• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why Mask Wearing is my Civic Duty

The funny or sad part is he actually believes what he saying. Masks have been around a long time, to think there have been no studies whatsoever evaluating their efficacy with no positive outcome is just mind knumbingly idiotic.

The same people here that yell when Trump gets called a racist are the same people that yell communist whenever you state an opinion different from their own.

The sad part is you posted links that don't even support your point and somehow you think they do.

I didn't say there were no studies evaluating their efficacy. I said there were no studies proving their efficacy. And I am still waiting for one.

And its not what I say. Its what the studies I posted say, and what the studies you posted say. Basically we tested, we got wildly different results from the tests. They showed a 1.1 time to 50 times reduction in the amount of virus we cultured from samples, but we have no way of knowing if that would relate to a reduction in the spread of the disease.

Last edited:
You might want to read it.

Studies have shown that in such circumstances increased numbers of surgical masks are worn, but the protection afforded to the wearer by a surgical mask against infectious aerosols is not well understood.

Live influenza virus was measurable from the air behind all surgical masks tested. The data indicate that a surgical mask will reduce exposure to aerosolised infectious influenza virus; reductions ranged from 1.1- to 55-fold (average 6-fold), depending on the design of the mask.

So if the virus is getting past the mask of the sick person. Then it is in the air, the mask you are wearing does not stop that. Masks don't do shit. Showing a reduction of cultural virus by a small amount some of time in absolutely no fucking way proves masks work. As the WHO said in their stay, but I bet you two didn't read that one either.

Says masks don't work and literally quotes reductions in aerosolised infectious influenza virus from 1.1 to 55 fold.....lol. Thanks for proving my point.

Says masks don't work and literally quotes reductions in aerosolised infectious influenza virus from 1.1 to 55 fold.....lol. Thanks for proving my point.

So if you do an experiment, and your results vary that wildly, how do you come to a conclusion? Not really here nor there because.......

The study you posted also said we don't know if this reduction results in reduction of spread. The second one said they found virus that got past every mask. Since I have to read these for you.

The sad part is you posted links that don't even support your point and somehow you think they do.

I didn't say there were no studies evaluating their efficacy. I said there were no studies proving their efficacy. And I am still waiting for one.

And its not what I say. Its what the studies I posted say, and what the studies you posted say. Basically we tested, we got wildly different results from the tests. They showed a 1.1 time to 50 times reduction in the amount of virus we cultured from samples, but we have no way of knowing if that would relate to a reduction in the spread of the disease.
You stated masks do not work which means they should have a 0% reduction in aerosolised viral particles. That is three studies that show masks have an effect. Not once, did you state anything about masks needing to stop transmission. You stated there isn't one study that shows they have an effect...3 studies...all show that masks have an effect. Mic drop.

So if you do an experiment, and your results vary that wildly, how do you come to a conclusion? Not really here nor there because.......

The study you posted also said we don't know if this reduction results in reduction of spread.
That isn't what you said, you said they have no effect. You did not specify the need to quantify a transmission reduction.
Also they stated the effect was dependent on the mask material.
Easy, you state the average with the standard deviation.

You stated masks do not work which means they should have a 0% reduction in aerosolised viral particles. That is three studies that show masks have an effect. Not once, did you state anything about masks needing to stop transmission. You stated there isn't one study that shows they have an effect...3 studies...all show that masks have an effect. Mic drop.

The study you posted said we don't know if the reduction of aerosol leads to a decreased spread.

That isn't what you said, you said they have no effect. You did not specify the need to quantify a transmission reduction.

Easy, you state the average with the standard deviation.

So if they aren't reducing transmission what is their purpose? What exactly is this shit they are doing?

They aren't doing shit.

No, if have velocity numbers that say 2700fps and velocity numbers that say 50 times that. I throw it in the trash because its flawed, and anything taken from it fruit from the poison tree.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
The study you posted said we don't know if the reduction of aerosol leads to a decreased spread.
It stated there was a reduction in aerosol based on viral cultures due to mask wearing which is a.........positive EFFECT. Doing my fat man dance right now as I've almost got you to see the error in your statement. We are almost there.....almost.

