• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

without warning - tmb tuner muzzle brake

We finally found a new manufacturer in Texas that actually came through, about 6 weeks ago. The last two manufacturers screwed us, we lost money and wasted 8 months of our time.

A few hundred units were completed last week. Samples are in route to me at the moment. Once I check them for quality I’ll organise packaging/logistics etc and then throw them up on the website. So we will have regular stock very soon. Things are looking good with the new manufacturer.

Thanks for being patient.

3C2BEB10-DC7C-414B-B43A-FEDCA721576D.jpeg

I still really like mine but the tool for tightening just didn’t work. One and done with a good pair of pliers.

Interesting tool layout. To make it, are they using a shaper, or EDM, or a CNC mill?
EDM.

Idea is to be compatible with torque wrench 1/4 3/8 and 1/2 drive, be small enough to fit in small tool kits but also be big enough to get a full hand on it to use it that way also.

I still really like mine but the tool for tightening just didn’t work. One and done with a good pair of pliers.
That’s because it was made to be used a certain way and I honestly didn’t anticipate people not using it the correct way. But that’s okay the new tool fixes that. If you want a new tool email me and I’ll get one sent out to you.

I didn’t notice any damage using pliers but really appreciate the offer. Driving nails with it like it is. Excellent product. Got another 300 prc build on its way and going to try the ats with a sidewinder. Will be interesting to compare.

Reactions: MouthMechanic
New generation two tmbs are available to order on the website.
Being packaged up at the moment and should ship by the end of the week.

www.strikewithoutwarning.com

Morgun King and Matt Alwine have been killing it with the tmbs at moment. Morguns just won the NRL Championship back to back with the tmb and Matt Alwine has won the last 4 NRL hunters.

Attachments

• tmb tuner muzzle brake 2.jpg
    tmb tuner muzzle brake 2.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 132
  • tmb tuner muzzle brake 3.jpg
    tmb tuner muzzle brake 3.jpg
    549.9 KB · Views: 75
  • tmb tuner muzzle brake 4.jpg
    tmb tuner muzzle brake 4.jpg
    565.5 KB · Views: 61
  • tmb tuner muzzle brake 5.jpg
    tmb tuner muzzle brake 5.jpg
    616.2 KB · Views: 96
Got your order email today mate. I have two barrels of the same length and chambering, one is carbon though. Am looking forward to testing it out on the pair.

Reactions: rydah and 96C
Got your order email today mate. I have two barrels of the same length and chambering, one is carbon though. Am looking forward to testing it out on the pair.
Look forward to hearing how you like it mate. Should work well on the carbon barrel, I originally tested and designed it with carbon barrels in mind and the 4oz tuner works well on them despite how stiff they are.

New generation two tmbs are available to order on the website.
Being packaged up at the moment and should ship by the end of the week.

www.strikewithoutwarning.com

Morgun King and Matt Alwine have been killing it with the tmbs at moment. Morguns just won the NRL Championship back to back with the tmb and Matt Alwine has won the last 4 NRL hunters.
Any comparison videos or data comparing it to the others on the market? I read guaranteed at least 10% better recoil reduction I believe

Reactions: rydah
Any comparison videos or data comparing it to the others on the market? I read guaranteed at least 10% better recoil reduction I believe
We have a big one planned with more brakes and through the scope footage to see what they all look like to shoot but for now this one has some of the best and most popular brakes being used.

How comparable is the muzzle blast/concussion of the tmb compared to an apa ben3 big or little bastards? When gas port deflection becomes the driving point for max recoil reduction, blast usually goes WAY up. I have ran SO many brakes, searching for the goldilocks of combo reduced recoil/muzzle rise but not giving the blast on shooter or bystanders. I can shoot hundreds of rounds from my current 6mm ace brake, it has good recoil reduction, excellent muzzle rise control, and very little pop/blast. I can now shoot prone and positional, ans when the hammer drops, I no longer subconsciously blink my eyes from the shock wave of muzzle blast. This is the ONLY brake I've ran that allows me to do this. There's a certain level of blast impacting my nervous system makes me blink even if i tried gluing my eyes open. All directional port brakes give me this it seems.

