• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilcox Raptar vs SilencerCo Radius

If budget allows, which would you choose?

• Wilcox Raptar

• SilencerCo Radius

• Neither

• Both

• Don't Care

Results are only viewable after voting.

AK74U

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2021
Atlanta
Didn't see any threads on this, but interested in mounting either on my AI AXSA. Thinking along the lines of using Radius to see if dropping money on the Wilcox will be worth it. I know they're two different units, but they have their pros and cons. I have a Sig Kilo 3000BDX as my main spotter/rangefinder, but would like the WMLRF as a secondary/primary role if one unit goes down in the field. Any advice or input is needed. Will be using with a PVS-27 in near future, so NV use is a must also. Thanks Guru's!

Never had a lot of great results with the SilencerCo Radius. Challenge to get mounted and keep it aligned. Laser performance was OK.

The Wilcox Raptar is in a league of its own. Great mounting and alignment. The laser is phenomenal. The price for one is ridiculous, but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for!

Revic Raptar.jpg

It would be great if someone could come out with another option, but once again you get what you pay for!

This is what we need, at an affordable price, but I don't ever see that happening!
The US Military's New Smart Optic XM-157

Reactions: AK74U
I have an older RAPTAR and all I can say is it is fantastic. I have thought about a new one with AB built in but I would miss the FP laser/illuminator capability that this one has. Not that affects the range finding laser in any way. They are the same in all models. I have AB on my Kestrel and it works quite well as a combo.

The ease of use since it is rifle mounted and how well it works in all of the worst conditions (bright sunlight, low reflectivity target, etc.) is amazing