Reactions: IrishWind
So if they aren't reducing transmission what is their purpose? What exactly is this shit they are doing? They aren't doing shit.

No, if have velocity numbers that say 2700fps and velocity numbers that say 50 times that. I throw it in the trash because its flawed, and anything taken from it fruit for the poison tree.
Wrong data is presented with the standard deviations it is not discarded unless the Grubbs test allows for data dismissal.
Reducing aerosol concentrations supposedly. It wasn't the aim of that study to evaluate community transmission. Reduction of viral concentration allows the immune system to effectively combat the virus before it overwhelms the immune system. Infections are concentration based.

It stated there was a reduction in aerosol based on viral cultures due to mask wearing which is a.........positive EFFECT. Doing my fat man dance right now as I've almost got you to see the error in your statement. We are almost there.....almost.

What are the masks doing? Tell me? Not jack shit. You have two studies one that said virus got past all masks, one that said it got past 80% of the masks, and both say this does not equate to a reduction in spread. What are the masks doing. They are not doing shit.

What are the masks doing? Tell me? Not jack shit. You have two studies one that said virus got past all masks, one that said it got past 80% of the masks, and both say this does not equate to a reduction in spread. What are the masks doing. They are not doing shit.
Actually I posted three studies if you check the link. REDUCTION IN VIRAL AEROSOL = EFFECT,
You are defeating yourself haha. Thanks for playing though. Next time, maybe you should state, show me a study that proves masks have an effect at reducing TRANSMISSION.

Reactions: IrishWind
I think the point is that virus getting past a mask does not mean a mask is worthless. It means it doesn’t prevent all possible transmission, but stopping a good percentage from coming through decreases transmission probability because of less load. We are not the Soviet Union, yet, so further testing on humans is limited.

Compare this to condoms made from sheep. They were not ineffective compared to just dumping a load inside because they decreased sperm load, even if not as well as impermeable condoms do.

Reactions: AngryKoala
Let's see ya squirm out of this one... (ugh why am I doing this?)
The greatest reduction in estimated mean risk of infection was for FFP3 masks, which reduced baseline mean risks by 94% and 99% for 20-min and 30-s exposures, respectively (Figure 1 ). Of non-traditional materials, the vacuum cleaner bag resulted in the greatest reduction in mean risk of infection (20-min exposure 58%, 30-s exposure 83%), while scarves offered the lowest reduction (20-min exposure 24%, 30-s exposure 44%)

Or this one:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41...gb8DzXc6urhVIW-8puyOitKhla6KCQWUjiUngotnrHglE
Fig. 1: Efficacy of surgical face masks in reducing respiratory virus shedding in respiratory droplets and aerosols of symptomatic individuals with coronavirus, influenza virus or rhinovirus infection.

110305834_10214229571888198_7771966968853855574_n.jpg

But, I mean, honestly, why am I wasting my time? You already know that any scientific study that says something you don't believe is due to some conspiratorial plot for the governments of the world to take your goat from you.

I think we can all agree this thread has reached the point of, "Double anything you say, plus infinity."

Think I'll do something constructive...like watching the sprinklers run.

LOL. Yea, we have seen how all they probabilistic models and estimates have turned out do far.

A probabilistic model was developed to estimate the risk of infection for short (30-s, brief patient check) and long (20-min, duration required for patient intubation) inhalation exposure scenarios.

30 min LOL people are being forced to wear these all day. Far past moisture saturation point. Breathing through a dry mask for 30minutes doesn't prove shit. Nor do experiments with unreal SDs.

I'm making a post just so years from now I can tell my grandkids "yeah, I posted in that stupid mask thread".

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47
Oh, it's a statistical simulation. Unless you actually get humans sick, you'll not be satisfied... yeah. ok. What about the one that shows effective filtration of aerosolized COVID? Still you remain incredulous that masks do nothing.

30 min LOL people are being forced to wear these all day. Far past moisture saturation point. Breathing through a dry mask for 30minutes doesn't prove shit.

