• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Worst Movie you ever saw

Re: Worst Movie you ever saw

Yeah Family movie

The Manson Family
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Celia and I eagerly await each Saturday; that we may yet again get to watch another sequence of Cheesy Sci-Fi movies on the SyFy Channel.

They constitute a complete class of wasted bandwidth. We can put the brain in neutral, switch off the intellect, and MST2K away to our hearts' content on the couch together.

They are so <span style="font-style: italic">bad</span> they're fabulously outstanding in a way all their own.

We love it.

Greg </div></div>

That's scary...
I thought the wife and I were the only ones...

http://www.syfy.com/movies/originals/index.php?pageid=145

one of our faves!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stealff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Surprised nobody mentioned SAW 1 thru 5,000.
</div></div>

I saw the first one and fell asleep half way through it, woke up for the end and left the movie theater feeling like I had been fucked out of hard earned dough. THen 2, 3, 4, 10, 15, 45, came out and I never went and saw them. I have friends who went and saw them over and over and over, but I never had any desire whatsoever to go see anymore of the Saw films....

Some of these "worst" picks are just plain amazing. Open Range was the best western ever made. Office Space wasn't aweful. Sure, it was a long way from my favorite movie but it is a cult classic. Traffic? Traffic wasn't bad at all. And those were just on the first page.

But the true shame of it is that we've gone 6 pages of "worst movie" thread without anyone mentioning Steven Segall. Name any movie he's made since Under Siege and you'll have your list of worst movies in no time.
smile.gif

PS- it's funny to see how trends vary on one forum to another. On Lightfighter.net "Expendables" was given rave reviews while here, on another tactical forum, everyone seemed to hate it.

nacho libre
punch drunk love
beer for my horses
+1 for anything segall being shit
and just about any remake the new karate kid is horrible

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wmr264</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nacho libre
</div></div>

You know, my brother raved about Nacho Libre and when I first saw it I thought it was crap. For some unknown reason I watched it a second time...and a third... It gets much better the more you see it. haha

Worst movie I ever watched was called "Blood and Chocolate"
It was a werewolf movie and the werewolves actually became less dangerous when they transformed. (they transform into actual wolves) At one point the main character (random dude with no special skills) is being hunted by the "pack" and stumbles upon a "silver" butter knife. He then proceeds to kill about a nine of them with it.

District 9

Into the Badlands (western with Bruce Dern)

Misery (James Caan)

Dead Man’s Bounty (Polish western, Val Kilmer. Kilmer is a dead body throughout movie… bizarre)

Open Range – one of best westerns ever.
Starship Troopers – yep, shower scene saved it.

Easy. Lost Highway. A David Lynch film. I still am tortured with thoughts of how to get those two hours back. I have read reviews which suggest I may just be too dim to understand the film...

On another note, my Daughter and her husband bring Steven Segal films when they come to visit so that we can make fun of them. I actually liked his earlier stuff, but the new ones are MST3000 quality. His death scene in "Machete" is a do not miss!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tac243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">no counrty for old men </div></div>

??? It won 4 Oscars, including "Best Picture". I loved it. I watched it and turned right around and watched it a second time with my wife.

Gotta go with TAC243

Maybe I missed the point of the film, but I thought it was profoundly overrated...

Plan 9 From Outer Space, an Ed Wood movie.

Battlefield Earth, departed so far from the book it was an abortion.
Star Ship Troopers was only lightly based on the Heinlien book. The book was written for the juvenile market (I first read it at age 10, so ...), and being directed by the same guy who did Total Recall, in the same cartoonish style, there was no way it was going to be a Sci-Fi hit like the second Alien (Aliens) movie.

Plan 9 is so bad that it's actually good in its own twisted, bizarre way. Bella Lugosi died before filming... his scenes were filled in by Wood's wife's chiropractor holding his cape up. The UFO's were hubcaps. Classic.

