• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Woodchuck / Groundhog hunting in the Northeast

Cbmax

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
New Jersey
Hi All,

Can anyone suggest a guide service for a groundhog and or woodchuck hunt somewhere in the Northeast? I live in NJ. I'd like to find someone within an 8 to possibly 10 hour drive. This would be a first time hunt for me and I am not quite ready to hop on a plane to go out west yet. Plus it seems easier to bring multiple rifles in a car than on a plane.

Please let me know what you could suggest.

Chris

Re: Woodchuck / Groundhog hunting in the Northeast

When I lived back there,we would go upstate NY, Delaware County,find a large farm and ask the farmer if we could shoot some Groundhogs. They welcomed us with open arms. The whistle trick is a no brainer.

If I only knew there was a market for guided groundhog hunts......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I only knew there was a market for guided groundhog hunts...... </div></div>
Same here. Guess we take them for granted.

Make friends with your local farmers! They are the key to having good places to hunt chucks. I'm a native Western NY'er and shooting woodchucks is great fun.

Good luck and happy shooting. Spring time is coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I only knew there was a market for guided groundhog hunts...... </div></div>
</div></div>

To the OP, you are probably not much more than 10ish hours from here, give or take.

Look me up in the Late Spring....Groundhogs are $350 per day for guide fees, unlimited take. Hunt includes breakfasts and lunch at McDonalds and supper at Hardee's. A five day hunt will net you a 6th day for no charge. ARCOREY and I will split the guide duty, and the profit.

License, lodging, taxidermy, are extra........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If I only knew there was a market for guided groundhog hunts...... </div></div>
</div></div>

To the OP, you are probably not much more than 10ish hours from here, give or take.

Look me up in the Late Spring....Groundhogs are $350 per day for guide fees, unlimited take. Hunt includes breakfasts and lunch at McDonalds and supper at Hardee's. A five day hunt will net you a 6th day for no charge. ARCOREY and I will split the guide duty, and the profit.

License, lodging, taxidermy, are extra........ </div></div>
laugh.gif

You forgot AR rental and ammo fee's, LOL. Seriously, find mounds in fields and start knocking on doors. Never met a farmer that liked a whistle pig yet.

LOL. This is rich. If you're seriously willing to travel (and buy a non-resident license...) I would recommend you find a few guys in Snyder, Union, Centre, Juniata, Mifflin; the Amish land in Central PA is all good. Knock on some doors, be polite and you'll get permission to hunt more property than you know what to do with.

Also, PLEASE make sure you know how to hunt responsibly and respectfully! Know your target and what is beyond. You're doing all us hunters a favor, but yourself most of all. Be aware that you may have to modify tactics and weapon selection depending on the specific location. For example, a magnum rifle may be a bad selection if you're in a highly populated area; even if you can shoot safely, the noise is going to cause some to complain. Some places will demand a rimfire with frangible projectiles; be aware and be willing to adapt.

Whackin' groundhogs is a lot of fun and great practice, but I don't think it's worth going out of state to do! Go local and find some farmers to befriend.

-The Kid.

If you go to Pa. remember that they require a blaze orange cap be worn while chuck hunting (any time of year). I suppose it is so no one gets shot in the head while putting on a belly crawling sneak.
Like others have said, this is something that you can do on your own. Be safe and responsible and for heavens sake, if you open a gate, close it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be safe and responsible and for heavens sake, if you open a gate, close it. </div></div>

A couple of good Rules to live by, regarding gates:

1.) USE the damn gates, stay the hell OFF of the damn fences.

2.)If you find it open, leave it open. If you find it closed, close it behind you....the Farmer knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

One thing that will pissoff a Farmer to no end is fucking around with his gates and letting stock out of an area he wants to keep them in, or locking them out of an area that he wants them to have access to.

Farmers have gates for good reasons........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper 762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you go to Pa. remember that they require a blaze orange cap be worn while chuck hunting (any time of year). I suppose it is so no one gets shot in the head while putting on a belly crawling sneak.
Like others have said, this is something that you can do on your own. Be safe and responsible and for heavens sake, if you open a gate, close it. </div></div>

To add to that...PA requires 250 square inches of blaze orange while hunting in any season for anything. Cap and vest is all you need. </div></div>

Um...where you getting your information there, my friend? Somebody told you wrong. There are several exceptions to that.

