• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wondering when my TRG was manufactured.

libertyman777

Are you gonna eat that....
Minuteman
Nov 26, 2007
Heflin, Alabama
This is what happens when your saving for glass and waiting for parts lol.

Called the guys at Europtic yesterday for recommendations on a scope mount. (Went with the Badger with stop pin btw).

But it came up in conversation that the TRG’s all come with screwed and glued picatinny rails and have so for at least 5 years, maybe seven according to the gentleman helping me. There is no evidence of any glue residue on the receiver. The previous owner used a quick detach rail.

I dont have a bore scope but the rifle looks nearly new, the bolt has seemingly little wear. Personally it doesn’t matter to me if it’s a 2000 model. But I started looking online and there doesn’t seem to be a way to determine the year of manufacture.

I’ve heard there are some differences in the pre2013 rifles. I suspect mine is at least this old.

Anyone have a resource?

Pre-2013 rifles have a small safety selector button, on the Post-13 models they put a wider button on there that sticks out the sides of the trigger guard. Also the trigger guard is aluminum on the newer ones and Delrin or Nylon on the older ones. The new trigger has a capture adjustment screw and it only adjust 1st stage pull weight. There's other changes too but that should help you identify it.
Justin

The bolt knob on older models is also different. This is an older bolt knob which looks a lot like a TRG 21 item. I don’t have any idea on the age though.

Attachments

• 85540DF2-D787-4F96-9281-2439462576F1.jpeg
    85540DF2-D787-4F96-9281-2439462576F1.jpeg
    62.8 KB · Views: 9
Try posting on the TRG thread, quite a few owners there who might be able to help you out

It's a pre-13' model, the smaller saftey lever is a dead give away. If you got to the Sako website they list and show pics of the post 13' model updates.

Get glass on it, shoot it and be prepared to be amazed.
I have two of these in the same year class and they are easily the most accurate factory .308 I have ever shot, hence the reason for getting the second one.
Enjoy,
Scott