• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why dose everybody hate me?

Yeah your right it, sorry about that the m1a damn good, that target is a what smaller than a pie plate! Thats really damn good.

Target is a standard Military 100 yard SR-1.

X = 1.35 inches
10 = 3.35
9 = 6.35 inches

Guess we need not go further.

Distinguished shooters would laugh at my bags and shit while shooting a tighter group off hand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Huskydriver
Designated marksmen and snipers may see that target a lot but normal support guys don't so thats why i don't recognize it for the moa.
Sorry.

This is what im used to seeing. Me and my buddy just went out to have fun.

Attachments

• 20191118_133558_HDR.jpg
    20191118_133558_HDR.jpg
    553.6 KB · Views: 68
This is what im used to seeing. Me and my buddy just went out to have fun.

I won't stand down range from them.

Because of places like this and what is available for gear, expectations and results have really come up for those that shoot.

Fun. Not sure how much National match sites cost.

They won't break the bank but on a SOCOM style M1A why bother.

I looked for a long time to find an M1A that was as close to issue as could be.

Lots of GI parts to include the barrel, 71K serial number, shoots better than I was expecting.

The NM front sight isn't tall enough to be able to zero at 100 yards. Even my 18.5" Scout with a standard height front sight can't zero at 100, so it has a 2.75X Scout scope on it with a heavy plex reticle.

Reactions: pmclaine
The NM front sight isn't tall enough to be able to zero at 100 yards. Even my 18.5" Scout with a standard height front sight can't zero at 100, so it has a 2.75X Scout scope on it with a heavy plex reticle.
Really thanks for the recommendation with the NM.
Yeah i had a lot of issues zeroing mine scoped. When i tried to zero the irons the height over bore was always really off. The round would be low very very low. We would aim at the head or above it to get the shots on paper

Attachments

• 20180301_210237.jpg
    20180301_210237.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 41
The front sight being too low on a scout will send the rounds high.

With the longer sight radius if the full length barrel the GI spec front sight works fine.

Ill keep that in mind for the next one. Thanks.

Also i know fulton armory makes m14s/m1as and baring norinco ive heard of a smaller company that makes them as well i just can remember the name. Anyone else know of them?

...and yes the Marines are a Department of the Navy.....the Men's Department ........

Being a partner service to the Navy is part of the mystique.....a remnant of the time when the world was much bigger and places were "exotic" or "foreign".

People were intrigued by the glamour of foreign ports of call.

Now we are just global and you can eat at McDonalds anywhere.

If you haven't had a monkey hand on a stick in Olongapo than you wouldn't understand.

Some of those deep country villes in Afghanistan probably still evidence that long ago big world time......just too bad there was no surf to land in.

The sea is integral to Marine. You should look at the ocean and feel mystery and a need to know....."What's out there? Can I Kill it or Fuck it?".

Nothing wrong with eating monkey meat in Olongapo 🙈!? .....after a few dozen San Miguels and a short time !👍

There is LRB, Bula Forge, Springfield, Smith Enterprise, Polytech, and a few others I can't remember right now.

Some of the early Springfield Armory Inc. Rifles were made in Devine, TX and are highly sought after.

I have a Fulton Armory receivered 18.5" Franken Scout, and a Glen Nelson built rear lugged Supermatch. The Supermatch is extremely accurate when I have my shit together. It will shoot sub moa when I have my fundamentals together.

20200523_094324.jpg

20200523_125202.jpg

I pulled that outside shot on the 4th round. Didn't have my shit together on that one.

I don’t know about the OP, I love my double lug M1A. Iron sights at 1000 yards, 18x24 steel plate.

Watch "TLRS 1,000 YDS - Iron Sights - M1A" on YouTube

My other double lug, built at the PWS RTE Quantico won the 2012 high power championship against all kinds of bolt guns in various hot rod cartridges.

No hate here, just pure love for the old stick.

Attachments

• IMG_2747001.jpg
    IMG_2747001.jpg
    398.3 KB · Views: 51
So heres a fun question. Why dose the m14 garner so much hate? Yet guns like the FAL and the Ar 10 are so loved? Love to hear some thoughts and some real reasons. Thanks
When I look at the M-14 I see a lengthy development by the Army Ordnance Dept that resulted in essentially an M-1 with a 20 round magazine. They completely missed the assault rifle concept that the Germans had pioneered as early as 1942. Furthermore the full auto feature was a fiasco which tells me the weapon was approved and put into production without sufficient field testing. I can say from personal experience in Viet Nam that the distances I actually engaged visible Viet Cong ranged from 6' to no longer than 30'. Who shot first won. You don't need a combat rifle with iron sights that can shoot 600 yards .

its just a mass plot everyone is against you , yes you personally , not antifa or the blm or the democrats just you .
Feel better now ? want a cookie some coffee to go with the cookie lol too bad no one likes you that's why no one told you the meeting with the cookies and coffee was last week ... Oh the m14 I don't hate any gun , I want an m14 but just picked up a cmp m1 garand or Id be looking for an m14 I even want an m-16 if I can get it an automatic version , along with a few thousand other guns that I will probably never live long enough to get or be able to get legally . But what good are dreams if you never try to make them come true . Never give up even dogs have there day and if you keep at it and really try , I am sure you can find a people who can accept you just he way you are

I have an M-1A for sale. It's in a Troy Battle stock with full length Pic rail on top. Magpul PRS Butt Stock. $2500.00 Also have the wooden stock to go with it.

