• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why reloading is the greatest hobby

You probably aren't wet tumbling. While it makes your brass come out super clean, it takes all the carbon, etc off the necks and makes it harder to size the brass, as well as seat bullets.
you are over squeezing your necks, that's why you must lube your necks, not because wet tumbling. if you size your necks 1 or 2 thou under mandrell, you dont need to lube.

I have one to add before I go to bed. I switched from 6.5staball to H4350 for 6.5cm load not too awful long ago. Well I had a bunch of 4350 bullets to take apart and got going. I had taken apart about 30 when I took one apart and dumped it in...... and realized I had forgotten that I grabbed one bullet from my ammo wallet and used it to check size for something. Apparetly I put it in this box of " bullets to be taken apart"....

So there I am, I just dumped a bunch of ball powder in with my 4350.... I vacuumed a lot right off the top but I didn't want to vacuum up all my 4350 either. I've been trying to find ways to get the ball to settle on the bottom or stick to a plastic container and slowly remove it. (Which I did remove some). Man those things are tiny...

Anyway, the two powders are really close in burn rate so I guess it's not dangerous per say but not sure what do to with the power. Thank goodness I was dumping in my hopper and not my big jug though.... man I feel stupid.

I'm also curious how it will effect the load. I'm not right at pressure or anything so I'm pretty tempted shoot it and test it and just see what happens. Don't want to Serbu myself though....

Did the “I don’t need lube for one more”. Found an extra 6.Prc case in with some 6.5cm. I figured the wax residue on the sizer would be enough for one. Wrong.

An hour later with yet another use of the RCBS case puller, I am starting to realize I will never be smarter than the process
I mean really, who hasn't done this one? That's when I switched to the rcbs lube pad.

What a bunch of amateurs! I thought I was in far loftier company than what I'm seeing here. I was once appointed as the "Reloading Moderator" on a forum, because as the owner stated at the time, "Sarge is a bit of an experimenter, and he's made every stupid mistake that's ever been made." So I proceeded to prove him wrong about a dozen times before I finally quit that forum....mostly out of embarrassment. When I joined back up several years later I did it under a different username, and they STILL knew it was me.

It's like I always told my kids, when they were little..."Don't make the same mistakes I made. Be creative! Make new ones."

Any day I learn something is a good day. Today I learned that I'm still an idiot. It wasn't that big a revelation, but it still impressed me.

Still, for all my idiocy, sometimes I get creative and figure shit out. I have a 1930-era Savage 23C in 32/20 that I love dearly, but the throat has seen several decades of corrosive ammo, and is pretty roached for about half an inch past the chamber mouth. Lead bullets stripped and left skid marks in the barrel, powder coated bullets fared little better. So I decided to try some 123-grain Berry's bullets made for the 7.62 x 39, and while they have to be single loaded (because they are WAY too long for the mag) they don't lead, don't skid down the barrel, and much to my surprise they shoot into a half-inch at 50 yards. Score one for the blind pig!

• Love
Reactions: MarshallDodge