• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2014 events thread

I'll be up in Wausau that Friday night and heading over early Saturday am. Probably head back to Wausau after the shoot, and festivities are over. If anyone needs anything from the area or a ride let me know. Will, I'll check one of the local stores down here for rl-15 for ya.

Fellow Shooters,

Following are the main details of a shoot I host nearly every year. My contact info is at the bottom. I have lots of room for good natured competitors. Feel free to contact me for more details.

-Will

Date: April 19, 2014
Location: Will’s home range N5906 Rustad Lane Durand, WI 54736
Entry Fee: $30
Course of Fire: This year’s event will consist of three separate events.
*Group shoot: each individual will fire a 5 shot group at 200 yds. Measured for award.
*Team Shoot: Each team member will fire at forty clay targets arranged approx. every 10 yards from 100-500 yds. Team members will act as a shooting/spotting team.
* Total round count per competitor for this match is 40.
*Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge: Competitors will shoot in pairs with one competing against the other. Targets will be 60 mm orange clay pigeons. The targets will be hung at 100 yds. and be aligned in such a way that each competitor will be able to see their opponent’s targets through their own riflescope. Competitors will load one round and have more ammunition at the ready.
Competitors will stand to indicate their readiness. On the “fire” command, competitors will drop into position and begin firing at their own targets. You may fire as many rounds as needed to break all of your targets. The first competitor who breaks his 5 targets wins and moves on to face the next opponent in the winner’s bracket. Single elimination playoff format. Total round count will vary. Depending on the number of entries, those who make it all the way to the end may fire at 6 or 7 sets of 5 targets. Prone or benchrest position only. Shooters who choose to shoot from a bench will be required to use one of the portable benches provided.

Match Schedule:
9:00-10:00 AM Match registration
10:00-10:15 pre match meeting. Teams will be chosen by Random Drawing
Relay 1:
10:15-10:30 Small group shoot: 5 shots at 200 yds.
10:30-11:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
11:00-11:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for the next half of the competition.
Scores will be added up and printed out for viewing before the second half of the match.
11:30-12:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
12:00-12:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for relay #2
12:30-2:45 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
Relay 2:
10:15-12:30 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
12:30-2:45 Small Group shoot and prairie dog shoot as outlined above.
3:00 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge shoot off between winner of Relay #1 and #2.
3:15 Awards
3:30 Final cleanup and head up to the Hilltop Hilton for food and socializing.
Targets for the Prairie dog shoot this year: TO BE DETERMINED
Food will be provided at the cabin. Bring your own refreshments!

• Factory available calibers preferred
• Competitors must be able to walk the range to score and reset targets.
• Bring whatever equipment you want, but keep in mind you have to lug it to the line.
• Load one round at a time. No loaded magazines allowed
• Keep bolts open and magazines removed at all times.
• Awards for top two teams, small 200 yd. group, and Dueling Varmint Sniper winner.
• Each broken clay is worth 1 point
• Entries are limited. Contact Will for more info: [email protected][/email[/QUOTE]

How many do you have signed up?

I'll be up in Wausau that Friday night and heading over early Saturday am. Probably head back to Wausau after the shoot, and festivities are over. If anyone needs anything from the area or a ride let me know. Will, I'll check one of the local stores down here for rl-15 for ya.

Someone need RL 15. I have access to some I can bring to the shoot if people need it.

stoney 15,

I'd be in for a 5# jug of Reloder 15 or Five 1# jugs of the same lot. Please confirm so I can let Northern 50 know.

Right now I've got about 25 signed up for the shoot.

Someone need RL 15. I have access to some I can bring to the shoot if people need it.

Will, I will find out a price. The lady told me they had 70 1lbers coming in but I haven't stopped back into the shop since they came in so I am not sure what she has them priced out at. The other powders have been reasonable for a small shop so I see no reason it would be really high. (unlike a couple of the other area shops) I'll find out and let you know.

I may not make it anymore. My stay over here in Saudi just got extended. I'll know more when we get closer.

Back in the country now, good to see the activity here.

April 26th may be a good day for hitting steel. We are just wrapping up a few little arrangements with the new ownership of the property.
I will let everyone know prior - soon.

Cheers

Back in the country now, good to see the activity here.

April 26th may be a good day for hitting steel. We are just wrapping up a few little arrangements with the new ownership of the property.
I will let everyone know prior - soon.

Cheers

I would be very interested in this and have steel targets I could bring to help out if you aren't too far away!

Are there any events in north eastern Wisconsin? Never hear of any would be good to hook up with some other shooters also

Will,
just wanting to make sure I got this right. No loaded mags. All the stages are single feed?? Trying to decide which rifle to bring and that's a factor.

Fellow Shooters,

Following are the main details of a shoot I host nearly every year. My contact info is at the bottom. I have lots of room for good natured competitors. Feel free to contact me for more details.

