• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

William Buck Memorial Postal Matches

Iron Sight Match
1) 185/1X - Martini - BSA M8 Martini/SK+ on 7/12/22

Factory Rifle Match
191/10X - Martini - BSA M13 Martini/Fiocchi SM340 on 7/12/2022
vmE8asA.jpg

rE6g4Qg.jpg

9bP8c9H.jpg

KaI4yHq.jpg
Martini, all target scores posted!

Thanks,

RFS99

For a long time this product was about $12/ream and that's what I mostly used. Now that the price has increased (along with everything else). I'll have to re-evaluate next time I order.

thanks,

Randy

Reactions: lash
First try at 100 yards. Had to shoot prone as I don't have a bench set up yet. New house-new range-new excuses. One more excuse - I kinda rushed to get this one in as the Vudoo is heading back to Utah for an update to resolve a FTE issue. I guess it's fairly common and they're great so off she goes tomorrow. - I think there is actually a 3rd X on target 4 but target 3 is sketchy so no worries.
DSCN8304.JPG

Reactions: lash and Papa Mike
First try at 100 yards. Had to shoot prone as I don't have a bench set up yet. New house-new range-new excuses. One more excuse - I kinda rushed to get this one in as the Vudoo is heading back to Utah for an update to resolve a FTE issue. I guess it's fairly common and they're great so off she goes tomorrow. - I think there is actually a 3rd X on target 4 but target 3 is sketchy so no worries.View attachment 7911651
I know what you mean about being rushed. I had a half hour at the range to setup and shoot the two that I did. I didn’t feel rushed, but didn’t dilly dally either.
Good shooting.

Vudoo22
NF 15x55-52
Midas+

Attachments

• Scan_20220715.png
    Scan_20220715.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
First try at 100 yards. Had to shoot prone as I don't have a bench set up yet. New house-new range-new excuses. One more excuse - I kinda rushed to get this one in as the Vudoo is heading back to Utah for an update to resolve a FTE issue. I guess it's fairly common and they're great so off she goes tomorrow. - I think there is actually a 3rd X on target 4 but target 3 is sketchy so no worries.View attachment 7911651
Sky Blue Lou, your score is posted.

RFS99

Reactions: Sky Blue Lou
Here's my first submission. Looking forward to getting a better score in August.
I participated when Larry and Norm were running this match from their living room.
This is a great move by them and hopefully will entice more shooters to come and play.
John Metcalf July 2022 WBM.jpg

Larry, here is my second rifle for UL 1411 Anschutz. I corrected the plug notation bull 15 was P10X 14 is obvious an X

Lee

Attachments

• 1411 July 17, 2022.jpg
    1411 July 17, 2022.jpg
    377.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 1411 200-17X.jpg
    1411 200-17X.jpg
    598.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: gkgeiger
Norm/Larry - Greetings from KY! - I been wanting to shoot this match again for years. Finally, I got a day that was hot and windy enough and raining cats & dogs, so off to the range I went, lol. Conditions were terrible and it shows. I shot at NEK on 7.10.22 but had to dry the soaked tgts for several days before attempting to score them. First one is the Factory card with my CZ457 VPT. All were shot from bipod & rear bag. Hopefully, I scored them right. Please ignore the random bullet holes at the top of the factory card. I squeezed both the Buck Memorial card and several other tgts onto the same stand to avoid going out in the rain over and over and one was overlapping the record card. That was my bad.

Attachments

• Factory 7.10.22.jpeg
    Factory 7.10.22.jpeg
    719.7 KB · Views: 50
  • CZ457.jpg
    CZ457.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 49
On to the Mini Palma. This one kicked my butt. Was testing ammo and still breaking in the Tango and the result is not great. Its a work in progress. Wind, rain, dark of night, yada, yada. Thanks for doing what you do!

Irish

Attachments

• 22Tango.jpg
    22Tango.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Mini Palma 7.10.22.jpeg
    Mini Palma 7.10.22.jpeg
    694 KB · Views: 43
On to the Mini Palma. This one kicked my butt. Was testing ammo and still breaking in the Tango and the result is not great. Its a work in progress. Wind, rain, dark of night, yada, yada. Thanks for doing what you do!

Irish
JG_Irish, I've got your scores posted! No Norm this time around, only Larry. Glad to see you participant in the offerings.

RFS99

Sky Blue Lou. Good shooting. My thought is that you should probably have a higher score as when you printed the target it has 1/2 inch margins at the sides. Many of those submitting targets look to have 1/4 inch or smaller margins on the sides. I am having the same problem having wide margins. How do I get my printer to print like most of the competitors? Maybe someone can help me as this is the first time on the William Buck site. I plan to start shooting this and am not too tech savvy. Thanks Greyknife

Sky Blue Lou. Good shooting. My thought is that you should probably have a higher score as when you printed the target it has 1/2 inch margins at the sides. Many of those submitting targets look to have 1/4 inch or smaller margins on the sides. I am having the same problem having wide margins. How do I get my printer to print like most of the competitors? Maybe someone can help me as this is the first time on the William Buck site. I plan to start shooting this and am not too tech savvy. Thanks Greyknife
Look at your printer settings or the document settings. Try different settings like print to fit or actual size. Then make sure you don’t have margins pre-determined. Let us know how that works out.