How comparable is the muzzle blast/concussion of the tmb compared to an apa ben3 big or little bastards? When gas port deflection becomes the driving point for max recoil reduction, blast usually goes WAY up. I have ran SO many brakes, searching for the goldilocks of combo reduced recoil/muzzle rise but not giving the blast on shooter or bystanders. I can shoot hundreds of rounds from my current 6mm ace brake, it has good recoil reduction, excellent muzzle rise control, and very little pop/blast. I can now shoot prone and positional, ans when the hammer drops, I no longer subconsciously blink my eyes from the shock wave of muzzle blast. This is the ONLY brake I've ran that allows me to do this. There's a certain level of blast impacting my nervous system makes me blink even if i tried gluing my eyes open. All directional port brakes give me this it seems.
The muzzle blast is no bigger on the shooter than any other brake ive ever shot including the APA etc

Blast and concussion is similar to other high performing muzzle brakes, you can’t have both. The higher performing a brake is, the more blast it’ll redirect.

These reduced concussion designs people talk about aren’t really reduced concussion designs, they’re just less efficient brakes that allow more gas to pass through and come out the end of the muzzle brake without it being used to fight recoil, where as higher performing brakes like the bastard brakes and the tmb deflect more gas and throw it out the sides of the brake and at a much higher pressure and velocity so that’s why the blast is a lot more unpleasant.

"These reduced concussion designs people talk about aren’t really reduced concussion designs"
Pretty sure they're marketing them as low blast brakes, so I'm certain it's in their design? I mean a guy could run two 90° ports, then two directional ports, with a handful of top ports for reduced rise. Maybe get the real "just right" combo. I'm pretty much 100% certain at this point a slight bit of increae in brake efficiency, isn't worth the tradeoff of the muzzle blast to ME, my nervous system doesn't handle it, others probably tolerate it better. I'll take both eyes open spotting all my shots with just a lil more push vs blinking and trying to get back to target and see a bullet with a slightly recoil reduction. I mean we're talking 20-25# dasher, what are you reducing recoil from 1.7# to 1.5#? The sled is just a gauge, with no known barometer other than knowing what bare muzzle and x and y brake produce. Do you have a friction coefficient of the bearings and sled/gun weights and distance moved to create an inertia based model of foot #s of recoil? You're correct, there's zero science in a recoil sled, just the crudest of gauges. One step above shooting brakes back to back against your shoulder and picking "what feels best". I tried the ec Tuner brake, felt it was, well unsatisfactory in recoil reduction. Went to ats with fat bastard. Exceptional recoil reduction, but lots of blast. Switched to ace with ats and I'm 90% happy. Just wanting to know if I'm missing something in not having on the without warning tmb's.

Pretty sure they're marketing them as low blast brakes, so I'm certain it's in their design? I mean a guy could run two 90° ports, then two directional ports, with a handful of top ports for reduced rise. Maybe get the real "just right" combo. I'm pretty much 100% certain at this point a slight bit of increae in brake efficiency, isn't worth the tradeoff of the muzzle blast to ME, my nervous system doesn't handle it, others probably tolerate it better. I'll take both eyes open spotting all my shots with just a lil more push vs blinking and trying to get back to target and see a bullet with a slightly recoil reduction. I mean we're talking 20-25# dasher, what are you reducing recoil from 1.7# to 1.5#? The sled is just a gauge, with no known barometer other than knowing what bare muzzle and x and y brake produce. Do you have a friction coefficient of the bearings and sled/gun weights and distance moved to create an inertia based model of foot #s of recoil? You're correct, there's zero science in a recoil sled, just the crudest of gauges. One step above shooting brakes back to back against your shoulder and picking "what feels best". I tried the ec Tuner brake, felt it was, well unsatisfactory in recoil reduction. Went to ats with fat bastard. Exceptional recoil reduction, but lots of blast. Switched to ace with ats and I'm 90% happy. Just wanting to know if I'm missing something in not having on the without warning tmb's.
Unless you can change the laws of physics, in which case you will be the richest man alive, then there's no free lunches. Less blast equals less recoil reduction. There is no way around it. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Different people prioritise different things in a brake. For you your happier to have more recoil to have less concussion. For me I couldn't care less and I'd rather the more recoil reduction. Have you considered using the area 419 maverick?