For example, NO orange required when:
- hunting dove, crow, fur bearers (skunk, possum, coon, etc.), or coyote (classified separately because no fur.
- early archery season (except during overlap with muzzleloader, fall turkey and bear season...when moving and orange posted w/in 15' of stationary position.).
- late primitive arms deer season.
- turkey (except for while moving during the fall.)
- and probably a few I can't think of right now.

Most other seasons require 250 square inches of orange. Groundhog hunting is, however, an exception to that rule; only 100 square inches need be displayed, visible 360 degrees, on head. Most orange caps meet this requirement nicely.

Read your handbook, 'eh?

-The Kid.

(EDITED TO SAY: Love the signature, Viper. Good stuff.)

I'll guide you in Ky for $400 per day (I'm not cheap but I never liked to be the cheapest guy on the block). You buy my lunch, feed me a good steak dinner in the evening and I will shuttle you around different farms and we can get you on some clover rats, barn holers, fury fence *$?@!%~ and even drop some coyotes if we see them. Breakfast,room and board is all you. You bring three to four weapons and all their ammo. A 22LR/or 22 magnum pistol for barn CQB of those pesky varmits, a 22LR /17HMR /22 magnum for fairly close rifle work, 223/ 22-250/ 220 swift for up to 400 yards, 243,6mm, 260 --- to 300 win mag for longer range work. These are just recommendations but I just want a safe shooter with me. If you are careless with your weapon in my presence, I will shoot you. Thats why I always ask for payment before I go hunting, I don't want to go thru a dead guys wallet.
If you are gay and you hit on me then going thru your wallet as you are dying will be alright by me.
Hahahahahaha!
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll guide you in Ky for $400 per day (I'm not cheap but I never liked to be the cheapest guy on the block).............SmokeRolls </div></div>

Sign me up for a month!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HathcockWannebe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper 762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you go to Pa. remember that they require a blaze orange cap be worn while chuck hunting (any time of year). I suppose it is so no one gets shot in the head while putting on a belly crawling sneak.
Like others have said, this is something that you can do on your own. Be safe and responsible and for heavens sake, if you open a gate, close it. </div></div>

To add to that...PA requires 250 square inches of blaze orange while hunting in any season for anything. Cap and vest is all you need. </div></div>

Um...where you getting your information there, my friend? Somebody told you wrong. There are several exceptions to that.

- hunting dove, crow, fur bearers (skunk, possum, coon, etc.), or coyote (classified separately because no fur.
- early archery season (except during overlap with muzzleloader, fall turkey and bear season...when moving and orange posted w/in 15' of stationary position.).

Most other seasons require 250 square inches of orange. Groundhog hunting is, however, an exception to that rule; only 100 square inches need be displayed, visible 360 degrees, on head. Most orange caps meet this requirement nicely.

Read your handbook, 'eh?

-The Kid.

(EDITED TO SAY: Love the signature, Viper. Good stuff.) </div></div>

All that anal safety stuff in the woods, and they let you ride a motorcycle without a helmet.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll guide you in Ky for $400 per day (I'm not cheap but I never liked to be the cheapest guy on the block).............SmokeRolls </div></div>

Sign me up for a month!</div></div>
We will have to wait for Phil to get out of his hole.
That will be $12,000 for one month. I went ahead and rounded it up for you just so it's easier to figure. I know a great steak place to boot, I'll tell them we are coming. I'll bring my family, they would like to eat there to.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HathcockWannebe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Viper 762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: leagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you go to Pa. remember that they require a blaze orange cap be worn while chuck hunting (any time of year). I suppose it is so no one gets shot in the head while putting on a belly crawling sneak.

Read your handbook, 'eh?

-The Kid.

(EDITED TO SAY: Love the signature, Viper. Good stuff.) </div></div>

All that anal safety stuff in the woods, and they let you ride a motorcycle without a helmet..... </div></div>

Roger that! Get's old in a hurry.

Thank you for all of the responses. I have to say some of you are pretty humorous. Not to worry though, I am pretty thick skinned.

I am really just looking for access to decent hunting property, so I figured a guide service would be a good bet. I live in the NW corner of NJ which is relatively rural, but this is still a very crowded state and I think the chances of getting permission near my home would be slim to none as others have likely secured the property long ago. Not to mention all the concerns over liability and litigation should something go afoul.

I would be willing to drive into Pennslyvania or NY, but the prospect of driving around aimlessly and knocking on doors just seems a little daunting in this day and age.

