• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why no e-mail wen PM'd? Is there a mod in da hous

ultraman

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2003
AUSTIN, TEXAS
nothing has changed (for yrs) with regard to my e-mail address, preferences etc but I dont get e-mails anymore letting me know of a p.m.-help appreciated

Re: Why do I no longer get botified of PM's?

go into "my stuff" then "edit preferences" you can select to get email when you get a pm..or not.

ok let me try this again: repeat- I dont get e-mails ANYMORE when pm's are left. I have not changed anything including my preferences which include YES to the question: Do you want to be notified via email when you receive a private message?

HOWEVER I NO LONGER (EVER) RECEIVE AN E-MAIL when a pm is left

even thought its a large volume these days I go over the mail that is in my spam folder before deleting....every day...havent seen one yet from sh

Not getting them myself, nor am I getting notifications of watched topics.
I have no spam filters in place......

I checked my ISP account, the only thing its filter does is tag possible spam with the heading "spam+original heading" and deliver to my inbox.

Nothing has changed and have only lost notification the past day or two.....

I recieved a PM notice on the morning of July 7th and have not got a notice since then and have recieved 5 different PM's and 3 reply posts and no still no notice.

I have changes lined up for the next week or two, then we'll see if it fixes the problem, otherwise don't count on getting any emails if you don;t have them now... it is what it is, but I am looking into a few changes.

Lowlight - Thanks for the responce. I just talked to my service provider and he said that they do not block any email at the server. Guess we will see what happens and your changes may help us out and if not that is thet way it will be.
Thanks

apparently you are blacklisted on all google/gmail services, both my personal and work email are hosted there and I can't get them at either place

adam - What is blacklisted? My service provider is USA Company / Cable montana would they be associated with google/gmail services. I know I use outlook express.

I haven't been getting any e-mails either as I use gmail. No worries, just thought you might want to know.

Best,
Josh

I'm using windstream, fwiw. no big deal to me either way.

I really like the notifications, but if they were to go away its not like I'd give up on the 'hide.....

Actually, I'm pretty sure that Kim Jung Il has it in for Frank and this is the result of the latest N Korean cyberattacks.......

I've been having the same problem... started for me around the 8th... I've checked my ISP... turned filters OFF... and still nothing.... FYI.

My ISP is Comcast and all messages and PM's have stopped cold in the last week or so.

I haven't gotten them for years and when I did it was sporadic at best. Not that big of a deal as I'm on here about 20 times a day anyways LOL

Re: Why no e-mail wen PM'd? Is there a mod in da hous

My email notice of PM's stopped working at the same time the S-2 Intel moved to the Team Room section around a couple of months ago. FWIW.

Went dead on Comcast.net as well here.

Lowlight,
Your SMTP server, mail.snipershide.com 208.72.159.25 is not on any blacklists. It also passed all SMTP diagnostic tests. More than likley, the forum is not generating the messages. I work on email systems.

it's not working for me anymore...used to work up to last week..now I'm not getting email notifications anymore.

I use Verizon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's not working for me anymore...used to work up to last week..now I'm not getting email notifications anymore.

I use Verizon. </div></div>
Ditto... no more emails coming to me through Verizon as of about 1 week ago.

Seriously cramping my style...

Give a break, I said I am doing things on my end to try and rectify the problem, but there is only so much that can be done, and frankly, I put next to no stock in people whining, especially when it adds nothing towards solving the issue.

I am moving forward with a lot of changes, and hopefully this addresses the issue, if not its because of the blacklist status, if you don't know what a blacklisted email account is, do yourself a favor and look it up.

Well,... WTF,.... we are on a free site, getting free info, and are bitching about not getting a free heads up, on most likely, shit than means nothing in the first place?
Now if it were free head, I could understand.
grin.gif

Sorry Frank, I didn't mean to sound like a dick.

Reading back what I typed above... I guess I did.

My point was that I am on Verizon too and emails stopped unexpectedly about a week ago.

Just started getting email notices of PM's again..
just wanted to say thanks for the diligence....
smile.gif

Thanks LL!