• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woohoo! I found my WW2 Garand (I think) lol

madppcs

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2011
    Forest hill, Louisiana
    So Ive been waiting to find a WW2 original condition garand. I found a listing for one and bought it. I didnt do a ton of research prior so Im hoping my purchase was a good one. Regardless, Ive shot it already and it shoots like a dream. I love it, so if there are inconsistencies in numbers and dates then oh well...
    Can you guys maybe help in shedding some light? So far, the serial number matches the 1945 date I was told the rifle was built in, and that it falls into the WW2 construction date?
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png
    4.png
    5.png
    6.png

Well it depends on what you mean by original. If you mean by serial number it is an original WWII era receiver, then yes.

Now do you mean it is original as manufactured? Then no. It has had things changed. Which 99% of them have been thru at least one rebuild.

So for instance on this one, the stock cartouche is post war, from the early 50's. The rear sights are post war as well.

I can't see enough of the rest of it to comment. But it for sure has been thru a rebuild as almost all of them have been.

It's a beautiful rifle though and you are lucky to own it. :)

Thank you for your info! Im offshore and dont have access to it for more pictures. I can find slings, ammo, clips, but I cant seem to find a bayonet. Any info on where to find a Bayonet? Id like it to be old and not a new one lol

Barrel was made in '45 but I cant make out the month, so there's at least a reasonable chance it's original to the reciever.
    Best I can tell the bolt is SA, but cant make out the drawing number and heat lot code to see if it matches up with that s/n range. The correct bolt will have a D28287 drawing number and A-9, A-10, A-14, A-18 or D-17 heat lot code.
    As has already been said the stock is a birch replacement, the original wouldve been walnut and had an SA/NFR cartouch.

Last edited:
    Reactions: madppcs
    I thought you actually found one like in a elder relatives attic or barn or something like that nice buy never less they are dam fine firearms .

Reactions: madppcs