• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why do you drink

Been there, done that!

Scotch and quality tequila. why? Taste and makes me a lot more social...
Plus red wine which tastes great with food.
I try to only drink on weekends. Mostly due to calories and cost. Decent alcohol gets expensive if everyday!
Go be poor somewhere else!

I had no idea this thread grew this much.

My take away is that none of you have a reason better or worse than mine and that makes me feel better

Time for another

image.jpg

"When" it comes to drinking, I only drink on two occasions:
Alone, or With Friends.

"How" I drink, I guess you could say I'm Bi or "I go both ways"....
Straight, or With Ice.

:D

Oh, look at the time..... it's already Bourbon O'Clock!!!!!

I drink because all of this in my basement would go to waste! View attachment 7254149

Really nice bar. Would give my right arm to have that kind of space. I would think that you are a straight liquor drinker since I don't see the essential items to mix cocktails

Luxardo
Cointreau
Lillet
Sweet and Dry Vermouth
Chartreuse Yellow and Green
Bitters of all kinds

I stopped drinking the day before my 40th birthday.
It was simply a personal decision that made sense for me.
So now I’m always the designated driver - and I’m plenty OK with that.

That doesn’t stop old friends from telling wild made up fabricated exaggerated stories about events when I maybe possibly could might have had a drink or twelve too many....
Pretty much the same thing here.
When I turned 40 I started feeling like shit for days if I drank one beer or a dozen.
About once a year I suffer for about four days trying to see if I'm still allergic to alcohol.

In excercising my freedom to choose I also choose to have my drinks be cold and refreshing.

Coffee, tea and hot toddys are - hot.

Ice coffee is a blasphemy.

All other drinks shall be not only flavorful and hydrating but also refreshing.

Iced coffee is normally bullshit, along with the shit flavored stuff people drinking and thinking it's coffee. The fact that a large chunk of people think Starbucks is good coffee just shows how little people actually know about good coffee.

However, I will make an exception for Vietnamese iced coffee. I enjoy that once in a while.

You jerks! I can't drink anymore, went too far. But I loved beer. Never whiskey, scotch, wine or bubbly, just beer in quantity, never quality, lol

There are days I wish I could crack a couple, odds not in my favor.

Reactions: Jscb1b
Thanks. I grew up watching my grandparents entertain behind a little bar with orange vinyl padding and brass caster wheels. And I always thought that when I grow up I have to have a bar in my basement to entertain and converse with my friends. There are items that sat behind their bar for 40 years... that now sit behind my bar.

The liqour, yep mostly a straight liqour drinker, or beer. But the mixed etc, are also inside the cabinets. So ita a full service establishment.

Thanks. I grew up watching my grandparents entertain behind a little bar with orange vinyl padding and brass caster wheels. And I always thought that when I grow up I have to have a bar in my basement to entertain and converse with my friends. There are items that sat behind their bar for 40 years... that now sit behind my bar.

The liqour, yep mostly a straight liqour drinker, or beer. But the mixed etc, are also inside the cabinets. So ita a full service establishment.
I feel like a piker after seeing that.

Bar I go to doesn't have Luxardo cherries...my bar at home does. However, I seldom drink at home
Ok, I can live with that. I seldom drink out. So I have all my needs here at home. Including making a perfect Manhattan. (Sweet and dry vermouth)

Ok, I can live with that. I seldom drink out. So I have all my needs here at home. Including making a perfect Manhattan. (Sweet and dry vermouth)

Other than a glass of wine with dinner, the only time I drink at home is when we have people over...I drink out when I drink....as much as I like high quality liquor, I can also be a slut and drink shit. I like shots of Jaeger

I never developed much of a taste for alcoholic beverages...i imagine i must be missing a particular enzyme or genetic code.

I'll have a glass if the social setting requires it.

I don't despise alcohol but I just don't have a particular desire or taste for it.

That did it you all talked me into another beer.

To lazy to pull a cork on anything tonight.

Should have celebrated a bunch after getting my carbine running good finally today. Even a couple decent groups.
Nearly got a 1 hole'r.

You got me there.
Seriously though, I like to find great bargains. Like Josh Cab. It's $10-12 and punches way above its price.

I drink Josh all of the time. Excellent value both the white label and the black label which is a couple of bucks more

Stouts, IPA’s, whiskey, scotch, bourbon, moonshine. Not all at once mind you.
Edit: I can read honestly I can ?.
why? Because it tastes good. Lol

Last edited:
Nice winerack. The one we're building here is almost identical. Ours will be in its own 'room' so it will curve on the left and take up two walls. What temp and humidity do you keep yours at, if you don't mind me asking?
I keep mine at 55*. I'm not sure about the humidity... it's all auto regulated.
It's an older Vinotheque 480 bottle cellar

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Bandit ...."wait a minute, why you want that beer so bad" ?
Little Enos..... "because he's thirsty.... dummy" !

• Haha
Reactions: QuickNDirty
I don't despise alcohol but I just don't have a particular desire or taste for it.

If you are a so-called "supertaster" (a genetic predisposition to tasting certain bitter chemical compounds), many alcoholic beverages taste like shit. I simply do not like many of the modern overly-hopped beers.

Not only am I a supertaster, but I've also seen enough downside to alcohol use that I see little reason to voluntarily consume a poison. People are free to do as they wish and I won't look down upon someone who chooses to drink; it just ain't for me. That just leaves more for the rest of you!

Last edited:
Reactions: Maggot
They say that a person's taste buds do not fully develop until they reach puberty. Well I am really really old, but my fiancee keeps telling me that I am in my second childhood, so, that must be the reason I really hate craft beers, preferring an Ultra, while light it still has flavor to it. I mean when I first tasted Coors, it tasted horrible and I was told I had to acquire a taste for it. Well if one has to acquire a taste for anything, it can't be good in the first place and actually if desperate enough one could acquire a taste for just about anything.
I also prefer Canadian Club over any other kind of whiskey, probably because it tastes sweet. Must be the immature taste buds.
I also like Kahlua! Riesling wine (sweet again) and Paul Newman's Own (just about anything, food or drink). One vintner I have found that has some good wines is St. Michelle Chateau in WA, but thankfully available here in Nevada.
Currently having a screwdriver using Lake Tahoe Vodka. Just trying it out.

Bandit ...."wait a minute, why you want that beer so bad" ?
Little Enos..... "because he's thirsty.... dummy" !

Dammit. I came here tonight to post that same thing because I thought of it as a great answer to the question. You beat me to it. I was going to give 10 points to whomever could figure out who said it.

If you are a so-called "supertaster" (a genetic predisposition to tasting certain bitter chemical compounds), many alcoholic beverages taste like shit. I simply do not like many of the modern overly-hopped beers.

Not only am I a supertaster, but I've also seen enough downside to alcohol use that I see little reason to volunteer consume a poison. People are free to do as they wish and I won't look down upon someone who chooses to drink; it just ain't for me. That just leaves more for the rest of you!
I’m a Supertaster as well. I simply cannot stand grapefruit, or IPAs (which taste exactly like grapefruit to me - bitter as gall). But I still love amber, red, and stout beers, and premium bourbons.

I just like beer, preferably a nice german dunkel, but it's not hard to convince me to drink another beer either.:)

The main reason I drink is I like the taste , the second reason I drink is to deal with others.

I have 2 bars....the second one is the storage for the primary. Running out sucks

Running out would suck.

Running out of one label is manageable.

Had the Wyoming Whiskey on hand if needed.

Reactions: Nik H
I started the evening with a snort of Jameson's black barrel. Moved to Old Forester 1920. Finishing up with Whistle Pig.