• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2014 events thread

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2010
USA
New Years Day Shoot

Tightest Group shoot, 5 rounds for score

Location TNT club– 15 minutes northwest of Marshfield WI.
Directions from Marshfield, WI.

Take Highway H west from Marshfield est. 6 miles to Highway V north
Take Highway V north est. 3 miles to Mann Rd then turn West on Mann
Go West on Mann Rd. est ½ mile TNT club on left or south side.

Rifle shoot
50 cal. not allowed do to range
Shooting starts around 11:00
Entry fee will only be $10.00 per rifle with a 100% payback.

You can shoot two guns if you own them, a new person without a rifle may borrow and shoot only one rifle. No rifles can be shot more then twice when borrowed out.
Est. target range 430 yards
You will be able to shoot 2 sighter rounds and then 5 rounds for score you will be allowed 4 minutes to complete

Results will be scored by the tightest group only not the location on target face.

I will be attending this shoot

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
I think she would be all over that Geno, let her pull the trigger on the 260 and you can shoot the 300 or 338 that you have as well.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

It won't be hard to get her to shoot, just to do it on our anniversary. If was just the other day she said she wanted to start shooting farther than 200 yards.

Anything in Marshfield before Christmas Jeff? I should be around Wausau between Christmas and new years, if you're up to any shooting let me know.

I will let you know if we throw a fun shoot or something together before Christmas

Cheers
Jeff

If you scroll back and find Wisconsin 2013, this will give you an idea of some of the regular events happening throughout the year.
As always we tend to pick up a few more in the area at times.

The 5 round grouper shoot at the TNT has plans on 3 or 4 events this winter and spring from what I was told.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Another great day of pulling the trigger, we had 30 shooters when done, a little cool outside but the club house was dang warm inside. Word has it if they don't have another yet later this month for sure in Feb.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Jeff thanks for keeping us posted. It's been crazy around here for me but I'm trying to get stuff together for the next one

Hopefully the Roasted Nutz shoot be happen again this year. It will be late summer or so.

Militarybuilt

Sounds like another great shoot, can you give the details as far as the format and location.

I don’t recall seeing it last year

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Whens the next shoot in Marshfield guys? I have to get over to Greenwood to talk to an Amish guy about cutting some maple for some rifle stocks, figured I'd hit two birds with one stone.

Whens the next shoot in Marshfield guys? I have to get over to Greenwood to talk to an Amish guy about cutting some maple for some rifle stocks, figured I'd hit two birds with one stone.

The next group shoot at the TNT club will be in early - mid Feb. as soon as I hear a date this week I will let everyone know.

Jeff

Saturday Feb. 1st..... 2014

TNT Club Event

Tightest Group shoot, 5 rounds for score

Location TNT club– 15 minutes northwest of Marshfield WI.
Directions from Marshfield, WI.

Take Highway H west from Marshfield est. 6 miles to Highway V north
Take Highway V north est. 3 miles to Mann Rd then turn West on Mann
Go West on Mann Rd. est ½ mile TNT club on left or south side.

Rifle shoot
Shooting starts around 11:00
Entry fee will only be $10.00 per rifle with a 100% payback.

You can shoot two guns if you own them, a new person without a rifle may borrow and shoot only one rifle. No rifles can be shot more then twice when borrowed out.
Est. target range 400 yards
You will be able to shoot 2 or more sighter rounds and then 5 rounds for score you will be allowed 4 minutes to complete

Results will be scored by the tightest group only not the location on target face.

I will be attending this shoot

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
Pardon the dumb question, but it says you can shoot two or more slighter rounds. Is there a limit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They allow you a few shots to get on paper.

For folks that can't figure how to adjust scopes, also for those that want to run a few through to warm the barrel or get rid of your jitters. Anyhow not saying all folks use this option it's there. so shoot a few sighters and then raise up to the top target board and shoot 5 rounds for score - tightest group for score.

You can shoot as many sighters, warmers you want, as long as you can complete the course of fire in 4 min. including rounds for score.

I used up 45 seconds with my 260 at the last shoot. It's really about having fun shooting from seasoned shooters to folks starting out.

Cheers

Last edited:
Saturday March 1st.....2014

Fox Trackers – Marv Bowmen Memorial shoot – Cold Bore event

Two rifles may be shot per shooter.
Any one rifle cannot be shot more then twice if borrowed out once.

600 yards -- target face
Range finder allowed for verifying distance

One shot per rifle at target
Scored closest to center

$10.00 entry 100% payback

Fox trackers, is located a few miles south of Marshfield, WI. on Highway A and then take Fox Lane to the dead end heading East. Club House located at end of road.

Registration in the morning and shooting starting shortly after

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Last edited:
What time you guy's starting next weekend at the TNT club? I'm up in the air on that one since I'll be in Wausau this weekend, it will be game time decision if I make the drive over.. I'm putting March 1st on the calendar as a go though.

Wow… I might actually be able to make this one Jeff!!

Great to hear.

We are hoping to have a cool steel event again in late April if everything works out. This would be at the same location that you folks were at last time you came down.

Cheers

I don't think they have a web site, its a club house for a bunch of bikers that like shooting, a nice place and plenty of heat, food and drink in the club house, maybe Northern can chime in on the shoot, he was there last year.

Any questions ask away

With the great weather we have I loaded up some 260s and bumped them out 20 thousands further and did the same to my 338LM but only 6 thousands there, so?? we will see where they land at the group shoot. So just saying no chance to test on paper with wind and cold, only going off of my maintenance needed, 2108 rounds down the 338LM and 1140 down the 260.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I wont be ready for this one due to just having Lasik, but next time I'll be there!!

Edit: Hope to have the 300WM and the .260 good to go

Last edited:
The TNT shoot is a bunch of fun, should be even more fun with two rifles. As Jeff said it's just a bunch of bikers who like to shoot guns, B.S. and have a good time. Everyone is real friendly and it's just a fun event to shoot at. My kinda deal.

I won't make it this weekend, we are headed up to Superior to check out the ice caves. Probably do some shooting up at the cabin too.

I have March 1 on the list, I'm excited to give that one a try this year.

Another great time at the TNT club, thanks to all the club members

Folks don't forget about the -- Fox Trackers – Marv Bowmen Memorial shoot – Cold Bore event
First Sat. in March see info on this shoot in this thread

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

Fellow Shooters,

Following are the main details of a shoot I host nearly every year. My contact info is at the bottom. I have lots of room for good natured competitors. Feel free to contact me for more details.

-Will

Date: April 19, 2014
Location: Will’s home range N5906 Rustad Lane Durand, WI 54736
Entry Fee: $30
Course of Fire: This year’s event will consist of three separate events.
*Group shoot: each individual will fire a 5 shot group at 200 yds. Measured for award.
*Team Shoot: Each team member will fire at forty clay targets arranged approx. every 10 yards from 100-500 yds. Team members will act as a shooting/spotting team.
* Total round count per competitor for this match is 40.
*Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge: Competitors will shoot in pairs with one competing against the other. Targets will be 60 mm orange clay pigeons. The targets will be hung at 100 yds. and be aligned in such a way that each competitor will be able to see their opponent’s targets through their own riflescope. Competitors will load one round and have more ammunition at the ready.
Competitors will stand to indicate their readiness. On the “fire” command, competitors will drop into position and begin firing at their own targets. You may fire as many rounds as needed to break all of your targets. The first competitor who breaks his 5 targets wins and moves on to face the next opponent in the winner’s bracket. Single elimination playoff format. Total round count will vary. Depending on the number of entries, those who make it all the way to the end may fire at 6 or 7 sets of 5 targets. Prone or benchrest position only. Shooters who choose to shoot from a bench will be required to use one of the portable benches provided.

Match Schedule:
9:00-10:00 AM Match registration
10:00-10:15 pre match meeting. Teams will be chosen by Random Drawing
Relay 1:
10:15-10:30 Small group shoot: 5 shots at 200 yds.
10:30-11:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
11:00-11:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for the next half of the competition.
Scores will be added up and printed out for viewing before the second half of the match.
11:30-12:00 Each team member will take 20 RDS ONLY to the firing line. Each team member will fire their 20 Rds. at clay targets (30 min. for 40 rds.)
12:00-12:30 Shooters will count hits and reset targets for relay #2
12:30-2:45 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
Relay 2:
10:15-12:30 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge
12:30-2:45 Small Group shoot and prairie dog shoot as outlined above.
3:00 Dueling Varmint Sniper Challenge shoot off between winner of Relay #1 and #2.
3:15 Awards
3:30 Final cleanup and head up to the Hilltop Hilton for food and socializing.
Targets for the Prairie dog shoot this year: TO BE DETERMINED
Food will be provided at the cabin. Bring your own refreshments!

• Factory available calibers preferred
• Competitors must be able to walk the range to score and reset targets.
• Bring whatever equipment you want, but keep in mind you have to lug it to the line.
• Load one round at a time. No loaded magazines allowed
• Keep bolts open and magazines removed at all times.
• Awards for top two teams, small 200 yd. group, and Dueling Varmint Sniper winner.
• Each broken clay is worth 1 point
• Entries are limited. Contact Will for more info: [email protected][/email

Last edited:
Militarybuilt

Sounds like another great shoot, can you give the details as far as the format and location.

I don’t recall seeing it last year

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I just seen this. The shoot is held in Shawno, WI mid June or so. Last year was a good time, there were quite a few different events and some really awesome prizes and 50/50 drawings. Here's a link to the arfcom discussion,

ROASTED NUTZ (RN4) SHOOT - July 20th, 2013 *** OFFICIAL ARCHIVE THREAD *** - AR15.COM

I just seen this. The shoot is held in Shawno, WI mid June or so. Last year was a good time, there were quite a few different events and some really awesome prizes and 50/50 drawings. Here's a link to the arfcom discussion,

ROASTED NUTZ (RN4) SHOOT - July 20th, 2013 *** OFFICIAL ARCHIVE THREAD *** - AR15.COM

That sounds like a hell of a shoot. If it's not the same weekend as the Tomah tractor pull I'll try to make it.

Can't wait for Will's shoot in April, that's always an awesome shoot!

I still have room for more shooters. Let me know if you boys are gonna make it.

military built
hillbillydeluxe
Geno C
you are in. check out the Hilltop Hilton Prairie Dog shoot on facebook, if you are so inclined. contact me anytime with questions.
-Will

Last edited:
I'll be taking my excursion so I have room and am half way for you guys if you wanna break up the ride.

Thanks for the offer geno c but we're going to have a full truck and have to leave right after cleanup.

No worries. It doesn't hurt my feelings if you wanna drive. Just throwing it out there if I helps a guy make the shoot.