• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater World War Z

28 days later is my favorite zombie movie of all time :) I had forgotten about the crazies though that's not very zombie like at all i guess.

Didn't see the original TRON huh?

Allow me to correct myself "TRON Legacy" :) Correct though haven't seen the original, been meaning to watch it.

Last edited:
Wow, that movie was a mess...a suspenseful, thrilling mess! And yeah, I'm sorry people complain about CGI zombies, but that was some crazy complex crowd animation. You'd never be about to make that "zombie tsunami" with stunt people.

Here's a behind the scenes breakdown on how they made the visuals...
Zombie warfare: World War Z

wwz.jpg
World War Z without VFX

Wow, that movie was a mess...a suspenseful, thrilling mess! And yeah, I'm sorry people complain about CGI zombies, but that was some crazy complex crowd animation. You'd never be about to make that "zombie tsunami" with stunt people.

Here's a behind the scenes breakdown on how they made the visuals...
Zombie warfare: World War Z

View attachment 10821
World War Z without VFX

Agreed what i worry about though, is i want a sequel to come, but i heard the budget was so large that there is no way they're breaking even. There are also a plethora of reviewers trying to really sway people away from it because of things like lack of gore and running zombies. As i said i was surprised but the CGI never bothered me at all honestly. The close ups were also done with people IIRC? Other than maybe two over the top scenes the movie was great. Soundtrack was great as well reminded me of 28 days later. What really amazed me was they sold me on the PG-13 rating it never bothered me that people weren't eating intestines on the street and there was no dismemberment. Also while it's classified as a action movie i didn't it find it so, it was more suspense, which i like. Some summer movies like to throw such a large feat of action in them it loses it's appeal IMO. I also thought the Camp Humphrey's scene right when they land, showing just the opening of the AC130 and the rain was absolutely awesome. As well as the mother nature speech before they got there.

This is just a question but did they ever really state that the infected were eating people per say? It seemed like they just bit people to spread the virus. Which again some people will hate but it didn't bother me.
World War Z Soundtrack Isolated System by Muse - YouTube

Last edited:
The book wasn't great, but it was entertaining.

Seeing not just fast zombies in the trailer, but Usain Bolt-fast zombies, totally pisses me off because it is a main point of Brooks' books that Solanum causes S-L-O-W moving zombies.

Hoping it doesn't suck as bad as it looks...

Greatest book written in the genre. The main point was that modern weapons of mass destruction such as artillery and smart bombs would be useless against zombies. Brad Pitt thought that Brad Pitt was to be the main point of the movie. The best thing about WWZ the book was that it had no hero. It had no railroaded story of salvation. BP just didn't get it

Brad Pitt is just following a script written for him though? Not directing the movie?

Greatest book written in the genre.

Thats highly debatable. Personally I thought WW Z, the book, was mediocre at best. If you liked it, I would suggest to you to check out books by a few of the following authors:

Stephen Knight
J.L. Bourne
Bryan James
Mark Tufo

These are just a few off the top of my head but there are several more authors that are worth checking out as well.

Allow me to begin by saying I'm a fan of the genre.
I dug the CGI and the super-fast/strong Z's.
But I didn't care about Brad Pitt character at all.(Unlike Will Smith's character in 'Legend.)
And how the viral counter-measure was hatched, left me feeling like they had to jump ahead to a "solution".
I read the book and could recommend it but this is a rental.
2.5 Stars.

I read a 'cracked.com' article on how Will Smith's movie 'I am legend' was completely changed by the editing team. The original meaning was apparently that being the last human - he was legend amongst the zombies for killing them. All the traps and funny weird stuff in the film start to make sense when you look at it from that angle. Wish they'd left it that way too.

The movie was pretty decent compared to what else is in theaters right now. They definitely left themselves wide open for a sequel. I've never been a Brad Pitt fan, but he did a good job in the movie.

Maybe some will enjoy it. If you read the book, forget about it. Go see it as a Zombie movie alone, like others said only the title has something in common with the book. Also, the 3D was terrible, I hate 3D anyways but the filming style combined with the 3D made Bourne Supremacy seem like a smooth, calm ride through European countryside. I don't mind that kind of choppy action in 2D if done well, it conveys gritty, un-rehearsed actions scenes in a good way but in 3D it was terrible. Every time something started moving fast (which all the zombies do, why?) it's like you are wearing beer goggles instead of 3D glasses. Have I mentioned I hate 3D? In 2D it's matinee worthy, but had they made it like the book it would have been epic. Instead it's just a decent zombie film without great fight scenes or a compelling plot (except the military base scene, I agree that was awesome. Loved the suppressed rifles in the rain, that was good fun.)

Camp Humphrey's was probably the highlight of the movie honestly. Great cinematography, suspense, and the right amount of action. Seriously when they step off the AC130 in that blinding rain as the rear door opens it was intense. That's just a great scene.

I saw it with a buddy, and we happened to catch the 3d version. Over all it was ho hum, but let me tell you what when he opened the door to the stairwell my buddy let out the biggest "Whoooooo!" of his life. That scared all seven people in the audience. I in turn, startled by my buddy, let out a grunt that he and I both found hysterical. I had to walk out of the movie I was laughing so hard.