• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Woody's Designated Marksman Match 2013 schedule

Shooters

We are ready to announce the 2013 schedule for the Matches @ Woodys Farm. The delayed scheduling was caused by us having to clear a zoning hurdle that arose post the Fall Match in November. The GREAT news is we made it past that hurdle and are good to go!!!!!!!!!!

The feedback and the overall smooth flow of the “Tee Time” start approach which virtually eliminated shooter downtime between stages will be used for the (2) DMM Matches. In addition, due to the strong support and request for not only continuing the Individual Precision Tactical match we will have it on its own match weekend with 9 Stages currently under preliminary design. We will open advance registration for the 1st 2013 match in the next week or so and hope to see you there.

Below are the dates and match formats for 2013. The match details we be added as available to the web site http://woodysmatch.com/ and on Snipers Hide :

• 4.6.13 Long Range Individual Precision Tactical Match
• 6.22.13 Designated Marksman Match (DMM) with Annual Prize Table
• 11.9.13 Designated Marksman Match (DMM)
If you have any questions or would like to be a sponsor (or recommend sponsors) or would like to be an RO please e-mail me @ [email protected]

Semper Fi
Dave

Re: Woody's Designated Marksman Match 2013 schedule

Dave,
Mark and I will be there for both of the DMM's.

Thanks!

It will be great to see you guys! I am heading up to Pineville and London KY this weekend on family stuff. I am sure when I get back no one will understand a word I say....

Just hang in there Dave!
Very few folks are fortunate enough to master two languages in a lifetime like we have.
grin.gif

Hope you have a safe trip!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fw707</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just hang in there Dave!
Very few folks are fortunate enough to master two languages in a lifetime like we have.
grin.gif

Hope you have a safe trip!
</div></div>

Had to post pone their was no way I was traveling over Clinch Mtn and the Gap in a box truck this weekend!!!!!!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the match. I will likley be heading to Ky more this year on family business so I need to pick your brain on shooting opportunites to help offset the trip stress

It is GREAT to see so many registrations so quickly for the individual match!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Looking forward to seeing you at the match. I will likley be heading to Ky more this year on family business so I need to pick your brain on shooting opportunites to help offset the trip stress

</div></div>

I think we can fix you up. Just let us know when you'll be here.

Me and "707"
Will fix you right up !
I sure we can come up with Something.
Just give us a heads up !

M

Looks like weather permitting I will be heading to LOndon Ky next weekend on family business ans likely a bunch later in the year

pm sent.

I can't wait for the first match in April! It is like waiting for Christmas.

I'm in for the April match...and the DMMs if I'm local. Looks like we might have another solid Marine turnout!

Knight,

Come on up, we always have a blast out at Woody's. Gets better and better every year.

Registered, paid, and I'm loading practice ammo tonight. Unfortunately the April match will probably be my last match at Woody's for a long time, I just got orders off the east coast.

Last edited:
Hunter, it will be Bigger, Better, and more Badass than last year! :cool:

Gray we took a vote and you have to shoot the match with a TC Contender in .30-30 Win weak hand with a 2X scope. ;)

Seriously, though I'm sure Dave will be along soon enough with additional details. I know he has been swamped with work and club stuff as of late.

Shooters a week put so I will be e-mailing round count and squad schedules tomorrow. We can fit a couple more folks in so if you want to register go for it. It looks to be a good match with around 60 shooters. After the match is completed we will open up registration for the June DMM Match. Still getting used to Franks new format so I had not been on in a week or so nor got the normal notifcations

See you next Saturday

Semper Fi

Dave

Time permitting after the match, if anybody wants to bring their rimfire trainer along I'll have my rimfire steel there for plinking. This is what I have for 100yds out to 250yds:

IMG_2170_zpsa38ac5db.jpg

Largets is ~12H x 6W and smallest is 3H x 1.5W.

Time permitting after the match, if anybody wants to bring their rimfire trainer along I'll have my rimfire steel there for plinking. This is what I have for 100yds out to 250yds:

Largets is ~12H x 6W and smallest is 3H x 1.5W.

Tom, I really dislike you for getting me interested in rimfire. I can hear my bank acct screaming for mercy.

You guys should change the DMM date so I can shoot. :) I have a wedding to go to. :(

Dave and Woody through a great match, minimal downtime, good stages for positional shooting, and if the food truck shows up you've got some good chow to boot. Lots of good people out there too!

Saturday is looking great for the match looks like the RO's will get my favorite kind of shoot on Friday a good ole USMC day wet and windy.

Will shooters have the opportunity to recover brass? I don't mind waiting until after all shooting has completed, as long as no one else is allowed to snarf up brass during the match, either. I can mark brass with a permanent marker to ID it as mine. The damned things cost me a buck and a half apiece, and I'm not sponsored. Leaving 35-50 cases on the ground would double my cost to shoot.

You should have time to pick up your brass as long as your hunt does not slow down your squad. Most common sense approaches work some folks will want to spend 10 minutes hunting for 1 piece with other shooters waiting which the RO will not be able to allow. Marking your brass is always a great idea if you want to go back and hunt for the elusive ones

See you Saturday

Dave

Guys,
This is not a "Whoa Is Me" request but while you'll be having a glorious day on the Range, I'll be at work. How about hooking a Brother up?
Those of you with smart phones and Ballistic Apps, make a post here in between calculations with play-by-play descriptions. If you have one of those new fangled mini cameras, post up some action video (don't forget the slo-motion shots showing muzzle shock wave and facial expressions).
Who ever has the Goodies Headache Powder moment of the day, make a post on it but be kind to them.
And above all else, have a great day while I'm at work.

Can I still register?

edit: never mind, something's come up.

Last edited:
Got a buddy shooting with me, his first match... Does anybody have a extra/spare Long Action AICS Mag he can borrow. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Awesome match! Just a all around great group of people, too bad the lib-tards can't hang out and see what we are about.

Woody, Dave and the ROs, thanks.