• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Wife got her bull today with the 6.5 saum

762 ULTRAMAGA

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2018
Idaho
After a few hard days of hunting my wife got her biggest bull this morning with 142 ABLRs from my 6.5 saum.

She put 2 in him at 80 yards, one through the shoulder and one through the brisket.
The bullet made a huge mess of the shoulder but blew through the leg bone on the offside.
This is why I abandoned target bullets, I've had them grenade on impact failing to penetrate.

Pretty happy with ABLRs all in all but will probably go to a copper bullet for less meat damage
output1(4).jpg
output1(2).jpg
output1(3).jpg

congrats to her!!! why isn't SHE carrying it out?? hopefully i'll be lucky in 2nd season coming up shortly after getting diddly my first two years trying.

private or public land, tell us a little!

I just got back from Wyoming and mule deer hunt - I used the Barnes 127LRX in a 26 Nosler with success at about 200 yards. I was pleased with the 127 LRX performance.

Congrats, grest shooting

congrats to her!!! why isn't SHE carrying it out?? hopefully i'll be lucky in 2nd season coming up shortly after getting diddly my first two years trying.

private or public land, tell us a little!
Thanks guys
Public land
I spotted a small herd in the dark moving to their bedding area.
I knew where they were going cuz they crossed in the same spot during archery season.
I had her circle above to the saddle while I glassed.
After 30 minutes I thought it went bad then I heard the shots.
She had to hike back and rush to work, left me with all the work
Not a bad problem to have

I just got back from Wyoming and mule deer hunt - I used the Barnes 127LRX in a 26 Nosler with success at about 200 yards. I was pleased with the 127 LRX performance.
Yeah dude
We talked yesterday night
Glad to hear your feedback
It definitely makes me want to make the switch to the Cayugas from PVA

Nice one!
At 80 yrds just shoot it in the neck if you’re not mounting it.

Congrats. How have you liked the 6.5saum I've been thinking about doing a 7Saum.
It's a great round
Incredibly accurate and mild recoil.
I think the 7 saum makes more sense though, I'd have gone that route if it wasn't an ultralight that my wife shoots

Reactions: Brian300