• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Windows Live Search Discount Has Returned

linebaugh500

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2008
Rochester, New York
Fellas,

It looks like the Windows Live Search discount has returned again for <span style="font-weight: bold">Buy It Now</span> eGay auctions. Looks like it's 12% right now (not great, but something).

Re: Windows Live Search Discount Has Returned

Thanks for the heads up. I saved a bunch of cash when it first started.

Go to the Windows Live Search website (http://www.live.com/) and open an account.

Next, do a search on something you'd like to buy (like Aimpoint, for example) using the Live Search engine. When the cashback bonus is in effect, and if the item you're searching for is offered on ebay, you'll see a little cashback icon (gold medallion with dollar sign) appear next to the ebay link in your search results (usually the very first result).

So click on the ebay link, and look for "Buy it Now" items that come up in the list of ebay results. If you choose to buy one of these items, and you use PayPal, you'll receive a discount for the specified percentage either immediately or in 60 days.

FYI, these discounts have ranged from 5% all the way up to 30% in the past, and change without warning. In December I scored an Aimpoint M4s with an A.R.M.S. rear flip-up sight (package deal) for $699 minus 25% (had to wait 60 days for the refund, though). I also scored a Burris Fastfire for $170 minus 30% and got the refund instantly.

I used it for 188 off a nightforce yesterday morning when it was still at 10%.

I was going to wait for it to go up but the max is 200 and I didn't figure 12 bucks would make a difference.

I use ebates at the same time. They give you another 3% separate. Not sure if any of you have combined the two but they both pay.

Thanks to the discount I have a nice new 5.5-22x56 Nightforce NXS Zero stop mil-dot mrad on the way
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

is there a time limit on the rebates? I had 140.00 bucks worth a month ago and now they are not there.

I have used it twice over the last 5 days, and what I noticed is that both purchases I was givin my rebate instantly! No waiting the 30-60 day time frame I did the last time they did this. I'm keeping a close eye on the percentage rate as when it startd a little over a week ago it was only 9% and now it is 12%. I'm hopeing it gets up to the 30% it use to be at!

Thanks for the heads up. Time to list stuff on Evilbay with BIN's and make some good loot!
grin.gif

Is it the same deal before where you need to look for the little Live Cash Back icon on the auction page? I'm searching for a Nightforce F1 and I can't find any auctions that show the icon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need to do a search with Live search and then click the ebay button on top where it says the percent rate.

nightforce search </div></div>

Yeah I did that, but none of the F1 scopes show up with the cashback option for me. :\

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have used it twice over the last 5 days, and what I noticed is that both purchases I was givin my rebate instantly! No waiting the 30-60 day time frame I did the last time they did this. I'm keeping a close eye on the percentage rate as when it startd a little over a week ago it was only 9% and now it is 12%. I'm hopeing it gets up to the 30% it use to be at! </div></div>

I've also used it twice with it instant both times. One on an Eotech and one on the Nightforce I mentioned earlier in the post
smile.gif

I used it today with Firefox to buy parts for my refrigerator.

Looks like the program changed a little and they issue the rebate to your paypal account immediately instead of waiting 60 days.

I think it depends on who you buy from, some of the stuff I've bought has been instant some hasn't.

I see it's up to 14% now, needs to get up to 20+ again.

Great info.
I just saved $200 on a Nightforce 5.5-22X56 Zero Stop NP-R1 with free shipping! Thank you.

I see it's dropping off now, mine peaked at 14% and then dropped to 13 and now 11%

Got a new G-shock Mudman on the 4th and got 13%, but have to wait 60 days. Kinda bitter sweet.

Mike