Maybe I am just being too pessimistic. Sure wish I lived in another area of the country!

Trust me dude, it's easier than you think.

I could give you a few specific areas I will almost guarantee to be good bets.

PM me if your serious about coming up this way during the spring (late April-early may) and I can point you in the right direction.

That guide service in Rodent's post seemed to be bragging about just over 1000 pig kills in 2010. Jeez, I killed 197 in 6 weeks last summer in central Ohio. Longest kill was 821 yards. Rodent killed one longer than that.

I actually contacted that outfitter in Ohio (NCOVE).

He wanted $800.00 a day not including meals. This is no joke!

Ain't no way!

CB

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cbmax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank you for all of the responses. I have to say some of you are pretty humorous. Not to worry though, I am pretty thick skinned.
I am really just looking for access to decent hunting property, so I figured a guide service would be a good bet. I live in the NW corner of NJ which is relatively rural, but this is still a very crowded state and I think the chances of getting permission near my home would be slim to none as others have likely secured the property long ago. Not to mention all the concerns over liability and litigation should something go afoul.
I would be willing to drive into Pennslyvania or NY, but the prospect of driving around aimlessly and knocking on doors just seems a little daunting in this day and age.
Maybe I am just being too pessimistic. Sure wish I lived in another area of the country!</div></div>
It's not all bad in NJ, you have some great places to eat.
All the Greek run diners that make some awesome fill your belly kinda meals and you have a place called "Pete's Fishery" that was north of Colts Neck that served fresh fish on company china (paper plates)......MMMMMMMM good!
I lived there for two years while stationed at Colts Neck/ Sima Earl NJ.
...SmokeRolls

HathcockWannabe,

Dude, can't believe you'd suggest Amish country in central PA?! First, I go over there 3 - 4 times a summer and I ain't never seen a groundhog in Amish country. None, Zero, Nil. I always figured the Amish killed everything they couldn't milk, butcher or process in one way or another. Second, that land is so flat over there you'd have to hunt with a shotgun and slugs. Man a miss there (or even a pass through kill) and that bullet's saying "So long, and see you later."

The rest of your advice is GTG though.

I ground hog hunt in MD, OH, PA, WV, KY,and anywhere else I can find a good field to shoot.

A good way to find a good place to hunt is to contact the local DNR oficers. And the farm bureau. Call those guys and ask them for farmers that might let you hunt. That will give you a leg up. Even the cattleman's association would be a good way to start. Tell them you are wiling to spend a little money for the right to hunt. They will help you out.

I would also stay out of PA and NY. I would head a little farther south or west. Like OH or WV. I found farmers in NY and PA to be a bit persnickety about allowing anyone to hunt. You can talk to most any farmer in WV and if you are a good guy you can get permission to ground hog hunt. Just don't break the golden rules. And that is leaving garbage, leaving gates open, and parking in front of gates. Other than that it is easy to find a place to hunt the little critters. Go south, and west, the people are far more friendlier. Tom.

Hoghead,

I tried to send you a PM but was unsuccessful.

Would you mind sending me a PM and I will try and respond.

Thank you.

You could try to post on Craigs list for varmit hunting in services provided. It's an idea. You would be surprised on the people that will let you hunt on their farms to get rid of unwanted critters.
Some will even pay you per coyote??? Groundhog?

As far as groundhog hunting is concerned here in Ky, I grew up hunting them and years ago (30 or so) there were an abundance of them and virtually no coyotes, now the groundhogs aren't as common but I see way more coyotes. I guess coyote's teeth are bigger... Laugh!! ...Even though a big groundhog ain't nothin to mess with when cornered.
....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedRyder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HathcockWannabe,

Dude, can't believe you'd suggest Amish country in central PA?! First, I go over there 3 - 4 times a summer and I ain't never seen a groundhog in Amish country. None, Zero, Nil. I always figured the Amish killed everything they couldn't milk, butcher or process in one way or another. Second, that land is so flat over there you'd have to hunt with a shotgun and slugs. Man a miss there (or even a pass through kill) and that bullet's saying "So long, and see you later."

The rest of your advice is GTG though. </div></div>

Well, there are a mess of us rifle fanatics right around here (Union Country area) that shoot our big rifles from hill top to hill top as we kill groundhogs. Shooting OVER roads is legal here in PA, and I also have access to @ least three 800 yard + fields. I believe we hunt safely, so I'm not sure we're on the same page. If you were talking Lancaster Co, I might agree with you though.

