• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Why No Elcans!!

FlyfishNM, question for you since you seem to be pretty defensive about the Elcans. Have they changed anything to the build of the 1.5x6 systems since they first came out?

I've seen POI shifts when going in between powers. A couple of guys were going to run them when we were given them, but after zeroing and running some drills with them, we decided not to. One of our guys had the idea to run them on the MK48's, which worked well as I said before. I think the idea with the ELCAN is great and being able to flip between powers that fast is a huge advantage over other systems out, but is that system the way it is built now repeatable when it counts in rugged high use environments? For me, I don't think they are where they need to be yet.

So have they been improved? Is that issue only with the 1.5x6 and not the 4's?
I'm not an expert on anything and don't keep track of every product improvement across the board of tactical optics, weapons, or gear in general. Any insight would be great, as opposed to dick measuring contest.

Which gen did you use? "Apparently" there were improvements. I've had 2 of the 3rd gen 1/4x both of which work fine with none of the POI shift etc reported

yes yes sample size, whatever

Which gen did you use? "Apparently" there were improvements. I've had 2 of the 3rd gen 1/4x both of which work fine with none of the POI shift etc reported

yes yes sample size, whatever

I don't know the manufacturing history of the Elcan so I can't really tell you which gen we had. I went to Elcans sight to try and figure out the difference between the generations, but came up with zero helpful info there, so its not that apparent. So I have no clue, I didn't buy it. It didn't come in a box with paper work, they were in a box, in a conex in Afghanistan.

Glad your 1/4's worked, I have stated twice now, this is the third, I had 1.5/6's.

OK! OK! I've decided to go US optics, hopefully it'll be a good optic. That is All! :D

I don't know the manufacturing history of the Elcan so I can't really tell you which gen we had. I went to Elcans sight to try and figure out the difference between the generations, but came up with zero helpful info there, so its not that apparent. So I have no clue, I didn't buy it. It didn't come in a box with paper work, they were in a box, in a conex in Afghanistan.

Glad your 1/4's worked, I have stated twice now, this is the third, I had 1.5/6's.

hey I don't read posts

the 1.5/6 is way too big and heavy for what it is

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...3-elcan-specterdr-1x-4x-scope-variations.html

Originally Posted by Cobracutter
"I have yet to meet someone who peddles this shit come close to my level of firearms competence and knowledge."
Nuff said. Let's see what you are all about. You are the biggest known troll on this site. Fuck your credentials, fuck my credentials. Some of us don't feel the need to chest beat. I propose a duel... Of sorts. Since you are a known scar 17 fanboy, surely you own one. This is just part one of two: 800 yards, pick your target whether it be steel or paper, position of your choosing, 5 shot group, max magnification 8x,(I'll be using 6x), has to be on video with no editing, straight up five shots in a row. Fowlers, barrel Warmers, sighters are fine but five consecutive shots.
Part 2: take your trusty ar, I'll take mine with the elcan at 500 yards. Same rules as above apply but max magnification will be 4x and no variants, has to be .223
If you win I'll never post another thread on this site besides the one congratulating you. Oh, and if you don't own anything in the fore mentioned calibers, let me know what works for you. Ball's in your court........bitch.

Feel free to fly out here and set it up. I could give two shits about your small dick syndrome and trying to compensate for you lack of ANY experience.

Your simply an Internet fucking moron who ignores the experience of people who are paid to do this shit for a living.

So what are your credentials.......or are you going to keep trying to change the subject like a pussy? You don't have to be a Space shuttle recon seal sniper, but knowing a few might benefit your lack of knowledge on the subject.

This will be a unpopular statement for sure but...

Cobra comes off as a jackass sometimes and you may not like his opinion or his way of getting his point across.
Yet he may be the most consistent person when it comes to opinions he expects the utmost reliability and accuracy out of what ever it is.
yeah he can be a dick sometimes but after you get over the butt hurt of him telling you why he believes it sucks it may sink in. One of the best pieces of advice I was ever given was listen to everyone's opinion and choose what you want to let sink in.
In his first post he listed reasons why he disliked the optic that were later reiterated multiple times by what we could all agree is a credible user.
What exactly was the end point of the penis tugging video challenge?
If the scope works great for you and your use who gives a shit you would think cobra kicked your dog and ran off with your girl the way some of you act.

I didn't run off with his girl, just got a couple pumps in and now hes raising my kid........I guess i should thank him.

I had an Elcan and I sold it and I'm looking at a shortdot. I like the Fov and the eye relief vice an Acog. I hated the ARMs mounts especially when I have been spoiled by Larue mounts on my ta31. I felt like I could never shoot the groups with the elcan, that I could with the TA31 and that a lot of what I do with the rifle. I also never liked how high and blockish the optic seemed.

That said it is a unique optic with the ability to go from 1 to 4 power with a lever and with the daylight bright reticle is probably very well suited for a combat optic. Unless that is your primary use...I think you are better served by other optics such as an Acog or TR24 accupoint.

I know it's a combat optic, but did other owners have the same problem firing good groups with it? Or at least were better with an ACOG? I wish I kept some old targets. I also felt the adjustments were course and hard to dial in.

I have one.

The POI shift from 1 to 4x is due to parallax. At 1x there is a lot if parallax. There's no parallax at 4x. So the trick is to plant your cheek on the stock in such a way that the 1x and the 4x POI coincide.

But it doesn't really matter because the POI shift is small and 1x is intended for close range shooting.