Unless you can change the laws of physics, in which case you will be the richest man alive, then there's no free lunches. Less blast equals less recoil reduction. There is no way around it. For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Different people prioritise different things in a brake. For you your happier to have more recoil to have less concussion. For me I couldn't care less and I'd rather the more recoil reduction. Have you considered using the area 419 maverick?
I really have, and em very tempted to try one. Or a kgm supressor with full open ports. I wish there was a place a guy could go to demo all these things! That'd be ultimate mans toy store.

Recoil sleds are crude but the best option for showing visually how different designs stack up against each other in terms of the rearward thrust of the rifle, what a shooter will feel in their shoulder and have to control. (I also liked mdt’s swinging contraption they used in their muzzle brake video).

Data in terms of raw numbers, they’re not going to mean anything to the majority of people. I have an accelerometer but I don’t publish the results because people won’t really care what it shows. I’ve used in the past and am investing in a high frequency recoil force gauge meter also for my own testing.
I have a video coming up that will show the big difference in recoil compared to these low blast designs and high performance designs. I’ll also show through the scope video of what it’s like to shoot each brake and control the recoil. Hopefully it helps shows the experience of shooting different brakes.

Something that people overlook is the more recoil reduction you have, the less help you need in regards to muzzle rise reduction from the brake. The more recoil control you have, the less muzzle rise and easier the remaining muzzle rise is to control. The tmb takes this approach and doesn’t aggressively push the muzzle downward because it doesn’t need to, it gently reduces the amount of lift that happens on a poorly made shot. On a well balanced prs rifle the muzzle rise is zero for a shot taken with correct fundamentals and a solid prop. On a prop with give in it you just see 1-2 tenths of vibration in the prop from the shot. So that’s why a lot of guys say they see more with the tmb.

But unfortunately that doesn’t really mean a whole lot because from the sounds of things you need a maverick or a silencer that reduces muzzle rise due to your flinching. The tmb is going to be like a fat bastard just turned up a notch. Which I acknowledge isn’t pleasant but I’m chasing performance and wins at matches so don’t care because I know there’s nothing that can be done about it. Physics and all.

Reactions: McMillan
Recoil sleds are crude but the best option for showing visually how different designs stack up against each other in terms of the rearward thrust of the rifle, what a shooter will feel in their shoulder and have to control. (I also liked mdt’s swinging contraption they used in their muzzle brake video).

Data in terms of raw numbers, they’re not going to mean anything to the majority of people. I have an accelerometer but I don’t publish the results because people won’t really care what it shows. I’ve used in the past and am investing in a high frequency recoil force gauge meter also for my own testing.
I have a video coming up that will show the big difference in recoil compared to these low blast designs and high performance designs. I’ll also show through the scope video of what it’s like to shoot each brake and control the recoil. Hopefully it helps shows the experience of shooting different brakes.

Something that people overlook is the more recoil reduction you have, the less help you need in regards to muzzle rise reduction from the brake. The more recoil control you have, the less muzzle rise and easier the remaining muzzle rise is to control. The tmb takes this approach and doesn’t aggressively push the muzzle downward because it doesn’t need to, it gently reduces the amount of lift that happens on a poorly made shot. On a well balanced prs rifle the muzzle rise is zero for a shot taken with correct fundamentals and a solid prop. On a prop with give in it you just see 1-2 tenths of vibration in the prop from the shot. So that’s why a lot of guys say they see more with the tmb.

But unfortunately that doesn’t really mean a whole lot because from the sounds of things you need a maverick or a silencer that reduces muzzle rise due to your flinching. The tmb is going to be like a fat bastard just turned up a notch. Which I acknowledge isn’t pleasant but I’m chasing performance and wins at matches so don’t care because I know there’s nothing that can be done about it. Physics and all.
Not a flinch, closing of eyes in reaction of muzzle blast and recoil. Flinching is a totally different syndrome. Watch many top level shooters, they do it too. They don't flinch. I am a solid shooter with good fundamentals. Anyways........I'll be ordering a maverick sounds like. I appreciate all your info and help. I really like the idea of integrated tuners/brakes. Everyone has different wants/desires in the performance of their rig. My bra is over 26# all up loaded and Ckyepod, so in all honesty, there's very little recoil regardless of brake choice, I just perform much better with less muzzle blast, and I'm far less fatigued at the end of the day.