I'm not sure where exactly you are talking about, but I live in Amish/Mennonite country (one of the counties within easy driving distance of Union Co.) and I killed 42 last spring and early summer...on evenings after my college classes. My neighbor, a retired farmer, killed 89 the previous summer and said he could have doubled that if he had hunted a little harder. Maybe your eyes aren't so good?
wink.gif

My eyes are fine thanks. Anymore though, I hardly have time to get out to the fields and when I do, somebody's gone and built a house on it. When you said Amish country I thought you were talking Lancaster County. Though I know there are Amish all over PA.

I don't even know where Union County is! Guess I'll be looking it up. Maybe something of interest whereever it is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HathcockWannebe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Shooting OVER roads is legal here in PA.....

</div></div>

That's another one...and the law reads, IIRC, legal as long as it doesn't interfere with traffic.

That and no motorcycle helmets required but you better have blaze orange on while groundhog hunting.

Is that vehicle law still in effect where you couldn't get an inspection sticker if you had a rust hole larger than a quarter?

PA is one messed up place..........

LOL i live in OHIO most farmers would pay you to kill them.just put them back in the hole so as not to screw up any equipment the farmer has .

ALSO you could stop at local feed mills .they can give you names of farmers looking for someone to kill them hogs

RedRyder,

Hope that comment about your eyesight was taken as the light hearted jab it was intended as.

Union Co. is about an hour north of Harrisburg. There's a lot of nice area here and in the surrounding areas. Lewisburg and Selinsgrove areas would be a good place to start if you are up this way. A little closer to you (I think) would be State College area. I have a friend over there that kills a mess of the buggers every summer. My recommendation is to just drive and find locations that look promising/huntable and then get permission. It's that easy, really.

Tripwire,
The shooting over roads law is one of the few that make sense...especially when you consider the topography of many areas in PA. Lots of steep little hills.

You want lots of "steep" and "hill" then come to where I live here in the Blue Ridge....

Just ironic is all, that PA allows some things that other states would have a cow over, and yet won't allow what the rest of us simply take for granted.

Funny too that just to the north of you that state has a cow over guns period...yet blaze orange is not required to hunt.

Woodchucks have eyes and know how to use them as their main line of defense, it's tough enough to creep on one in the wide open with camo on, let alone wearing a blazing orange billboard that says I'm gonna shoot you.

Simply can't fathom being required to hunt groundhogs and other varmits with blaze orange on, or having to post it near me while turkey hunting. Here a minimum of a ball cap is required during rifle season for deer. The rest of it is wide open and thankfully so...

3.5 hrs. work in a 3 acre field. You don't need a big spread to have a lot of fun hunting groundhogs.

100_3588Large.jpg

This was before I started shooting at Thunder Valley Precision: I don't use the A2 rig much anymore. That said, sneaking up on 'em with iron sighted handguns is a riot: I've potted them with .22 (Ruger Mark II), 380ACP (Ruger LCP) and 45ACP (Colt Series 70 Government Model) pistols.

100_1583Large.jpg

I've never been turned down by farmers when asking to hunt groundhog.

how about that bayonet? like to see that one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3.5 hrs. work in a 3 acre field. You don't need a big spread to have a lot of fun hunting groundhogs.

100_3588Large.jpg

This was before I started shooting at Thunder Valley Precision: I don't use the A2 rig much anymore. That said, sneaking up on 'em with iron sighted handguns is a riot: I've potted them with .22 (Ruger Mark II), 380ACP (Ruger LCP) and 45ACP (Colt Series 70 Government Model) pistols.

100_1583Large.jpg

I've never been turned down by farmers when asking to hunt groundhog.

</div></div>
I would love to see you kill a groundhog with that bayonet.
Hahahahahahha!
Nice kills.
.......SmokeRolls

Not yet with the bayonet. Makes a good udeadyet poker/pitchfork.

My brother and I have a standing competition for running em down & dispatching with no weapons at all. You have to get in between them & their hole complex. They'll gnash their teeth & eventually make a run right at you: wind up and boot em as hard as you can in the nose, then stomp on their neck when they land. I'm down 3 to his 4 right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not yet with the bayonet. Makes a good udeadyet poker/pitchfork.