Reactions: acudaowner
You will have to take this for what it is. I love the M14 but I am an old Marine. Carried the M14 in 69-70. Cleaning wasn't a problem. And when you ran out of ammo it made a great club. I see they make the M1a in a left hand version now may have to get one. Semper FI.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandhog308
I was privileged enough to call Pat Rogers a close friend and his story about using an M14 at five yards in Vietnam was always high comedy when told to the M14 clingers :D

If you haven't had a monkey hand on a stick in Olongapo than you wouldn't understand.

The sea is integral to Marine. You should look at the ocean and feel mystery and a need to know....."What's out there? Can I Kill it or Fuck it?".
Amen to that, both

Because you can't spell "does".

I hate this retard.
While humorous when does becomes dose it can be much more humorous when does not becomes doe snot.
M1A is blah for me (not hated) but would love me some FA M14.
Unlike some of the things I took apart and put back together the M1A/M14 really does need all those parts to function.
Who’dathunkit?

I was privileged enough to call Pat Rogers a close friend and his story about using an M14 at five yards in Vietnam was always high comedy when told to the M14 clingers :D

Link or retelling of the story please.......

As an aside there has been recent data on the results of an AR round to the arm at 5 yards, as well as chest and head, if anyone is interested.

I feel like it was very common to see in Afghanistan from 2010 to 2013 during the big push...dunno when you were there or what units you were in but I know guys from all over the army that carried them during those years

Had them on our '09 - '10 as well. 2ID in SE 'Stan.

Sitting on an OP looking it over I questioned whether I was losing it... I had used it and cleaned it so many times and somehow failed to realize where the chassis was made. Just a stones throw from a small town I grew up in.

Our SDM grads carried them. The B4 guys were carrying the new M110... all of those guys were on their first barrel/rifle at that point.

Reactions: Huskydriver
Link or retelling of the story please.......

As an aside there has been recent data on the results of an AR round to the arm at 5 yards, as well as chest and head, if anyone is interested.

No link, it was in person. Just a funny story about him shooting a VC center mass at five yards with an M14 and the VC being unfased.

Oh dear...

Although, y'know, I did once see a stock for sale that was kinda like that. Experimental paratrooper stock that never got going. Wish I'd bought it, though it was cracked.

I think the Italians put one of their Garand based rifles in a folder. You might have seen one of those. The Italians used box mags on their Garand conversions.

I think the Italians put one of their Garand based rifles in a folder. You might have seen one of those. The Italians used box mags on their Garand conversions.
Yeah, the BM59 had a folding stock version that I think can be adapted for an M14. Here's one:
1598972253529.png

But I don't think it was one of those. It might've been one of the Harrington & RIchardson underfolder stocks like this one:

It's been a while since I saw the listing and the website doesn't have an archive so I can't go find it again. And out of interest, apparently the Nigerians made some BM59s with a pistol-gripped stock that looks remarkably like my E2 and was intended to address the same shortcomings as the E2:
1598971919060.png

Last edited:

They must make different height .062" NM front sight blades. I've never had any problems zeroing in my two guns at 100. I have a standard length gun cobbed together out of M14 GI and M1A Springfield Armory parts that, 20-odd years ago, had the right bells and whistles to make it a sub-MOA gun. But, improvements in manufacturing have favored well for new M14 and SA NM rifles. I recently bought a SA NM rifle that, right out of the box, shoots every bit as good as my old gun does. The only thing I changed on it was the NM rear sight. I swapped it out for a standard M14 rear sight and aperture, but I kept the SA NM windage 1/2 MOA adjustment. I don't shoot paper all the time, so I appreciated the extra light gathering capabilities of the standard M14 aperture. Below, I was testing out some IMI M118LR against some Lake City. It seems to group the IMI 2 MOA higher and 1/2 MOA to the left of the Lake City.

M14/M1A guns are what they are. I have two high-end AR10 guns that will shoot tighter than my M1A, but I paid just as much money for each of them as I did the M1A. And, if I put A2 irons on the AR10, I can't shoot it quite as tight as I can the M1A. M14 and M1A guns are fun to shoot, and they take you back to the basics of iron sight shooting. My scope-mounted AR10s are real tack drivers, but I know that no matter how long they sit in the closet getting banged around, those M14/M1A guns are going to shoot where I aim them. And, I can deal with trouble about as far as I can see it with those guns. And, on my place, that's 600 yards and then some.

Attachments

• IMI175grMatchM118LR (2).jpg
    IMI175grMatchM118LR (2).jpg
    412.5 KB · Views: 36
Your rifles have standard length barrels. When you shorten them you need a taller front sight to be able to zero at 100 yards.

I love my M-14/M1A.
I love my M1 Garand
I love my M1917 revolver
Reminder of a more "civilized" time. I love all my classic firearms.

That being said, Much easier to run a bolt for long range and the AR-15 is stupid easy inside 600. Want a bigger bullet? AR-10/308/whatever (now in 6.5!) again, stupid easy to accurize.

That 1917 revolver is awesome. But the sights are junk, it only holds 6 rounds. My CZ holds 20 (9mm), my 2011 holds 18 (40) and my Rock Island 14 (45)
I'm nostalgic, not stupid.

If you give me an(other) M1A, I'll love on it--but if points or reality insists upon itself--I may pick something more modern.

That 1917 revolver is awesome. But the sights are junk, it only holds 6 rounds.
IIRC, the issue with the sights was known even back then. The Brazilian contract 1937 revolvers from Smith & Wesson were nearly identical to the 1917 but with an altered rear sight (deeper rectangular notch/top strap channel versus the shallower and narrower U or V of the 1917) that presented a better picture.

Your rifles have standard length barrels. When you shorten them you need a taller front sight to be able to zero at 100 yards.

OK, I gotcha. But, after looking, they do make different height front sight blades. The standard NM GI blade is .567" and they also make one with a base that is 4mm taller.