-Will

Date: April 19, 2014
Location: Will’s home range N5906 Rustad Lane Durand, WI 54736
Entry Fee: $30
Course of Fire: This year’s event will consist of three separate events.
*Group shoot: each individual will fire a 5 shot group at 200 yds. Measured for award.
*Team Shoot: Each team member will fire at forty clay targets arranged approx. every 10 yards from 100-500 yds. Team members will act as a shooting/spotting team.
* Total round count per competitor for this match is 40.
*Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge: Competitors will shoot in pairs with one competing against the other. Targets will be 60 mm orange clay pigeons. The targets will be hung at 100 yds. and be aligned in such a way that each competitor will be able to see their opponent’s targets through their own riflescope. Competitors will load one round and have more ammunition at the ready.
Competitors will stand to indicate their readiness. On the “fire” command, competitors will drop into position and begin firing at their own targets. You may fire as many rounds as needed to break all of your targets. The first competitor who breaks his 5 targets wins and moves on to face the next opponent in the winner’s bracket. Single elimination playoff format. Total round count will vary. Depending on the number of entries, those who make it all the way to the end may fire at 6 or 7 sets of 5 targets. Prone or benchrest position only. Shooters who choose to shoot from a bench will be required to use one of the portable benches provided.

Match Schedule:
9:00-10:00 AM Match registration
10:00-10:15 pre match meeting. Teams will be chosen by Random Drawing
Relay 1:
10:15-10:30 Small group shoot: 5 shots at 200 yds.
10:30-11:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
11:00-11:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for the next half of the competition.
Scores will be added up and printed out for viewing before the second half of the match.
11:30-12:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
12:00-12:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for relay #2
12:30-2:45 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
Relay 2:
10:15-12:30 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
12:30-2:45 Small Group shoot and prairie dog shoot as outlined above.
3:00 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge shoot off between winner of Relay #1 and #2.
3:15 Awards
3:30 Final cleanup and head up to the Hilltop Hilton for food and socializing.
Targets for the Prairie dog shoot this year: TO BE DETERMINED
Food will be provided at the cabin. Bring your own refreshments!

• Factory available calibers preferred
• Competitors must be able to walk the range to score and reset targets.
• Bring whatever equipment you want, but keep in mind you have to lug it to the line.
• Load one round at a time. No loaded magazines allowed
• Keep bolts open and magazines removed at all times.
• Awards for top two teams, small 200 yd. group, and Dueling Varmint Sniper winner.
• Each broken clay is worth 1 point
• Entries are limited. Contact Will for more info: [email protected][/email[/QUOTE]

Stoney 15,

That's correct. No loaded magazines.
Also, an update. all targets for the Team match will be .5 liter water bottles. Targets for the Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge will be custom made concrete prairie dog silhouettes.

Stoney 15,

That's correct. No loaded magazines.
Also, an update. all targets for the Team match will be .5 liter water bottles. Targets for the Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge will be custom made concrete prairie dog silhouettes.
Any pictures of the prairie dogs with a size reference. Also wondering if you provide shooting benches. Screwed up my back and not sure I will be able to do the prone thing.

Prairie dog silhouettes are approx. 7.25" tall and average 2.25" wide. The only bench I provide is on the dueling varmint sniper course. Otherwise, you are on the hook for whatever equipment you need to shoot the team match and group shoot. Some shooters bring portable benches for themselves. Additionally, all teams will set their own targets, so you will be walking the course from zero to five hundred yards and back. As well as a reset/scoring walk up and down the course.

Good luck with the back injury.

-Will

Any pictures of the prairie dogs with a size reference. Also wondering if you provide shooting benches. Screwed up my back and not sure I will be able to do the prone thing.

No problem. I have a portable bench. Also no problem with walking the course. Heck I may even just try prone this week and see how it goes. I would rather shoot prone anyway. Thanks. Looking forward to the shoot.

Prairie dog silhouettes are approx. 7.25" tall and average 2.25" wide. The only bench I provide is on the dueling varmint sniper course. Otherwise, you are on the hook for whatever equipment you need to shoot the team match and group shoot. Some shooters bring portable benches for themselves. Additionally, all teams will set their own targets, so you will be walking the course from zero to five hundred yards and back. As well as a reset/scoring walk up and down the course.

Good luck with the back injury.

-Will

Wife is wanting to come spectate. She said she's not quite ready to compete, but after she gets a feel for it I'm sure she'll one to all of them with me.

My wife and other female family members are headed to a bridal shower for a future "cousin in law" of ours. There are a couple of women signed up though.
Things are coming together for the shoot. Tests were performed today on the concrete prairie dogs. The bullet really "smacks" them, and produces a nice big puff of white dust when they are hit. They also leave a golf ball sized hole in the backer. Hopefully the holders hold up...

Looks like the weather might actually break too. Looks like a lot of wind and rain here all week.

Weather lol. I remember a few years ago we got a half a foot of snow the night before the match, as usual it was a blast. Looking forward to this weekend, I need to get busy loading some ammo. I'm excited to see the new targets you built Will.

Yeah Garrett,

Nothing is as good as real live targets, but the concrete prairie dogs are WAY better than clay pigeons. We're gonna be grilling chicken this year, so plan on spending some time to shoot the shit afterwards.