My brother and I have a standing competition for running em down & dispatching with no weapons at all. You have to get in between them & their hole complex. They'll gnash their teeth & eventually make a run right at you: wind up and boot em as hard as you can in the nose, then stomp on their neck when they land. I'm down 3 to his 4 right now. </div></div>
Although I bet that is hilarious when it happens...have you ever tried to kick and fell on your ass...
I think I like a safer distance.
You video that and we will stand in line to see that recording.
.....SmokeRolls

Had one latch onto my pant leg once, but he didn't get through.

When my brother first told me he did it, I didn't believe it. A month later, I was hauling hay out of a field and saw one way out away from his hole, figured I could beat him there if I jumped off the tractor quick enough. Went just like he said. The look on their face as they try to figure out what you're up to is hilarious. Heck of a rush.

The times this happens successfully are scarce for how much time we spend afield, and we've never had any type of camera on us at the time. Just once was there even another person around to see it.

This guy catches them with his bare hands, though:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCZksKAa7_E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCZksKAa7_E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Chasin' 'em down on foot is fairly sporty, as is with a tractor/hay rake.

This of course, would add extra cost to the Hunt, above and beyond.....

pistolchuck2.jpg

9mmgroundhog.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tullius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had one latch onto my pant leg once, but he didn't get through.
When my brother first told me he did it, I didn't believe it. A month later, I was hauling hay out of a field and saw one way out away from his hole, figured I could beat him there if I jumped off the tractor quick enough. Went just like he said. The look on their face as they try to figure out what you're up to is hilarious. Heck of a rush.
The times this happens successfully are scarce for how much time we spend afield, and we've never had any type of camera on us at the time. Just once was there even another person around to see it.
This guy catches them with his bare hands, though:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCZksKAa7_E"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KCZksKAa7_E" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>
Yeah. I know of a world class racoon hunter that has caught full grown male boars (racoons) with his bare hands and acts like it's nothing....
You will always find people that just have a knack with animals and can do things that if others attempt to do the same thing, they end up in the ER.
Hats off to them, I don't think I would have that kind of luck.
.....SmokeRolls

Im about 40 min south of pittsburgh. If its worth your drive you can hunt here anythime. Coyotes are starting to pick up in numbers as well. I wont guide you, but you can come and walk around all day. we board hoses, and the neighbor has cattle. Nobdoy wants them around, come shoot em all.

LOL. like the tractor/ hay rake combo. thats good. nothign the IH turbo cant run down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll guide you in Ky for $400 per day (I'm not cheap but I never liked to be the cheapest guy on the block).............SmokeRolls </div></div>

That will be $12,000 for one month. I went ahead and rounded it up for you just so it's easier to figure. I know a great steak place to boot, I'll tell them we are coming. I'll bring my family, they would like to eat there to.
.....SmokeRolls </div></div>
Thanks for rounding it up for me Smoke! I hate all that pesky multiplying.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll guide you in Ky for $400 per day (I'm not cheap but I never liked to be the cheapest guy on the block).............SmokeRolls </div></div>

Thanks for rounding it up for me Smoke! I hate all that pesky multiplying. </div></div>
I'm just having fun. If you were serious about some coyote/groundhog hunting, we can work out something.
There are way more coyotes in this area than there are groundhogs though.
Most groundhogs are in barns or around buildings on farms in this area and will involve some CQB work with 22's or atleast smaller caliber to prevent excesive damage to barns.....It is fun though.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'm just having fun. If you were serious about some coyote/groundhog hunting, we can work out something.
Most groundhogs are in barns or around buildings on farms in this area and will involve some CQB work with 22's or atleast smaller caliber to prevent excesive damage to barns.....It is fun though.
I hope you were joking! I don't have 12k laying around for a groundhog hunt.. Or even a month of free time for that matter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I hope you were joking! I don't have 12k laying around for a groundhog hunt.. Or even a month of free time for that matter.</div></div>
I was totally playing and smiling as I was typing.
If I new someone was serious about a hunt though, I could be serious as well.
.....SmokeRolls

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I hope you were joking! I don't have 12k laying around for a groundhog hunt.. Or even a month of free time for that matter.</div></div>
I was totally playing and smiling as I was typing.
If I new someone was serious about a hunt though, I could be serious as well.
Kentucky is kinda far...sorry Smoke haha. Maybe someday.

Okay so I am just going to come out and ask!

Does anyone here have land that I could hunt woodchucks somewhere near NJ?

I dont need no stinkin' guide!

Chris