• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Will the Vortex Fury 5000 AB send multiple targets to the Garmin 701?

Dobermann

Regular Guy
Minuteman
May 28, 2020
Neverland
www.snipershide.com
Does anyone know if it's possible to laze multiple targets, in order, with the Vortex Fury 5000 AB and have them send this to the Garmin 701, so that it creates a Target Card for that course of fire?

In other words, use the Fury ABs to laze Target 1, then 2, then 3, and these distances and dope then appear as a Target Card in the 701.

I seem to recall reading this was possible - and one of the benefits of running the Fury and 701 together - but I can't see anything about this in either Vortex, AB's, or Garmin's online video guides.

It's also not in the Fury or 701's instruction manuals, as far as I can see.

I don't have a Fury 5000 HD to try this with but it should work. On the Garmin side, the lazed distance is stored in the "current" Target. If you go to the Target menu and scroll through the Targets going to the last item "make current" before lazing it should work.

Thanks. They look like they were around 1500 the eBay one is 2k. I have a PLRF10, which is amazing but having AB would be great.

Does anyone know if it's possible to laze multiple targets, in order, with the Vortex Fury 5000 AB and have them send this to the Garmin 701, so that it creates a Target Card for that course of fire?

In other words, use the Fury ABs to laze Target 1, then 2, then 3, and these distances and dope then appear as a Target Card in the 701.

I seem to recall reading this was possible - and one of the benefits of running the Fury and 701 together - but I can't see anything about this in either Vortex, AB's, or Garmin's online video guides.

It's also not in the Fury or 701's instruction manuals, as far as I can see.

Hey mate,
Yes the Fury5000AB linked to the 701 DOES do multiple targets on the TARGET CARD screen like you said.

What I found you have to do is go to the target page, select T1, lase, it populates. Go down to T2, lase, it populates. Go down to.....etc.etc...

I haven't spent much time messing around with it TBH, the bluetooth is still problematic with all these things, have to keep them awake to be connected. I normally just leave it on the Range Card screen for whatever ballistic profile and go from there.

Hey mate,
Yes the Fury5000AB linked to the 701 DOES do multiple targets on the TARGET CARD screen like you said.

What I found you have to do is go to the target page, select T1, lase, it populates. Go down to T2, lase, it populates. Go down to.....etc.etc...

I haven't spent much time messing around with it TBH, the bluetooth is still problematic with all these things, have to keep them awake to be connected. I normally just leave it on the Range Card screen for whatever ballistic profile and go from there.
Thanks cobber (y),

Is that process of changing between the targets as simple as a single-button push (to go down), or are there more steps involved (such as selecting the target once it's highlighted, for example)?

Might sound like a strange question, but I have the Furys and not the 701 yet - and trying to get an idea of how integrated and immediate this process is for lazing multiple targets.

Again, I remember it being talked about as a selling point of both the Furys and the 701 ... but can't find anything on the Garmin or Vortex sites about it.

Ultimately, I guess the question is - is it quicker to laze and get a range/target card from there, or just quicker to laze and note the distances by hand, and then reference a drop chart ...

Reactions: 96C
Ultimately, I guess the question is - is it quicker to laze and get a range/target card from there, or just quicker to laze and note the distances by hand, and then reference a drop chart ...

It's definitely faster to do it from Target page. It's not a single button press to change targets, but it's pretty fast to do once you get used to it.