Cheers, Sirhr

Some film rendition of the opera Don Giovanni. Had to watch it in school for a philosophy class.

It was like 3 hours long of a bunch of weirdos singing italian with little if any storyline.

or maybe im just uncultured...

Oh, I forgot. As far as consistently bad, anything by M. Night Shyamalan.

with the exception of "6th Sense"

They get worse with every film.....

I think Machete was the worst if this decade. After the success of desperato, Rodriguez could have casted anyone but Danny Trejo as lead. Also Jessica Alba looks like a crack ho now.

Ok I guess I was the only one that has watched it,
Eye of the Beholder with Ashley Judd....
Just no words...

speed racer. way over the top and ridiculous plot, and "no country for old man" is still top three followed by "the hurt locker"

127hours, open range, hurt locker, mr hollands opus, avatar, waterworld, and I am legend, some of the dumbest movies I have seen.

oh, anything with steven segeall sucks ass too

The worst movie I ever seen actually had Bill Murray in it. I am fan of Bill Murray but "Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou" was the worst movie that always sticks out when someone ask. So there is my worst movie.

Edward Scissor Hands, The new Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, Anything that has to do with Michael Moore!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ubet</div><div class="ubbcode-body">127hours, open range, hurt locker, mr hollands opus, avatar, waterworld, and I am legend, some of the dumbest movies I have seen.

oh, anything with steven segeall sucks ass too </div></div>

Oh, common' Steven Seagal is kinda cool....
smile.gif

Gumo... I couldn't even finish it. The Mexican would be a close second.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From a purely economic standpoint, that's easy-"Waterworld"

Just plain bad-"Ishtar"</div></div>

Oh come one Ishtar is just a B flick that does not mean it is bad.

Air America. Sucked and disrespected real heros.

Tropic Thunder. I can't believe I made it a full 20 minutes before walking out!

Google "Zardoz"....it's suppose to be the "best worst movie ever made". Think....Sean Connery wearing a red diaper, sporting a ponytail, wielding a revolver and riding a horse. How bad could it be...and the best part, if you make it that far, is how the name of the movie came about!!

Blindness, without a doubt. It's the only movie that I've walked out of before it was over. District 9 was also pretty bad, but fortunately it was just a rental.

"Open Water" 2004 movie about a couple of scuba divers left by accident by the dive boat. I really wanted my money back.

Alone in the Dark. Just dumb.

Here is mine:

Kiss of the Spider Woman, William Hurt

Nacho Libre, School of Rock or any film with that idiot in it

Any Michael Moore film, the dumbest communist around

Inception, I walked out, left my wife and son there to watch it, went to Home Depot and picked them up after the movie

Some god-awful film about a cougar played by Lily Tomlin who hits on a kid played by John Travolta. I was 19 or 20 and the woman I went to see the movie with was really hot; we left early. This was 1977, I think. I don't remember the name of the movie but it really sucked. Second worst is anything with Bruce Lee. I tried, really I did, to like them, but I went to two, walked out on both. Enter the Dragon I think was the worst of the two, but it was a long time ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTRP-CKA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
adaptation.jpg
</div></div>

Being John Malkovitch was another one I turned off. Never saw the ending. Walked out of the room to make a drink and "forgot" to come back and watch the rest of the train wreck.

B-movie?

It cost $40 million to make - which doesn't sound like much now, but this was an era when the typical comedy cost $10 million. And Ishtar only pulled in $14 million at the box office.

Contrast this to the similar Dan Ackroyd/Chevy Chase vehicle Spies Like Us, which came out the year before Ishtar. It cost $22 million to make, and earned $60 million at the box office. (These are all IMDB numbers, by the way.)<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rpk762</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From a purely economic standpoint, that's easy-"Waterworld"

Just plain bad-"Ishtar"</div></div>

Oh come one Ishtar is just a B flick that does not mean it is bad. </div></div>

dumb and dumber... watched it with a girl who loved it so I could hit that shit after, so was NOT worth it.