• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will Brace Amnesty flood market with Pistol Brace Firearms?

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    With the assumption that 99% of pistol brace firearms will be deemed SBRs requiring $200 and registration, what will happen to all those firearms?

Sure, some will go plain buffer tube, register or become felons, but I am wounder what market will do.

What happens to all the braced firearms in the FFL stores inventory? I am guessing a lot of people will try to sell before deadline.

Anyone working in gun shops see any changes yet?

Might be some bargains if willing to SBR them.

Try to leave the political stuff out of this thread. This goes on the assumption it will happen.

SC has been repeatedly kicking the ATF in the nuts. I hope I don't have to wait until next Nov to see the full castration.

At this point it’s more likely the entire NFA goes away than this being implemented

I'll bet there were a whole lot of bump stock owners that though the same.
    After all the great king Trump would never turn on those that voted for him...

Lots of folks were very surprised when the ATF said tough luck about all those tax stamps we sold you for Form 1 suppressors, no refunds and we are coming to your door...

I'll bet there were a whole lot of bump stock owners that though the same.
    After all the great king Trump would never turn on those that voted for him...

Lots of folks were very surprised when the ATF said tough luck about all those tax stamps we sold you for Form 1 suppressors, no refunds and we are coming to your door...
    I don’t disagree at all, the ATF is going to try like hell to get all this implemented but the Courts seem to be handing the ATF a lot of losses lately with more to come it seems.

I don’t disagree at all, the ATF is going to try like hell to get all this implemented but the Courts seem to be handing the ATF a lot of losses lately with more to come it seems.
    Even if that is the end result, legal action could take a long time.

Reactions: dnchrist
    According to the ATF letter to Thordsen clarifying this specific products classification, this cover/rest pictured is not considered either a brace or stock. I hope it remains so. As far as brace prices, look at 80% lower prices and how they went up in the last year or two. Well beyond supply chain issues or inflation and not in line with the price fluctuations of serialized lowers. I believe the same dynamics will apply.
    Capture1.jpg

Personally I don't think so. There are tens of millions of braced firearms out there that were sold legally in just about every retailer out there.

So what I think is happening is the ATF is biting off more than it can chew. The entire firearms industry as well as at least 10 million firearms in circulation would be next to impossible for them to do anything. At best if someone got caught robbing a mini Mart they would try to tack on a gun crime as well, but to take them or force registration will not fly. Especially since there is no actual law in place regarding this.

Furthermore the election is about 3 weeks away so with a bunch of lawsuits, a standing SCOTUS ruling, and a new Congress has the potential to stop all of this.

They are planning on dropping the new rules in December, but come early January we could easily see a new House holding public hearings on the matter. A whole bunch of ATF officials can (and probably will) be marched out in public to start answering questions such as "who gave you the authority to target American gun owners by creating statutory law with no input from us, especially in the wake of the recent EPA ruling? Now please speak clearly into the microphone."

I'm not saying it will happen, but if the Republicans are smart they will be doing just that and more.

Last edited:
    Furthermore, if I were in any kind of position I would write a law specifically banning actions from the ATF going forward. Then I would tack it on to some other bill that Biden really needs, and then I would essentially force him to sign it.

In fact, short of disbanding them all together, I would also remove the ATF's law enforcement status.

They would be reduced to a bunch of accounts (at best).

In fact, short of disbanding them all together, I would also remove the ATF's law enforcement status.

They would be reduced to a bunch of accounts (at best).

You think there are smart Republicans, and you think they'll push through anything with teeth?

Is your head in the sand? Or are you just an eternal optimist?

Our elected officials either crave more power, or actively hate their constituency. I'm voting for the asteroid.

You think there are smart Republicans, and you think they'll push through anything with teeth?

Is your head in the sand? Or are you just an eternal optimist?

Our elected officials either crave more power, or actively hate their constituency. I'm voting for the asteroid.
    Please note the "I" in the context of my post(s).

Haha, that's a sweet story . Just wait and see .

I really could care less about bump stocks. I think it's about the dumbest thing a person could buy for a weapon. Now that people are going to potentially pay EVEN more well that just shows how people think. :oops: :oops: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BCP
    Remember, remember the 8th of November. VOTE. VOTE. VOTE. EVEN IF YOU DON'T THINK IT'LL DO ANY GOOD. VOTE. PLEASE, PLEASE VOTE.
    .....so are you saying we can vote more than once,,,,,,, like democrats

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    .....so are you saying we can vote more than once,,,,,,, like democrats

Republicans should do the same shit Democrats do. It pisses me off whenever some dumbass says "Republicans need to be *better* than the Democrats". Like if you are nice and polite it will make up for the Democrats who are stuffing ballot boxes downtown. Republicans should do the same in the redneck rural areas. I wanna see 99.97% turnout in bumfuck counties to counteract the "record turnout" in the Demoncrat districts.

Republicans should do the same shit Democrats do. It pisses me off whenever some dumbass says "Republicans need to be *better* than the Democrats". Like if you are nice and polite it will make up for the Democrats who are stuffing ballot boxes downtown. Republicans should do the same in the redneck rural areas. I wanna see 99.97% turnout in bumfuck counties to counteract the "record turnout" in the Demoncrat districts.

I disagree,,,, all voter fraud should carry the death penalty.

Mentioned earlier, this guy has a good channel:

If this were to pass, I'd expect an amnesty registration and a free stamp. Of course, the trap being the ATF would know you have one, or if caught with one after some minor incident, a potential prison term like having an unregistered machine gun or suppressor. People with means would be made examples of.

On the other hand, if you have a collection of tax stamps, you are already on the list.

it smells really like a bait and switch to me. everyone is going to trust the ATF and hold them to their "word"? folks with short attention spans dont know the debacle with 41P turning into 41F. what a fiasco that was.

Reactions: dnchrist
    Some will test the system early. I think we will quickly learn that 99% of applicants will be told they must SBR the firearms. I think as long as many choose to register rather than risk a felony, especially if they already have a bunch of NFA items it will set the precedent. Then everyone who didn't register when given the chance will be liable.

After a few anti-registration people are made examples of, I think those in posession and now with the amnesty closed will be dumping at least the uppers for cheap.

What amnesty is closed?
    After establishing all the AR pistols are really SBRs, do you expect the amnesty to be endless? This is the mechanism to deal with the existing braces, but the end goal has the be ending the manufacturing and posession of them. So, it will have an end date. Actually "Amnesty Period " by definition is limited.

Interesting how the government wants to offer citizens amnesty when no law has yet been broken.

Reactions: Yasherka
    Replacing a barrel on an ar15 is only beyond the capability of those that just doesn’t want to.

Look at all the money they paid out to owners of bump stocks once they were banned...oops, nevermind

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    It looks like y'all get 120 days of tax free registration. Does that mean I can form 1 all the lowers I have free? *SMH

It looks like y'all get 120 days of tax free registration. Does that mean I can form 1 all the lowers I have free? *SMH
    I'm seeing reports that they're getting approved (but since no tax was paid you don't receive a stamp, just an approval letter). So to answer OP, once approved you can replace the brace with an actual stock. There should be many leftover braces...

Well we've gone 2 months the courts haven't done shit yet
    That's my thought as well. I have parts to build a AR10 SBR that I will buy a stamp for + plus I see a Surefire SOCOM can in my near future. I figure since I'll be in the registry anyway...

Reactions: BCP