That's your rebuttal. Really? So, some people are forced to wear their masks all day is a reason that I shouldn't wear mine ever? Makes total sense. I'm arguing with Einstein, here.

Now, look, you can sit here an nitpick all you like. Now, I haven't claimed a damn thing except that I wear one because I think it's prudent and it's my right to do so.

You've had us posting shit for you, now you can return the favor. I dare you to do the same. Post just one article that proves the inefficacy of all masks in the reduction of the transmission of COVID-19. If there's just a small probability that it reduces the risk of transmission, you lose. Prove to me that masks unequivocally do not help, and I'll concede. Note: "Not enough evidence to conclude" or "Non-statistically significant" outcomes fail to prove anything.

I don't need a mountain of RCTs. I don't want 2 or more studies. I only request a single one that demonstrates with significant statistical evidence that COVID-19 transmission occurs to mask wearers at the same rate or more than it does to non-wearers. Short of that, you have no case and a baseless opinion. Whereas, the studies we've provided show that there is reason to believe that masks MIGHT reduce the likelihood of COVID transmission, and that's all I need for the wear of a mask to be a prudent decision, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh, it's a statistical simulation. Unless you actually get humans sick, you'll not be satisfied... yeah. ok. What about the one that shows effective filtration of aerosolized COVID? Still you remain incredulous that masks do nothing.

That's your rebuttal. Really? So, some people are forced to wear their masks all day is a reason that I shouldn't wear mine ever? Makes total sense. I'm arguing with Einstein, here.

Now, look, you can sit here an nitpick all you like. Now, I haven't claimed a damn thing except that I wear one because I think it's prudent and it's my right to do so.

You've had us posting shit for you, now you can return the favor. I dare you to do the same. Post just one article that proves the inefficacy of all masks in the reduction of the transmission of COVID-19. If there's just a small probability that it reduces the risk of transmission, you lose. Prove to me that masks unequivocally do not help, and I'll concede. Note: "Not enough evidence to conclude" or "Non-statistically significant" outcomes fail to prove anything.

I don't need a mountain of RCTs. I don't want 2 or more studies. I only request a single one that demonstrates with significant statistical evidence that COVID-19 transmission occurs to mask wearers at the same rate or more than it does to non-wearers. Short of that, you have no case and a baseless opinion. Whereas, the studies we've provided show that there is reason to believe that masks MIGHT reduce the likelihood of COVID transmission, and that's all I need for the wear of a mask to be a prudent decision, in my opinion.
It is funny he just cannot separate mask efficacy vs. transmission. It was his own words that stated masks have no effect, but did not specify transmission reduction in his statement.

I think we are just wasting our time at this point. His position has proven to be incorrect at this point he is trying to save face, which is an impossible task. Hope crow tastes good corndog lol.

Tomorrow is election day. And voting is a civic duty. I've been hearing this since I was a small kid back when Ford was President I wonder if those that are whining about civic duties will be staying home...
If owning a gun and carrying it to protect their community is a civic duty because that is what the founding fathers said, will these same guys sell their guns because, you know, civic duty = communism
And even if wearing mask is such a burden, wow. Want a good laugh, look for the alt-right gatherings between Trump's election and this past March. Care to guess what these 'patriots' have on their face?

I’m 68 with two in the ticker and smoked for 42 years

I don’t care if an infection reduction measure only reduces the probability of my getting sick by a very small amount, I’m using it.

I don’t care if evidence for an infection reduction measure is firm or still tentative, if there is a reasonable probability it will reduce the chance of my catching this shit, I’m using it.

I don’t give a flying fuck what anybody here thinks about my choices as none of you will be there supporting me when they put me on a ventilator.

I don’t give a flying fuck what anybody here chooses to do as it’s your business and I won’t be supporting you either if you get sick.

carry on

I'm thinking if you compared the IP addresses of both of them and threw in Choad, at least two of them would be identical
That's cute. You have my consent, but this just reinforces how stupidly conspiracy-minded you crazy fucks are.

What, more than 1 person on this site doesn't subscribe to our group-think? Fake news!

LMAO!

Let's see ya squirm out of this one... (ugh why am I doing this?)

