• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Larry, apologize for the late submission but finally had a day where my other duties didn't call. Attached is my Mini Palma.
Today was almost perfect with little or no wind, 87 degrees and no humidity. Thank you and have a good weekend. John Metcalf
July 30 Palma John Metcalf.jpg

BSA Martini Mark II and Mark III Match Grade Results for July

Match-Grade Match
186/5X - BSA Martini - International Mark II/Eley Match on 7/30/2022
190/4x - BSA Martini - International Mark III/SK Flat Nose on 7/30/2022

1n4lpof.jpg

3ORnER5.jpg
Martini, I have your scores posted.

RFS99

Shooters, good evening. The original intent of these matches was to allow one submission per match, per rifle, per month. I know many of you shoot more frequently than that, so starting in August, you can submit multiple times for each match/rifle. We will basically be reporting as we progress through the month on your best scores for each Match/Rifle combination. For all matches, I will post only your highest score for the month for each rifle/match combo target you submit. This will allow you to shoot any of the matches more frequently than once per month, if you would like.

We've had a good response for the first month of the matches and I hope you're enjoying the challenges the matches pose.

Good luck and good shooting!

Best regards,

RFS99

Shooters, good evening. The original intent of these matches was to allow one submission per match, per rifle, per month. I know many of you shoot more frequently than that, so starting in August, you can submit multiple times for each match/rifle. We will basically be reporting as we progress through the month on your best scores for each Match/Rifle combination. For all matches, I will post only your highest score for the month for each rifle/match combo target you submit. This will allow you to shoot any of the matches more frequently than once per month, if you would like.

We've had a good response for the first month of the matches and I hope you're enjoying the challenges the matches pose.

Good luck and good shooting!

Best regards,

RFS99
Thanks, Larry, for allowing multiple targets starting next month.
Here is my Mini Palma this is the same 1411 Match 54 I used for the UL target. excellent conditions 3-5 mph this is my first 100-yard target in 2+ years, I use to shoot IBS Hunter as a .22 RF side match alongside the CFBR last match I shot was in June 2020
If I scored it right with best edge it is a 200-17X? if this is incorrect, please post the actual score

Lee

Attachments

• Mini Palma July 31,2022 200-17X.jpg
    Mini Palma July 31,2022 200-17X.jpg
    300.1 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Am I correct in assuming that it will be a different match August (tomorrow)? With different targets?

Am I correct in assuming that it will be a different match August (tomorrow)? With different targets?
My understanding what is changing is that shooters can enter multiple targets for the same class and same rifle and Larry will post the shooter's highest scoring target for the month.
before you could only enter one target per rifle per class.

Lee

My understanding what is changing is that shooters can enter multiple targets for the same class and same rifle and Larry will post the shooter's highest scoring target for the month.
before you could only enter one target per rifle per class.

Lee
Yes, I got that part. Thanks.

Since I’m new to this format, I didn’t know if there were different challenges every month or if it was the same challenges, just different month’s scores.

Yes, I got that part. Thanks.

Since I’m new to this format, I didn’t know if there were different challenges every month or if it was the same challenges, just different month’s scores.
Ok I wasn't sure what you were asking. but I don't think the targets or format will change with the exception of the forementioned change of allowing multiple targets it is highest target for each class each month. this way everybody has a chance to post a high target for the month.

Lee

Ok I wasn't sure what you were asking. but I don't think the targets or format will change with the exception of the forementioned change of allowing multiple targets it is highest target for each class each month. this way everybody has a chance to post a high target for the month.

Lee
Lee, that's some fine shooting! Nicely done! I have your score posted!

RFS99
Lash, same matches, new month. I'll be tracking the August scores separately from the July scores. Now, you have a chance to shoot a second time to see if you can improve your scores within a month. If you do, send me the new targets and I'll post the higher score.

Good luck!

Reactions: lash
Lee, that's some fine shooting! Nicely done! I have your score posted!

RFS99

Lash, same matches, new month. I'll be tracking the August scores separately from the July scores. Now, you have a chance to shoot a second time to see if you can improve your scores within a month. If you do, send me the new targets and I'll post the higher score.

Good luck!
Thanks Larry, that lot of CX is the best I have had for 100yds. shooting, at Mesa's tunnel it did an 18.54 mm at 100m back in 2016 I have 6-7 boxes left of 3 cases wish I had another 3 cases. :(

Lee

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Ken, take a look at the target attached, maybe even shoot it a bit, and let me know what you think? Let me know if you need any further modifications to shoot as an Iron Sight Target. If it's ok after you've had a chance to check it out, then I can add a Iron Sight Mini Palma match at 100 yards. I've attached the white version along with the new black version so you can compare, as needed.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

RFS99
Thanks Larry! I'll try them and let you know the results.

Folks, I rearranged a few things on the thread. Scores will now be posted in the first post, where the targets and rules are attached, to make it easy to find your results. Open the first post, and scroll down to see the current month, and prior months.

