• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Winchester Super-X .22lr quality control

Simplejack

Private
Minuteman
Opened up the box and I'm not impressed at all. Where's the quality control with these rounds? Every bullet is a little different then the other.
Here is a image of the kind of crap I am pulling out of 1 box. I'm not shooting this junk out of my rifle..
I contacted Winchester and lets see what they have to say.

IMG_4047.jpg

Last edited:
I doubt there's much they can say. It's a shame that Winchester has come to this... There was a time that they were considered a leader not only in quality firearms, but ammo as well.

Yikes. Haven't bought much recently, other than some subsonic Lapua that I wasn't real impressed with. Louder than what I recall for subsonic, I'll have to run some over a chronograph, sounded like a sonic crack. Also some kinda black coating that overlapped unevenly onto the brass. The bullets looked fairly consistent, though. Can't comment on accuracy due to my own lack of practice with my lightweight rimfires. Got some more ordered, I'll have to look them over when they come in.

Last edited:
Over the past few years I had a friend send me several samples of their 22 and centerfire ammo. Sad to say the performance across the board is sub par to say the least. Ive had rifles that are tac drivers but once I add Winchester ammo they become shotguns. I should post some of the tests with 22 and 223 loads.