Or this one:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41...gb8DzXc6urhVIW-8puyOitKhla6KCQWUjiUngotnrHglE
Fig. 1: Efficacy of surgical face masks in reducing respiratory virus shedding in respiratory droplets and aerosols of symptomatic individuals with coronavirus, influenza virus or rhinovirus infection.

110305834_10214229571888198_7771966968853855574_n.jpg

But, I mean, honestly, why am I wasting my time? You already know that any scientific study that says something you don't believe is due to some conspiratorial plot for the governments of the world to take your goat from you.
really?
you're citing something that refers to actually sick people wearing masks to justify forcing healthy people to wear them?
hilarious,

again, most of the people that died in the 1918-19 pandemic died from bacterial pneumonia, not the flu.
improper use of masks may be more dangerous than whatever you think you are protecting yourself from.

i don't care if you want to wear one, but try to make logical arguments.

sure, then again 70% of people that test "positive" (whatever that means) claim they follow mask mandates, while only 30% are people that say they don't wear them.
see how numbers seem to say something, but don't?
it could simply be that 30% of everyone don't wear masks, but it does seem to indicate that wearing them isn't particularly helpful.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
sure, then again 70% of people that test "positive" (whatever that means) claim they follow mask mandates, while only 30% are people that say they don't wear them.
it could simply be that 30% of everyone don't wear masks, but it does seem to indicate that wearing them isn't particularly helpful.

This^^^^^
You johnny come latelys should accept these numbers and data. Its relation to standard scientific method should pass your sniff test. You do know what standard method is, yes?
"Believe us, cause we use science."
No, its hard to find real science nowadays, because its hard to find folks without a political agenda, or someone who thinks their opinion isn't science.

You pathetically resort to making up shit about me. Have you read anything I wrote? If not, STFU
i am not saying you want to force anyone, sorry if it sounded like i was blaming you.
i saw your earlier posts as well.

I’m 68 with two in the ticker and smoked for 42 years

I don’t care if an infection reduction measure only reduces the probability of my getting sick by a very small amount, I’m using it.

I don’t care if evidence for an infection reduction measure is firm or still tentative, if there is a reasonable probability it will reduce the chance of my catching this shit, I’m using it.

I don’t give a flying fuck what anybody here thinks about my choices as none of you will be there supporting me when they put me on a ventilator.

I don’t give a flying fuck what anybody here chooses to do as it’s your business and I won’t be supporting you either if you get sick.

carry on
I approve of this post. Individual freedom allowed with the potential consequences not left unapplied and no fucks given if they come about. That's America right there, as it should be.

I've contemplated going back to get a PhD but honestly I don't think I can handle it at this point. Between the cost, time and liberal kids/professors i am leaning toward not. It is just not worth it anymore. Now I find myself looking up technical schools with machining classes. If only we had two lives.
I would not recommend that decision unless you really desire to be a career machinist.

I just can't stop face palming at you. You are setting a hypothetical example of how a completely unrelated stat can be misleading to discredit a scholarly article.

Just an FYI, I have a masters in ops research and work as a data analyst.

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
I approve of this post. Individual freedom allowed with the potential consequences not left unapplied and no fucks given if they come about. That's America right there, as it should be.
i agree, and as i have said, other than the fact that wearing masks reinforces unreasonable fear, i think it is a personal choice.
for the cool members here, i would only suggest they make use of disposable n95 masks if they can afford them

I just can't stop face palming at you. You are setting a hypothetical example of how a completely unrelated stat can be misleading to discredit a scholarly article.

what scholarly article?
i was not refuting your stupid post, merely pointing out that masks are not effective in the way they are commonly used.
your scholarly article only says putting a mask on somebody stops them from spewing germs and viruses. it says nothing about stopping healthy people from spreading something they don't have.
you can deny that all you want, and you are allowed to disagree.

So if they aren't reducing transmission what is their purpose? What exactly is this shit they are doing?

They aren't doing shit.

