• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Windham 6.5

IanHusaberg

Bad Actor
Minuteman
  • Feb 19, 2017
    Rocky Mountains
    I just bought a Windham 6.5 cm. Not really seeing a whole lot of info out there, anywhere? I took a little bit of a,“leap of faith” to say the least. It seemed like a good deal @$1k.

It has a 20” fluted barrel, Luth-ar stock, pretty nice skeletonized hand guard. The trigger is a hyper fire? Zeroed the sig tango 6 3-18 yesterday. Going back to shoot some groups today.

Anyone here have one of these rifles? Or can point me to somewhere I can find some helpful info.?

I have one of their AR15's in 7.62x39 that I got from Sportsman's Warehouse. Friend has one in 450 Bushmaster. Both of us are very happy with the build quality and accuracy.

I got out and shot a couple of groups today. It didn’t help that I gave the rifle a light cleaning/oiling. First 10 rounds were a little erratic. So was the ejection and the feeding. I’m just going to chalk it up to break-in of a new rifle. By the end of the session I had two bullets in on hole with one of my groups. Encouraging? We’ll see.....

I installed a new Aero Precision muzzle break today, its a four port 6.5 with a jam nut. I had a few factory Hornaday 120 gn. amax's laying around, down the tube you GO. Right out of the gate, I shot my first ever four round group one hole with a semi-auto! Still have some cycling issues though...wha wha wha.... Not sure if its the light gn. bullets? It was really soft shooting with the break. Like .223 soft.

Next, I think I'll try some 147 eld match factory rounds. I'll start reloading some 147 eld's for her as soon as the cycling issues aren't a problem anymore. Anyone have a powder recommendations for semi-auto?