifted. I believe I did 5x 3-shot groups and all 15 rounds were within .8" or so at 100yd.

ETA: the lower end of torque values most likely allow the barrel to be pushed around, so I suggest torquing it down tight-- just conveying it's not very sensitive to exactly how much torque is applied.

My next endeavor is going to be an attempt to maintain consistent RTZ with barrel changes by making something to place in the barrel channel. I think I have an idea for something fairly simple/easy.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
I do all that with shouldered barrels.

My PRS rifle has a 6BRA and 6.5 creedmoor shouldered barrels. Takes 3 minutes to change and my zero shift between the barrels is less than 0.1 mils.

I also keep spare shouldered barrels for my .300NM. Got one in the closet.

Every rifle is a "switch barrel" rifle. I prefer to not have to rely on a set screw to retain my barrel. I think the whole "switch barrel" thing is a silly fad.

That is how I roll as well. Not as easy to change in the field but back home with a vice it is very simple.

Reactions: kthomas
It's only a switch barrel if you can do it at the range with the tools in your gun case

Ross field vice or a hitch mounted barrel vice. Or get flats machined in the barrel and just a wrench.

Definitely changeable in the field, but I agree that it's not as quick or convenient as dedicated "switch barrel" setups.

Ross field vice or a hitch mounted barrel vice. Or get flats machined in the barrel and just a wrench.

Definitely changeable in the field, but I agree that it's not as quick or convenient as dedicated "switch barrel" setups.
I have the Ross vice, it works well. I am not as proficient at loosening and tightening barrels as it shows in the how to video, but it’s not to bad. It would be easier with a different chassis.