Anyone going to WILLS SHOOT NEED ANY IMR4350 4831 or 4064, accurate 5744 2015 or No. 9, rl19 or 15Will, did you want ant of the Rl15 for sure?

Last edited:
Stoney,

Yes. Reloder 15. I'm good for a 5# jug or five 1# jugs of the same lot. Just to be clear, you had indicated that between (Marvin) and (Troy) you could get that quantity. I just don't want you fellas to both get 5#'s and get stuck with it. If you could coordinate that for me and reply, that would be the best.
-Will

Will

Good luck with your shoot, I hope you have a great turnout and some good weather to add to the camaraderie. I'm looking forward to hooking up with you, Garrett and Marty again soon. I will be busy addressing new land owner locations for the WI. Tactical event - Badger Thunder and the Easter get together thing with my parents.

Cheers
Jeff

Jeff, have a good Easter with the family, and good luck on getting the tactical shoot ready. Ill be waiting for the details on that one. We will have to organize a weekend sometime this spring to do some shooting.

Garrett.

Will, just wanted to say thanks to you and all the guys for hosting the shoot. I had a great time.

Cory, sorry I wasn't smart enough to just use my 308 on the first round of the team shoot. The 11 points more we scored on the second round would have put us in first had we done that the first round. Thats what I get for thinking and trying a new gun instead of the tried and true.
Marv

P.s. the chicken was awesome!

Agreed Will, thanks for putting on such a fun shoot. I look forward to it all year! Great food, and great people.

Another thanks Will! It was a great time! Enough wind to make it a good challenge. I'll definitely be up for another one! I have to say anyone who was on the fence about this one really needs to make it next time

As usual Will put on another epic shoot. I really liked the format this year, the pace was great the we got more shooting in. Food and camaraderie was great as well. Thanks to Will and the crew who work hard to make this event what it is.

Thanks boys,

I've got a bunch of pics up on the Hilltop Hillton Prairie Dog facebook page if you are interested.

That worked thanks! I had 2 different people look for it so i could rule out me being a retard.

Geno, my husband took me to Black River Falls for a weekend of shooting with InExtremis Consulting, it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. Granted, I am a girl, born and raised in a city but I love my hubby and gave it 100%. I LOVED the experience and had a great time together. I hate golf so this is our thing to do together. Worst part is that its difficult to dress cute or have cute hair after a day in prone position but I did my best.

My wife shoots with me sometimes but has never done anything competitive shooting wise. She's a competitive person so I'm sure once she finally makes it to a shoot she will be hooked.

If you're up from the falls area you two should make wills shoot next time. The guy i teamed with brought his girl and she did well and was treated like the rest of us.

Last edited:
Just a little project that I have been working on lately, we will be running a trial round June 7-8th, if all goes well we should have a fun challenging event in WI. in the near future. I will keep everyone updated

Cheers

Last edited:
Damn that looks like a great shoot! Too bad I won't be able to make it. It's the busy time of year for me so no real shooting for me till oct.

Last edited:
Holy hell man,

I love this type of setup. Glad you found a like minded landowner. Good work!

, we will be running a trial round June 7-8th, if all goes well we should have a fun challenging event in WI. in the near future. I will keep everyone updated

Keep us posted I really would like to attend a event like that, I never have.
You are having one after the 6 th, right? I will be down south next week
Thanks Troy

Central WI. area

This may be a low key shoot until the property owners are ready to have 20 plus folks shooting, we are defiantly headed in the right direction though. The trial run had two days of heavy shooting on some very challenging targets and angles with good wind. All six rifles used in the test run were suppressed, three 6.5x47s and three 260s.

Good Highways to get to location --
Hotels available 15 - 20 minutes away-------- Mt. Horeb, WI.
Food available 10 minutes away-----

Cheers

Last edited:
I live in the north western part of wi.... If close id love to check it out if you send me a pm

Central WI. area

This may be a low key shoot until the property owners are ready to have 20 plus folks shooting, we are defiantly headed in the right direction though. The trial run had two days of heavy shooting on some very challenging targets and angles with good wind. All six rifles used in the test run were suppressed, three 6.5x47s and three 260s.

Good Highways to get to location
Hotels available 15 minutes away
Food available 10 minutes away

Cheers

Has anyone been to McMiller lately (Hours ? McMiller Sports Center) just west of Milwaukee, WI. I was wondering what you thought and what the range is like? Looks like they are open Wednesday through Sunday now 9-5 and every day of the week starting in September. What's your impressions?

The reason I ask is that they have 100 to 300 yards it appears and someone may be interested in organizating an event there. I think it is merely bench and firing from the ground, but that is something at least. It's a public range and the fees are listed on the web site. I think it is $22 for 300 yards all day and a little less than that for $100 all day.

There was a league at one time for 100 to 300 yards, but I think interest went away because there was no discount for using the range during the ten times you had to visit during the two or three month period in order to compete and the prizes were perceived as meager.

But that doesn't mean somebody couldn't organize something not related to the actual range management with participants showing up at some scheduled time. I don't know how many lanes there are on the 300 yard range. Someone mentioned that there were ten lanes.

Last edited: