• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Wisconsin 2014 events thread

The replacements for my bad lot of 140 Amax showed up today! Now I'll have to start a work up again. If anyone was having trouble a getting them to shoot you should get them checked

Geno what issues were you having? Also I'm guessing that's for your 260? Just not grouping?

They were the first bullets I tried in the 260 that I brought to Wills. I loaded them over H4350 in a bunch of different weights and could never get them to shoot at all. 2.5" at 200... Not what I was hoping for with a built 260. I found a thread on here about a guy that was having problems with the same bullet in a creed. Turned out he ended up calling Hornady and they tested them and they turned up bad. Only a coue lots off of mine so I did the same as him. Mine turned up bad too. They were shooting double their spec so they sent me replacements. My lots was ending in 190 I think. 191 was bad also I'm pretty sure.

Folks

The second phase of the Badger Grinder event - test run will happen in Sept. 2014, if all goes well we may be able to open this up to more shooters in the future.
Located in Central WI.

Folks that will be attending this second test run.

Jeff
Dustin
Ed
Bob
Dan
Will
Marty
Paul
Greg
Ted
Kirk
Garrett

This will be a 2 day event with 9 different courses shot, 58 targets that will run from 5" to Full IPSC out to 1307 yards while shot under a time restraint.
No Magnums allowed and nothing over 3000 FPS.
Pack all gear that will be needed for the days event.
Spotter partner for corrections allowed
LRFs allowed
Maximum allowed round count for event 120

Cheers

Attachments

• Badger Grinder 2014.jpg
    Badger Grinder 2014.jpg
    238.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I hope it works out great for you guys. Too bad I can't get away that time of year. I'll be in McFarland too, not too far!

Folks

The second phase of the Badger Grinder event - test run will happen in Sept. 2014, if all goes well we may be able to open this up to more shooters in the future.
Located in Central WI.

Folks that will be attending this second test run.

Jeff
Dustin
Ed
Bob
Dan
Will
Marty
Paul
Greg
Ted
Kirk
Garrett

This will be a 2 day event with 9 different courses shot, 58 targets that will run from 5" to Full IPSC out to 1307 yards while shot under a time restraint.
No Magnums allowed and nothing over 3000 FPS.
Pack all gear that will be needed for the days event.
Spotter partner for corrections allowed
LRFs allowed
Maximum allowed round count for event 120

Cheers

Ya, ya, ya, rub it in. Hope you guys have fun and are able to open it up to more shooters at some point. I had a blast at the hilltop Hilton shoot.

Oneshot,

It's good to see my name on the roster!
Seriously though, if you think of something that I could do to make the event easier on the land owners, bounce it off me. If nothing else, let me know what they like to drink.
It's been a couple years since I've fired a two day match. I am always torn between socializing and the next days event. It's part of the game I suppose.
One more thing for anyone who may know. I heard a rumor that North Coast Shooters is planning a match the same weekend as the Grinder. Has anyone heard from Nick? Sure as hell, we in Wisconsin go from zero precision rifle matches as we here know them, to having them stacked two deep on the same days.
Keep in touch,

-Will

It should be a great event, plenty of opportunity to send rounds down range, yet with the camaraderie of sitting around a fire Saturday night having a few on the Black range( camp area - Head Quarters ) on top of one of the ridges. We will be there Friday setting up the course and hanging out at camp.

As far as Fort McCoy I haven't heard anything from Nick this year at all, we shot there 3 different times last year. But I did hear a rumor there was an eagle's nest on rifle range this spring from someone while they were there for train up.

Cheers

Last edited:
I hope it works out great for you guys. Too bad I can't get away that time of year. I'll be in McFarland too, not too far!

Geno
Hopefully we can hook up and shoot somewhere this year yet, maybe up at the Lonely Few Biker club- range again

Jeff, that was a pretty good group of guys there. I'd definately be up for doing that again. It's a long ways to go for 2 shots but I'm down.

Oneshot,

Looking over the cof and I see hostage targets and head hunter targets. Can you describe them to me?
- Will

Will

The Target layout info you have is mainly for setting up the range, I thought I would pass the info along so everyone would see the target size in relation to the estimated distance.

The Hostage target is a 66% IPSC target with a 5" flapper on the shoulders. The target will be scored by a hit on the IPSC, the flapper will on the target an used only for any shots fired if time allows for fun.

The Head Hunter target is mounted on a reactive base that flops back when hit.

WE will have

6 Head Hunter targets on the Head Hunter course
1 Head Hunter target on the Blue range
1 Head Hunter target on the White range
1 Head Hunter target on the Black range

Shown below is a picture of my 700 yard bunker where the 66% Hostage target hangs out.

Also a picture of a few Head Hunters without their bases and the layout of the KYL as well as some other steel

Note to the folks attending we will be there Friday setting up already.
You are more then welcome to slide in Friday if you want. We will be staying in camp located at the Black Range on top of the ridge enjoying a good fire and a few cold ones in the evening all weekend.

Cheers

Attachments

• -700 yard.jpg
    -700 yard.jpg
    340.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20140513_222403046.jpg
    IMG_20140513_222403046.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
We will have a 6 wheeler there for a chase vehicle, as far as getting to camp you will have a limestone based road to get up the ridge. Any pickup or SUV will make it up easy, a car might bottom out in a few spots if its a low rider. Travel from range to range will be done with a few trucks and the 6 wheeler other then the white range. Blue, Green, White and Black can be done on foot. The Yellow and Red range are are down in the valley closer to the main road. The range layout is sweet it should be a good time.

Cheers

Fort McCoy info

Fort McCoy will have an event September 18,19,20 and 21. This is a joint venture with Fort McCoy to hold this event. There will be major sponsors here as well. The 18th will be a law enforcement/military event only, the 3 other days will be open to all competitors.

North Coast Shooters Association membership is required in order to compete.

Cheers

Geno

Yes I feel the pain

Being a strong promoter of the Ft. McCoy event in the past, and getting the participation numbers up as well as having a very good average of shooting well there it is a pain to be doubled up on dates.

I have not heard anything from Nick until lately, I know that when I mentioned the date for the Badger Grinder to Marty, he stated that the day before Nick had called and was tossing some dates around.

Last year we shot the Ft. McCoy NCSA event the last weekend of June, again in Mid August and then again the last weekend of Sept. So with that and working out negotiations with the property owners of the location of the Grinder, we were able to lock in the second to the last weekend of Sept. with the last weekend being a backup <-> used if they do not have their corn off in the valley.

We were told that any earlier then the 20-21st would not work do to corn standing in the valley and the opener of Whitetail Bow hunting. After the 20-21st or the backup weekend being the 27-28th the range will be closed do to owners being gone, crop tillage and the owners - family members bow hunting on the property.

I know for a fact that scheduling at Ft McCoy this year was tuff with all the train ups scheduled and a few other things issues as well.

Will, stated once in this thread, that it sucks that Wisconsin has very little High End Tactical events in the area and then we end up having two of the best opportunities double up.

The estimated schedule for the Badger Grinder, if all works out well, would be

a Spring event the last weekend of May or the 1st weekend of June
a Fall event in the second from the last weekend in September - harvest back up being the last weekend of September.
and "possibly" a Badger Hibernator event in early December.

If anyone has any questions on the NCSA Ft McCoy event - ask, there are a few here that are familiar with this event.
In the past with NCSA events at Ft McCoy
Membership which is required in order to participate was $35.00 in which covers insurance on site.
Events entry fees were
Rifle short course $60.00 per person
Rifle long course $60.00 per person
Pistol course $20.00 per person

Cheers

Last edited:
That's the way it goes. If your grinder schedule holds up I'll unfortunately be out. This business is very unforgiving of hobbies and friends. Anything between oct and May I'll try my best to make but may to oct I'm a slave to the carny biz.

Geno

Yes I feel the pain

Being a strong promoter of the Ft. McCoy event in the past, and getting the participation numbers up as well as having a very good average of shooting well there it is a pain to be doubled up on dates.

I have not heard anything from Nick until lately, I know that when I mentioned the date for the Badger Grinder to Marty, he stated that the day before Nick had called and was tossing some dates around.

Last year we shot the Ft. McCoy NCSA event the last weekend of June, again in Mid August and then again the last weekend of Sept. So with that and working out negotiations with the property owners of the location of the Grinder, we were able to lock in the second to the last weekend of Sept. with the last weekend being a backup <-> used if they do not have their corn off in the valley.

We were told that any earlier then the 20-21st would not work do to corn standing in the valley and the opener of Whitetail Bow hunting. After the 20-21st or the backup weekend being the 27-28th the range will be closed do to owners being gone, crop tillage and the owners - family members bow hunting on the property.

I know for a fact that scheduling at Ft McCoy this year was tuff with all the train ups scheduled and a few other things issues as well.

Will, stated once in this thread, that it sucks that Wisconsin has very little High End Tactical events in the area and then we end up having two of the best opportunities double up.

The estimated schedule for the Badger Grinder, if all works out well, would be

a Spring event the last weekend of May or the 1st weekend of June
a Fall event in the second from the last weekend in September - harvest back up being the last weekend of September.
and "possibly" a Badger Hibernator event in early December.

If anyone has any questions on the NCSA Ft McCoy event - ask, there are a few here that are familiar with this event.
In the past with NCSA events at Ft McCoy
Membership which is required in order to participate was $35.00 in which covers insurance on site.
Events entry fees were
Rifle short course $60.00 per person
Rifle long course $60.00 per person
Pistol course $20.00 per person

Cheers

Would love to compete in one of these events, down the road. After a little more practice. Well in all honesty, a lot more practice.

Are the fields cleared off for you guys at the grinder location yet? I see a bit is coming off down here but this wet weather might be slowing that down...

Geno

Had a visit with the folks

We will be shooting the 26-27th do to the very late crops, the crops will be off by then. One of the owners who also shoots some during the round leaves to head out west on the 29th otherwise I would of tried for the first weekend in Oct. to allow a certain person to take part.

Cheers

So close... Thanks for the consideration. I'll be over in gays mills that weekend so again, not far...

With the two shoots being so close are you gonna be able to make fort McCoy?

I heard the shoot at Ft. McCoy is canceled yet may be rescheduled in Oct. I am guessing the base is a no go with all the drills scheduled this year yet.

This one is coming up quick. I better load some ammo, maybe scrub the rust out of the gun! Can't wait.

Northern

We will be there Friday the 26th setting up and camping on top of the ridge by the black range. Are you planning on setting up camp or grabbing a hotel room?

Cheers

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it free time necessarily but, yes, lots of shooting! I have a 22-250 AI I have to finish for my oldest when I get off the road too

Northern

We will be there Friday the 26th setting up and camping on top of the ridge by the black range. Are you planning on setting up camp or grabbing a hotel room?

Cheers

Most likely camping with you fellas. I'll bring my gas grill, (it's a beer keg) and a cooler full of stuff and beer.

Are you going to send out an email with an official location at some point?

20mph winds down by Madison... It's the kind of wind down here that separates the men from the boys. A little rain too.

20mph winds down by Madison... It's the kind of wind down here that separates the men from the boys. A little rain too.

No different than shooting 50's in Nebraska.

Forecast is for upper 70's, might have to breakout the multi cam Speedo...

Good luck to you fellas this weekend! Post up some pics, or we send me some pics of the (shooting) action!

You're not going will? I thought you were on the list.

Have fun guys!! I'm not afraid to say I'm a bit jealous

Last edited:
Thanks for putting on an awesome shoot Jeff. See you guys in Marshfield this winter.

Yes it was defiantly a blast, we had some great weather for shooting as well as camping.
All that with 9 different twisted up and challenging courses of fire to boot.

Cheers

Last edited:
New site is up. I hope all you guys make the switch. Everyone of you that I've met in person has turned out to be a great guy.

Oct. 18th 2014

Another Event

This event held in our area by the folks at the Lonely Few Bikers club – nice range
Lonely Few Shoot is held in Oct
Riplinger WI. at the Lonely Few club grounds

500 yards cold bore for traditional hunting guns
600 yards cold bore for open and tactical guns
50 cal not allowed as far as I know

2 gun limit per class, per person, allowing you to use two different guns per target

Cold Bore - $10.00 per gun per event.
Range targets use a 6” orange dot with a 1” black diamond – you are able to check the distance with your LRF.
No sight ins or warm ups the day of the shoot, Cold bore - one shot for one hit - per gun/person per target, 2 gun max. The same gun may be allowed to be shot by multiple people, but an individual can only shoot it once per distance

Registration starts at 11:00am shooting starts at noon.
Google Riplinger, WI. About 20 minutes northwest of Marshfield, WI.

Look for highway 13 to K west to Q south this takes you to Riplinger, WI. Then take Q just south of Riplinger, WI. to stop sign then left or east on gravel maybe a 1/2 mile, turn left and cross tracks at the curve intersection and turn right into driveway. When looking at the Google map you can see the range backstops at the Lonely Few bikers club.

The Lonely Few club also does a night cold bore shoot which is fun I will post when they set up a date for this date.

I will update anything that is subject to change

Another fun event.

Cheers
oneshot.onehit

I got the call that my stamps are in for my 30p1 and ps so I hope I can work up a load and bring my little guy!

Probably a little far for Two rounds only. I like the idea of it though.