Greyknife, here is a screenshot of my print settings for a reference.

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 6.24.46 PM.png

RFS99

Greyknife, here is a screenshot of my print settings for a reference.

View attachment 7918279

RFS99
Thanks for the assistance with printing the correct size target. On my Canon printer I clicked the 94 size in settings and now I have a correct sized target. May not help me too much , but at my advanced age I need all the help I can get. I am new to this forum and am really looking forward to competing and mostly having fun shooting. I shoot in ARA competition with a 40X and a benchmark barrel and a tuner. My stock is an original Remington 40X. My front rest is a plain Caldwell and my rear is a leather Protector. Fairly simple stuff. My plan is to shoot in the 50 Yard Unlimited Class and have now printed out some targets. Does it look like I am heading for the correct class?

Thanks for the assistance with printing the correct size target. On my Canon printer I clicked the 94 size in settings and now I have a correct sized target. May not help me too much , but at my advanced age I need all the help I can get. I am new to this forum and am really looking forward to competing and mostly having fun shooting. I shoot in ARA competition with a 40X and a benchmark barrel and a tuner. My stock is an original Remington 40X. My front rest is a plain Caldwell and my rear is a leather Protector. Fairly simple stuff. My plan is to shoot in the 50 Yard Unlimited Class and have now printed out some targets. Does it look like I am heading for the correct class?
Greyknife, yes. it sounds like you would be in the Unlimited class, with the custom barrel and tuner.

Glad to be of assistance for you. If you need anything else, just let me know?

Thanks and good shooting!

RFS99

Here is my July Unlimited target. Low wind and 72 degrees. The enclosed photo of my 40X Remington and Benchmark barrel. Note that my rests are quite simple compared to my competitors in ARA unlimited competition.

Attachments

• DSC00959.JPG
    DSC00959.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 59
  • Rem 40X Benchmark barrel.JPG
    Rem 40X Benchmark barrel.JPG
    535.2 KB · Views: 66
Enclosed is my Factory Rifle target for July. Shot this today under perfect conditions with low wind. Considering this was Norma Tac 22 that I recently purchased for about $4.00 per box I am quite pleased.

Attachments

• Factory match Savage  7-25-22.JPG
    Factory match Savage 7-25-22.JPG
    440.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Savage Mark II BVD.JPG
    Savage Mark II BVD.JPG
    597.2 KB · Views: 61
Enclosed is my Factory Rifle target for July. Shot this today under perfect conditions with low wind. Considering this was Norma Tac 22 that I recently purchased for about $4.00 per box I am quite pleased.
Greyknife, I have both your scores posted!

RFS99

My results for the 50 yard shoot this month.
Toasty at the range this afternoon (for this neck of the woods anyways), 32 degrees C, CAVU, winds light and variable. I reckon I shot a 200.11View attachment 7921795 using the 1967 Walther KKJ-T with aperture sights and Lapua Flat Nose Basic. Sure would be nice to see some other folks try out their irons/apertures so we can compare notes. I'd like to give the Mini-Palma a try with my Walther, but I'd need an all-black bull to get a sight picture. Anyone else interested in opening it up to us iron/aperture shooters?
CZ_Islandguy (Ken D.)
KenD_WBM_July2022_Irons.JPG

Last edited:
Toasty at the range this afternoon (for this neck of the woods anyways), 32 degrees C, CAVU, winds light and variable. I reckon I shot a 200.11View attachment 7921795 using the 1967 Walther KKJ-T with aperture sights and Lapua Flat Nose Basic. Sure would be nice to see some other folks try out their irons/apertures so we can compare notes. I'd like to give the Mini-Palma a try with my Walther, but I'd need an all-black bull to get a sight picture. Anyone else interested in opening it up to us iron/aperture shooters?
CZ_Islandguy (Ken D.)View attachment 7921800
Ken, thanks for your submission. Very good shooting, as always! Let me see what I can do on the MP Targets.

Take care,

RFS99 (Larry)

Ken, thanks for your submission. Very good shooting, as always! Let me see what I can do on the MP Targets.

Take care,

RFS99 (Larry)
Ken, take a look at the target attached, maybe even shoot it a bit, and let me know what you think? Let me know if you need any further modifications to shoot as an Iron Sight Target. If it's ok after you've had a chance to check it out, then I can add a Iron Sight Mini Palma match at 100 yards. I've attached the white version along with the new black version so you can compare, as needed.

Let me know what you think?

Thanks,

RFS99

Attachments

• 2022 WBMPM 100 Yard Mini-Palma Target.pdf
    51.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 2022 WBMPM 100 Yard Iron Sight Mini-Palma Target.pdf
    51.3 KB · Views: 71
CZ_Islandguy (Ken D.)View attachment 7921800
Very nice, it's good to see someone else shooting aperture sights.

Randey

My mini Palma for July. 76 degrees, very slight breeze. MTR, T24, Tenex.

Milt

Attachments

• IMG_2040.jpg
    IMG_2040.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 46
BSA Martini Mark II and Mark III Match Grade Results for July

Match-Grade Match
186/5X - BSA Martini - International Mark II/Eley Match on 7/30/2022
190/4x - BSA Martini - International Mark III/SK Flat Nose on 7/30/2022

1n4lpof.jpg

3ORnER5.jpg