US orders are now shipping.

We also have a big recoil comparison video coming up. A follow up to the original.
The brakes we will be testing are:

Apa fat bastard gen 3
Apa little bastard gen 3
Area419 sidewinder
Area419 hellfire match
Ec tuner brake
Insite arms heathen
Hawkins tank
MDT comp brake
Mpa ba brake

We will do through the scope footage as well to see what they’re like to shoot for muzzle rise and controllability. Should be fun and be done within a month.

DAD6F51F-8B02-4C1E-B845-374CC45C3F38.jpeg

Did a quick test today.

6.5mm and .308 brake both on a 6.5 creedmoor to see what the difference is recoil is between the two. I get asked this question frequently so hopefully the video can answer that question for people.

Got one on the way. Excited to shoot it. Ive got a couple of ATS tuners that I use on certain barrels. I figured why not try something else?

For the world champs coming up in a few weeks we did some gold titanium nitride tmbs with the new caliber change inserts for Morgun King.

They came out really nice.

8F5387D4-DC2A-4310-A57E-E90E0B7F4260.jpeg

E4026561-B950-40B4-A0FA-01B740812986.jpeg

Also we were on Morgun’s podcast the mythology of marksmanship talking about tmbs, training, matches and what the company is up to. Check it out at: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/fhkgx-269967/Mythology-of-Marksmanship-Podcast

As of the release of the podcast we’re also doing a giveaway of a tmb. So head to our Instagram page if you want to enter and listen to the mythology of marksmanship podcast to find out who the winner is. 🤙🏻

Sorry I hate to tell you a tuner will not change your standard deviation. You're seeing differences because of low quality loads
and or Barrel temperature. The only way you can determine is larger samples on standard deviation. You are correct that a tuner will change your group sizes but it will not change your standard

Sorry I hate to tell you a tuner will not change your standard deviation. You're seeing differences because of low quality loads
and or Barrel temperature. The only way you can determine is larger samples on standard deviation. You are correct that a tuner will change your group sizes but it will not change your standard

Who said anything about SD changing due to a tuner? I mentioned SD changing from me changing primers. I am well aware a tuner doesn't change velocity in any fashion. I was initially using 450's and wanted to see that same load with 205Ms.

Last edited:
Just read every post on this thread. Very intriguing design and glad you found a reliable manufacturer in my home State, the Lone Star State of Texas. Wish I'd seen this sooner. I run two if the EC Tuner Brakes and just ordered a third for a 300 Win Mag build. I'm completely sold that tuners work if work is done to set them correctly. Love to see your product really take off! Have you contacted any of the ELR shooting pros with youtube channels? Cortina has done well through aggressive marketing and I watched a ton of youtube reviews before I purchased my first EC Tuner Brake. Gavintoobe channel on Youtube is another site with a big following. Best of fortunes and again, love to see your product go far and wide through the shooting community!

will we ever see this brake 'without' the tuner portion? just the self timing brake?

or a bigger 1.25"+ diameter to fit over straight tubes?
Possibly later in the year. Just focusing on supply and demand at the moment.

Our current eta on product is 4 weeks for electropolish and 6 weeks for dlc coated. We will take preorders when the product is complete and just needs to be assembled/packaged up. Which will be about a week before they ship.

Just read every post on this thread. Very intriguing design and glad you found a reliable manufacturer in my home State, the Lone Star State of Texas. Wish I'd seen this sooner. I run two if the EC Tuner Brakes and just ordered a third for a 300 Win Mag build. I'm completely sold that tuners work if work is done to set them correctly. Love to see your product really take off! Have you contacted any of the ELR shooting pros with youtube channels? Cortina has done well through aggressive marketing and I watched a ton of youtube reviews before I purchased my first EC Tuner Brake. Gavintoobe channel on Youtube is another site with a big following. Best of fortunes and again, love to see your product go far and wide through the shooting community!
Unfortunately Gavin only does paid videos and the cost is high. So that’s not in our marketing budget, we are small and still starting out and most of the big YouTube channels/competitors we’ve sent product too just take the products and never produce content on them, even though you see them using them all the time on their socials. They seem to only put the effort in when you’re a bigger company that’s going to send them a lot of product and frequently or pay them. They know they can get stuff for free by promising the world and then not give anything back, so most do. It’s pretty lame to be honest.