Thanks,

RFS99

Last edited:
Reactions: Papa Mike
Iron sight submission #1 for August. Savage/Anschutz Mark 12 with Gehman and Anschutz sights. Wolf Target. 76 degrees, clear, no wind. A lovely and rare shooting day in NW MN.

Attachments

• IMG_2048.jpg
    IMG_2048.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2049.jpg
    IMG_2049.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 48
Here is my August target.

Vudoo 22s
NF 15x55-52
Eley Match
Unlimited Class

Attachments

• Scan_20220802_2.jpg
    Scan_20220802_2.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 56
August Unlimited target from Greyknife (Ralph) Shot 8-08-22
Rem 40X with Benchmark barrel and 36X scope
Eley Match (1073) 72 degrees and 8-15 mph wing Score 200 10x
Aug 22 Unlimited target.JPG

50 Yard Factory Rifle target from Greyknife (Ralph) Shot 8-08-22
Savage Mark II BVD and 6X24 Scope Norma Tac 22 XXXX41 Wind NW 8x15 mph
Score 176 4X
Aug 22 Factory target.JPG

100 Yard Mini Palma target from Greyknife (Ralph) Target shot 8-08-22
Savage Mark II BVD with 6X24 Scope Ammo was very old Fed Gold Medal 900
Temp 72 degrees and wind NW 8-15 mph
Score 193 2X
Aug 22 Mini Palma target 100 yd.JPG

CZ 457
Vortex Golden Eagle
Midas+

Attachments

• Scan_20220810.png
    Scan_20220810.png
    2 MB · Views: 59
MTR CZ457. T-24. Tenex.
198- 12x. Shot on Aug. 1. Been trying for that 200, but it just won't happen.

Attachments

• IMG_2061.jpg
    IMG_2061.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 31
Shot this on Sunday for the UL class and was all set to post it as a UL then noticed I hung the wrong target! was so focused on the bulls didn't see it was the match target oh well I will try again this Sunday. time to go see the eye doctor!

Lee

Attachments

• August 14, 2022.jpg
    August 14, 2022.jpg
    634.6 KB · Views: 47
Shot this on Sunday for the UL class and was all set to post it as a UL then noticed I hung the wrong target! was so focused on the bulls didn't see it was the match target oh well I will try again this Sunday. time to go see the eye doctor!

Lee
Lee, good morning. The only difference between the MG and Unlimited is the header, so I'll post this as your Unlimited score, so you don't have to shoot the other target. I don't want you to waste any ammo. I'll post shortly.

RFS99

Larry, I too shot an Anschutz 54, yesterday my x account was exactly the polar opposite of Lee's, my question is what class gun does the Anschutz 54 belong in? My gun was made in 1976 I didn't purchase it out right I traded three guns for it so I do not know the value of it it makes me no difference which class is shot in please let me know what class to shoot the gun in I turned my score in as an mg score and if it needs to be placed in unlimited I am perfectly okay with that thank you. Tommie

Larry, I too shot an Anschutz 54, yesterday my x account was exactly the polar opposite of Lee's, my question is what class gun does the Anschutz 54 belong in? My gun was made in 1976 I didn't purchase it out right I traded three guns for it so I do not know the value of it it makes me no difference which class is shot in please let me know what class to shoot the gun in I turned my score in as an mg score and if it needs to be placed in unlimited I am perfectly okay with that thank you. Tommie
Tommie, good question. I would say since those rifles are such good shooters in general, they should be in the Unlimited class. I'll move your score to the unlimited class so we're consistent with Lee's results using the same rifle.

Thanks for bringing the question to me.

RFS99

Lee
Lee, your score has been posted.

RFS99

Tommie, I have your score moved to Unlimited and it's posted.

RFS99

Tommie, good question. I would say since those rifles are such good shooters in general, they should be in the Unlimited class. I'll move your score to the unlimited class so we're consistent with Lee's results using the same rifle.

Thanks for bringing the question to me.

RFS99
Larry, with all respect I think the match rifle shooters should decide for themselves if they wish to shoot UL IMO you will penalizing those who have true factory Anschutz's if they have only UL class to shoot in. believe me my 1411 is far from a factory Anschutz and why I shoot in UL.
UL rifles should be IMO any custom action and anything with an aftermarket barrel like my M12.

But it is your show, so you have the final say.

Lee

Attachments

• 1411 July 17, 2022.jpg
    1411 July 17, 2022.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0545 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0545 - Copy.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 35
Tommie, I have your score moved to Unlimited and it's posted.

RFS99
Tommie, good evening. I reviewed your request again, and think you can shoot your rifle in either the MG or Unlimited Matches. I would ask you be consistent and stick with one or the other. Hi-NV Shooter raised the issue again, and I reviewed the rules. As written, the MG and UL matches have no rules that say you can or cannot shoot your rifle in either class. So, your choice. I'll leave your score in Unlimited, until you tell me where you want the score reported. I can move it to MG if you would like? Just let me know what you would like to do.

Thanks,

RFS99