No, if have velocity numbers that say 2700fps and velocity numbers that say 50 times that. I throw it in the trash because its flawed, and anything taken from it fruit from the poison tree.
It's all about control, that's what it's for. The intent of the Mask is not to keep somebody else from being sick is to show that you can easily be manipulated and duped. Go into any Walmart, grocery store Etc and you will find better than 90% of the people are wearing masks... Showing that they're willing participants in the push towards socialism, communism, suppression of your own voice, suppression of your own identity... keep your head down, don't question anything, we will feed you information though we think you should know... Don't question us.

When there's a meningitis break out... Do they shut down the city? When a couple of kids in school get meningitis does the school shut down?

big deal. i work for a huge healthcare company and am the sr. systems engineer assigned to legal discovery cases.
i actually see what is happening in the real world in real time.

actually, since you're a math wiz...(congrats and no disrespect)...

since the CDC website lists Covid-19 deaths for anyone that MIGHT have had the virus in their body at the time of death....

and since the same website says that up to 56 million americans MIGHT have had the flu last year (or 1 out of 6)

how many of the 2,839,205 that died in 2018 MIGHT have had the flu?

actually, since you're a math wiz...(congrats and no disrespect)...

since the CDC website lists Covid-19 deaths for anyone that MIGHT have had the virus in their body at the time of death....

and since the same website says that up to 56 million americans MIGHT have had the flu last year (or 1 out of 6)

how many of the 2,839,205 that died in 2018 MIGHT have had the flu?
Correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t seen a single post on 12 pages lay a claim that masks should be mandated, or that they work.
It’s the people that claim that they KNOW it DOeSNt work, (as if theyre some kind of authority on this subject) and is merely a conspiracy, that are causing arguments.

How many people died from flu during the 2017-2018 season?

While flu deaths in children are reported to CDC, flu deaths in adults are not nationally notifiable. In order to monitor influenza related deaths in all age groups, CDC tracks pneumonia and influenza (P&I)-attributed deaths through the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) Mortality Reporting System. This system tracks the proportion of death certificates processed that list pneumonia or influenza as the underlying or contributing cause of death. This system provides an overall indication of whether flu-associated deaths are elevated, but does not provide an exact number of how many people died from flu.

During the 2017-2018 season, the percentage of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza (P&I) was at or above the epidemic threshold for 16 consecutive weeks. During the past five seasons, the average number of weeks this indicator was above threshold was 11 (range of 7 to 15 weeks). Nationally, mortality attributed to P&I exceeded 10.0% for four consecutive weeks, peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018.

:unsure:

they estimate that 30-56 million had the flu, but admit that when people die from having it, it isn't generally reported except a small percentage that go through their limited reporting sites. when it is reported, 10% can die from the flu.

Last edited:
Correct me if I’m wrong but I haven’t seen a single post on 12 pages lay a claim that masks should be mandated, or that they work.
It’s the people that claim that they KNOW it DOeSNt work, (as if theyre some kind of authority on this subject) and is merely a conspiracy, that are causing arguments.
was the math too difficult there, turbo? going to leave that to the "data analyst"? hahahaha

yes, you are exactly right that nobody here agrees they should be mandated.
i am just citing reasons they might be doing more harm than good.

Hi,

Ok so this is going to be slightly off topic from the mask and no mask shit but educational and enlightening nonetheless.

How many here realize that ALL intrabank communications is being pushed to a company in Indonesia and Singapore? That means every time your bank sends you a message via its' online banking system it gets stored/read elsewhere. It means every time your bank sends intrabank memo requesting anything regarding your account it gets stored/read elsewhere. It also means that singular company is easier to enforce the Patriot Act "request" for information, to the point they are going to send USA Gov and International Gov information BEFORE being asked.

How many here realize that their business bank accounts are now directly linked to their business bank account profiles, even if not at the same bank?

How many here realize that Jordan cancelled their SOFEX exhibition to take place this past March in August of last year? How did they know what the world was going to be doing this past March?

How many here realize that Poland held its defense industry exhibition last month yet NSSF just cancelled Shot Show for January? So International gatherings of the top USA military officials is safe to the National Security but FFL dealers attending Shot Show is a risk of Covid spreading?