Unfortunately Gavin only does paid videos and the cost is high. So that’s not in our marketing budget, we are small and still starting out and most of the big YouTube channels/competitors we’ve sent product too just take the products and never produce content on them, even though you see them using them all the time on their socials. They seem to only put the effort in when you’re a bigger company that’s going to send them a lot of product and frequently or pay them. They know they can get stuff for free by promising the world and then not give anything back, so most do. It’s pretty lame to be honest.

Can you name the folks you've sent product to who doesn't give anything in return? I hate it when there's too much deference to the well-known "personalities"; public shaming can usually nip that in the bud. Repeat offenders should be known so other vendors can stay away from them.

Possibly later in the year. Just focusing on supply and demand at the moment.

Our current eta on product is 4 weeks for electropolish and 6 weeks for dlc coated. We will take preorders when the product is complete and just needs to be assembled/packaged up. Which will be about a week before they ship.
Hoping to pick up another tmb when they are available again. I think that electropolish is going to be the ticket.

Was able to get my 6gt to shoot consistent one hole groups, hoping the tmb will get my 6arc to tighten up with factory ammo too.

Can you name the folks you've sent product to who doesn't give anything in return? I hate it when there's too much deference to the well-known "personalities"; public shaming can usually nip that in the bud. Repeat offenders should be known so other vendors can stay away from them.

I paid for mine and did a short video on it. I mentioned it on my last podcast. I'm really enjoying it. I buy the stuff I try out and give honest opinions on it and sometimes, give it away for the podcast. With that said I'm not a "gear review" centered type entity.

I have been running the Gen1 on the 6.5CM and Gen2 on the 6CM match barrels since they first came out. I have a handful of other brakes that now feel inferior, which is annoying!

Short opinion: I really like these brakes. The barrels settled down and shot tighter groups even without tuning them.

Longer opinion: The machining is excellent, the quality of the components is obvious when you open the packaging. The brake threads on and locks up solid, the supplied key wrench locks the brake in place easily. Two grub screws release the rotating tuner collar with easy to see reference marks for tuning. There is a fair bit of heft to this product. We conducted recoil comparison tests recently against a wide array of other brakes available on the market, the TMB smashed everything else, by a convincing margin. Previously I used Area419 Sidewinder brakes exclusively on numerous rifles... The TMB is by far superior recoil wise and shooting factory box ammo, this now gives me the opportunity to adjust the rifle to suit the ammo, something that was never an option previously. I absolutely believe this is a superior product and definitely worth your attention. BJ is a good dude, he works hard and knows what he's talking about. The TMB is excellent.

ATX PRS.jpg

When will more be in stock?
Nvm read back a few posts to your update.

Last edited:
We will be interviewing all the top shooters running the tmb, here and around the world with the new "5 minutes with..." format.
Hopefully you guys like seeing their builds, hearing what they run, why, their style and what they think of the tmb.

First up is my boy Birchy, whos always on the podium here in Australia.

I think I recalled seeing there was a lightweight hunting model in the works, any confirmation if true/ eta to market? I've got a 300prc that I hunt with but also shoot long range, a light model would be perfect. Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention I shot my TMB for the first time today of my 6.5 CM, didn't even get a chance to play with the tuner but even at base setting it tightened my groups up from .5 to roughly .3 with my hand loads. I absolutely love it!

I think I recalled seeing there was a lightweight hunting model in the works, any confirmation if true/ eta to market? I've got a 300prc that I hunt with but also shoot long range, a light model would be perfect. Thanks!

Edit: forgot to mention I shot my TMB for the first time today of my 6.5 CM, didn't even get a chance to play with the tuner but even at base setting it tightened my groups up from .5 to roughly .3 with my hand loads. I absolutely love it!
Thanks for the feedback bro! Harmonic dampening is a wonderful thing.

The lightweight model is coming just trying to keep up with supply and demand at the moment. March will probably be the eta.