• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Wooden stock makers

sharpshot50

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2011
St. Louis, MO
This may be in the wrong section, but I am looking to have a walnut left handed stock made for a Remington 700 platform. The left handed part makes them difficult to find from most places I’ve looked.

Is anyone willing to share with me a builder/site that might be able to do this

The project would essentially be something extremely similar to a 700 BDL/CDL stock that is left handed and able to hold an M24 or MTU barrel.

Thanks!

Reactions: LG65CM
My nephew. Riflesmith and wood stock maker. He coincidentally is left handed! He is in the middle of two rifles (both wood stocks) for me and another project. Let me contact him and if he can do it. Lives in St Cloud, MN. Will message you tomorrow. lg

I had Owen at Rifles Refined make me this 700 stock from from some Maple I had. The workmanship is excellent and he's very easy to communicate with. It's also the most comfortable stock I have. He's currently making me one for my 6.5CM Tikka out of the same wood but dyed with black dye.
IMG_20191013_103013.jpg
IMG_20191201_104549.jpg

Notch, what was the cost for the stock?
Adjustable cheekpiece included
Thanks

It was around $1200 shipped. If anyone is interested, email him and ask. It's custom work with lots of options so each one will be different I'd expect. I know he has some beautiful chunks of walnut in stock too. [email protected]

Do a quick good search of J Sip custom guns out of Utah. Does some awesome custom wood stock work

Are you looking for a custom?
If not, Boyd's has several LH stock designs for the M700. I'm sure Richards Microfit does as well.

If you're good with any of their stock designs, and just want a different/better grade of wood, any smith with a duplicator can use it as a pattern, and spin one off any blank provided. The guys that do a lot of them (and there aren't many around anymore due to lack of demand), may already have LH patterns.

I had Owen at Rifles Refined make me this 700 stock from from some Maple I had. The workmanship is excellent and he's very easy to communicate with. It's also the most comfortable stock I have. He's currently making me one for my 6.5CM Tikka out of the same wood but dyed with black dye.
View attachment 7281620View attachment 7281621

very nice look with that wood. Did you laminate 2 pieces together or is it 1 solid board?