How many here realize that Abu Dhabi is still holding its' defense industry exhibition this coming February? Guess how many top USA military leaders, Government officials and defense industry companies will be there??

How many here realize that Ukrainian Airlines is restarting their USA flights from/to JFK in April of next year? Anyone want to play the significance game of that timeframe?

While the virus is real, the hysteria is by design, the actions are a litmus test. We are all witnessing the largest magician act in the world. Some see the slight of hand tricks while others believe the magic (hysteria).

EDITED TO ADD:
And let us not forget the success INTERPOL has had since the worldwide shutdown due to Covid. They have been very very very successful at clicking guys off their warrant list...Especially members of ASG.

And not forget the success the US Dept of Treasury has had in seizing cryptocurrency accounts of personnel/businesses.

Neither of those would be done without the world shutting down.

Sincerely,
Theis

I think both establishment parties are on the same page regarding funneling bank matters through centralized checkpoints for the sake of scrutinization and/or control. I believe a lot of this is in the interest to keep propping up the US dollar as the world's reserve currency. Switzerland, once regarded as the most private banking place on the map, rolled right over just a few years back during the Obummer administration.

A lot of other things on your list are very interesting occurrences as well. It is hard to tell which ones were an original action unto themselves, or which ones were convenient to put into motion after something else precluding them happened.

was the math too difficult there, turbo? going to leave that to the "data analyst"? hahahaha

yes, you are exactly right that nobody here agrees they should be mandated.
i am just citing reasons they might be doing more harm than good.
Not really- it’s ridiculous to quote CDC statistics about COVID and/or the flu to prove your point, while CDC is the one recommending masks. They’re either a valid source or they aren’t, don’t pick and choose. Anyway this is too dumb to continue with.

Not really- it’s ridiculous to quote CDC statistics about COVID and/or the flu to prove your point, while CDC is the one recommending masks. They’re either a valid source or they aren’t, don’t pick and choose. Anyway this is too dumb to continue with.
what i am pointing out (to those that can understand) is that this wuhanflu is not particularly deadly or certainly not proven to be more deadly than seasonal flu. "they" are manipulating the public with statistics that don't make sense.
i will have to accept that it is too complicated for some.

do i trust the cdc?
as much as the fbi, irs, cia or any number of federal agencies.

I would not recommend that decision unless you really desire to be a career machinist.

I was thinking it might be beneficial for hobby work. I really do not have the time now either way but down the road it might be nice.

...peaking at 10.8% during the week ending January 20, 2018.

:unsure:

they estimate that 30-56 million had the flu, but admit that when people die from having it, it isn't generally reported except a small percentage that go through their limited reporting sites. when it is reported, 10% can die from the flu.

Ok, so if there are an average of 7700 deaths/day, let's call this 800 deaths/day due to the flu. For four weeks, that's 22,400 total. Pretty bad, but we haven't yet discarded all the deaths from those with cormorbidities (if pre-existing conditions negate a Covid death, then certainly the same standard applies to the flu), and that particular outbreak didn't even last three months total. Rookie numbers (well, unless a loved one was among the dead, in which case it probably didn't feel like much of a joke).

The point is that all these attempts to compare influenza to Covid are kinda retarded because the Covid data is jacked up for reasons we don't need to cover for the umpteenth time and influenza data is complete garbage that is extrapolated from a small and shitty dataset.

Ok, so if there are an average of 7700 deaths/day, let's call this 800 deaths/day due to the flu. For four weeks, that's 22,400 total. Pretty bad, but we haven't yet discarded all the deaths from those with cormorbidities (if pre-existing conditions negate a Covid death, then certainly the same standard applies to the flu), and that particular outbreak didn't even last three months total. Rookie numbers (well, unless a loved one was among the dead, in which case it probably didn't feel like much of a joke).

The point is that all these attempts to compare influenza to Covid are kinda retarded because the Covid data is jacked up for reasons we don't need to cover for the umpteenth time and influenza data is complete garbage that is extrapolated from a small and shitty dataset.
I do not think anyone here is disputing this from what I have read. The contact tracing for those in the public sector is getting quite ridiculous.